Jump to topic:

Mass Shootings

ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 7:09:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Shooting in Oregon: Mercer, who killed nine people and injured seven more in Roseburg, Oregon, on Thursday, laments his misfortune, writing in the manifesto, "I am going to die friendless, girlfriendless, and a virgin."

Mercer allegedly singled out Christians during his massacre, asking people to state their religion and shooting those who identified as Christians in the head.

The difference between Mercer and the rabid anti-theists we have here, is only a matter of degree.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On December 14, 2012, Victoria Leigh Soto was teaching her first grade class at Sandy Hook Elementary School when Adam Lanza forced his way into the school and began to shoot staff and students. After killing fifteen students and two teachers in the first classroom, Lanza entered Soto's classroom. Soto had hidden several children in a closet, and when Lanza entered her classroom, she told him that the children were in the auditorium. When several children ran from their hiding places, Lanza began shooting the students. Soto was shot after she "threw herself in front of her first grade students

A memorial service was held on December 15, and funeral services took place on December 19 at her church,.....

Victoria died trying to save little children. Adam heartlessly murdered them.
Victoria was a Christian. Adam was an atheist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Virginia Tech shooting (also known as the Virginia Tech massacre) was a school shooting that took place on April 16, 2007, on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. Seung-Hui Cho, a senior at Virginia Tech, shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 others in two separate attacks

Cho was initially prevented from entering due to barricades erected by instructors and students. In room 204, Professor Liviu Librescu, an Israeli Holocaust survivor, forcibly prevented Cho from entering the room. Librescu was able to hold the door closed until most of his students escaped through the windows, but he died after being shot multiple times through the door.

Liviu died trying to protect his students, he was an imminent, published professor and a Jew. Cho was an atheist.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Columbine High School massacre was a school shooting that occurred on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School in Columbine, an unincorporated area of Jefferson County in the state of Colorado. The perpetrators, two senior students Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, murdered a total of 12 students and one teacher. They injured 21 additional people, with three others being injured while attempting to escape the school. The pair then committed suicide

"REB! There's a nigger over here" ("REB" was Harris' online identity). Harris left Pasquale and joined him. According to witnesses, Klebold and Harris taunted Shoels for a few seconds, making derogatory racial comments.[11] Harris knelt down and shot Shoels once in the chest at close range, killing him instantly. Klebold also knelt down and opened fire, hitting and killing Kechter. Harris then yelled; "Who's ready to die next?".

Harris walked over to the table across from the lower computer row, slapped the surface twice and knelt, saying "Peek-a-boo" to 17-year-old Cassie Bernall before shooting her once in the head, killing her instantly. [A friend hiding with her] stated Bernall had been praying prior to her murder.

Cassie Bernall was a Christian. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were atheists.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charleston church shooting On the evening of June 17, 2015, a mass shooting took place at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina, United States. During a prayer service, nine people were killed by a gunman, including the senior pastor, state senator Clementa C. Pinckney; a tenth victim survived. The morning after the attack, police arrested a suspect, later identified as 21-year-old Dylann Roof, in Shelby, North Carolina. Roof later confessed that he committed the shooting in hopes of igniting a race war.

During the hour preceding the attack, 13 people including the shooter participated in the Bible study. According to the accounts of people who talked to survivors, the shooter asked for Pinckney and sat down next to him, initially listening to others during the study. He started to disagree when they began discussing Scripture.

Eventually, after waiting for the other participants to begin praying, he stood up and pulled a gun from a fanny pack, aiming it at 87-year-old Susie Jackson. Jackson's nephew, 26-year-old Tywanza Sanders, tried to talk him down and asked him why he was attacking churchgoers. The shooter responded, "I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go."

When he expressed his intention to shoot everyone, Sanders dove in front of Jackson and was shot first. The suspect then shot the other victims, all the while shouting racial epithets. He also reportedly said, "Y'all want something to pray about? I'll give you something to pray about." He reloaded his gun five times. Sanders' mother and his five-year-old niece, both attending the study, survived the shooting by pretending to be dead.

