Total Posts:150|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Infallible Interpretations

tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2015 11:43:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I would like to apologize for seemingly abandoning this forum for a few weeks. My course load is rather heavy, so I have been reluctant to invest time into the forum. However, I bit the bullet!

Now, this is a question I have been wanting to ask Christians recently. What do you think of an infallible interpretation? I ask this because sects such as Catholicism, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc claim to have the one true religion/church. Do you think there can be a favored organization in God's eyes? Do you think one organization holds the "truth"?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 2:59:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/7/2015 11:43:40 PM, tstor wrote:
I would like to apologize for seemingly abandoning this forum for a few weeks. My course load is rather heavy, so I have been reluctant to invest time into the forum. However, I bit the bullet!

Now, this is a question I have been wanting to ask Christians recently. What do you think of an infallible interpretation? I ask this because sects such as Catholicism, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc claim to have the one true religion/church. Do you think there can be a favored organization in God's eyes? Do you think one organization holds the "truth"?

As a Catholic I do believe that it is necessary to have an infallible authority. If fact this was his guarantee. His guarantee was that the Holy Spirit would lead the Church in all truth.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 4:17:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/7/2015 11:43:40 PM, tstor wrote:
I would like to apologize for seemingly abandoning this forum for a few weeks. My course load is rather heavy, so I have been reluctant to invest time into the forum. However, I bit the bullet!

Now, this is a question I have been wanting to ask Christians recently. What do you think of an infallible interpretation? I ask this because sects such as Catholicism, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc claim to have the one true religion/church. Do you think there can be a favored organization in God's eyes? Do you think one organization holds the "truth"?

Mankind is fallible.

"Truth" is what is consistent with reality.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 11:00:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/8/2015 2:59:31 AM, Geogeer wrote:

As a Catholic I do believe that it is necessary to have an infallible authority. If fact this was his guarantee. His guarantee was that the Holy Spirit would lead the Church in all truth.
Is truth not the Bible? The way I see it, the Bible is the infallible truth while the interpretations are fallible. I do not believe that anyone holds a 100% accurate interpretation of the Bible, so I do not think that one can really be "more correct" than another.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 11:00:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/8/2015 4:17:43 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Mankind is fallible.

"Truth" is what is consistent with reality.
I agree, both the Bible and nature are infallible. It is our interpretation of those two things that are not.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 11:43:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/8/2015 11:00:42 AM, tstor wrote:
At 10/8/2015 4:17:43 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Mankind is fallible.

"Truth" is what is consistent with reality.
I agree, both the Bible and nature are infallible. It is our interpretation of those two things that are not.

The infallible Word of God is not the Bible. It's Jesus.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 12:57:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/8/2015 4:17:43 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 10/7/2015 11:43:40 PM, tstor wrote:
I would like to apologize for seemingly abandoning this forum for a few weeks. My course load is rather heavy, so I have been reluctant to invest time into the forum. However, I bit the bullet!

Now, this is a question I have been wanting to ask Christians recently. What do you think of an infallible interpretation? I ask this because sects such as Catholicism, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc claim to have the one true religion/church. Do you think there can be a favored organization in God's eyes? Do you think one organization holds the "truth"?

Mankind is fallible.

"Truth" is what is consistent with reality.

Ergo no gods.
Ergo no afterlife.
Ergo religions are fantasy.

"Truth" is what is consistent with reality.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 3:56:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/7/2015 11:43:40 PM, tstor wrote:
Do you think one organization holds the "truth"?

I think Bible holds the truth. Every organization that remain sin Bible words may also then hold the truth, if they are loyal to Bible.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 8:15:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/8/2015 11:43:12 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

The infallible Word of God is not the Bible. It's Jesus.
That is a fair charge. I disagree, but I can see where you get that from.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Geogeer
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 11:52:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/8/2015 11:00:07 AM, tstor wrote:
At 10/8/2015 2:59:31 AM, Geogeer wrote:

As a Catholic I do believe that it is necessary to have an infallible authority. If fact this was his guarantee. His guarantee was that the Holy Spirit would lead the Church in all truth.

