Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Christianity - To Believe Or Not To Believe

emma_emezie
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 1:56:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For over two decades, I have been engaged in study and investigations into the spiritual aspect of life. During this time, I made some important discoveries about the Bible and the teachings of Jesus Christ. I believe some of my findings will be of interest to believers and unbelievers alike.

While the Bible may be inaccurate in some respects, the spiritual principles taught by Jesus Christ are as valid as Newton"s Laws of Motion. Human beings were created six thousand years ago, according to the Bible. But scientists say we evolved over millions of years. Whichever side is right, it does not detract from the validity of Jesus" teachings. His teachings on the right way to live life hold true. And this is so whether or not he is the son of God, whether or not God raised him from the dead or whether or not we confess him as our lord and savior.

Fulfilling our desires, goals and aspirations is of the utmost importance to human beings. I will present the teachings of Jesus Christ on the important issue of success in our pursuits. I will then provide independent sources that confirm that these teachings are true.

He taught that if we employ faith and the power of belief, nothing can stop us from achieving success in our endeavors.

Jesus' Teaching:-

"Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be taken up and cast into the sea", and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer believe that you have received it, and it will be yours".

Independent Confirmation:-

In order to obtain material for his best-selling book, Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill interviewed 500 of the wealthiest Americans in his time. He wanted to discover what it takes to amass a vast fortune. Here is one of the discoveries he made. As he put it, "Whatever a man can conceive and believe, he can achieve". This statement bears testimony to the fact that there is no limit to what we can achieve through the power of belief.

Most people, at one time or another, may have experienced the situation I am about to describe. You have just gone through a bad situation and you are upset. Then someone says or does something annoying and you flare up and respond harshly. What this person said or did is something you would ordinarily have overlooked but on this occasion you fly into a temper. Why did this happen? Here is why.

We are creative beings and the human mind is a creative device such that mental conditions tend to spontaneously manifest as observable phenomena. Any condition, image or vision we hold on to in the mind is bound to translate into physical reality at some point in time. This is a natural creative process - a process that produces the awesome power of belief. The power of belief is a creative tool we can use to establish any condition or thing we desire.


Jesus Christ also taught that we will surely succeed if we persevere in the pursuit of a goal.

Jesus' Teaching:-

And he said to them, "Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and say to him "Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him"; and he will answer from within, "Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are now with me in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything"? I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him what he needs. And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds and to him who knocks it will be opened".

Independent Confirmation:-

It is said that, "If at first you don"t succeed, try and try again". Experience has also taught us that, "Where there is a will, there is a way". These sayings are acknowledgements that perseverance and determination can turn things around.

Thomas Edison, inventor of the electric bulb, demonstrated the power of perseverance in his work. He is arguably America"s greatest inventor " he patented over 1,000 inventions. In trying to discover the right way to make an electric bulb, he performed close to 10,000 experiments. Each time a particular experiment failed to produce the desired result, he tried a different one. In the end, his persistence yielded the incandescent electric bulb.

It is reported that once the question was put to Edison, "How are you able to accomplish the things you do? You must be a genius". "No", he replied, "I"m not a genius. I just have the ability to apply my mental and physical energies to a problem without growing weary until I arrive at the solution". This means that it does not matter the nature of the difficulties facing us or how many times we have tried and failed, we are guaranteed to succeed if we persevere.


To obtain those things we desire, Jesus taught us the principle of giving in order to receive.

Jesus' Teaching:-

"Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven. Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you".

Independent Confirmation:-

Consider the saying, "One good turn deserves another", and the expression, "Pay a man back in his own coin". They show that in our dealings with others, the nature of what we give is the same as the nature of what we get back.

