Do you love your life?

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:26:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Should you?

Consider Jesus words, as fund at John 12:25.

John 12:25
ASV(i) 25 He that loveth his life loseth it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

What is Jesus saying there?

Well quite simply he is saying that we must value the life to come, far more than the life now.

What if, for instance, you are faced with a surgeon who will not treat you without blood?

Do you give in and show that you value hits life more than what Jehad's is offering, as some have done, and here I am thinking of someone who complained about being disfellowshipped after his wife accepted a blood transfusion and he supported her stand.

Did either of them show that they trusted Jehovah? No.

Did either of them show that they valued this life more than what Jehovah offers to the faithful? Most decidedly.

It is no wonder that they rightly got disfellowshipped.

Think about it.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:28:57 PM
At 10/16/2015 3:26:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Should you?

ASV(i) 25 He that loveth his life loseth it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Well quite simply he is saying that we must value the life to come, far more than the life now.

What if, for instance, you are faced with a surgeon who will not treat you without blood?

Do you give in and show that you value hits life more than what Jehad's is offering, as some have done, and here I am thinking of someone who complained about being disfellowshipped after his wife accepted a blood transfusion and he supported her stand.

Did either of them show that they valued this life more than what Jehovah offers to the faithful? Most decidedly.

Think about it.

It is ridiculous to value an afterlife, which probably doesn't exist, more than the life we have now!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 3:43:53 PM
Should you?

Think about it.

But like other disfellowshipped and shunned members like you, they can continue to receive Jehovah's blessing.and still be saved independent of the JW.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 4:11:31 PM

Think about it.

They got disfellowshipped for not adhering to the rules "trickled down" by the Governing Body. That same Governing Body that most likely consumed blood in their meals at some time during the previous month. Of course, I'm sure they breathed a collective sigh of relief when you determined that Jehovah probably overlooked their consumption of blood.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 4:21:47 PM
Should you?

Think about it.

If a male witness goes down on his wife during that time of the month when she is bleeding, will he go to hell for that? Would the witnesses dis-fellowship him? The women is at her most sensitive at that time of the month, and the male gets to enjoy that metallic tasting salty treat.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 5:31:06 PM
Should you?

Weaknesses in ancient authorship and curation mean we that have no great assurance who produced those words, MCB, in what context or why. You can't provide that assurance, because you haven't the expertise or diligence.

So what you're really exploring are the thoughts of a much later ideology -- an interpretation of ancient history and thought developed in the late 19th century, taught to you, and continuing today.

But that ideology is rather silly and dangerous.

Our appreciation of life is also our source of compassion and respect for others. As children if we feel joyful but others don't, it makes us curious, then concerned, then involved. Children have a great desire to heal the hurt in adults -- especially those who care for them.

That has a huge developmental benefit to us individually, and to societies and our species strategically. So encouraging people to abandon their joy and life-appreciation may be tantamount to encouraging them to abandon both compassion and ethics in favour of dogmatic morality -- based (as I mentioned above) entirely on unsupportable conjecture.

Certainly, if you look at the behaviours of people who value dogma over their lives, they tend not to be respectful or compassionate. Tending toward sanctimony, cruelty and fanaticism, and can be anything from obnoxious (JW door-knockers) to abusive (brimstone street preachers) or murderous (Islamicist suicide-bombers.)

Inflexible, unimaginative, and unadaptive, such people are unable to sustain a viable society in themselves. Instead, they're parasitic on the societies in which they dwell, and typically dream of millennial eschatologies -- an ultimate death-wish freeing them from the daily realisation that they're unable to cope, adapt or achieve.

If there were a compassionate, insightful prophet called Yeshua ben Yoseph, and he did speak those words, is that meaning one that compassion and insight could ever produce?
Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 6:30:44 PM
Should you?

Think about it.

The Jehovah's Witnesses ban on blood transfusions is complete nonsense from top to bottom. As Greg Stafford, a former Witness and founder of the minuscule Watchtower offshoot Christian Witnesses of Jah, said, Acts 15:29 presents a problem: a verb is missing.

"You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell."

What does it mean to "abstain from blood" ?

It obviously cannot mean an absolute prohibition, for blood is being pumped and circulating in our bodies, whose very survival depends upon it. So abstain from doing exactly what with blood? There's no second verb there, as in "abstain from shedding blood" or "abstain from tampering with blood", so the exact scope of the prohibition is not explicit. But the previous verse gives out a hint:

"It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: "

So it's being implicitly stated that this is a reiteration of pre-existing requirements. Furthermore, this thesis deserves additional credence for all of the listed requirements were already prescribed one way or the other in the Old Testament. What had the Old Testament said on the topic? Note Deuteronomy 12:23 :

"But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat."

This is a ban on eating blood. It is noteworthy that at the time Acts was written the practice of eating blood, either animal blood or even human blood, was not entirely uncommon, so the apostles could be taught to be within reason in their emphasis on the ban. For the above stated reasons, an expanded more comprehensive rendering of that verse could read: "Abstain from eating blood".

