Jump to topic:

Atheist Version of How Life Began on Earth

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 1:37:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 1:06:47 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
Explain to me how life began. Creationism is "stupid", so tell me how it all began.

Good, you finally asked a somewhat respectful question. The definitive answer is not yet known (science has no claim to absolute knowledge unlike the arrogance of theology) but there are a number of promising hypotheses. Here, read for yourself:

You bragged elsewhere that you were science literate, so we have to assume you would be familiar with this work. That begs the question of why this thread? Obviously you wanted exactly this kind of reply so you could get on your soapbox with a canned response. Let me get out my crystal ball and predict your expected childish reaction.

"Science doesn't know the answer, they only have guesses."

"Look, science can't decide which model is correct, what use is science?"

Etcetera and so forth. Blah blah blah.

I know that if I had to choose between someone telling me something was feasible (with successful experiments showing the production of many of the basic building blocks of life) but we just honestly don't know the exact mechanism and pathway yet, and someone else telling me that they definitely know the answer (it's in a book written by bronze age primitives) but the answer turns out to be errant nonsense when compared with the evidence from nature, I know which one I would opt for.