Dylann Roof entered a Church to kill Christians. He was an atheist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.

http://www.nationalreview.com...

With Christians explicitly targeted for mass murder, are we now going to launch a round of anguished soul-searching about anti-Christian rhetoric? Will we cleanse political discourse of anti-Christian expression? Will militant, angry atheists be universally shamed into silence?

The racist massacre of a black Bible-study group in Charleston earlier this year led to an extraordinary, sustained burst of commentary on racism, the South, and the Civil War " not to mention the public cleansing of Confederate symbols, a move that included a planned exhumation of Confederate bones and the toppling of Confederate statues.

If recent history is any guide, in the days following an explicitly anti-Christian hate crime, the National Conversation will be mainly about gun control. The unmistakable rise of a particularly contemptuous brand of discourse directed at Christians will be an afterthought in the face of the "real" issue: America"s failure to confiscate guns like Australia. But if the gunman had asked Muslims to stand before shooting them, what would the conversation look like today?

After all, we"re still talking about the brief detention of a young Muslim student who made a clock look like a bomb. Will we talk about anti-Christian bigotry after Roseburg as much as we discussed "Islamophobia" after Ahmed?

I doubt it.

Mat 24:9 - Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Anti-theists, front and center!

Mat 24:12 - And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

"Ustabee" Christians. Center stage!

Mat 24:13 - But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Christians. Take a bow.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 7:17:02 PM
Theophobia is a real thing.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
unitedandy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 7:37:39 PM
What a silly post. Do you write for conservapedia or summat? Whole load of post hoc ergo propter hoc.

The solution to yet another mass shooting isn't stricter gun legislation, or banning firearms wholesale. It's curtailing freedom of thought from an issue which has literally nothing to do with guns specifically or politics in general.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 7:39:12 PM
I'm sure this shooter was filled with much of the same rhetoric we hear at this forum, "The world would be better off without religion (code name for Christianity)", "Hitler was a Christian", "The American founding fathers were deists (against Christianity)", "Christians support genocide, infanticide, witch burning, etc.", "There are 33,000 Christian denominations, all against each other", "Christians are against science", "Christians are against medical advancement that may save many lives", etc.

I wonder if any atheists here and elsewhere truly realize how damaging their twisting of facts are. Most of them probably don't think about what they're saying, or are just repeating what they read from atheist activist sites. But I think some of them are aware, and are just ignoring the potential consequences, maybe thinking their twisting of facts will result in a positive in the long run. They forget about the fact that they don't know the mindset of who's receiving these twisted facts (and outright lies), thinking everyone is subject to some sort of universal humanistic mindset, singing John Lennon's "Imagine" around some imaginary global campfire.

No! There are people who will take their deluded statements seriously/literally, and feel they are justification for murdering Christians.
unitedandy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 8:18:45 PM
At 10/6/2015 7:39:12 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
I'm sure this shooter was filled with much of the same rhetoric we hear at this forum, "The world would be better off without religion (code name for Christianity)", "Hitler was a Christian", "The American founding fathers were deists (against Christianity)", "Christians support genocide, infanticide, witch burning, etc.", "There are 33,000 Christian denominations, all against each other", "Christians are against science", "Christians are against medical advancement that may save many lives", etc.

Seriously? People who criticise Christianity in certain ways are in cahoots somehow with a disturbed murderer? Does that work the other way, then? Do Christians share responsibility because they are "filled with much of the same rhetoric" as Brevik? Didn't think so.

I wonder if any atheists here and elsewhere truly realize how damaging their twisting of facts are. Most of them probably don't think about what they're saying, or are just repeating what they read from atheist activist sites. But I think some of them are aware, and are just ignoring the potential consequences, maybe thinking their twisting of facts will result in a positive in the long run.

Justify it, rather than asserting it. There's no outbreak of shooting Christians in predominately atheist countries in Western Europe, for example. But why care about facts?

