Total Posts:106|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What Is the Coming of Christ?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Bible"s answer
The Scriptures make dozens of references to the future time when Christ comes to judge the people of the earth. * For example, Matthew 25:31-33 says:

"When the Son of man [Jesus Christ] comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left."

This time of judgment will be part of a "great tribulation" unlike anything in human history. That tribulation will culminate in the war of Armageddon. (Matthew 24:21; Revelation 16:16) Christ"s enemies, described in his illustration as goats, "will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction." (2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 19:11, 15) In contrast, his faithful servants, the sheep, will have the prospect of "everlasting life.""Matthew 25:46.

When will Christ come?
Jesus said: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows." (Matthew 24:36, 42; 25:13) However, he did describe a visible, composite "sign" that would identify the period leading up to his coming."Matthew 24:3, 7-14; Luke 21:10, 11.

Does Christ come in a body of spirit or of flesh?
Jesus was resurrected with a spirit body, so he comes as a spirit creature, not in the flesh. (1 Corinthians 15:45; 1 Peter 3:18) For this reason, Jesus could tell his apostles on the day before his death: "In a little while the world will see me no more.""John 14:19.

Common misconceptions about Christ"s coming
Misconception: When the Bible says that people will see Jesus "coming on the clouds," it means that Jesus will come visibly."Matthew 24:30.

Fact: The Bible often associates clouds with something hidden from view. (Leviticus 16:2; Numbers 11:25; Deuteronomy 33:26) For example, God told Moses: "I am coming to you in a dark cloud." (Exodus 19:9) Moses did not literally see God. Likewise, Christ "comes on the clouds" in that people perceive his coming even though they cannot literally see him.

Misconception: The expression "every eye will see him," used at Revelation 1:7 when speaking of Christ"s coming, is to be understood literally.

Fact: The Greek words in the Bible for "eye" and "seeing" are sometimes used in the sense of discerning or perceiving rather than referring to literal sight. * (Matthew 13:15; Luke 19:42; Romans 15:21; Ephesians 1:18) The Bible says that the resurrected Jesus is "the one . . . who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man . . . can see." (1 Timothy 6:16) Thus, "every eye will see him" in that all people will perceive that Jesus is the one who brings God"s judgment."Matthew 24:30.


Misconception: The words of 2 John 7 show that Jesus will come in the flesh.

Fact: That Bible verse states: "Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh."

In the apostle John"s day, some denied that Jesus had come to earth in the flesh as a man. They were called Gnostics. Second John 7 was written to refute their false claim.

Copied and pasted from :

http://www.jw.org...

I would like to suggest especially that Annanicole and PGA read the section in italics.
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 12:34:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible"s answer

(...)

What is the coming of Christ?

An event supposedly promised by Jesus himself and proclaimed imminent by believers over the course of the past two millennia with a spectacular failure rate of 100%.

The day will surely come when people who have been saying it's imminent for the past weeks, months, years, decades and even centuries will take a hard honest look at the whole shebang.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 12:56:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:34:43 PM, Hitchian wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible"s answer

(...)

What is the coming of Christ?

An event supposedly promised by Jesus himself and proclaimed imminent by believers over the course of the past two millennia with a spectacular failure rate of 100%.

The day will surely come when people who have been saying it's imminent for the past weeks, months, years, decades and even centuries will take a hard honest look at the whole shebang.

On the contrary, the day definitely will come when those who doubt that it will come in Jehovah's own time will be forced to recognise how wrong they are.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 12:57:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:38:34 PM, uncung wrote:
Shockingly, jesus will come as a muslim.

No chance, Islam is a false religion Allah is ether Satan or one of his demons.

Simple as.

There is absolutely no way that Christ would accept what the Muslims teach, any of them.
uncung
Posts: 3,464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 12:59:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:57:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:38:34 PM, uncung wrote:
Shockingly, jesus will come as a muslim.

No chance, Islam is a false religion Allah is ether Satan or one of his demons.

Simple as.

There is absolutely no way that Christ would accept what the Muslims teach, any of them.

But jesus was a muslim, so?
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 1:00:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:56:36 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:34:43 PM, Hitchian wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible"s answer

(...)

What is the coming of Christ?

An event supposedly promised by Jesus himself and proclaimed imminent by believers over the course of the past two millennia with a spectacular failure rate of 100%.

The day will surely come when people who have been saying it's imminent for the past weeks, months, years, decades and even centuries will take a hard honest look at the whole shebang.

On the contrary, the day definitely will come when those who doubt that it will come in Jehovah's own time will be forced to recognise how wrong they are.

I've got 2 0000 years of failed predictions to back my claim. You have more than 2 centuries of failed Watchtower predictions on your side pal.

You have zero credibility.
Keep at it.
More apostate links will follow.
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 3:01:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:59:56 PM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:57:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:38:34 PM, uncung wrote:
Shockingly, jesus will come as a muslim.

No chance, Islam is a false religion Allah is ether Satan or one of his demons.

Simple as.

There is absolutely no way that Christ would accept what the Muslims teach, any of them.

But jesus was a muslim, so?

As were the mega fauna and dinosouropods.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 3:48:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:59:56 PM, uncung wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:57:54 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:38:34 PM, uncung wrote:
Shockingly, jesus will come as a muslim.

No chance, Islam is a false religion Allah is ether Satan or one of his demons.

Simple as.

There is absolutely no way that Christ would accept what the Muslims teach, any of them.

But jesus was a muslim, so?

