Total Posts:224|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The universe is complicated.

Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 12:31:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
My people think because the universe is complicated that it must have been created by a god. The reality is that, religion is just a means of simplifying something which takes a long time to explain. For example - Evolution takes a lot of explaining and evidence to justify how one species can evolve into another species. Religion is just a lazy way of creating a simple world where all difficult explanations can be answered with one easy answer, which is, that god created everything. Now, a person who is in charge of someone's elses education and doesn't have any modern technology like a computer would much prefer to use the 'god created it answer' to save them the trouble of looking through thousands of books to find the answer.
uncung
Posts: 3,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 12:40:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 12:31:48 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
My people think because the universe is complicated that it must have been created by a god. The reality is that, religion is just a means of simplifying something which takes a long time to explain. For example - Evolution takes a lot of explaining and evidence to justify how one species can evolve into another species. Religion is just a lazy way of creating a simple world where all difficult explanations can be answered with one easy answer, which is, that god created everything. Now, a person who is in charge of someone's elses education and doesn't have any modern technology like a computer would much prefer to use the 'god created it answer' to save them the trouble of looking through thousands of books to find the answer.

do you mean universe created its own self?
true_spirit
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:21:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 12:31:48 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
My people think because the universe is complicated that it must have been created by a god. The reality is that, religion is just a means of simplifying something which takes a long time to explain. For example - Evolution takes a lot of explaining and evidence to justify how one species can evolve into another species. Religion is just a lazy way of creating a simple world where all difficult explanations can be answered with one easy answer, which is, that god created everything. Now, a person who is in charge of someone's elses education and doesn't have any modern technology like a computer would much prefer to use the 'god created it answer' to save them the trouble of looking through thousands of books to find the answer. : :

If you don't listen to the voice of God and obey his commandments, the universe will remain complicated and misunderstood.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 3:58:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 3:21:38 AM, true_spirit wrote:
At 10/18/2015 12:31:48 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
My people think because the universe is complicated that it must have been created by a god. The reality is that, religion is just a means of simplifying something which takes a long time to explain. For example - Evolution takes a lot of explaining and evidence to justify how one species can evolve into another species. Religion is just a lazy way of creating a simple world where all difficult explanations can be answered with one easy answer, which is, that god created everything. Now, a person who is in charge of someone's elses education and doesn't have any modern technology like a computer would much prefer to use the 'god created it answer' to save them the trouble of looking through thousands of books to find the answer. : :

If you don't listen to the voice of God and obey his commandments, the universe will remain complicated and misunderstood.

On the other hand, if you do, the universe will still remain complicated and misunderstood, but you may become too self-satisfied to notice.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 4:16:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 12:40:58 AM, uncung wrote:

do you mean universe created its own self?

The universe has always been here. It wasn't created by anyone or anything. There was no beginning and there will be no end.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 4:18:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 3:21:38 AM, true_spirit wrote:

If you don't listen to the voice of God and obey his commandments, the universe will remain complicated and misunderstood.

As discussed on another post. God is really the amygdala which speaks to the outer cerebral cortex. This is the 'voice' that people here.
uncung
Posts: 3,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 4:48:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 4:16:03 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 10/18/2015 12:40:58 AM, uncung wrote:

do you mean universe created its own self?

The universe has always been here. It wasn't created by anyone or anything. There was no beginning and there will be no end.

and what about Big bang issue?
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 4:56:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 12:31:48 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
My people think because the universe is complicated that it must have been created by a god. The reality is that, religion is just a means of simplifying something which takes a long time to explain. For example - Evolution takes a lot of explaining and evidence to justify how one species can evolve into another species. Religion is just a lazy way of creating a simple world where all difficult explanations can be answered with one easy answer, which is, that god created everything. Now, a person who is in charge of someone's elses education and doesn't have any modern technology like a computer would much prefer to use the 'god created it answer' to save them the trouble of looking through thousands of books to find the answer.

I'd say most religions are are layered and complex as an theory of science.

I didn't learn about evolution by reading thousands of books. Same goes for religion most have a cannon of holy scripture.