No! There are people who will take their deluded statements seriously/literally, and feel they are justification for murdering Christians.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 8:43:35 PM
The fun thing about this is looking to the prison system and seeing which denomination those incarcerated predominately identify as.

Lets take tabulations on this, shall we?

Or does yet another population of individuals get shielded from scrutiny because... "They aren't true Christians (tm)".
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
phoungyu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 9:13:38 PM
At 10/6/2015 7:09:56 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Mat 24:9 - Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Christians. Take a bow. : :

All the killings in this world should be blamed on God who is the killer of all His people;

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

1 Samuel 2
6: The Lord kills and brings to life; he brings down to Sheol and raises up.

7: The Lord makes poor and makes rich; he brings low, he also exalts.
8: He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ask heap, to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the Lord"s, and on them he has set the world.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 10:44:42 PM
Shooting in Oregon: Mercer, who killed nine people and injured seven more in Roseburg, Oregon, on Thursday, laments his misfortune, writing in the manifesto, "I am going to die friendless, girlfriendless, and a virgin."

Mercer allegedly singled out Christians during his massacre, asking people to state their religion and shooting those who identified as Christians in the head.

The difference between Mercer and the rabid anti-theists we have here, is only a matter of degree.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On December 14, 2012, Victoria Leigh Soto was teaching her first grade class at Sandy Hook Elementary School when Adam Lanza forced his way into the school and began to shoot staff and students. After killing fifteen students and two teachers in the first classroom, Lanza entered Soto's classroom. Soto had hidden several children in a closet, and when Lanza entered her classroom, she told him that the children were in the auditorium. When several children ran from their hiding places, Lanza began shooting the students. Soto was shot after she "threw herself in front of her first grade students

A memorial service was held on December 15, and funeral services took place on December 19 at her church,.....

Victoria died trying to save little children. Adam heartlessly murdered them.
Victoria was a Christian. Adam was an atheist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Virginia Tech shooting (also known as the Virginia Tech massacre) was a school shooting that took place on April 16, 2007, on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. Seung-Hui Cho, a senior at Virginia Tech, shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 others in two separate attacks

Cho was initially prevented from entering due to barricades erected by instructors and students. In room 204, Professor Liviu Librescu, an Israeli Holocaust survivor, forcibly prevented Cho from entering the room. Librescu was able to hold the door closed until most of his students escaped through the windows, but he died after being shot multiple times through the door.

Liviu died trying to protect his students, he was an imminent, published professor and a Jew. Cho was an atheist.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Columbine High School massacre was a school shooting that occurred on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School in Columbine, an unincorporated area of Jefferson County in the state of Colorado. The perpetrators, two senior students Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, murdered a total of 12 students and one teacher. They injured 21 additional people, with three others being injured while attempting to escape the school. The pair then committed suicide

"REB! There's a nigger over here" ("REB" was Harris' online identity). Harris left Pasquale and joined him. According to witnesses, Klebold and Harris taunted Shoels for a few seconds, making derogatory racial comments.[11] Harris knelt down and shot Shoels once in the chest at close range, killing him instantly. Klebold also knelt down and opened fire, hitting and killing Kechter. Harris then yelled; "Who's ready to die next?".

Harris walked over to the table across from the lower computer row, slapped the surface twice and knelt, saying "Peek-a-boo" to 17-year-old Cassie Bernall before shooting her once in the head, killing her instantly. [A friend hiding with her] stated Bernall had been praying prior to her murder.

Cassie Bernall was a Christian. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were atheists.

Charleston church shooting On the evening of June 17, 2015, a mass shooting took place at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina, United States. During a prayer service, nine people were killed by a gunman, including the senior pastor, state senator Clementa C. Pinckney; a tenth victim survived. The morning after the attack, police arrested a suspect, later identified as 21-year-old Dylann Roof, in Shelby, North Carolina. Roof later confessed that he committed the shooting in hopes of igniting a race war.