Is truth not the Bible? The way I see it, the Bible is the infallible truth while the interpretations are fallible. I do not believe that anyone holds a 100% accurate interpretation of the Bible, so I do not think that one can really be "more correct" than another.

Who said the Bible is the Bible? What special authority did they have to make this pronouncement? Why do you believe them?

Did Jesus leave a book, or a command to write a book? Or did he leave men with his authority?

Did Jesus promise us the Holy Spirit that would guide us in all truth, or did he just give us a two thumbs up and say good luck in figuring it all out?

I would argue that your stance is not compatible with Christianity. Jesus left us a Church with his authority with Peter as its head and protected by the Holy Spirit from teaching error. That is the only way you can rely on the bible and understand how it is to be interpreted and lived.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 12:06:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/7/2015 11:43:40 PM, tstor wrote:
I would like to apologize for seemingly abandoning this forum for a few weeks. My course load is rather heavy, so I have been reluctant to invest time into the forum. However, I bit the bullet!

Now, this is a question I have been wanting to ask Christians recently. What do you think of an infallible interpretation? I ask this because sects such as Catholicism, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc claim to have the one true religion/church. Do you think there can be a favored organization in God's eyes? Do you think one organization holds the "truth"?

while i'm not convinced any given denomination has the complete truth and understanding of the bible, I do believe many groups who would call themselves Christians are clearly wrong in their beliefs, the jw's and mormons leap to mind...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 3:03:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/8/2015 11:43:12 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 10/8/2015 11:00:42 AM, tstor wrote:
At 10/8/2015 4:17:43 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Mankind is fallible.

"Truth" is what is consistent with reality.
I agree, both the Bible and nature are infallible. It is our interpretation of those two things that are not.

The infallible Word of God is not the Bible. It's Jesus.

So, where do we find the Word of Jesus, Mhykiel? Marvel comic books? Lord of the Rings trilogy? Star Wars?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 7:28:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 11:52:27 AM, Geogeer wrote:

Who said the Bible is the Bible? What special authority did they have to make this pronouncement? Why do you believe them?

Did Jesus leave a book, or a command to write a book? Or did he leave men with his authority?
You raise a good point and I have read a few papers and books on compiling the Bible. There seems to be a disagreement between protestants, Catholics, and Eastern Orthodox Christians when it comes to determining which books are in and which are out. I believe that you can use however many you want so long as it strengthens your faith and devotion to God.

Did Jesus promise us the Holy Spirit that would guide us in all truth, or did he just give us a two thumbs up and say good luck in figuring it all out?
We will be guided to truth. I believe that there are three ultimate truths:
1) the Bible
2) God
3) Christ

The nature of those three things can vary from person to person, but as long as they accept those truths then I see no problem.

I would argue that your stance is not compatible with Christianity. Jesus left us a Church with his authority with Peter as its head and protected by the Holy Spirit from teaching error. That is the only way you can rely on the bible and understand how it is to be interpreted and lived.
Which church is that? Catholics, JWs, Eastern Orthodox, Mormons, etc. all think they have the true church. Which is correct and how do you know?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 7:28:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 12:06:14 PM, graceofgod wrote:

while i'm not convinced any given denomination has the complete truth and understanding of the bible, I do believe many groups who would call themselves Christians are clearly wrong in their beliefs, the jw's and mormons leap to mind...
I would have to disagree. If I was going to put a wager on it, both Mormons and JWs are righteous in the eyes of God.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
graceofgod
Posts: 5,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 8:53:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 7:28:35 PM, tstor wrote:
At 10/10/2015 12:06:14 PM, graceofgod wrote:

while i'm not convinced any given denomination has the complete truth and understanding of the bible, I do believe many groups who would call themselves Christians are clearly wrong in their beliefs, the jw's and mormons leap to mind...
I would have to disagree. If I was going to put a wager on it, both Mormons and JWs are righteous in the eyes of God.