Essentially your argument is based on false premises. Religion is not a simpler easier explanation. It is often times layered with varying levels of expertise, cross references to other experiences, history, and observations.

You can disagree with the results religion proclaims as explanations.. and certainly you do this by accepting the explanations a science book tells you. But you can not say Religion is the "easy" way out of finding the real truth.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 4:57:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 12:40:58 AM, uncung wrote:

do you mean universe created its own self?

why is it so hard for you to imagine a universe that always existed?
do you believe that your god created it's own self?
uncung
Posts: 3,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 5:04:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 4:57:53 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 12:40:58 AM, uncung wrote:

do you mean universe created its own self?

why is it so hard for you to imagine a universe that always existed?
do you believe that your god created it's own self?

But science reveals that the universe had a beginning.
If you believe in God then you must know God is not created.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 5:27:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 4:48:35 AM, uncung wrote:

and what about Big bang issue?

The Big Bang issue is just a compromise of the science community.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 5:30:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 4:56:23 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Essentially your argument is based on false premises. Religion is not a simpler easier explanation. It is often times layered with varying levels of expertise, cross references to other experiences, history, and observations.

You can disagree with the results religion proclaims as explanations.. and certainly you do this by accepting the explanations a science book tells you. But you can not say Religion is the "easy" way out of finding the real truth.

God created man verses a 3 billion year evolution from viral cell to human being. Now which is more complicated and difficult to explain?
uncung
Posts: 3,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 5:53:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 5:27:39 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 10/18/2015 4:48:35 AM, uncung wrote:

and what about Big bang issue?

The Big Bang issue is just a compromise of the science community.

I mean the Big bang affirms that the universe had a beginning.
bulproof
Posts: 25,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 6:16:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 4:56:23 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

But you can not say Religion is the "easy" way out of finding the real truth.

In fact I can say that religion is a most unlikely path to finding real truth.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 6:34:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 5:53:45 AM, uncung wrote:

I mean the Big bang affirms that the universe had a beginning.

I don't subscribe to the Big Bang Theory.

I believe in the Steady State Theory which has no beginning and no ending.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 7:57:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 5:04:20 AM, uncung wrote:
At 10/18/2015 4:57:53 AM, DanMGTOW wrote:
At 10/18/2015 12:40:58 AM, uncung wrote:

do you mean universe created its own self?

why is it so hard for you to imagine a universe that always existed?
do you believe that your god created it's own self?

But science reveals that the universe had a beginning.
If you believe in God then you must know God is not created.

actually that isn't true, science hasn't determined what it was like before the current state of the universe, and we may never know.
why do you assume the universe was created?
what proof do you have that your god created the universe?
uncung
Posts: 3,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 8:39:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 6:34:14 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 10/18/2015 5:53:45 AM, uncung wrote:

I mean the Big bang affirms that the universe had a beginning.

I don't subscribe to the Big Bang Theory.

I believe in the Steady State Theory which has no beginning and no ending.

what does the steady state theory say about the birth of universe ?
uncung
Posts: 3,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 8:45:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If you believe in God then you must know God is not created.

actually that isn't true, science hasn't determined what it was like before the current state of the universe, and we may never know.
why do you assume the universe was created?
what proof do you have that your god created the universe?

Then in this point science doesn't know how the universe came to exist. In this case, religion takes place.
Akhenaten
Posts: 854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 2:01:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 8:39:52 AM, uncung wrote:

what does the steady state theory say about the birth of universe ?

The Steady State Theory says that the universe had no beginning and will have no end. The universe has always been here and it will continue to always be here, forever.
uncung
Posts: 3,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 2:05:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 2:01:44 PM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 10/18/2015 8:39:52 AM, uncung wrote:

what does the steady state theory say about the birth of universe ?

The Steady State Theory says that the universe had no beginning and will have no end. The universe has always been here and it will continue to always be here, forever.

It implies the universe created its own self.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 4:00:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 5:30:40 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
At 10/18/2015 4:56:23 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Essentially your argument is based on false premises. Religion is not a simpler easier explanation. It is often times layered with varying levels of expertise, cross references to other experiences, history, and observations.