No, he was not. He worshipped his father Jehovah, not Allah, AKA Satan.

There is absolutely no relationship between what Christ taught and what Mohammed taught.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 4:03:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 1:00:50 PM, Hitchian wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:56:36 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:34:43 PM, Hitchian wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible"s answer

(...)

What is the coming of Christ?

An event supposedly promised by Jesus himself and proclaimed imminent by believers over the course of the past two millennia with a spectacular failure rate of 100%.

The day will surely come when people who have been saying it's imminent for the past weeks, months, years, decades and even centuries will take a hard honest look at the whole shebang.

On the contrary, the day definitely will come when those who doubt that it will come in Jehovah's own time will be forced to recognise how wrong they are.

I've got 2 0000 years of failed predictions to back my claim. You have more than 2 centuries of failed Watchtower predictions on your side pal.

Not true.

They have only made a few predictions, though admittedly those few were all based around their mistaken ideas about when Armageddon would arrive.

As for prophecies, you are completely wrong there.

Not one prophecy has failed.

Some have not yet been fulfilled, but that is only because they were not due to be.

Some are being fulfilled as we speak.

1st century prophecies that have been fulfilled.

The arrival of the Man of Lawlessness, also know as the Anti-Christ, who dominated "Christianity" from the end of the 1st century on.

Jesus also foretold that when he was to turn his attention to the earth to carry out his father's promise to "raise a people for my name".

As Isaiah pointed out, originally Israel was just that, but they proved unfaithful. (Isaiah 43) hence the need for another people to carry that mantled, who Christ gathered t his side in the 1st century, but who, after the death of the last Apostle, again proved unfaithful, thus fulfilling Jesus words at Luke 18:8.

Christ also prophesied that in this time of the end few would be interested (Luke 17:26-30) ad the Apostles also prophesied that at time like this would arise when people would not be content with spiritual things but would follow teachers who pleased them, who "tickled their ears".

You are one of those helping to fulfil that set of prophecies.


You have zero credibility.

That is hardly surprising, when you remember what Christ and the Apostles wrote, though to say zero credibility is an exaggeration.

However we have indeed reached a stage in the outworking of Jehovah's plan where few will choose to listen, and even fewer to accept. This is a time which Christ described as the separation of the wheat from the weeds that try to choke the wheat.

Ones such as you again.

Keep at it.

Oh, I shall. No problem there. If you wish to bring about the end of your hopes for eternal life, and spoil it for others, then you are welcome to do so, but you will be held blood guilty for those you lead away from Jehovah and his son.

More apostate links will follow.

I don't doubt it, needs must when the devil drives, and he sure is driving you, lol.
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 4:20:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 4:03:13 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
They have only made a few predictions, though admittedly those few were all based around their mistaken ideas about when Armageddon would arrive.
They have, as they have admitted under oath (that means swearing to your god) actually told LIES an demanded that those as stupid as you must believe those lies or else they would be disfellowshipped and shunned.
The jehovians tell lies and demand that those lies are believed, it's very much like your pathetic attempts on here.
Pathetic really by you and the poor rulers who reject you.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 5:26:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 4:20:48 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/15/2015 4:03:13 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
They have only made a few predictions, though admittedly those few were all based around their mistaken ideas about when Armageddon would arrive.
They have, as they have admitted under oath (that means swearing to your god) actually told LIES an demanded that those as stupid as you must believe those lies or else they would be disfellowshipped and shunned.No,

Again they admitted, under oath to having made errors.

You do have trouble making the distinction between errors honestly believed in and lies which are an attempt to deceive, as Satan deceived Eve.

Maybe that is why you tell so many of them.

Yes they insisted n unity of teaching, that is what scripture demands of all who wish to follow Christ.

The brothers who insisted they were right, but were not prepared to await Jehovah's time for that to be realised, lost out because they did not trust Jehovah to straighten matters out when he was ready to.

Those who trusted in Jehovah, not his organisation, waited their time.

The jehovians tell lies and demand that those lies are believed, it's very much like your pathetic attempts on here.

No, they do not, they cannot, it is as much anathema to them as it is to their God and his son.

Pathetic really by you and the poor rulers who reject you.

The truly pathetic thing is your inability to tell the difference between honest errors and attempts to deceive. But then you have already openly admitted to being pathetic so we should not be surprised.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 10:59:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible"s answer
The Scriptures make dozens of references to the future time when Christ comes to judge the people of the earth. * For example, Matthew 25:31-33 says:

"When the Son of man [Jesus Christ] comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left."

This time of judgment will be part of a "great tribulation" unlike anything in human history. That tribulation will culminate in the war of Armageddon. (Matthew 24:21; Revelation 16:16) Christ"s enemies, described in his illustration as goats, "will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction." (2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 19:11, 15) In contrast, his faithful servants, the sheep, will have the prospect of "everlasting life.""Matthew 25:46.

When will Christ come?
Jesus said: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows." (Matthew 24:36, 42; 25:13) However, he did describe a visible, composite "sign" that would identify the period leading up to his coming."Matthew 24:3, 7-14; Luke 21:10, 11.

Does Christ come in a body of spirit or of flesh?
Jesus was resurrected with a spirit body, so he comes as a spirit creature, not in the flesh. (1 Corinthians 15:45; 1 Peter 3:18) For this reason, Jesus could tell his apostles on the day before his death: "In a little while the world will see me no more.""John 14:19.

Common misconceptions about Christ"s coming
Misconception: When the Bible says that people will see Jesus "coming on the clouds," it means that Jesus will come visibly."Matthew 24:30.