The scriptures were written thousands of years ago. They were written in an age when superstition and ignorance were rife. Naturally, some of the superstitions and misconceptions of the time crept into the writings. However, unbelievers should not throw the whole of the scriptures overboard. What needs to be done is separate the wheat from the chaff. Otherwise they run the risk of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

And to the believers, here is what I have to say. Your insistence that the Bible is true and correct in every respect, in spite of evidence to the contrary, does not help matters. In fact, this is why the teachings of Jesus Christ have not been universally accepted. Today, church attendance is dwindling and Christianity is being pushed back in countries where the gospel has been preached for hundreds of years. Wisdom demands that you rethink your position.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 2:28:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 1:56:15 PM, emma_emezie wrote:
For over two decades, I have been engaged in study and investigations into the spiritual aspect of life. During this time, I made some important discoveries about the Bible and the teachings of Jesus Christ. I believe some of my findings will be of interest to believers and unbelievers alike.

While the Bible may be inaccurate in some respects, the spiritual principles taught by Jesus Christ are as valid as Newton"s Laws of Motion. Human beings were created six thousand years ago, according to the Bible. But scientists say we evolved over millions of years. Whichever side is right, it does not detract from the validity of Jesus" teachings. His teachings on the right way to live life hold true. And this is so whether or not he is the son of God, whether or not God raised him from the dead or whether or not we confess him as our lord and savior.

Fulfilling our desires, goals and aspirations is of the utmost importance to human beings. I will present the teachings of Jesus Christ on the important issue of success in our pursuits. I will then provide independent sources that confirm that these teachings are true.

He taught that if we employ faith and the power of belief, nothing can stop us from achieving success in our endeavors.

Jesus' Teaching:-

"Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be taken up and cast into the sea", and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer believe that you have received it, and it will be yours".

Independent Confirmation:-

In order to obtain material for his best-selling book, Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill interviewed 500 of the wealthiest Americans in his time. He wanted to discover what it takes to amass a vast fortune. Here is one of the discoveries he made. As he put it, "Whatever a man can conceive and believe, he can achieve". This statement bears testimony to the fact that there is no limit to what we can achieve through the power of belief.

Most people, at one time or another, may have experienced the situation I am about to describe. You have just gone through a bad situation and you are upset. Then someone says or does something annoying and you flare up and respond harshly. What this person said or did is something you would ordinarily have overlooked but on this occasion you fly into a temper. Why did this happen? Here is why.

We are creative beings and the human mind is a creative device such that mental conditions tend to spontaneously manifest as observable phenomena. Any condition, image or vision we hold on to in the mind is bound to translate into physical reality at some point in time. This is a natural creative process - a process that produces the awesome power of belief. The power of belief is a creative tool we can use to establish any condition or thing we desire.


Jesus Christ also taught that we will surely succeed if we persevere in the pursuit of a goal.

Jesus' Teaching:-

And he said to them, "Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and say to him "Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him"; and he will answer from within, "Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are now with me in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything"? I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him what he needs. And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds and to him who knocks it will be opened".

Independent Confirmation:-

It is said that, "If at first you don"t succeed, try and try again". Experience has also taught us that, "Where there is a will, there is a way". These sayings are acknowledgements that perseverance and determination can turn things around.

Thomas Edison, inventor of the electric bulb, demonstrated the power of perseverance in his work. He is arguably America"s greatest inventor " he patented over 1,000 inventions. In trying to discover the right way to make an electric bulb, he performed close to 10,000 experiments. Each time a particular experiment failed to produce the desired result, he tried a different one. In the end, his persistence yielded the incandescent electric bulb.

It is reported that once the question was put to Edison, "How are you able to accomplish the things you do? You must be a genius". "No", he replied, "I"m not a genius. I just have the ability to apply my mental and physical energies to a problem without growing weary until I arrive at the solution". This means that it does not matter the nature of the difficulties facing us or how many times we have tried and failed, we are guaranteed to succeed if we persevere.


To obtain those things we desire, Jesus taught us the principle of giving in order to receive.

Jesus' Teaching:-

"Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven. Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you".

Independent Confirmation:-

Consider the saying, "One good turn deserves another", and the expression, "Pay a man back in his own coin". They show that in our dealings with others, the nature of what we give is the same as the nature of what we get back.