i seriously doubt it, the jw's deny Jesus is the son of God.... and the mormons think Jesus was made by God having sex with mary, neither of which fit well with scripture...
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2015 3:30:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 8:53:19 PM, graceofgod wrote:

i seriously doubt it, the jw's deny Jesus is the son of God.... and the mormons think Jesus was made by God having sex with mary, neither of which fit well with scripture...
JWs do not deny Christ being the son of God. As for the Mormon stance, it is not contradicting scripture either.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
graceofgod
Posts: 5,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 2:00:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/11/2015 3:30:37 AM, tstor wrote:
At 10/10/2015 8:53:19 PM, graceofgod wrote:

i seriously doubt it, the jw's deny Jesus is the son of God.... and the mormons think Jesus was made by God having sex with mary, neither of which fit well with scripture...
JWs do not deny Christ being the son of God. As for the Mormon stance, it is not contradicting scripture either.

the jw's claim Jesus is actually the arch angel michael...
yes it does contradict scripture and when you add the mormon need for being married in a mormon temple and trusting on joseph smith for salvation things go down hill from there on in...
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 2:22:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/7/2015 11:43:40 PM, tstor wrote:
I would like to apologize for seemingly abandoning this forum for a few weeks. My course load is rather heavy, so I have been reluctant to invest time into the forum. However, I bit the bullet!

Now, this is a question I have been wanting to ask Christians recently. What do you think of an infallible interpretation? I ask this because sects such as Catholicism, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc claim to have the one true religion/church. Do you think there can be a favored organization in God's eyes? Do you think one organization holds the "truth"?

No
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 7:15:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/12/2015 2:00:20 PM, graceofgod wrote:

the jw's claim Jesus is actually the arch angel michael...
I also claim that. However, that does not mean a JW does not believe Jesus is the Son of God.

yes it does contradict scripture and when you add the mormon need for being married in a mormon temple and trusting on joseph smith for salvation things go down hill from there on in...
Those do not inherently contradict the ultimate truths:
1) the Bible
2) God
3) Christ
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
graceofgod
Posts: 5,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 9:56:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/12/2015 7:15:09 PM, tstor wrote:
At 10/12/2015 2:00:20 PM, graceofgod wrote:

the jw's claim Jesus is actually the arch angel michael...
I also claim that. However, that does not mean a JW does not believe Jesus is the Son of God.
it means an angel created everything, it means Jesus was not the son of God...

yes it does contradict scripture and when you add the mormon need for being married in a mormon temple and trusting on joseph smith for salvation things go down hill from there on in...
Those do not inherently contradict the ultimate truths:
1) the Bible
2) God
3) Christ
the ultimate truth that you can only be saved if you marry in a mormon temple, find that in scripture..
the ultimate truth that god was a man before he was God, find that in scripture..

the ultimate truth that a counsel of gods decided the fate of the earth, find that in scripture...
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2015 11:06:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/12/2015 9:56:43 PM, graceofgod wrote:

I also claim that. However, that does not mean a JW does not believe Jesus is the Son of God.
it means an angel created everything, it means Jesus was not the son of God...
Yes, it does mean that God created everything through Christ. Why do you say an an angel cannot be the Son of God?

the ultimate truth that you can only be saved if you marry in a mormon temple, find that in scripture..
the ultimate truth that god was a man before he was God, find that in scripture..

the ultimate truth that a counsel of gods decided the fate of the earth, find that in scripture...
Do you really think those trivial differences are what matter?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
graceofgod
Posts: 5,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 9:05:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/12/2015 11:06:53 PM, tstor wrote:
At 10/12/2015 9:56:43 PM, graceofgod wrote:

I also claim that. However, that does not mean a JW does not believe Jesus is the Son of God.
it means an angel created everything, it means Jesus was not the son of God...
Yes, it does mean that God created everything through Christ. Why do you say an an angel cannot be the Son of God?
King James Bible
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? scripture says so...

the ultimate truth that you can only be saved if you marry in a mormon temple, find that in scripture..
the ultimate truth that god was a man before he was God, find that in scripture..

the ultimate truth that a counsel of gods decided the fate of the earth, find that in scripture...
Do you really think those trivial differences are what matter?

trivial differences..

they alter salvation...

you think god being a man before he was god is trivial...

you think mormons believing in multiple gods is trivial...
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 10:51:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 9:05:47 AM, graceofgod wrote:

King James Bible
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? scripture says so...
The answer to the question was Jesus, not none.