Fact: The Bible often associates clouds with something hidden from view. (Leviticus 16:2; Numbers 11:25; Deuteronomy 33:26) For example, God told Moses: "I am coming to you in a dark cloud." (Exodus 19:9) Moses did not literally see God. Likewise, Christ "comes on the clouds" in that people perceive his coming even though they cannot literally see him.

Misconception: The expression "every eye will see him," used at Revelation 1:7 when speaking of Christ"s coming, is to be understood literally.

Fact: The Greek words in the Bible for "eye" and "seeing" are sometimes used in the sense of discerning or perceiving rather than referring to literal sight. * (Matthew 13:15; Luke 19:42; Romans 15:21; Ephesians 1:18) The Bible says that the resurrected Jesus is "the one . . . who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man . . . can see." (1 Timothy 6:16) Thus, "every eye will see him" in that all people will perceive that Jesus is the one who brings God"s judgment."Matthew 24:30.


Misconception: The words of 2 John 7 show that Jesus will come in the flesh.

Fact: That Bible verse states: "Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh."

In the apostle John"s day, some denied that Jesus had come to earth in the flesh as a man. They were called Gnostics. Second John 7 was written to refute their false claim.

Copied and pasted from :

http://www.jw.org...

I would like to suggest especially that Annanicole and PGA read the section in italics.

You should read the bible and not cultish JW literature. Any wonder why you are eternally damned.

1 John 4:2 This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God.

Parallel Verses
New International Version
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

New Living Translation
This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God.

English Standard Version
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

Berean Study Bible
By this you will know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

Berean Literal Bible
By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses Jesus Christ having come in the flesh is of God,

New American Standard Bible
By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

King James Bible
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
fettywap
Posts: 10
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 12:36:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible"s answer
The Scriptures make dozens of references to the future time when Christ comes to judge the people of the earth. * For example, Matthew 25:31-33 says:

"When the Son of man [Jesus Christ] comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left."

This time of judgment will be part of a "great tribulation" unlike anything in human history. That tribulation will culminate in the war of Armageddon. (Matthew 24:21; Revelation 16:16) Christ"s enemies, described in his illustration as goats, "will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction." (2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 19:11, 15) In contrast, his faithful servants, the sheep, will have the prospect of "everlasting life.""Matthew 25:46.

When will Christ come?
Jesus said: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows." (Matthew 24:36, 42; 25:13) However, he did describe a visible, composite "sign" that would identify the period leading up to his coming."Matthew 24:3, 7-14; Luke 21:10, 11.

Does Christ come in a body of spirit or of flesh?
Jesus was resurrected with a spirit body, so he comes as a spirit creature, not in the flesh. (1 Corinthians 15:45; 1 Peter 3:18) For this reason, Jesus could tell his apostles on the day before his death: "In a little while the world will see me no more.""John 14:19.

Common misconceptions about Christ"s coming
Misconception: When the Bible says that people will see Jesus "coming on the clouds," it means that Jesus will come visibly."Matthew 24:30.

Fact: The Bible often associates clouds with something hidden from view. (Leviticus 16:2; Numbers 11:25; Deuteronomy 33:26) For example, God told Moses: "I am coming to you in a dark cloud." (Exodus 19:9) Moses did not literally see God. Likewise, Christ "comes on the clouds" in that people perceive his coming even though they cannot literally see him.

Misconception: The expression "every eye will see him," used at Revelation 1:7 when speaking of Christ"s coming, is to be understood literally.

Fact: The Greek words in the Bible for "eye" and "seeing" are sometimes used in the sense of discerning or perceiving rather than referring to literal sight. * (Matthew 13:15; Luke 19:42; Romans 15:21; Ephesians 1:18) The Bible says that the resurrected Jesus is "the one . . . who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man . . . can see." (1 Timothy 6:16) Thus, "every eye will see him" in that all people will perceive that Jesus is the one who brings God"s judgment."Matthew 24:30.


Misconception: The words of 2 John 7 show that Jesus will come in the flesh.

Fact: That Bible verse states: "Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh."

In the apostle John"s day, some denied that Jesus had come to earth in the flesh as a man. They were called Gnostics. Second John 7 was written to refute their false claim.

Copied and pasted from :

http://www.jw.org...

I would like to suggest especially that Annanicole and PGA read the section in italics.

You still don't know what "Christ" means.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 1:04:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
if you can prove jesus is really alive, i'll send you a magical dragon egg, it will make a delicious omelet
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 1:07:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Misconception: The expression "every eye will see him," used at Revelation 1:7 when speaking of Christ"s coming, is to be understood literally.

Fact: The Greek words in the Bible for "eye" and "seeing" are sometimes used in the sense of discerning or perceiving rather than referring to literal sight. * (Matthew 13:15; Luke 19:42; Romans 15:21; Ephesians 1:18) The Bible says that the resurrected Jesus is "the one . . . who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man . . . can see." (1 Timothy 6:16) Thus, "every eye will see him" in that all people will perceive that Jesus is the one who brings God"s judgment."Matthew 24:30.


1. By BotchTower notions, you have twisted "every eye shall see Him" to .... "no eye shall see Him at all."

2. I Tim 6: 16 refers to God the Father, not the resurrected Christ. It is a misfire to claim that "no man can see Christ", either before or after the resurrection because folks obviously saw Him.

3. Matt 24: 30 (cited above) has reference in the passage to the fall of Jerusalem. Why? Because the generation then standing there with the Lord would not pass away before it occurred. ( v 34) Of course, that was before the WatchTower invented its own "overlapping generation" stuff.