During the hour preceding the attack, 13 people including the shooter participated in the Bible study. According to the accounts of people who talked to survivors, the shooter asked for Pinckney and sat down next to him, initially listening to others during the study. He started to disagree when they began discussing Scripture.

Eventually, after waiting for the other participants to begin praying, he stood up and pulled a gun from a fanny pack, aiming it at 87-year-old Susie Jackson. Jackson's nephew, 26-year-old Tywanza Sanders, tried to talk him down and asked him why he was attacking churchgoers. The shooter responded, "I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go."

When he expressed his intention to shoot everyone, Sanders dove in front of Jackson and was shot first. The suspect then shot the other victims, all the while shouting racial epithets. He also reportedly said, "Y'all want something to pray about? I'll give you something to pray about." He reloaded his gun five times. Sanders' mother and his five-year-old niece, both attending the study, survived the shooting by pretending to be dead.

Dylann Roof entered a Church to kill Christians. He was an atheist.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.

http://www.nationalreview.com...

With Christians explicitly targeted for mass murder, are we now going to launch a round of anguished soul-searching about anti-Christian rhetoric? Will we cleanse political discourse of anti-Christian expression? Will militant, angry atheists be universally shamed into silence?

The racist massacre of a black Bible-study group in Charleston earlier this year led to an extraordinary, sustained burst of commentary on racism, the South, and the Civil War " not to mention the public cleansing of Confederate symbols, a move that included a planned exhumation of Confederate bones and the toppling of Confederate statues.

If recent history is any guide, in the days following an explicitly anti-Christian hate crime, the National Conversation will be mainly about gun control. The unmistakable rise of a particularly contemptuous brand of discourse directed at Christians will be an afterthought in the face of the "real" issue: America"s failure to confiscate guns like Australia. But if the gunman had asked Muslims to stand before shooting them, what would the conversation look like today?

After all, we"re still talking about the brief detention of a young Muslim student who made a clock look like a bomb. Will we talk about anti-Christian bigotry after Roseburg as much as we discussed "Islamophobia" after Ahmed?

I doubt it.

Christian
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 10:53:42 PM

The only acceptable discrimination these days is against Christians.

If this were a Christian murdering Atheists, Muslims or Jews - there would be an outcry.
If the people were targeted because of sex, orientation or ethnic background there would be endless discussions on the news networks.

Christians targeted? Don't talk about it just push gun control.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 11:07:58 PM

Does this work both ways ? look at all the people who have killed, tortured, oppressed, lied, deceived, all the while being of the view they have God on their side, they are doing Gods will, spreading Gods truth, conforming to Gods law, adhering to Gods message and path, all the while telling themselves they are hated because of Jesus.

Christians like Ethan its only a matter of degrees.............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2015 11:08:21 PM
I'm sure this shooter was filled with much of the same rhetoric we hear at this forum, "The world would be better off without religion (code name for Christianity)", "Hitler was a Christian",

By virtue of an inherent law, these riches belong to him who conquers them. The great migrations set out from the East. With us begins the ebb, from West to East. That's in accordance with the laws of nature. By means of struggle, the "lites are continually renewed. The law of selection justifies this incessant struggle, by allowing the survival of the fittest. Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure. - Hitler

"The American founding fathers were deists (against Christianity)",

Maybe 2 were deist. Majority were conservative christian. Read the words of Washington, Adams, and Adams, and the other Adams, Hamilton, Hancock ect..

And Jefferson is not as much as a Deist as Atheist like to paint him. He was an English Deist if anything non-Christian.

Again it is a lie, and showing the founding father's as Deist still lends no credence to Atheism. What is revealed by actually reading the works of these men is they believed in a personal God, Jesus as teacher and savior, and a resurrection of their physical bodies.

"Christians support genocide, infanticide, witch burning, etc.",

Abortion, eugenics, physician assisted suicide, are so much more enlightened.

"There are 33,000 Christian denominations, all against each other",

I don't know I see a lot of them working together.

"Christians are against science", "Christians are against medical advancement that may save many lives", etc.