Do you really think those trivial differences are what matter?

trivial differences..

they alter salvation...

you think god being a man before he was god is trivial...

you think mormons believing in multiple gods is trivial...
Absolutely trivial. They follow the Bible based on their own interpretation, they define the nature of God based on their own interpretation, and they know the nature of Christ based on their own interpretation. If God cares about our interpretation, then we are all in big trouble.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 11:59:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/7/2015 11:43:40 PM, tstor wrote:
I would like to apologize for seemingly abandoning this forum for a few weeks. My course load is rather heavy, so I have been reluctant to invest time into the forum. However, I bit the bullet!

No worries.


Now, this is a question I have been wanting to ask Christians recently. What do you think of an infallible interpretation? I ask this because sects such as Catholicism, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc claim to have the one true religion/church. Do you think there can be a favored organization in God's eyes? Do you think one organization holds the "truth"?

Jehovah has always worked though one group or organisation, or where absolutely necessary just one person or family.

Biblical history makes that very clear.

Certainly at the start it was one person or family, for instance, Enoch, Noah and Abraham.

Then, Jehovah purpose to bring on a whole nation as his own people, and from Abraham he developed Israel.

The remained his sole people until they proved too unfaithful to be allowed to have his favour, hence Israel was allowed to break into two, the Ten Tribe Kingdom of Israel, and the tribes of Benjamin and Judah which amalgamated to become simply Judah.

Whilst Israel was allowed to go into captivity to Assyria, and vanish off the face of the earth as far as history goes, Judah was nurtured and protected for no other reason than that they were to be the tribe through whom the promised Messiah came.

When he arrived, in the form of Jehovah's only begotten son incarnate, he gathered a faithful remnant back to his father's worship, mostly from Judah, and trained his disciples to gather in more.

After his resurrection and ascension, the Apostles, the 11 faithful specially chosen ones, plus Paul, continued gathering in more followers, again firstly from Judah, then from Samaria, which contained a rather watered down Israel, and finally from the Gentile nations.

However, this group was bound to a unity of teaching, any who disagreed with that teachign were to present their disagreement, through the Apostles to the "Apostles and Older men in Jerusalem, who would decide on the matter, and issue decrees to all Congregations so that they could all continue to worship in total harmony.

Such unity of teaching was not an option, it was to be adhered to 100%, and decisions of the Apostles and Older men in Jerusalem were final, and could only be changed by further decrees from that body of men. Thus unity such as Christ prayed for, and the Apostles insisted on could be maintained.

John 17:11
ASV(i) 11 And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are.

In his teachings, Jesus never deviated for one moment from what is father taught him, and he prayed that his followers would be exactly the same.

1 Corinthians 1:10
ASV(i) 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfected together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

The Apostles enforced the same unity, casting all who refused to accept the direction of the Apostles and Older men in Jerusalem out of their midst.

Is there a group that adheres to these practices today?

Yes there is, and only one group, the JWs.

As to the title of your topic, there is no such thing as a completely infallible interpretation. However those who trust in Jehovah, and allow themselves to be guided by his channel get the next best thing, and trust that any errors will be corrected, in Jehovah's own time, through the modern day Governing Body, the equivalent of the Apostles and Older Men in Jerusalem.

Even though I am disfellowshipped I can support their efforts whole heartedly, partly because to turn my back on them would be the same as turning my back on the God I love and serve, and his only begotten son, Christ.

Whilst the JWs do insist on the same unity of teaching that the 1st century followers of Christ, known amongst themselves as "The Israel of God" and to outsiders as "Christians" they do not expect any to simply take their word for it.