Misconception: The words of 2 John 7 show that Jesus will come in the flesh.

Fact: That Bible verse states: "Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh."

In the apostle John"s day, some denied that Jesus had come to earth in the flesh as a man. They were called Gnostics. Second John 7 was written to refute their false claim.

Copied and pasted from :

http://www.jw.org...

Oh, I read it. I also saw where you got it. That explains the errors in it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
uncung
Posts: 3,464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:11:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
But jesus was a muslim, so?

No, he was not. He worshipped his father Jehovah, not Allah, AKA Satan.

There is absolutely no relationship between what Christ taught and what Mohammed taught.
Your own bible states that Jesus was a muslim.
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 10:08:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible"s answer
The Scriptures make dozens of references to the future time when Christ comes to judge the people of the earth. * For example, Matthew 25:31-33 says:

"When the Son of man [Jesus Christ] comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left."

This time of judgment will be part of a "great tribulation" unlike anything in human history. That tribulation will culminate in the war of Armageddon. (Matthew 24:21; Revelation 16:16) Christ"s enemies, described in his illustration as goats, "will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction." (2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 19:11, 15) In contrast, his faithful servants, the sheep, will have the prospect of "everlasting life.""Matthew 25:46.

When will Christ come?
Jesus said: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows." (Matthew 24:36, 42; 25:13) However, he did describe a visible, composite "sign" that would identify the period leading up to his coming."Matthew 24:3, 7-14; Luke 21:10, 11.

Does Christ come in a body of spirit or of flesh?
Jesus was resurrected with a spirit body, so he comes as a spirit creature, not in the flesh. (1 Corinthians 15:45; 1 Peter 3:18) For this reason, Jesus could tell his apostles on the day before his death: "In a little while the world will see me no more.""John 14:19.

Common misconceptions about Christ"s coming
Misconception: When the Bible says that people will see Jesus "coming on the clouds," it means that Jesus will come visibly."Matthew 24:30.

Fact: The Bible often associates clouds with something hidden from view. (Leviticus 16:2; Numbers 11:25; Deuteronomy 33:26) For example, God told Moses: "I am coming to you in a dark cloud." (Exodus 19:9) Moses did not literally see God. Likewise, Christ "comes on the clouds" in that people perceive his coming even though they cannot literally see him.

Misconception: The expression "every eye will see him," used at Revelation 1:7 when speaking of Christ"s coming, is to be understood literally.

Fact: The Greek words in the Bible for "eye" and "seeing" are sometimes used in the sense of discerning or perceiving rather than referring to literal sight. * (Matthew 13:15; Luke 19:42; Romans 15:21; Ephesians 1:18) The Bible says that the resurrected Jesus is "the one . . . who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man . . . can see." (1 Timothy 6:16) Thus, "every eye will see him" in that all people will perceive that Jesus is the one who brings God"s judgment."Matthew 24:30.


Misconception: The words of 2 John 7 show that Jesus will come in the flesh.

Fact: That Bible verse states: "Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh."

In the apostle John"s day, some denied that Jesus had come to earth in the flesh as a man. They were called Gnostics. Second John 7 was written to refute their false claim.

Copied and pasted from :

http://www.jw.org...

I would like to suggest especially that Annanicole and PGA read the section in italics.

Copy pasted?

So you're merely spamming, aren't you?

Oh, I remember now. You're a (disfellowshipped) witness and they merely regurgitate what the Watchtower orders them to. I invite anyone to attend a meeting and verify how Witnesses often parrot - verbatim , word for word - whatever is printed in their publications. If tomorrow the Watchtower magazine were to say the Sun is a blue triangle, you'd have some 8 million people spewing such nonsense by next Saturday.

The Watchtower is the religious equivalent of North Korea. It's a gulag where the guards themselves are prisoners and the loudspeakers day and night repeat how wonderful it is to be a prisoner and the brainwashed inmates chant how wonderful it is to be dressed in stripes and taters, what a privilege it is to be chained to ten pounds of iron and force labouring your days through the deep dark desolated mines of proselytism.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 10:32:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 3:11:53 AM, uncung wrote:
But jesus was a muslim, so?

No, he was not. He worshipped his father Jehovah, not Allah, AKA Satan.

There is absolutely no relationship between what Christ taught and what Mohammed taught.
Your own bible states that Jesus was a muslim.

Far from it, it does not even mention the Muslims, or Islam in any form, other than to point out that they would always be the enemies of God and his people, since they are descendants of Ishmael, Abraham's illegitimate son.

Many of the things Islam teaches, Christ condemned outright, especially their inhuman treatment of women. Jesus always treated them with great respect and dignity.

Their claim to any association with Christ or his father is as illegitimate as Ishmael, their forefather, was.
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 10:41:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 10:08:29 AM, Hitchian wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Oh, I remember now. You're a (disfellowshipped) witness and they merely regurgitate what the Watchtower orders them to. I invite anyone to attend a meeting and verify how Witnesses often parrot - verbatim , word for word - whatever is printed in their publications. If tomorrow the Watchtower magazine were to say the Sun is a blue triangle, you'd have some 8 million people spewing such nonsense by next Saturday.

100% true. "Unity at all costs" was their statement to the courts.

The Watchtower is the religious equivalent of North Korea. It's a gulag where the guards themselves are prisoners and the loudspeakers day and night repeat how wonderful it is to be a prisoner and the brainwashed inmates chant how wonderful it is to be dressed in stripes and taters, what a privilege it is to be chained to ten pounds of iron and force labouring your days through the deep dark desolated mines of proselytism.