You can disagree with the results religion proclaims as explanations.. and certainly you do this by accepting the explanations a science book tells you. But you can not say Religion is the "easy" way out of finding the real truth.

God created man verses a 3 billion year evolution from viral cell to human being. Now which is more complicated and difficult to explain

Neither is all that difficult.

\While you think Religion's only explanation is "God done it" and nothing more; that is not the case. After Genesis reveals "God made man and woman..." it goes on in another chapter to describe how they were created.

Obviously one line is never the whole story.

Just like saying "Survival of the fittest" is not the whole story of Evolution.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 4:07:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 8:45:49 AM, uncung wrote:
If you believe in God then you must know God is not created.

actually that isn't true, science hasn't determined what it was like before the current state of the universe, and we may never know.
why do you assume the universe was created?
what proof do you have that your god created the universe?

Then in this point science doesn't know how the universe came to exist. In this case, religion takes place.

that is a logical fallacy
at least you admit that religion is based off of ignorance, rather than facts or evidence.
for instance: you don't know how lightning strikes, so you can't prove that thor doesn't throw lightning bolts

if your god did create the universe, wouldn't science, logic and faith complement each other?
uncung
Posts: 3,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 5:19:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Then in this point science doesn't know how the universe came to exist. In this case, religion takes place.

that is a logical fallacy
at least you admit that religion is based off of ignorance, rather than facts or evidence.
for instance: you don't know how lightning strikes, so you can't prove that thor doesn't throw lightning bolts

if your god did create the universe, wouldn't science, logic and faith complement each other?

thor? who is she?
God created the universe by using the logic science.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 6:31:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 5:19:11 AM, uncung wrote:
Then in this point science doesn't know how the universe came to exist. In this case, religion takes place.

that is a logical fallacy
at least you admit that religion is based off of ignorance, rather than facts or evidence.
for instance: you don't know how lightning strikes, so you can't prove that thor doesn't throw lightning bolts

if your god did create the universe, wouldn't science, logic and faith complement each other?

thor? who is she?
God created the universe by using the logic science.

Thor is just another of the multitude of gods created by men, just the same as jaweh, Vishnu, Quetzalcoatl , allah etc., etc., etc., almost ad infinitum.
nueron
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 6:48:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 12:31:48 AM, Akhenaten wrote:
My people think because the universe is complicated that it must have been created by a god. The reality is that, religion is just a means of simplifying something which takes a long time to explain. For example - Evolution takes a lot of explaining and evidence to justify how one species can evolve into another species. Religion is just a lazy way of creating a simple world where all difficult explanations can be answered with one easy answer, which is, that god created everything. Now, a person who is in charge of someone's elses education and doesn't have any modern technology like a computer would much prefer to use the 'god created it answer' to save them the trouble of looking through thousands of books to find the answer. : :

The universe is actually very easy to explain once you know how it was created.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 6:57:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 5:19:11 AM, uncung wrote:
Then in this point science doesn't know how the universe came to exist. In this case, religion takes place.

that is a logical fallacy
at least you admit that religion is based off of ignorance, rather than facts or evidence.
for instance: you don't know how lightning strikes, so you can't prove that thor doesn't throw lightning bolts

if your god did create the universe, wouldn't science, logic and faith complement each other?

thor? who is she?
God created the universe by using the logic science.

which god do you think created the universe?
and what is your evidence to back up that assertion?
uncung
Posts: 3,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 6:58:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
thor? who is she?
God created the universe by using the logic science.

Thor is just another of the multitude of gods created by men, just the same as jaweh, Vishnu, Quetzalcoatl , allah etc., etc., etc., almost ad infinitum.

If so, then Thor is the false god since the true God is solely Allah.
uncung
Posts: 3,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 6:58:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
which god do you think created the universe?
and what is your evidence to back up that assertion?

Allah. The evidence is, Quran.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 7:50:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 6:58:59 AM, uncung wrote:
which god do you think created the universe?
and what is your evidence to back up that assertion?

Allah. The evidence is, Quran.

Or Vedas, or Torah, or Bible, or Adi Granth, all superstions have their propaganda books.