I wonder if any atheists here and elsewhere truly realize how damaging their twisting of facts are. Most of them probably don't think about what they're saying, or are just repeating what they read from atheist activist sites. But I think some of them are aware, and are just ignoring the potential consequences, maybe thinking their twisting of facts will result in a positive in the long run. They forget about the fact that they don't know the mindset of who's receiving these twisted facts (and outright lies), thinking everyone is subject to some sort of universal humanistic mindset, singing John Lennon's "Imagine" around some imaginary global campfire.

Atheism is a mental poison. It can only logically conclude in the acceptance of rhetoric and erroneous catch phrases as a replacement for logical thought.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 7:55:28 AM
At 10/6/2015 11:08:21 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
I'm sure this shooter was filled with much of the same rhetoric we hear at this forum, "The world would be better off without religion (code name for Christianity)", "Hitler was a Christian",

By virtue of an inherent law, these riches belong to him who conquers them. The great migrations set out from the East. With us begins the ebb, from West to East. That's in accordance with the laws of nature. By means of struggle, the "lites are continually renewed. The law of selection justifies this incessant struggle, by allowing the survival of the fittest. Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure. - Hitler

"The American founding fathers were deists (against Christianity)",

Maybe 2 were deist. Majority were conservative christian. Read the words of Washington, Adams, and Adams, and the other Adams, Hamilton, Hancock ect..

And Jefferson is not as much as a Deist as Atheist like to paint him. He was an English Deist if anything non-Christian.

Again it is a lie, and showing the founding father's as Deist still lends no credence to Atheism. What is revealed by actually reading the works of these men is they believed in a personal God, Jesus as teacher and savior, and a resurrection of their physical bodies.

"Christians support genocide, infanticide, witch burning, etc.",

Abortion, eugenics, physician assisted suicide, are so much more enlightened.

"There are 33,000 Christian denominations, all against each other",

I don't know I see a lot of them working together.

"Christians are against science", "Christians are against medical advancement that may save many lives", etc.

Atheism is a mental poison. It can only logically conclude in the acceptance of rhetoric and erroneous catch phrases as a replacement for logical thought.

Unlike the logical thought that everything was created by an invisible sky fairy, who wants to control our (inter alia) bedroom pastimes.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 8:10:00 AM
At 10/6/2015 7:09:56 PM, ethang5 :
<snipped for space>
Provide some evidence that these people were atheists.
Just more "kwisjun" hate speech.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 10:11:21 PM
At 10/6/2015 9:13:38 PM, phoungyu wrote:

Christians. Take a bow. : :

All the killings in this world should be blamed on God who is the killer of all His people;

Moses isn't dead. Neither is Joseph or David. I'm not going to die. It helps to know of what you speak.

And "blaming" all the killing on God is like "blaming all my wife's pregnancies on me........ I'm allowed.

All souls are His.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 10:15:53 PM
At 10/6/2015 10:45:26 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

You forget all the gunmen were democrats.

Didn't forget. I didn't want to be redundant.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 10:21:11 PM
At 10/6/2015 11:07:58 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Does this work both ways ? look at all the people who have killed, tortured, oppressed, lied, deceived, all the while being of the view they have God on their side, they are doing Gods will, spreading Gods truth, conforming to Gods law, adhering to Gods message and path, all the while telling themselves they are hated because of Jesus.

Don't be reactionary IC. Anti-atheists go around trying to stamp out theism. They want it eliminated. They have said so on this board. I know of no theist who wants to forbid atheism. I know of no theist who has shot up atheists in mass BECAUSE they were atheists.

Think man.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 10:38:49 PM
At 10/7/2015 8:10:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
<snipped for space>

Actually, when we read the facebook pages, the manifestos, blog postings, and emails of these killers after their evil, their comments resemble much of what anti-theists say here. You especially. Sometimes it's eerily almost word for word.

But we know it's the same worldview as atheist here. They rail against God and Christianity, and spout the same atheists cliches you do. And very often, they self identify as atheist.