Again, 100% true .... and well-put
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 10:44:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 1:07:17 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Misconception: The expression "every eye will see him," used at Revelation 1:7 when speaking of Christ"s coming, is to be understood literally.

Fact: The Greek words in the Bible for "eye" and "seeing" are sometimes used in the sense of discerning or perceiving rather than referring to literal sight. * (Matthew 13:15; Luke 19:42; Romans 15:21; Ephesians 1:18) The Bible says that the resurrected Jesus is "the one . . . who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man . . . can see." (1 Timothy 6:16) Thus, "every eye will see him" in that all people will perceive that Jesus is the one who brings God"s judgment."Matthew 24:30.


1. By BotchTower notions, you have twisted "every eye shall see Him" to .... "no eye shall see Him at all."

No, they use it in the same sense it is used elsewhere, as they explain. It fits in completely with the rest of scripture on the topic.

You choose to ignore that fact.

There is absolutely no way it can be literal.


2. I Tim 6: 16 refers to God the Father, not the resurrected Christ. It is a misfire to claim that "no man can see Christ", either before or after the resurrection because folks obviously saw Him.

Yes it does refer to Jehovah, they do not claim otherwise, which you would know had you read it properly.

You may have read it, but not understood it.


3. Matt 24: 30 (cited above) has reference in the passage to the fall of Jerusalem. Why? Because the generation then standing there with the Lord would not pass away before it occurred. ( v 34) Of course, that was before the WatchTower invented its own "overlapping generation" stuff.

There is no way you can logically read Matthew 24:30 to mean that. Not least because it did not happen.

"All the tribes of the earth" were not affected by it, the vast majority never even knew it happened, largely because it did not happen back then. It is still to happen.

Again you ignore or twist the important parts of that passage.

When Christ speaks of the Generation he speaks of the one which sees "all these things", since many of them have not happened that generation cannot have existed back then.

There is no way you can twist scripture or history to claim that "a tribulation such as has not been seen before, no, nor will ever be seen again" has happened because quite simply there have been many tribulations worse that than since.

Again you restrict Jehovah to what you want to see. His love is for the whole of his creation, and his plan was, and is, for the whole of creation, not some tiny corner of it.

Christ's words show that the tribulation, and Armageddon are global events, not local difficulties.


Misconception: The words of 2 John 7 show that Jesus will come in the flesh.

Fact: That Bible verse states: "Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh."

In the apostle John"s day, some denied that Jesus had come to earth in the flesh as a man. They were called Gnostics. Second John 7 was written to refute their false claim.

Copied and pasted from :

http://www.jw.org...

Oh, I read it. I also saw where you got it. That explains the errors in it.

There are no errors in it, except in your own arrogant assumptions and the ways you limit both Jehovah's power and his love for his creation.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 10:54:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 10:41:28 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/16/2015 10:08:29 AM, Hitchian wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Oh, I remember now. You're a (disfellowshipped) witness and they merely regurgitate what the Watchtower orders them to. I invite anyone to attend a meeting and verify how Witnesses often parrot - verbatim , word for word - whatever is printed in their publications. If tomorrow the Watchtower magazine were to say the Sun is a blue triangle, you'd have some 8 million people spewing such nonsense by next Saturday.

100% true. "Unity at all costs" was their statement to the courts.

Yes, and it is precisely as scripture commands it to be.


The Watchtower is the religious equivalent of North Korea. It's a gulag where the guards themselves are prisoners and the loudspeakers day and night repeat how wonderful it is to be a prisoner and the brainwashed inmates chant how wonderful it is to be dressed in stripes and taters, what a privilege it is to be chained to ten pounds of iron and force labouring your days through the deep dark desolated mines of proselytism.

Again, 100% true .... and well-put

No, it is the modern day equivalent of what Christ and the Apostles started in the 1st century.

In prayer to his father, Christ asked that his followers be as united with them as he was with his father.

Death could not break his loyalty.

He did not question for one second, or speak against his father's decisions, even in his plea for things to be otherwise he added the rider, that things must be as his father wishes.

Christ did not let suffering and death lessen his loyalty to his father yet, just as Satan urged Christ, you say that loyalty to death is not a requirement.

You simply prove the words of Satan at Job 2:4 to be true in your case, and what is worse you encourage others to follow suit.

ASV(i) 4 And Satan answered Jehovah, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.

Not Job does not limit his statement to Job's case, but generalises, thus including all humanity.

Yes Anna you do exactly as Satan suggests and agree that 100% loyalty is too much to ask.

Those who trust in Jehovah, like Shadrak Meshak and Abednego did, will never break their loyalty and obedience. They trust in Jehovah to "have their back" even if that means awaiting a resurrection.

They show Jehovah that his new world is more important to them, more precious, than this second rate life.

Anna you also fulfil 2 Timothy 3:5
ASV(i) 5 holding a form of godliness, but having denied the power therefore. From these also turn away.

All who wish to be seen to be on the side of Jehovah and his son should do exactly as that scripture says, and turn away from you, PGA, Hitchian, and all who prove false to the power of Jehovah and of faith in him.

Especially in this time of the end when all are being judged, day by day.
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 10:55:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 10:44:13 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/16/2015 1:07:17 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Misconception: The expression "every eye will see him," used at Revelation 1:7 when speaking of Christ"s coming, is to be understood literally.