To that end they provide numerous scriptural references for all of their teachings and expect all to check up on what they have been taught, in personal study at home, just as the Beroeans were commended for doing (Acts 17:10,11)

They are continually reminded also that not all "inspired utterances" can be trusted, and that all should be carefully tested, against scripture, to ensure that they really do originate with Jehovah. (1 John 4:1).

Go to http://www.jw.org..., and "interrogate" their literature to your hearts content to "see if it really is so". There is no charge, no registration, and you can either read, listen to, or in the case of the videos watch online, or download the information in a variety of formats for study at your leisure.

Then you can make an informed decision.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 1:03:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 11:59:33 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/7/2015 11:43:40 PM, tstor wrote:
I would like to apologize for seemingly abandoning this forum for a few weeks. My course load is rather heavy, so I have been reluctant to invest time into the forum. However, I bit the bullet!

No worries.


Now, this is a question I have been wanting to ask Christians recently. What do you think of an infallible interpretation? I ask this because sects such as Catholicism, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc claim to have the one true religion/church. Do you think there can be a favored organization in God's eyes? Do you think one organization holds the "truth"?

Jehovah has always worked though one group or organisation, or where absolutely necessary just one person or family.

Biblical history makes that very clear.

Certainly at the start it was one person or family, for instance, Enoch, Noah and Abraham.

Then, Jehovah purpose to bring on a whole nation as his own people, and from Abraham he developed Israel.

The remained his sole people until they proved too unfaithful to be allowed to have his favour, hence Israel was allowed to break into two, the Ten Tribe Kingdom of Israel, and the tribes of Benjamin and Judah which amalgamated to become simply Judah.

Whilst Israel was allowed to go into captivity to Assyria, and vanish off the face of the earth as far as history goes, Judah was nurtured and protected for no other reason than that they were to be the tribe through whom the promised Messiah came.

When he arrived, in the form of Jehovah's only begotten son incarnate, he gathered a faithful remnant back to his father's worship, mostly from Judah, and trained his disciples to gather in more.

After his resurrection and ascension, the Apostles, the 11 faithful specially chosen ones, plus Paul, continued gathering in more followers, again firstly from Judah, then from Samaria, which contained a rather watered down Israel, and finally from the Gentile nations.

However, this group was bound to a unity of teaching, any who disagreed with that teachign were to present their disagreement, through the Apostles to the "Apostles and Older men in Jerusalem, who would decide on the matter, and issue decrees to all Congregations so that they could all continue to worship in total harmony.

Such unity of teaching was not an option, it was to be adhered to 100%, and decisions of the Apostles and Older men in Jerusalem were final, and could only be changed by further decrees from that body of men. Thus unity such as Christ prayed for, and the Apostles insisted on could be maintained.

John 17:11
ASV(i) 11 And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are.

In his teachings, Jesus never deviated for one moment from what is father taught him, and he prayed that his followers would be exactly the same.

1 Corinthians 1:10
ASV(i) 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfected together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

The Apostles enforced the same unity, casting all who refused to accept the direction of the Apostles and Older men in Jerusalem out of their midst.

Is there a group that adheres to these practices today?

Yes there is, and only one group, the JWs.

As to the title of your topic, there is no such thing as a completely infallible interpretation. However those who trust in Jehovah, and allow themselves to be guided by his channel get the next best thing, and trust that any errors will be corrected, in Jehovah's own time, through the modern day Governing Body, the equivalent of the Apostles and Older Men in Jerusalem.

Even though I am disfellowshipped I can support their efforts whole heartedly, partly because to turn my back on them would be the same as turning my back on the God I love and serve, and his only begotten son, Christ.

Whilst the JWs do insist on the same unity of teaching that the 1st century followers of Christ, known amongst themselves as "The Israel of God" and to outsiders as "Christians" they do not expect any to simply take their word for it.

To that end they provide numerous scriptural references for all of their teachings and expect all to check up on what they have been taught, in personal study at home, just as the Beroeans were commended for doing (Acts 17:10,11)

They are continually reminded also that not all "inspired utterances" can be trusted, and that all should be carefully tested, against scripture, to ensure that they really do originate with Jehovah. (1 John 4:1).

