Jump to topic:

What will happen after you die?

GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 5:07:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1)What do you think will happen to you after you die?

2)Will your consciousness ever come back to consciousness in the "future"?
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 5:11:22 PM
My consciousness will fade as the neurons in my brain fail and the molecular structures that contain my memories degrade. That thing this is Me will cease to exist and it will never regenerate or return since it is the result of the almost unique circumstances of my life.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 5:12:21 PM
At 10/14/2015 5:07:20 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Judgement, then heaven (with a long stint in purgatory) or hell

Yes.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 5:58:12 PM

My body will decay.

Nope.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 9:00:14 PM
I believe in what the Bible says:
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." [NIV] (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

I believe so, yes. As Job 14:13-15 states:
"If only you would hide me in the grave
and conceal me till your anger has passed!
If only you would set me a time
and then remember me!

If someone dies, will they live again?
All the days of my hard service
I will wait for my renewal to come.

You will call and I will answer you;
you will long for the creature your hands have made."
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 9:02:22 PM

To "me"? Nothing, since I do not exist anymore if I have died.

Not until we master necromancy, muahuahuahua!!
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 10:01:54 PM

- When I die I'll know.

- Wat!?
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2015 11:31:49 PM

What does 'you' mean?

What does 'consciousness' mean?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 2:46:11 AM

The same thing that has happened and will happen to every other living creature on Earth. We become worm food and our individual atoms are recycled back into the environment.

See Ruv's post. Consciousness is a product of a physical brain. When the brain dies and decomposes there is no putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 3:25:40 AM

Just like the sun I will become a black hole. NOTHING will escape my gravitational force.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 3:28:43 AM

1)Nothing (in the context of consciousness).

2)No.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 6:14:53 AM

If you mean here our physical body, some people here like Dee-em say it will decay and the atom will be recycled again. That is correct because it is mention in the bible in..Psalm 16:10
"because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay." and the atom will be recycled again like what solomon said on his proverbs in "That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past ."

Now if you believe in Spirit in Man the bible say in Ecclesiastes 12:7
"and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

If you are talking about a near future, the answer of the bible is yes, your consciousness will remain and you are still aware of your new surrounding just like what said by Christ in his parable in Luke chapter 16:20.....Our awareness some is still working like what says by John in his epistle in Revelation 6:10.

Now if you are talking about far future, the answer will still remain yes. Our consciousness are still intact. Because we are facing that now Judgment. As being judge we must aware of how we are being judged. "For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil."

But sadly some won't accept this truth.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 6:39:23 AM
1) The same thing that has happened to every other living thing when it dies, My molecular structure will break down and become something different.
2) No.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 6:51:23 AM
At 10/15/2015 6:14:53 AM, olivetwo wrote:

If you mean here our physical body, some people here like Dee-em say it will decay and the atom will be recycled again. That is correct because it is mention in the bible in..Psalm 16:10
"because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay." and the atom will be recycled again like what solomon said on his proverbs in "That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past ."

"and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

If you are talking about a near future, the answer of the bible is yes, your consciousness will remain and you are still aware of your new surrounding just like what said by Christ in his parable in Luke chapter 16:20.....Our awareness some is still working like what says by John in his epistle in Revelation 6:10.

Now if you are talking about far future, the answer will still remain yes. Our consciousness are still intact. Because we are facing that now Judgment. As being judge we must aware of how we are being judged. "For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil."