Fact: The Greek words in the Bible for "eye" and "seeing" are sometimes used in the sense of discerning or perceiving rather than referring to literal sight. * (Matthew 13:15; Luke 19:42; Romans 15:21; Ephesians 1:18) The Bible says that the resurrected Jesus is "the one . . . who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man . . . can see." (1 Timothy 6:16) Thus, "every eye will see him" in that all people will perceive that Jesus is the one who brings God"s judgment."Matthew 24:30.


1. By BotchTower notions, you have twisted "every eye shall see Him" to .... "no eye shall see Him at all."

No, they use it in the same sense it is used elsewhere, as they explain. It fits in completely with the rest of scripture on the topic.

You choose to ignore that fact.

There is absolutely no way it can be literal.

Since when did "same way it is used elsewhere" mean anything to a WatchTower follower? You were asked four simple questions which invited you to demonstrate that the current or recent definitions of certain words/phrases were the "same way it is used elsewhere". You declined. You didn't attempt a one of them.


2. I Tim 6: 16 refers to God the Father, not the resurrected Christ. It is a misfire to claim that "no man can see Christ", either before or after the resurrection because folks obviously saw Him.

Yes it does refer to Jehovah, they do not claim otherwise, which you would know had you read it properly.

You may have read it, but not understood it.

Well, why did you claim it had reference to the resurrected Christ?


3. Matt 24: 30 (cited above) has reference in the passage to the fall of Jerusalem. Why? Because the generation then standing there with the Lord would not pass away before it occurred. ( v 34) Of course, that was before the WatchTower invented its own "overlapping generation" stuff.

There is no way you can logically read Matthew 24:30 to mean that. Not least because it did not happen.

Then the prophesy failed.

"All the tribes of the earth" were not affected by it, the vast majority never even knew it happened, largely because it did not happen back then. It is still to happen.

Well, which of the twelve tribes were unaware of it?

When Christ speaks of the Generation he speaks of the one which sees "all these things", since many of them have not happened that generation cannot have existed back then.

You must first assume that "many of them have not happened" before you proceed to apply a new and heretofore non-existent meaning to the phrase. The truth is that every last one of them happened in that generation, so there is no need at all for the WatchTower to feel compelled to make up a new meaning every ten years or so.

There is no way you can twist scripture or history to claim that "a tribulation such as has not been seen before, no, nor will ever be seen again" has happened because quite simply there have been many tribulations worse that than since.

Name one. Name a single "tribulation" since then - or before then, for that matter - in which such a large group of God's chosen people felt the distress that their expected deliverance was not forthcoming. And this lack of deliverance, of course, was tantamount to God's judgement against them and rejection of that system. Cite such an example.

In the apostle John"s day, some denied that Jesus had come to earth in the flesh as a man. They were called Gnostics. Second John 7 was written to refute their false claim.

Copied and pasted from :

http://www.jw.org...

Oh, I read it. I also saw where you got it. That explains the errors in it.

There are no errors in it, except in your own arrogant assumptions and the ways you limit both Jehovah's power and his love for his creation.

LMAO. When has a WatchTowerite EVER stated that a current production by the WatchTower was riddled with errors? Name one. I'd like to meet that fella.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 10:59:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 10:54:38 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/16/2015 10:41:28 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/16/2015 10:08:29 AM, Hitchian wrote:
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Oh, I remember now. You're a (disfellowshipped) witness and they merely regurgitate what the Watchtower orders them to. I invite anyone to attend a meeting and verify how Witnesses often parrot - verbatim , word for word - whatever is printed in their publications. If tomorrow the Watchtower magazine were to say the Sun is a blue triangle, you'd have some 8 million people spewing such nonsense by next Saturday.

100% true. "Unity at all costs" was their statement to the courts.

Yes, and it is precisely as scripture commands it to be.



The Watchtower is the religious equivalent of North Korea. It's a gulag where the guards themselves are prisoners and the loudspeakers day and night repeat how wonderful it is to be a prisoner and the brainwashed inmates chant how wonderful it is to be dressed in stripes and taters, what a privilege it is to be chained to ten pounds of iron and force labouring your days through the deep dark desolated mines of proselytism.

Again, 100% true .... and well-put

No, it is the modern day equivalent of what Christ and the Apostles started in the 1st century.

In prayer to his father, Christ asked that his followers be as united with them as he was with his father.

Christ was not and is not "united with His Father" based upon a joint declaration of absolute nonsense by the both of them, are they? Yet BotchTowerites have been MANY TIMES in the past united with their papa based upon a blind allegiance to whatever current BS daddy was spewing. There's the difference.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
shalal12
Posts: 303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 11:14:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/15/2015 12:22:56 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible"s answer
The Scriptures make dozens of references to the future time when Christ comes to judge the people of the earth. * For example, Matthew 25:31-33 says:

"When the Son of man [Jesus Christ] comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left."

This time of judgment will be part of a "great tribulation" unlike anything in human history. That tribulation will culminate in the war of Armageddon. (Matthew 24:21; Revelation 16:16) Christ"s enemies, described in his illustration as goats, "will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction." (2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 19:11, 15) In contrast, his faithful servants, the sheep, will have the prospect of "everlasting life.""Matthew 25:46.

When will Christ come?
Jesus said: "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows." (Matthew 24:36, 42; 25:13) However, he did describe a visible, composite "sign" that would identify the period leading up to his coming."Matthew 24:3, 7-14; Luke 21:10, 11.