The scriptures were written thousands of years ago. They were written in an age when superstition and ignorance were rife. Naturally, some of the superstitions and misconceptions of the time crept into the writings. However, unbelievers should not throw the whole of the scriptures overboard. What needs to be done is separate the wheat from the chaff. Otherwise they run the risk of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

And to the believers, here is what I have to say. Your insistence that the Bible is true and correct in every respect, in spite of evidence to the contrary, does not help matters. In fact, this is why the teachings of Jesus Christ have not been universally accepted. Today, church attendance is dwindling and Christianity is being pushed back in countries where the gospel has been preached for hundreds of years. Wisdom demands that you rethink your position.

If Jesus actually said any of the things attributed to him, yes some were quite wise and sensible. Although I would take issue with other things he said, and supposedly did. I don't believe Jesus was any sort of deity, just an imperfect human like the rest of us.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 2:45:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 1:56:15 PM, emma_emezie wrote:
For over two decades, I have been engaged in study and investigations into the spiritual aspect of life. During this time, I made some important discoveries about the Bible and the teachings of Jesus Christ. I believe some of my findings will be of interest to believers and unbelievers alike.

While the Bible may be inaccurate in some respects, the spiritual principles taught by Jesus Christ are as valid as Newton"s Laws of Motion.

So terribly sorry to read that you have wasted two decades of your life only to find that what you claim there is not true, you have my sympathies.

Human beings were created six thousand years ago, according to the Bible. But scientists say we evolved over millions of years. Whichever side is right, it does not detract from the validity of Jesus" teachings. His teachings on the right way to live life hold true. And this is so whether or not he is the son of God, whether or not God raised him from the dead or whether or not we confess him as our lord and savior.

What about if Jesus never existed?

Fulfilling our desires, goals and aspirations is of the utmost importance to human beings. I will present the teachings of Jesus Christ on the important issue of success in our pursuits. I will then provide independent sources that confirm that these teachings are true.

He taught that if we employ faith and the power of belief, nothing can stop us from achieving success in our endeavors.

Jesus' Teaching:-

"Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be taken up and cast into the sea", and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer believe that you have received it, and it will be yours".

Independent Confirmation:-

In order to obtain material for his best-selling book, Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill interviewed 500 of the wealthiest Americans in his time. He wanted to discover what it takes to amass a vast fortune. Here is one of the discoveries he made. As he put it, "Whatever a man can conceive and believe, he can achieve". This statement bears testimony to the fact that there is no limit to what we can achieve through the power of belief.

If that were true, why are there so many devout Christians who have achieved very little? Clearly, you're so called independent confirmation is not true, either.

Most people, at one time or another, may have experienced the situation I am about to describe. You have just gone through a bad situation and you are upset. Then someone says or does something annoying and you flare up and respond harshly. What this person said or did is something you would ordinarily have overlooked but on this occasion you fly into a temper. Why did this happen? Here is why.

We are creative beings and the human mind is a creative device such that mental conditions tend to spontaneously manifest as observable phenomena. Any condition, image or vision we hold on to in the mind is bound to translate into physical reality at some point in time. This is a natural creative process - a process that produces the awesome power of belief. The power of belief is a creative tool we can use to establish any condition or thing we desire.


Sorry, but that is not true, either. You may want to do some research on psychology and how the brain actually works.

Jesus Christ also taught that we will surely succeed if we persevere in the pursuit of a goal.

Jesus' Teaching:-

And he said to them, "Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and say to him "Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him"; and he will answer from within, "Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are now with me in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything"? I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him what he needs. And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds and to him who knocks it will be opened".

Independent Confirmation:-

It is said that, "If at first you don"t succeed, try and try again". Experience has also taught us that, "Where there is a will, there is a way". These sayings are acknowledgements that perseverance and determination can turn things around.

Again, not true based on the fact there are so many devout Christians who have very little and many non-believers who have succeeded.

