Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 8:46:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Rastafarianism. I want your opinions.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 8:50:42 PM
Said colt 45 and two zigzags baby thats all we need
We can go to the park, after dark
Smoke that tumbleweed
As the marijuana burn we can take our turn
Singin' them dirty rap songs
Stop and hit the bong like cheech and chong
And sell tapes from here to Hong Kong
So roll, roll, roll my joint, pick out the seeds and stems
Feeling high as hell flyin' through Palmdale
Skatin' on dayton rims
So roll, roll, the '83 Cadillac coupe Deville
If my tapes and my CDs just don't sell, I bet my caddy will
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 8:53:22 PM
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in the colander, Swallowed be thy sauce. Thy serving come, Thy strands be wrung, On forks as they are on spoons. Give us this day our garlic bread, And forgive us our starchiness, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss, And lead us not into Kraft parmessan, But deliver us from Chef Boy-Ar-Dee, For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. R'Amen.
I miss the old members.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2010 9:11:57 PM
At 9/17/2010 8:53:22 PM, Atheism wrote:
Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in the colander, Swallowed be thy sauce. Thy serving come, Thy strands be wrung, On forks as they are on spoons. Give us this day our garlic bread, And forgive us our starchiness, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss, And lead us not into Kraft parmessan, But deliver us from Chef Boy-Ar-Dee, For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. R'Amen.

Lol and Atheism wins this thread.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2010 4:01:46 AM

Er... He said rasta, not pasta lol
Nice prayer though.

Although far from an expert on this subject, I do know a few rastas and have taken an interest in learning more about it. The following is merely my moderately informed interpretation rather than definitive fact.

Rastafarianism is perhaps better described as a philosophy than a religion as unlike most organised religions, there are no churches, temples or official leaders.

It originates in Jamaica although there is a strong connection with Ethiopia, as there are links with the Ethiopian Coptic Christian Church and most rastas identify former emperor of Ethiopia: Haille Sellasie III (birth name: Ras Tafari) as the messiah.

Even more important though is Pan-Africanism and particularly Garveyism (Marcus Garvey), you need to understand this to understand Rasta.
The significant thing about Sellasie to the first rastas was that he was the only black leader of an independent African nation at a time when colonialism was the norm.

Rastas make a connection between the Old Testament Children Of Israel (and especially the periods of exile in Egypt and Babylonia) and the forced migration of African slaves to the Caribbean. Some rastas use this as an analogy while some take it literally, and believe that Africans are God's chosen people.

Although Rasta is a very personal belief system with individuals essentially deciding what they choose to believe, there are two main branches: Nyabingi Rastafarianism which is quite anti-White and Twelve Tribes Rastafarianism which is more inclusive.

Rastas love etymology and the way words can be pronounced differently to alter their meaning. This is often very witty as well as socially relevant, one obvious example would be when rastas talk about the politricks of the sh!tstem.

Contrary to popular opinion you don't need to smoke weed or have dreadlocks to be a rasta. Marijuana usage is more of a social ritual and an aid to meditation rather than an article of faith and there are many rastas who don't locks up as well as many non-rastas (black and white) who have dreadlocks as a fashion statement rather than a symbol of their beliefs.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2010 1:16:16 PM
At 9/18/2010 4:01:46 AM, feverish wrote:

Er... He said rasta, not pasta lol
Nice prayer though.
His Noodly Goodness must be propagated throughout every religion, and one that is so close in name to his must be targeted first.
R'Amen.
I miss the old members.