Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Is there a god.

Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 12:51:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

Is there a god?
My answer:

I do not know.

I am however an atheist towards the Jewish, Christian and Muslim God(s).
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 2:38:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've yet to see any real evidence of one, to be honest. I can't say that there isn't, but the lack of evidence is quite compelling for using that as a base for thought and action.
janesix
Posts: 3,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 7:01:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

I am nearly positive there is a God. Although I can't be 100 percent certain. There is plenty of evidence for God. There isn't much in the way of evidence, though, to determine the nature of God.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2015 8:26:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

I know Love, so there must be God. :)
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 2:56:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

I would say no... it is not logical to think that there is one magical super being looking out for us, or have anything to do with us in general. Except, if your definition of god is you... i would say an argument can be made that it is.

Is there anything beyond this? I would say that an argument can be made that there is. However, it will be speculation... so, i think the answer really only matters to you. How you define the spiritual... your definition is likely the right answer.
UniversalTheologian
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 3:05:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If you understand the definition of God, it's pretty evident that God exists.

Full Definition of GOD

1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as
a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2 : a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
3 : a person or thing of supreme value
4 : a powerful ruler
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2015 3:25:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.
Yes. Why, because its true. And no, people aren't going to burn in hell for eternity if they currently don't believe there is a God or not. The soul thinks and can decide also. Remember that, your soul will have freedom to chose or deny God once you see Gods' representative(s) spirit to spirit.
And if you want evidence, sorry I'm stingy. I think the world is more interesting the less people know there is a God so I'm not going to prove it to you. God might if you seek his proof honestly and sincerely and if seeking isn't the limit to Gods plan for you. You do know that is Gods plan for some people. To seek all their lives but to never truly get the answer until after death. Don't worry, God also has a plan for people to act like or think they are not seeking but who are in actuality continuously bringing God up. Kind of ingenious don't you think? Have people so sure there isn't a God that they are engaging people constantly to talk about God. Remember, saying there isn't a God is still talking about God....lol...now that's divine wisdom......ok don't respond, I really don't like the same old tired stock responses I've heard time and time again. Unless of course you want to say nobody ever explained God to you the way I just did. That will at least let me know I'm doing what is expected of me from God. Even though I already know it is. Lol
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 1:24:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

It all depends on a persons definition and perception of the word God.

God can be a mythical character or be an anthropomorphism of life itself.
If you define God as Love or Life, those things obviously exist in reality.
Mythical characters also exist but not in reality. They exist in human imagination and fantasies.
nueron
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 1:39:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why. : :

Yes, there is a God. I've been speaking for Him for the past 7 years.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 1:54:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 1:39:46 AM, nueron wrote:
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why. : :

Yes, there is a God. I've been speaking for Him for the past 7 years.

God needs to cultivate a little better taste in spokesmen, if that's the case.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 1:55:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

There is a God. Seen Jesus. Heard the Lord's voice. Had fire flow over me. Survived deadly situations a dozen times, to include a parachute malfunction and bombs.

I know there is a complete lack of evidence for life coming from natural environments. All so called evidence for "abiogenesis" is blind-eye wishful thinking. Life comes from an intelligently governed process.

Nothing we know of time and space makes God impossible. Actually what we know of time and space explains the perfectly the attributes we would expect a God to have. omniscient, ect...

"Man is the measure of all things." -Protagoras

Such a quote should be readily acceptable to an Atheist that thinks all things are subjective and relative. (well I guess just the stuff you don't see in this year's edition of a science book).

But I take it a step forward. I know there is a God as well as I accept any other truth. There is an amount of evidence, arguments, and justifications to suspend my doubt in such an entity.
OctoberSky
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 3:13:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
*My answer: There is a God.

*My bias:
I recognize that I have a bias, and understand others do to. I am a raised Christian, though I have doubted, and no longer do so. I have seen, heard and experienced other religions (perhaps not all, but some) such a buddhism and hinduism. I have true christian friends, but also the other end of the spectrum, true atheist friends, and I have seen many sides of what my life has had to offer me.