Thomas Edison, inventor of the electric bulb, demonstrated the power of perseverance in his work. He is arguably America"s greatest inventor " he patented over 1,000 inventions. In trying to discover the right way to make an electric bulb, he performed close to 10,000 experiments. Each time a particular experiment failed to produce the desired result, he tried a different one. In the end, his persistence yielded the incandescent electric bulb.

It is reported that once the question was put to Edison, "How are you able to accomplish the things you do? You must be a genius". "No", he replied, "I"m not a genius. I just have the ability to apply my mental and physical energies to a problem without growing weary until I arrive at the solution". This means that it does not matter the nature of the difficulties facing us or how many times we have tried and failed, we are guaranteed to succeed if we persevere.


To obtain those things we desire, Jesus taught us the principle of giving in order to receive.

Jesus' Teaching:-

"Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven. Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you".

Sorry, but that has nothing to do with what Edison said.

Independent Confirmation:-

Consider the saying, "One good turn deserves another", and the expression, "Pay a man back in his own coin". They show that in our dealings with others, the nature of what we give is the same as the nature of what we get back.

It would appear that the teachings of Jesus are not required in light of those adages.

The scriptures were written thousands of years ago. They were written in an age when superstition and ignorance were rife. Naturally, some of the superstitions and misconceptions of the time crept into the writings.

Actually, many myths and superstitions are contained in Scriptures.

However, unbelievers should not throw the whole of the scriptures overboard. What needs to be done is separate the wheat from the chaff. Otherwise they run the risk of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

And yet, there is no baby in Scriptures, just murky, muddy waters.

And to the believers, here is what I have to say. Your insistence that the Bible is true and correct in every respect, in spite of evidence to the contrary, does not help matters. In fact, this is why the teachings of Jesus Christ have not been universally accepted.

That's not true, there are simply other religions in the world, some of them older than Christianity.

Today, church attendance is dwindling and Christianity is being pushed back in countries where the gospel has been preached for hundreds of years. Wisdom demands that you rethink your position.

No matter how many times people rethink their positions, it never precludes the fact the Bible is filled with myths and superstitions.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
One_Servant
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 5:05:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 1:56:15 PM, emma_emezie wrote:
For over two decades, I have been engaged in study and investigations into the spiritual aspect of life. During this time, I made some important discoveries about the Bible and the teachings of Jesus Christ. I believe some of my findings will be of interest to believers and unbelievers alike.

While the Bible may be inaccurate in some respects, the spiritual principles taught by Jesus Christ are as valid as Newton"s Laws of Motion. Human beings were created six thousand years ago, according to the Bible. But scientists say we evolved over millions of years. Whichever side is right, it does not detract from the validity of Jesus" teachings. His teachings on the right way to live life hold true. And this is so whether or not he is the son of God, whether or not God raised him from the dead or whether or not we confess him as our lord and savior.

Fulfilling our desires, goals and aspirations is of the utmost importance to human beings. I will present the teachings of Jesus Christ on the important issue of success in our pursuits. I will then provide independent sources that confirm that these teachings are true.

He taught that if we employ faith and the power of belief, nothing can stop us from achieving success in our endeavors.

Jesus' Teaching:-

"Have faith in God. Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, "Be taken up and cast into the sea", and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer believe that you have received it, and it will be yours".

Independent Confirmation:-

In order to obtain material for his best-selling book, Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill interviewed 500 of the wealthiest Americans in his time. He wanted to discover what it takes to amass a vast fortune. Here is one of the discoveries he made. As he put it, "Whatever a man can conceive and believe, he can achieve". This statement bears testimony to the fact that there is no limit to what we can achieve through the power of belief.

Most people, at one time or another, may have experienced the situation I am about to describe. You have just gone through a bad situation and you are upset. Then someone says or does something annoying and you flare up and respond harshly. What this person said or did is something you would ordinarily have overlooked but on this occasion you fly into a temper. Why did this happen? Here is why.

We are creative beings and the human mind is a creative device such that mental conditions tend to spontaneously manifest as observable phenomena. Any condition, image or vision we hold on to in the mind is bound to translate into physical reality at some point in time. This is a natural creative process - a process that produces the awesome power of belief. The power of belief is a creative tool we can use to establish any condition or thing we desire.