Go to http://www.jw.org..., and "interrogate" their literature to your hearts content to "see if it really is so". There is no charge, no registration, and you can either read, listen to, or in the case of the videos watch online, or download the information in a variety of formats for study at your leisure.

Then you can make an informed decision.

What madman is trying to say is that Jesus was not sacrificed for the redemption of mankind, it was Michael who was pretend sacrificed for the salvation of the jehovians who would be invented in 1870yrs.
So saith the bible.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
graceofgod
Posts: 5,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 4:26:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 10:51:45 AM, tstor wrote:
At 10/13/2015 9:05:47 AM, graceofgod wrote:

King James Bible
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? scripture says so...
The answer to the question was Jesus, not none.
beause Jesus was not an angel, he was not michael..


Do you really think those trivial differences are what matter?

trivial differences..

they alter salvation...

you think god being a man before he was god is trivial...

you think mormons believing in multiple gods is trivial...
Absolutely trivial. They follow the Bible based on their own interpretation, they define the nature of God based on their own interpretation, and they know the nature of Christ based on their own interpretation. If God cares about our interpretation, then we are all in big trouble.

they do not follow the bible, they follow their own doctrines, they are not Christians...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 5:25:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 4:26:05 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 10/13/2015 10:51:45 AM, tstor wrote:
At 10/13/2015 9:05:47 AM, graceofgod wrote:

King James Bible
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? scripture says so...
The answer to the question was Jesus, not none.
beause Jesus was not an angel, he was not michael..

No, but the one who became incarnate b occupying his body was the Archangel, and was indeed Michael.




Absolutely trivial. They follow the Bible based on their own interpretation, they define the nature of God based on their own interpretation, and they know the nature of Christ based on their own interpretation. If God cares about our interpretation, then we are all in big trouble.

they do not follow the bible, they follow their own doctrines, they are not Christians...

If that is referring to the JWs it is wrong.

They define scripture according to scripture.

They define the nature of God, according to scripture.

They define the nature of God's only begotten son according to scripture.

Whether you consider them to be Christian or not is up to you.

They are the servants of Christ on this earth, and the only ones doing God's will. Matthew 7:21-23.

That means they will be the only ones that Christ will recognise.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 5:33:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 1:03:13 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/13/2015 11:59:33 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Then you can make an informed decision.

What madman is trying to say is that Jesus was not sacrificed for the redemption of mankind, it was Michael who was pretend sacrificed for the salvation of the jehovians who would be invented in 1870yrs.
So saith the bible.

I am not trying to say anything, least of all what you wish to think I am trying to say.

Your interpretation of what scripture says makes no sense at all.

The simple fact of scripture is that Jehovah's only begotten son, who was the Archangel Michael, became incarnate, by taking over the body of Jesus and thus became the Christ.

His sacrifice made it possible for Jehovah to resurrect the dead when the time is right, and to bring us all back to the state of holiness enjoyed by Adam and Eve.

Since "Christianity" proved as unfaithful as Israel had, it was necessary for Jehovah to call a new group of faithful servants to his son's side in order to gather in the last of the elect who are to serve with Christ as Kings and Priests in heaven.

It was also necessary for the warning of what is to come, when the earth and humanity are cleansed at Armageddon, before it happens in order to give those who wish to take it a way out.

Had Christianity remained faithful there would have been no need for another group to be raised up, but it was so they were. They are now known as Jehovah's Witnesses because, like Christ before them, they bear witness to what God has done and will do.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 5:40:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 11:59:33 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Jehovah has always worked though one group or organisation, or where absolutely necessary just one person or family.
And for 1870yrs that was.................................................................?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 8:22:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/13/2015 4:26:05 PM, graceofgod wrote:

they do not follow the bible, they follow their own doctrines, they are not Christians...
They follow the Bible and have their own interpretations of it. Similar to how you and I have different interpretations.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)