No one is his right mind would equate a blood transfusion with eating blood. The Watchtower committed an analogous dishonesty when in the past it described organ transplants as acts of cannibalism, but any fair-minded individual will see the inescapable differences. It is therefore reasonable to conclude the ban on blood does not include transfusions.

But let's say it did, for the sake of argument. What authorizes the Governing body to go from a ban on blood to a ban on blood's primary components?! What bible verse everyone else is unaware of affords them that right?! Clearly this is the mischievous ramblings of zealots who seek to appear holier than everyone else, like the Jews who'd wash up to the elbow inebriated by their own self-righteousness.

The Governing Body likes to remind everyone else how blood stands for the symbol of life. Yet the tragic irony escapes them, that they'd be willing to sacrifice Life itself for the sake of the symbol of Life.

Bottom line, The Watchtower doctrine on blood holds no water. It is the by-product of getting a dozen or so of unlettered self-appointed sexagenarian morons locked up in a room with too much time on their hands and a yearning to appear more zealous, more righteous and stricter than any other Christian denomination. In other words, marketing.

A final word on the bible. A collection of books which has been this imprecisely worded so that it allows Watchtower to get away with this criminal doctrine with at least the vague chance of claiming scripyurality is a collection of books that fails on every account. It has at least in part allowed for children, wives, husbands to die just so a few crackpots in Brooklyn could assert their authority. Thus it cannot come from God, at least not an existing one or a moral one.

The recent Australian case on child abuse has already coasted the Watchtower a fortune, but I'd welcome a boatload more regarding the blood issue.

Here's hoping.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2015 10:43:37 PM
At 10/16/2015 4:21:47 PM, drpiek wrote:
Should you?

Think about it.

If a male witness goes down on his wife during that time of the month when she is bleeding, will he go to hell for that? Would the witnesses dis-fellowship him? The women is at her most sensitive at that time of the month, and the male gets to enjoy that metallic tasting salty treat.

Most religions consider a woman unclean during her menstrual period and are forbidden to touch her. But your religion must permit you to overlook the unsavoury and unhygienic conditions of the menstrual blood and fantasize a metallic tasting salty smoothie treat as you have so vividly described from experience. Pantheism did you say was what you followed?
I suppose her turd during the same period might be equally and ceremoniously enjoyed in keeping with your religious tradition. Please spare us the details.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 12:09:34 AM
Should you?

Think about it.

Why are you then on life saving medication? You are suicidal and clinically depressed and without medication to control your mental disorder you might very well be on your way to the promised land. But you love your current life so much that you are doing everything to prolong it like eating, breathing and going on medication. Ironically your current life isn't all that great either living alone with animals on disability assistance and begging on the internet for basic transportation money and money for cheap Asian services which are beyond your current ability to afford.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 12:29:04 AM
Should you?

Think about it.

Yeah it's real easy to deny people things on the claim well it's against Gods will. I recall when women were given pain relief in child birth but some religious people were against it ? why ? did they want women to suffer ?

Well you see it was against Gods will................you see we read in genesis God cursed eve in child birth blah blah blah

When you are willing to so easily put aside peoples well being in the name of following some asserted and never verified God rule/will that makes you a piece of sh*t in my book.

So Mad here you are, in full support of a woman being denied something and how easy is it for you to justify it as God will.

Constantly I wonder how do you live with yourself.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 4:48:16 AM
If you hate your life now, just think how you will feel about enduring it for eternity.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
new_yorker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 4:54:54 AM
Should you?

Think about it. : :

Without the knowledge of God, you will always be out of context to what is written in the Bible. This thread proves you don't know God or possess His knowledge.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 10:50:32 AM
At 10/17/2015 4:54:54 AM, new_yorker wrote:
Should you?

Think about it. : :

Without the knowledge of God, you will always be out of context to what is written in the Bible. This thread proves you don't know God or possess His knowledge.

Brad, your post proves you have very serious mental health problems and possibly substance abuse problems too! No one takes your endless posts seriously, and if the deity does exist somewhere, I bet it doesn't either!
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 2:50:18 AM
At 10/16/2015 10:43:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Should you?

Think about it.

Most religions consider a woman unclean during her menstrual period and are forbidden to touch her. But your religion must permit you to overlook the unsavoury and unhygienic conditions of the menstrual blood and fantasize a metallic tasting salty smoothie treat as you have so vividly described from experience. Pantheism did you say was what you followed?
I suppose her turd during the same period might be equally and ceremoniously enjoyed in keeping with your religious tradition. Please spare us the details.

Panentheism is a belief not a religion, it does not dictate my sexual adventures, and it does not label people unclean by nature like your religion does.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 9:58:34 AM
At 10/18/2015 2:50:18 AM, drpiek wrote:
At 10/16/2015 10:43:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Should you?

Think about it.

Panentheism is a belief not a religion, it does not dictate my sexual adventures, and it does not label people unclean by nature like your religion does.

That is the same as saying your beliefs does not stop you from approaching women during their menstrual period to enjoy that metallic tasting salty treat which you described from personal experience. Notwithstanding, her turd during the same period you would equally and ceremoniously enjoy in keeping with your beliefs.