Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Does Atheism Fulfill You?

bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 3:44:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?
Atheism is the disbelief in gods.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 3:50:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

What a odd question. It's not like I ever asked the nonexistence for fulfillment.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 3:52:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

Does a-atheism fulfill you? ;-)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 10:21:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

How might the absence of belief in gods possibly fullfill soemone?
joetheripper117
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 10:35:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

Elaborate on what you mean by "fullfill"
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out."
-Richard Dawkins
"The onus is on you to say why; the onus is not on the rest of us to say why not."
-Richard Dawkins
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 10:49:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

Does lack of belief in the tooth fairy fulfill you ?

How about lack of belief in Santa or Zeus or any other myths?

Does it make you feel grown up or make you feel like you are missing something like your childhood?

Understanding the difference between fantasy and reality is very fulfilling.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 10:56:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

What an odd question. I disbelieve in the existence of fairies too, but it doesn't dominant my life!
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 10:58:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

Kind of. Being an atheist makes me feel proud of myself to an extent, so I guess it fulfills me in that sense. However, if someone asked what fulfills me in life, I wouldnt answer atheism, but: The love of my family, friends, lovers and pets is what fulfills me. Also other things as music and various entertainments are very fulfilling from time to time.

What does fulfill you?
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 11:19:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 10:58:04 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

Kind of. Being an atheist makes me feel proud of myself to an extent, so I guess it fulfills me in that sense. However, if someone asked what fulfills me in life, I wouldnt answer atheism, but: The love of my family, friends, lovers and pets is what fulfills me. Also other things as music and various entertainments are very fulfilling from time to time.

What does fulfill you?

Sex, lust, greed, and intollerance.
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 9:07:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/20/2015 11:19:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/19/2015 10:58:04 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

Kind of. Being an atheist makes me feel proud of myself to an extent, so I guess it fulfills me in that sense. However, if someone asked what fulfills me in life, I wouldnt answer atheism, but: The love of my family, friends, lovers and pets is what fulfills me. Also other things as music and various entertainments are very fulfilling from time to time.

What does fulfill you?

Sex, lust, greed, and intollerance.

Amateur... What about drugs, eating children and killing people?
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2015 6:10:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 9:07:40 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/20/2015 11:19:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/19/2015 10:58:04 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

Kind of. Being an atheist makes me feel proud of myself to an extent, so I guess it fulfills me in that sense. However, if someone asked what fulfills me in life, I wouldnt answer atheism, but: The love of my family, friends, lovers and pets is what fulfills me. Also other things as music and various entertainments are very fulfilling from time to time.

What does fulfill you?

Sex, lust, greed, and intollerance.

Amateur... What about drugs, eating children and killing people?

Gobbling newborn animals, catching flies in my web, and torturing midgets
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2015 6:25:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

Critical thought does.

It offers freedom from the dishonesty, conceit and laziness of others.
kasmic
Posts: 1,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2015 8:14:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

I will say that 20 plus years of practicing religion did not fulfill me.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 5:53:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/27/2015 6:10:14 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/21/2015 9:07:40 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/20/2015 11:19:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/19/2015 10:58:04 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

Kind of. Being an atheist makes me feel proud of myself to an extent, so I guess it fulfills me in that sense. However, if someone asked what fulfills me in life, I wouldnt answer atheism, but: The love of my family, friends, lovers and pets is what fulfills me. Also other things as music and various entertainments are very fulfilling from time to time.

What does fulfill you?

Sex, lust, greed, and intollerance.

Amateur... What about drugs, eating children and killing people?

Gobbling newborn animals, catching flies in my web, and torturing midgets

Do you believe in vampire monkeys with wings?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 5:12:57 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/28/2015 5:53:57 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/27/2015 6:10:14 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/21/2015 9:07:40 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/20/2015 11:19:33 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/19/2015 10:58:04 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/19/2015 2:13:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Does Atheism fulfill you?

Kind of. Being an atheist makes me feel proud of myself to an extent, so I guess it fulfills me in that sense. However, if someone asked what fulfills me in life, I wouldnt answer atheism, but: The love of my family, friends, lovers and pets is what fulfills me. Also other things as music and various entertainments are very fulfilling from time to time.

What does fulfill you?

Sex, lust, greed, and intollerance.

Amateur... What about drugs, eating children and killing people?

Gobbling newborn animals, catching flies in my web, and torturing midgets

Do you believe in vampire monkeys with wings?

Nope. My mythology is much greater than that. I believe that consciousness evolved from absolutely nothing. There was a bang somewhere, some microbes grew legs, penises, and vaginas, asexual entities turned into heterosexual entities for no reason, I will one day become fertilizer for the Earth, I will then grow into a ficas tree, and when chopped down and ground into paper, someone will print the Bible on me.