*Summary:
In my belief/opinion there is one almighty God, who is written about in the bible and is expressed through hinduists, christians, catholics, jews and perhaps more religions. It is your choice to believe in him, or to not. I'm not asking you to convert, but you should recognise that putting what you want to believe before what you think/know you should, is a very real thing.

*My words of advice:
"Remember your morals and ideas, and break down walls of total disbelief, resentful emotions, or past experiences, before you truly decide what you believe in. Forget titles, and be true to yourself about it."

*why I think/believe this to be true:
I have debated this many times in my head, but I always come back to it. There is one "almighty" "powerful" "bae", however you like to call it, God. He is complicated, but also really simple to understand. He is caring, compassionate, personal, loving and beyond. God (is not actually gender specific, and has been called "he, she, mother, father," but is mainly referred to as God.) The bible also doesn't contradict science directly, and in passages is scientifically, and historically correct. (though, I must point out I do not know every word and sentence in the bible, so you may comment on that.) the reason I believe this is because I do. God is what I have known, thought about, connected with, strayed from, came back to, observed, thought about again, prayed to, and in the end decided, when being true to myself that he/she/it, God is real.

Thanks for reading,
and feel free to ask me any questions that you'd like.
lannan13
Posts: 23,107
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 5:34:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

Yes, I can but I don't have the character space to do it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
tejretics
Posts: 6,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 5:43:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 5:34:46 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

Yes, I can but I don't have the character space to do it.

Continue it in more posts. It would take two forum posts at most. Just put (contd.) at the beginning of the second post.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 6:54:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

the flying spaghetti monster created the universe
that is why planets look like meatballs
how can you deny such obvious evidence?
graceofgod
Posts: 5,101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 8:24:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

I would say yes... the God of the bible...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 9:02:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god?

What is a god, LM? How would you recognise it?

Is it just some sort of metaphysical being?
If so, how could you tell a god from a spirit, or demon?

Is it a metaphysical being that creates things?
If so, does that make it intelligent, kind, wise, fair, interested in humanity or you?
Would it have to even like you?

If there were a god, how could you know there aren't more?
If a god is metaphysical, can it manifest in more than one place at the same time?
If so, how could you be sure how many there are?

Can it change the way it manifests appearance, behaviour?
If so, how could you know which one it was?

Can it change history, memory, evidence?
If so, how could you know whether it was lying or telling the truth?

Does it create miracles?
If so, how can you tell a miracle from a natural phenomenon you don't understand?
Also, how can you tell whether it caused the miracle, or something else did, and it's taking the credit?

Even if there were metaphysical beings, how could you be confident of anything about them? How could you satisfy yourself that your guesses were true?

Why would you worship a being you couldn't be sure of?
Would it be from greed? Fear? Desperation?
Would that worship be sincere, or merely subservient?
Would it be moral, or merely cynical and opportunistic?

Would it be okay not to worship it? If not, why not?
And if you don't worship a metaphysical being, is it still a god, or just some alien power?
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 7:01:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

There are gods beyond count. All flowing from the imagination of men.
ProveWhatYouSay
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2015 3:30:15 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/19/2015 11:22:12 AM, logical-master123 wrote:
This is a question I always don't know. Is there a god? Can you please tell me why.

Construct a circle in your mind. You will see that it is actually not a circle, but a sheer that you actually can not see in its entirety. What is the radius? Diameter? Fully explain infinite.

No matter how good you get at drawing circle, you will never be able to draw one as perfect as the one in your mind. Thinner lines, magnification etc. Yet you see this object in your mind perfectly. You know infinity exists, but your mind can only fully understand finite. Physical things have a beginning and an end.

These things are evident through hypothesis. Perfection. Something you can not physically demonstrate. Still you observe it in your mind, telling you that there is something beyond your ability to fully understand or demonstrate.

The question is not whether or not there is a God, but rather defining more and more of that entity of which you do not have the capability to fully understand.

When you speak to a dog, the dog hears everything you say, but is missing the capability to understand you fully. In much the same way, we know there is something beyond us, but we do not posses the ability to fully understand it. Striving to reach that perfection is our constant quest.