For example, your misspelling of he word "Christian" above is a common atheist mime, found often in the writings of loonies who shoot innocent children.

Err.... Bully. Do you own of have easy access to a gun? Just asking.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 11:36:33 PM
At 10/7/2015 10:15:53 PM, ethang5 wrote:

I'm sure you know, just thought the public should be informed. I agree with you it scary how poisonous secular athiest thinking has become. Majority of arguments, jargon and athiest cliches (reminiscent of bumper sticker) just push a person in a direction of real madness. For every gunman there is probably a hundred others who are just inconsistent in thier world view and just as flippant of human life.

It's not the mere rejection of God that makes athiest illogical, it's the very mindset built upon false tenets that have them viewing reality so backwards.

For as much as they fume on aboutaccepting things from authority they sure are eager to become that authority as a scientist or as a teacher. As the teacher they can spread such lies with impunity to the next generation.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 12:04:17 AM
At 10/7/2015 11:36:33 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

I'm sure you know, just thought the public should be informed. I agree with you it scary how poisonous secular athiest thinking has become. Majority of arguments, jargon and athiest cliches (reminiscent of bumper sticker) just push a person in a direction of real madness. For every gunman there is probably a hundred others who are just inconsistent in thier world view and just as flippant of human life.

It's not the mere rejection of God that makes athiest illogical, it's the very mindset built upon false tenets that have them viewing reality so backwards.

For as much as they fume on aboutaccepting things from authority they sure are eager to become that authority as a scientist or as a teacher. As the teacher they can spread such lies with impunity to the next generation.

But those pesky scientists and teachers have something to back up their authority, Proof.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 12:51:17 AM
At 10/8/2015 12:04:17 AM, desmac wrote:

But those pesky scientists and teachers have something to back up their authority, Proof.

No. I could tell you stories of what my kids brought home and what they said the teacher told them. I'm very happy my children are in the gifted program because that is one teacher in a hundred that actually is smart and knows logic.

She is an agnostic. She doesn't say stupid stuff like "what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed with out any." or any Russel teapot fantasies.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 12:58:14 AM
At 10/8/2015 12:51:17 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 10/8/2015 12:04:17 AM, desmac wrote:

No. I could tell you stories of what my kids brought home and what they said the teacher told them. I'm very happy my children are in the gifted program because that is one teacher in a hundred that actually is smart and knows logic.

She is an agnostic. She doesn't say stupid stuff like "what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed with out any." or any Russel teapot fantasies.

She sounds like a very good teacher. Your kids are very lucky.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 1:00:32 AM
At 10/7/2015 10:38:49 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 10/7/2015 8:10:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
<snipped for space>

Actually, when we read the facebook pages, the manifestos, blog postings, and emails of these killers after their evil, their comments resemble much of what anti-theists say here. You especially. Sometimes it's eerily almost word for word.

But we know it's the same worldview as atheist here. They rail against God and Christianity, and spout the same atheists cliches you do. And very often, they self identify as atheist.

For example, your misspelling of he word "Christian" above is a common atheist mime, found often in the writings of loonies who shoot innocent children.

Err.... Bully. Do you own of have easy access to a gun? Just asking.

Who woulda thunk it, you can't answer the question. What a pathetic little subhuman.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 2:58:23 AM
Where to start with this trainwreck of a topic.

The idiotic conflation of violence by an atheist with violence because of atheism?

The ridiculous idea that there is any kind of atheistic equivalent to the Confederate flag flying over a government building?

The pathetic attempt to force atheism onto these killers as a core motive?

The insinuation that mass shootings are some kind of problem with atheism, despite the number of similar crimes committed by Christians?

I think the stupid in the NR article and OP might be too overwhelming.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 4:33:27 AM
This post is absolutely sickening.

I am used to religious people trying to forward their own agenda here by lying, distorting, misrepresenting and otherwise engaging in a complete lack of any form of intellectual honest, but this is simply sickening.

