Jump to topic:

The four horsemen speak, the atheists' turn

Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 4:28:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
After countless topics aimed at smearing atheists as a whole, why not let 4 of the most prominent speak their minds, beating in mind these opinions are theirs alone and are by no means binding on all self-professed atheists.

Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens discuss various matters pertaining to atheism.

https://www.youtube.com...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 7:01:59 PM
At 10/17/2015 4:28:02 PM, Hitchian wrote:
After countless topics aimed at smearing atheists as a whole, why not let 4 of the most prominent speak their minds, beating in mind these opinions are theirs alone and are by no means binding on all self-professed atheists.

Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens discuss various matters pertaining to atheism.

Who are they and why should I care. My atheism is based entirely on me, I have no need of atheist mouthpieces.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 7:08:27 PM
At 10/17/2015 7:01:59 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/17/2015 4:28:02 PM, Hitchian wrote:

Who are they and why should I care. My atheism is based entirely on me, I have no need of atheist mouthpieces.

Which is more or less what I stated.

Not that you should care. You might care because these are highly intelligent people who are shown agreeing and disagreeing on several matters pertaining to atheism, thus shattering to pieces the myth of monolithic thought on the atheist side of things.

Plus, their remarks are insightful, spirited and entertaining.
Beats Pizza and Super Bowl, if you ask me.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2015 8:18:29 PM
At 10/17/2015 6:57:58 PM, Hitchian wrote:
I thought Ben, of all people, would be interested in this video.

It's interesting you would say that because I actually did start to watch the video when you first posted it (the first 10 minutes or so) but was disappointed that they didn't discuss any topics of interest so I stopped watching. The first 10 minutes consisted of the unwarranted perceived offensiveness of critiquing religious claims.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 7:07:21 AM
At 10/17/2015 8:18:29 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 10/17/2015 6:57:58 PM, Hitchian wrote:
I thought Ben, of all people, would be interested in this video.

It's interesting you would say that because I actually did start to watch the video when you first posted it (the first 10 minutes or so) but was disappointed that they didn't discuss any topics of interest so I stopped watching. The first 10 minutes consisted of the unwarranted perceived offensiveness of critiquing religious claims.

I've listen to quite a bit of Sam Harris over the years (not a fan of Dawkins but) so what topics are you interested in this area ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12