Jesus Christ also taught that we will surely succeed if we persevere in the pursuit of a goal.

Jesus' Teaching:-

And he said to them, "Which of you who has a friend will go to him at midnight and say to him "Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him"; and he will answer from within, "Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are now with me in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything"? I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him what he needs. And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds and to him who knocks it will be opened".

Independent Confirmation:-

It is said that, "If at first you don"t succeed, try and try again". Experience has also taught us that, "Where there is a will, there is a way". These sayings are acknowledgements that perseverance and determination can turn things around.

Thomas Edison, inventor of the electric bulb, demonstrated the power of perseverance in his work. He is arguably America"s greatest inventor " he patented over 1,000 inventions. In trying to discover the right way to make an electric bulb, he performed close to 10,000 experiments. Each time a particular experiment failed to produce the desired result, he tried a different one. In the end, his persistence yielded the incandescent electric bulb.

It is reported that once the question was put to Edison, "How are you able to accomplish the things you do? You must be a genius". "No", he replied, "I"m not a genius. I just have the ability to apply my mental and physical energies to a problem without growing weary until I arrive at the solution". This means that it does not matter the nature of the difficulties facing us or how many times we have tried and failed, we are guaranteed to succeed if we persevere.


To obtain those things we desire, Jesus taught us the principle of giving in order to receive.

Jesus' Teaching:-

"Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn and you will not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven. Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you".

Independent Confirmation:-

Consider the saying, "One good turn deserves another", and the expression, "Pay a man back in his own coin". They show that in our dealings with others, the nature of what we give is the same as the nature of what we get back.

The scriptures were written thousands of years ago. They were written in an age when superstition and ignorance were rife. Naturally, some of the superstitions and misconceptions of the time crept into the writings. However, unbelievers should not throw the whole of the scriptures overboard. What needs to be done is separate the wheat from the chaff. Otherwise they run the risk of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

And to the believers, here is what I have to say. Your insistence that the Bible is true and correct in every respect, in spite of evidence to the contrary, does not help matters. In fact, this is why the teachings of Jesus Christ have not been universally accepted. Today, church attendance is dwindling and Christianity is being pushed back in countries where the gospel has been preached for hundreds of years. Wisdom demands that you rethink your position. : :

Wealthy Christians got their wealth from adding lies in their new testament. The wealthy religious Jews were good at deceiving God's people, too.

If you want to learn what God has planned for His people, you need to listen to His voice and not your own interpretations of what you read in the new testament that has deceived every reader since it was produced by heathens who call themselves Christians.
One_Servant
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 5:29:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 5:22:33 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
Atheists don't care if Muslims believe as long as Christians do not believe. : :

Are you jealous of Muslims? If you are, that doesn't come from knowing and obeying the voice of God. That comes from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that Adam and Eve were deceived by.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 5:32:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 5:29:50 PM, One_Servant wrote:
At 10/10/2015 5:22:33 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
Atheists don't care if Muslims believe as long as Christians do not believe. : :

Are you jealous of Muslims? If you are, that doesn't come from knowing and obeying the voice of God. That comes from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that Adam and Eve were deceived by.

I used to be a Muslim. That is how I know how evil the ideology is. Wouldn't go back for a million dollars. (Reference taquiyya)
One_Servant
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2015 5:59:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/10/2015 5:32:27 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
At 10/10/2015 5:29:50 PM, One_Servant wrote:
At 10/10/2015 5:22:33 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
Atheists don't care if Muslims believe as long as Christians do not believe. : :

Are you jealous of Muslims? If you are, that doesn't come from knowing and obeying the voice of God. That comes from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that Adam and Eve were deceived by.

I used to be a Muslim. That is how I know how evil the ideology is. Wouldn't go back for a million dollars. (Reference taquiyya) : :

Your observations of this world deceive you of the Truth. If you knew the Truth, you wouldn't be concerned at all what is happening in this world. You would be at peace within yourself.