Does Christ come in a body of spirit or of flesh?
Jesus was resurrected with a spirit body, so he comes as a spirit creature, not in the flesh. (1 Corinthians 15:45; 1 Peter 3:18) For this reason, Jesus could tell his apostles on the day before his death: "In a little while the world will see me no more.""John 14:19.

Common misconceptions about Christ"s coming
Misconception: When the Bible says that people will see Jesus "coming on the clouds," it means that Jesus will come visibly."Matthew 24:30.

Fact: The Bible often associates clouds with something hidden from view. (Leviticus 16:2; Numbers 11:25; Deuteronomy 33:26) For example, God told Moses: "I am coming to you in a dark cloud." (Exodus 19:9) Moses did not literally see God. Likewise, Christ "comes on the clouds" in that people perceive his coming even though they cannot literally see him.

Misconception: The expression "every eye will see him," used at Revelation 1:7 when speaking of Christ"s coming, is to be understood literally.

Fact: The Greek words in the Bible for "eye" and "seeing" are sometimes used in the sense of discerning or perceiving rather than referring to literal sight. * (Matthew 13:15; Luke 19:42; Romans 15:21; Ephesians 1:18) The Bible says that the resurrected Jesus is "the one . . . who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man . . . can see." (1 Timothy 6:16) Thus, "every eye will see him" in that all people will perceive that Jesus is the one who brings God"s judgment."Matthew 24:30.


Misconception: The words of 2 John 7 show that Jesus will come in the flesh.

Fact: That Bible verse states: "Many deceivers have gone out into the world, those not acknowledging Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh."

In the apostle John"s day, some denied that Jesus had come to earth in the flesh as a man. They were called Gnostics. Second John 7 was written to refute their false claim.

Copied and pasted from :

http://www.jw.org...

I would like to suggest especially that Annanicole and PGA read the section in italics.
/*/*/*/
I am happy that still some Christians care about Christ"s coming.
Muslims are divided basically into two groups, Shia (Shiite) and Sunni. Both groups strongly believe that Christ (pbuh) will come back on earth to built one government for the whole world. There are detail predictions in Shia books for Christ"s arrival.
Every prophet talked about some parts of the future and the prophet which will come after him. E.g. Moses (pbuh) said that Christ (pbhu) will come and gave many signs to future people so that people can easily detect him. Christ (pbhu) said that Ahmed (pbuh) and the Son of Man (pbuh) will come after him. And when Ahmed (pbuh) came 14 centuries ago, he talk about a great event; the arrival of Christ and Son of man, peace be upon them both.
Quran 61:6:
"And when Jesus the son of Mary said, O children of Israel, verily I am the apostle of God sent unto you, confirming the law which was delivered before me, and bringing good tidings of an apostle who shall come after me, and whose name shall be Ahmed"
Gospel of John 16:5-11
"but now I am going to him who sent me..."But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate "will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you."When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment about sin,"because people do not believe in me;"about righteousness,"because I am going to the Father,"where you can see me no longer;"and about judgment, because the prince of this world"now stands condemned." [How unfair translation; they translate names seeking to mislead people! Use Hebrew Gospel and you will detect that "the comforteror or the Advocate" is in fact "Ahmed"]. Here is also a good source for you provided by Sunni brothers.
http://www.islam101.com...
Revelation 12:1-4
A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head... Then another sign appeared in heaven an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten hornsand seven crowns on its heads. Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth.

The twelve stars are the twelve Imams of Shia Muslims including the Son of man (12th for whom we are waiting). The beast and red dragon refers to their enemies - the caliphs of Bani Umayyah and Bani Abbas who killed. The third one was poisoned by them.
Muhammad (pbuh) said that he will have 12 successors after his death, and named them one by one [in Sunni books names are not mentioned only "12 successor is mentioned". And arguments have been risen. Thus I will just talk using Shia books]. He said that 12th successor [the Son of man or Mahdi], will disappear as Christ(pbuh) did and he will be saved for the people of future as Christ(pbuh) was saved. He gave us so many predictions and signs for their arrival and emphasized that people of the future should do exactly what Mahdi and Christ say.
There are thousands of signs and predictions for Mahdi and Christ"s arrival in our books and we day and night ask God to let them appear on earth. Many of the predictions have occurred and some of them are left. I am not talking about the predictions which happened years ago, because they are not prediction for you any more. Here are some important predictions which will happen very close to their arrival:
1.Muhammad (pbuh) said: Close to their arrival, there will be three kings in Saudi Arabia, the seconds name will be the name of an animal and the third"s name will be Abdullah. There will be three times rumors for his death make sure in the third rumor he is dead. When you heard the third news I tell you that their arrival is so close. Make sure that there will be short kingdoms after Abdullah"s death and Saudi Arabia will change several kings in short period.
2.Some flags [groups] will rise in Shamat (almost Syria and some parts of its neighbors), they will fight with each other and one cruel flag [group] will get power, the cruel army will kill innocent people in Syria and it will move toward Iraq. It will rape girls and behead men there. The leader of that group is a man whose blood line comes back to Sufyani.
3.An army from Iran will move with an army from Yemen toward the cruel army. Iran"s leader will be from Khurasan and his blood line comes back to me [Muhammad (pbuh)] and the Yemeni leader will also have my blood line [Seyyed al-Yamani].
shalal12
Posts: 303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 11:17:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
4.On 28th Ramadan month, an announcement [in midea or a shriek from sky] will be heard by all the people of the world. That Mahdi has appeared.
5.A man will appear [12th star on woman"s head or Son of man] whose miracle is his knowledge. He will be a great scientist. Till his arrival man will be able to open one door of knowledge however, when he comes he will open 26 other doors of knowledge. He will answer any question and cure any illness. They will try to kill him, join the armies and save his life; Yaman"s army will guide you through the right way. He will appear in a shape of 40 years old man with a spot on his face.
6.A cruel army will be dragged into earth by an earthquake in Bayda [a place in Saudi Arabia].
7.There will be changes in Sun.
8.Masjid al-Agsa or Qubbat al-Sakhrah will be ruined in Palestine.
9.Christ (pbuh) will come, while he proves Mahdi. They will both say prayers for God and Christ will fight with Dajjal, the one eyed. There will also be a fake Christ who will try to mislead people. He is the Christ of Dajjal.
10.Christ (pbuh) will build one government for the whole world and world will be full of justice.

