Are you "false to its power"

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 11:13:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
2 Timothy 3:5
ASV(i) 5 holding a form of godliness, but having denied the power therefore. From these also turn away.

There are many on this site like that. They say ah but this doesn't matter, or that doesn't matter. You don';t need to obey this, or you don't need to obey that.

Even worse they say that you don't need to be faithful to death.

They are condemned by the above passage for two reasons:

1: They do not believe that Jehovah has the power to safe them if need be, nor do they believe in the power of Jehovah's love for the whole of his creation.

2: They show that they value this second rate life over and above the life that is to come when Satan's influence on this world and those in it is removed completely, in fact many of them don;t even believe he cares enough about his creation to do it.

That puts them in the invidious position of agreeing with Satan when he said:

Job 2:4
ASV(i) 4 And Satan answered Jehovah, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.

Satan was saying that no man would remain faithful when at risk of his life or suffering.

They say " Acts 15:28-29 doesn't really mean what it says, Jehovah will understand that you want to live" Skin for skin.

They say "It doesn't matter if you disrupt the peace of the congregation arguing with what the Apostles and Older men (in today's terms the Governing Body) decree, really, 1 Corinthians 1:10 doesn't really mean anything. ASV(i) 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfected together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Nor do Christ's words in prayer to his Father, as recorded at John 17:11ASV(i) 11 And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are., they say" we don't really need to be that united, obeying every command of his father like he did".

No, they echo the words of Peter at Matthew 16:22-23 ASV(i) "22 And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall never be unto thee". But think. How did Jesus reply to that "23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art a stumbling-block unto me: for thou mindest not the things of God, but the things of men."

The choice is yours.

Do you want to be like one of those, and we all know who they are on here, and listen when they say" be kind to yourself, it doesn't matter", speaking Satan's thoughts to you?

Or do you want to be as Christ was, firm and resolute, doing all that you can to remain faithful even if it does mean suffering and dying?

Like I say, the choice is yours. It isn't going to get easier, at least not until it has become much harder first.

Christ didn't offer the "soft option" far fr it as any will know if they read Matthew 10. Are you "man enough" to take up the challenge he has set before us all?

I hope and pray that I will be when the time comes, and I have some idea of how hard it is going to be to stay faithful.