You are forgetting the 9th commandment.

As a Christian, that should be important to you.

Even if this individual specifically targeted christians, and his motivations for his actions were purely because of his religious beliefs; the comments in this thread would still be some of the most dishonest, horrendous and vile it has been my misfortune to see.

This is a tragedy, people died.

They died because someone had a deep sense of social alienation built upon successive years of deep seated mental illness of some kind; who have easy and ready access to weapons that allow them to fulfill the overarching hatred they feel to the people they feel are the cause of all their problems.

Your confirmation bias, ignoring the incidents of Theists deliberately killing those of other religions, ignoring the fact that most of the stated motivations aren't anything to do with Atheism, ignoring the fact that many mass shootings and killings have carried been carried out by theists. Ignoring the fact that there are actually conflicting reports about the very thing you're stating, is abhorrent.

No, lack of belief in God does not cause people to commit mass shootings. And your vile attempts to try and spin the most tenuous of facts into a pattern that simply doesn't exist in the midst of a tragedy in which people died and families were shattered just so that you can feel better about your own beliefs by vilifying others, is simply shameful.

Human beings can do terrible things to one another in the right circumstances, regardless of faith. I could score cheap points by listing all the believing terrorists, mass shootings and killings motivated solely by religion, but I won't; because I know that religion or lack thereof is not the thing that causes people to kill people.

This is by any means I can describe the bottom of the barrel, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 6:49:58 AM
At 10/7/2015 10:21:11 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 10/6/2015 11:07:58 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Don't be reactionary IC. Anti-atheists go around trying to stamp out theism. They want it eliminated. They have said so on this board. I know of no theist who wants to forbid atheism. I know of no theist who has shot up atheists in mass BECAUSE they were atheists.

Think man.

You have never heard of any theist ever who has or has advocated that atheism be eliminated ? really ?

Your right cause it's like unheard of for some religious THEISTIC zealot to support an act of violence against such blasphemy like claiming or arguing there is no God I mean like that would ever happen............even in todays age........

You just can't make up reality to suit your agenda f*cker. Stop being so...............christian.

But who cares ? i used the exact same reasoning that you used, but why admit maybe just f*cking maybe you might have flawed reasoning when you can just make sh*t up to get around it.

Intellectual honestly, Ethan, is it too much to ask of you ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 7:00:17 PM

It is amazing how comprehensively wrong they are. Pick ANY issue, and they are on the wrong (immoral) side of it. Capitol punishment? They are on the side of the criminal and against the victim. Abortion? They are on the side of the murder and against defenseless babies. Drug abuse? They are on the side of of the abuser and against the authorities. Welfare, they are on the side of the deadbeat and against hard working men and women. It goes on and on. Selfish irrational thinking.

And it will never occur to them that it is their self-absorbed irrational world-view fueling the mass shooting horrors we see now playing out in our schools.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 7:11:04 PM
At 10/8/2015 2:58:23 AM, Burzmali wrote:
Where to start with this trainwreck of a topic.

The idiotic conflation of violence by an atheist with violence because of atheism?

It is not simply violence by an atheist. It is violence by atheists specifically against theists.

The ridiculous idea that there is any kind of atheistic equivalent to the Confederate flag flying over a government building?

The words of the mass shooters themselves contradict you. Why would a mass killer need to know the religion of his victims?

The pathetic attempt to force atheism onto these killers as a core motive?

Every one of them were atheists and wallowed in atheist culture, quoted from atheist websites, referenced atheist literature, and castigated theism. Sorry, I find being obtuse to anti-logical, so you will have to pretend to be obtuse alone.

The insinuation that mass shootings are some kind of problem with atheism, despite the number of similar crimes committed by Christians?

How many Christians can you name who went around with a gun seeking out atheists simply because they were atheists?

I think the stupid in the NR article and OP might be too overwhelming.

That is your out to dodge the questions here, not support your comments, and continue to pretend to be obtuse. Cheers.