Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

The deity should have done the decent thing!

JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 10:51:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If the deity got that poor kid Mary pregnant, it would be considered a paedophile today, as she was likely to have been a young teenager and below the age of consent! Much more likely of course Mary had sex in the usual way with Joseph or another! However, if the deity did have anything to do with her conceiving a child it should have done the decent thing and married her, instead of expecting poor Joseph to pick up the pieces

It annoys me that in times past, and even today, some Christians are very nasty about a girl getting pregnant before marriage, when Mary was in the same boat!
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2015 11:57:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:51:30 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the deity got that poor kid Mary pregnant, it would be considered a paedophile today, as she was likely to have been a young teenager and below the age of consent! Much more likely of course Mary had sex in the usual way with Joseph or another! However, if the deity did have anything to do with her conceiving a child it should have done the decent thing and married her, instead of expecting poor Joseph to pick up the pieces

It annoys me that in times past, and even today, some Christians are very nasty about a girl getting pregnant before marriage, when Mary was in the same boat!

It's worse than that, JJ. Not only was poor Joseph cuckolded, but to make matters worse God set up his own son as a sacrifice to appease his anger at the (supposed) sins of humanity. What monster would conceive and then demand his own son purely as a sacrificial object?
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 4:29:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:51:30 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the deity got that poor kid Mary pregnant, it would be considered a paedophile today, as she was likely to have been a young teenager and below the age of consent! Much more likely of course Mary had sex in the usual way with Joseph or another! However, if the deity did have anything to do with her conceiving a child it should have done the decent thing and married her, instead of expecting poor Joseph to pick up the pieces

It annoys me that in times past, and even today, some Christians are very nasty about a girl getting pregnant before marriage, when Mary was in the same boat!

Age of consent is as young as 16 in US and UK. Do you think she was younger than 16? United kingdom raised the age of consent from 13 to 16 in 1885 in a campaign against prostitution.

Do you think she was younger than 13? I don't think that would be considered young teenager.

But age of Consent is a subjective legal term. And you are using modern legal definitions to make a ex post facto case against God.

You have yet to establish "age of consent" as an objective rule of morality to apply at all times. You have yet to establish jurisdiction.

Essentially you haven't made a case of why that would be the "right" thing to do.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 7:31:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:51:30 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the deity got that poor kid Mary pregnant, it would be considered a paedophile today, as she was likely to have been a young teenager and below the age of consent! Much more likely of course Mary had sex in the usual way with Joseph or another! However, if the deity did have anything to do with her conceiving a child it should have done the decent thing and married her, instead of expecting poor Joseph to pick up the pieces

It annoys me that in times past, and even today, some Christians are very nasty about a girl getting pregnant before marriage, when Mary was in the same boat!

Nature determines when a girl, woman, young lady, etc. Is sexually receptive. Its called the ability to get pregnant. Age of consent is merely cultural and therefore a slow indoctrination through psychological warfare essentially. In the 1950s in the US marrying a 13 year old was acceptable. And just to clarify, paedophilia is sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Hence children that can't get pregnant. The dictionary claims it is directed towards those children that are 11 or younger. So your argument is about as readable "aczdssd a interjected is d right because tonight heshe God.", and that's with auto correct.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 11:04:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why do you people interpret conception as a sexual conception of the physical womb?
How about conceiving something like the truth or light in your mind?
When a "spirit of light" places the "seed of truth" into a heart and mind, ( which is a spiritual womb), the conception is a mental conception and enlightenment.
You readers really need to learn about personification of abstract things like love, truth, light, understanding, etc.
These things are not born like a human baby. They are born of revelation.
It's all about enlightenment and understanding truth, love, light and the way to live in that enlightened state.

Jesus is nothing but a personification of truth.
If you can ever conceive and understand that, then you are on your way to enlightenment when the truth is born in your heart and mind.
Truth was and is and is to come to anyone who seeks for it with all their heart... yesterday today and forever.
ethang5
Posts: 4,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 2:27:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:51:30 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the deity got that poor kid Mary pregnant, it would be considered a paedophile today, as she was likely to have been a young teenager and below the age of consent! Much more likely of course Mary had sex in the usual way with Joseph or another! However, if the deity did have anything to do with her conceiving a child it should have done the decent thing and married her, instead of expecting poor Joseph to pick up the pieces

It annoys me that in times past, and even today, some Christians are very nasty about a girl getting pregnant before marriage, when Mary was in the same boat!

Yawn. If you're going to be a troll, at least be creative and inventive. Haven't you learned anything from bully?
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 2:31:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:27:19 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:51:30 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the deity got that poor kid Mary pregnant, it would be considered a paedophile today, as she was likely to have been a young teenager and below the age of consent! Much more likely of course Mary had sex in the usual way with Joseph or another! However, if the deity did have anything to do with her conceiving a child it should have done the decent thing and married her, instead of expecting poor Joseph to pick up the pieces

It annoys me that in times past, and even today, some Christians are very nasty about a girl getting pregnant before marriage, when Mary was in the same boat!

Yawn. If you're going to be a troll, at least be creative and inventive. Haven't you learned anything from bully?

As thang says, rape is GOOD as long his god says it is.
ethang5
Posts: 4,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 6:45:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:31:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/19/2015 2:27:19 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 10/18/2015 10:51:30 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the deity got that poor kid Mary pregnant, it would be considered a paedophile today, as she was likely to have been a young teenager and below the age of consent! Much more likely of course Mary had sex in the usual way with Joseph or another! However, if the deity did have anything to do with her conceiving a child it should have done the decent thing and married her, instead of expecting poor Joseph to pick up the pieces

It annoys me that in times past, and even today, some Christians are very nasty about a girl getting pregnant before marriage, when Mary was in the same boat!

Yawn. If you're going to be a troll, at least be creative and inventive. Haven't you learned anything from bully?

As thang says, rape is GOOD as long his god says it is.

You go bully! Show that novice how stanky trolling should be done. Pay attention jj, bully didn't get ban hammered just for his good looks you know.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 6:49:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/18/2015 10:51:30 AM, JJ50 wrote:
If the deity got that poor kid Mary pregnant, it would be considered a paedophile today, as she was likely to have been a young teenager and below the age of consent! Much more likely of course Mary had sex in the usual way with Joseph or another! However, if the deity did have anything to do with her conceiving a child it should have done the decent thing and married her, instead of expecting poor Joseph to pick up the pieces

It annoys me that in times past, and even today, some Christians are very nasty about a girl getting pregnant before marriage, when Mary was in the same boat!

I often wonder why that Gabriel geezer didn't get a call from the Child Support Agency.