Your use of the word truth is offensive.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 6:59:29 AM
At 10/15/2015 6:51:23 AM, Accipiter wrote:

I am so sorry If I offend you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 7:32:35 AM

The question relates to reality and not the fantasy of bronze age goatherds.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 7:57:00 AM
At 10/15/2015 7:32:35 AM, bulproof wrote:

That is one of the reality bulproof and your bronze age goatherds is thinking that God does not exist. That is not reality bulproof. Sorry my friend, your belief that God does not exist is an ancient time belief already. You are one of those new breed. The Denier of reality. So sad.
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 7:59:43 AM

You will know when you die. Remember this day I told you Bul...
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 8:31:06 AM

Reality means the state of things as they actually exist. Think about that bulproof....
olivetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 9:19:33 AM

If you removed this reality, I know you want to removed the early christian as well, because they are the want who told us this things, they are the one who witness this reality. If that is the case removed Herod Agrippa, removed Ananias the high Priest, removed the history of Jews, removed Josephus one a great historian, removed the old testament, removed the US constitution, removed Psalm 14:1 that says, "The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.". For that reason Bulproof must removed as well.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 11:10:13 AM
I love the answers from Christians. "This old book written by primitives tells me X, Y and Z. That's what I believe too". No thinking required.

Unfortunately it is all wishful thinking. They couldn't face death either so they wrote soothing nonsense about an afterlife in a paradise up in the clouds with a loving father figure. Children or the childish buy it. Adults see through the fairy tale and smile knowingly.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 2:27:32 PM
At 10/15/2015 12:45:52 PM, uncung wrote:
Our raw bodies will be decomposed and the soul will still alive in another place.

The 'soul' is part of the fairy tale. It has as much existence as does God, ie. none.

If you can demonstrate otherwise, here is your chance. Show us your evidence for a 'soul'. Go. (Let me guess. The 'soul' is immaterial and undetectable. How convenient. Again, just like God).
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 2:51:45 PM
At 10/15/2015 9:19:33 AM, olivetwo wrote:

If you removed this reality, I know you want to removed the early christian as well, because they are the want who told us this things, they are the one who witness this reality. If that is the case removed Herod Agrippa, removed Ananias the high Priest, removed the history of Jews, removed Josephus one a great historian, removed the old testament, removed the US constitution, removed Psalm 14:1 that says, "The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.". For that reason Bulproof must removed as well.

WOW.
You are just making up the sh*t that the ignorant goatherds did before you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 2:57:47 PM
What will happen after I die?
Everything that was going to happen before I died, sans my existence.
Life just continues, my loved ones, my friends, my associates still exist. I'm the one who doesn't and I'm also the one who doesn't know that.
Tell us what the dead know when they're dead?
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 11:19:47 PM
At 10/15/2015 6:59:29 AM, olivetwo wrote:
At 10/15/2015 6:51:23 AM, Accipiter wrote:

I am so sorry If I offend you.

I find you and your bible offensive too.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 12:12:58 AM
It's not without reason, this is what your bible says you should do with me.

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." - Deuteronomy 13:6-10

There are more nice things it says about me in other parts, but I already wiped my butt with them and flushed em. Pages torn from the bible make good toilet paper if you happen to run out.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:19:04 AM
At 10/15/2015 2:27:32 PM, dee-em wrote:
Our raw bodies will be decomposed and the soul will still alive in another place.

The 'soul' is part of the fairy tale. It has as much existence as does God, ie. none.

If you can demonstrate otherwise, here is your chance. Show us your evidence for a 'soul'. Go. (Let me guess. The 'soul' is immaterial and undetectable. How convenient. Again, just like God).

The dead people can do nothing since they dont belong to the souls. Souls is invisible in this world. it is the logic proof that soul exist.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:39:22 AM
At 10/16/2015 3:19:04 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2015 2:27:32 PM, dee-em wrote:

The dead people can do nothing since they dont belong to the souls. Souls is invisible in this world.

As I predicted. If souls are invisible how do you know they exist?

It is the logic proof that soul exist.

That's not logic. That's proof by assertion.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 5:52:22 AM
The dead people can do nothing since they dont belong to the souls. Souls is invisible in this world.

As I predicted. If souls are invisible how do you know they exist?

It is the logic proof that soul exist.

That's not logic. That's proof by assertion.

we know that souls exist from religion.
If the persons had no souls then they can no longer alive in this world.