Many predictions have happened the the first three two ones which I mentioned are nearly happen.

Soon we will visit Son of man (who is definitely different with Son of God) and we have the duty to support him.
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 11:20:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 10:44:13 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

http://www.jw.org...
Oh, I read it. I also saw where you got it. That explains the errors in it.
There are no errors in it, except in your own arrogant assumptions and the ways you limit both Jehovah's power and his love for his creation.

This is how it's going to go:

Today is Friday, the 16th of October 2015. If, as history tells us, in the future the Watchtower revises their doctrine and eschatology that will mean , given that the Bible won't have changed, their interpretation has been flawed all along, i. e., has errors as of today.

You'll thus be proven wrong and I will be sure to quote the above sentence of yours.

"There are no errors" my azz.
shalal12
Posts: 303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 11:23:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Corrections:
The twelve stars are the twelve Imams of Shia Muslims including the Son of man (12th for whom we are waiting). The beast and red dragon refers to their enemies - the caliphs of Bani Umayyah and Bani Abbas who killed the third one. The second was poisoned by them.
uncung
Posts: 3,464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 12:36:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 10:32:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/16/2015 3:11:53 AM, uncung wrote:
But jesus was a muslim, so?

No, he was not. He worshipped his father Jehovah, not Allah, AKA Satan.

There is absolutely no relationship between what Christ taught and what Mohammed taught.
Your own bible states that Jesus was a muslim.

Far from it, it does not even mention the Muslims, or Islam in any form, other than to point out that they would always be the enemies of God and his people, since they are descendants of Ishmael, Abraham's illegitimate son.

Many of the things Islam teaches, Christ condemned outright, especially their inhuman treatment of women. Jesus always treated them with great respect and dignity.

Their claim to any association with Christ or his father is as illegitimate as Ishmael, their forefather, was.

Yes, it is your bible that assert Jesus was a muslim. take a look this:
"talmeed na'leh 'al rabbo; shekken kal adam she'MUSHLAM yihyeh k'rabbo."
The meaning of this hebrew verse is:
" The disciple is not above his teacher: but every one when he is perfected shall be as his teacher."
take alook how the bible translator translate MUSHLAM with "perfect".
The perfection here means a spiritual one. What the verse is saying is that knowledge is not what matters! The teacher or master is higher in knowledge than his student. But the student can be as high as his teacher, or even higher, by being a true 'MUSHLAM' or Muslim, a spiritually perfect and well-disciplined person!
(Luke 6:40)

And since you are talking about Ismael, I advice to you to be careful in blaspheming him, because your bible respects him so much by prophesying his descendants would become a great nation. Take a look this:
"And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation."
(Genesis 17:20)
see?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 1:15:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/16/2015 12:36:43 PM, uncung wrote:
At 10/16/2015 10:32:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/16/2015 3:11:53 AM, uncung wrote:
But jesus was a muslim, so?

No, he was not. He worshipped his father Jehovah, not Allah, AKA Satan.

There is absolutely no relationship between what Christ taught and what Mohammed taught.
Your own bible states that Jesus was a muslim.

Far from it, it does not even mention the Muslims, or Islam in any form, other than to point out that they would always be the enemies of God and his people, since they are descendants of Ishmael, Abraham's illegitimate son.

Many of the things Islam teaches, Christ condemned outright, especially their inhuman treatment of women. Jesus always treated them with great respect and dignity.

Their claim to any association with Christ or his father is as illegitimate as Ishmael, their forefather, was.

Yes, it is your bible that assert Jesus was a muslim. take a look this:
"talmeed na'leh 'al rabbo; shekken kal adam she'MUSHLAM yihyeh k'rabbo."
The meaning of this hebrew verse is:
" The disciple is not above his teacher: but every one when he is perfected shall be as his teacher."
take alook how the bible translator translate MUSHLAM with "perfect".
The perfection here means a spiritual one. What the verse is saying is that knowledge is not what matters! The teacher or master is higher in knowledge than his student. But the student can be as high as his teacher, or even higher, by being a true 'MUSHLAM' or Muslim, a spiritually perfect and well-disciplined person!
(Luke 6:40)

And since you are talking about Ismael, I advice to you to be careful in blaspheming him, because your bible respects him so much by prophesying his descendants would become a great nation. Take a look this:
"And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation."
(Genesis 17:20)
see?

I agree the Bible did prophecy that, and they have, but it also prophesied that they would be the enemies of God's own people, and they are. No good can come from breaking Jehovah's laws as Abraham did in having an illegitimate child by his wife's slave girl, Hagar.

All the prophecies abut Ishmael have proved true, not just the bit you cherry picked.

Sorry, but Islam is not anything to do with the true God and creator of all, it is a construction of Satan.