Total Posts:87|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Existence

Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 12:01:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
All things that exist declare "I am that I am " simply by existing.

Existence was and is and is to come.
janesix
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 7:37:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?

What is reality to you?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 3:29:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/23/2015 7:37:46 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?

What is reality to you?

Existence.
What is reality to you ?
ironslippers
Posts: 513
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 6:28:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?

To me reality is a television show, Survivor.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 5:38:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/24/2015 6:28:27 AM, ironslippers wrote:
At 10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?

To me reality is a television show, Survivor.

Very funny.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 1:53:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?
I live in reality.
You make up your own mind, if you have one in your reality.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
trojan
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 2:22:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/25/2015 1:46:54 PM, JJ50 wrote:
Maybe none of us really exist, we are just characters in a cyber-game! : :

Don't say maybe.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 10:31:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/25/2015 1:53:11 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?
I live in reality.
You make up your own mind, if you have one in your reality.

What does your reality consist of ?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 10:34:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/25/2015 1:46:54 PM, JJ50 wrote:
Maybe none of us really exist, we are just characters in a cyber-game!

Humans have created games.
Are games real?
Do characters in a cyber game exist in the game or not?
If you did not exist, why do you have self awareness or any awareness of existence at all?
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 2:16:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
You don't exist. Except in God's mind. That's why you are physically made up of subatomic electric particles. Much like what you see if you close your eyes tightly for a bit and begin to see motion of particles moving and in mass. Those particles moving in motion equal the finiteness of you in reality. You are particles in mass and in motion. You are no more real than the interpratory thoughts that drift through your mind. And that is science. But it is the part Atheists hide under a blanket hoping it all goes away and does npt intefere with their faith in politically and money driven so called science. And even the distorted and twisted bs versions of science give no answer to anything.
Aayankhan
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 6:20:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The real world is the place in which one actually must live and the circumstances with which one actually must deal. An example of the real world is the life you are living right now, as opposed to the life you wish to live some day.
Fantasy is a noun that means imagination unrestricted by reality. A fantasy is something you imagine, which might involve dragons, unicorns, or an imaginary best friend. If you live in a fantasy world, you're not worrying much about reality " pleasant, maybe, but not very practical.
janesix
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 6:47:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/24/2015 3:29:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/23/2015 7:37:46 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?

What is reality to you?

Existence.
What is reality to you ?

I don't know.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 9:29:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 6:47:34 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/24/2015 3:29:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/23/2015 7:37:46 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?

What is reality to you?

Existence.
What is reality to you ?

I don't know.

Why don't you know? Can't you find an answer for yourself ?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 9:48:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Existence is the only reality that matters. I think therefore I am! Our consciousness expands our reality as it transcends our ego and we become aware of the larger consciousness that exists beyond our transitional existence which is more permanent and less subject to our finite experiences.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 9:52:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 9:29:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/26/2015 6:47:34 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/24/2015 3:29:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/23/2015 7:37:46 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?

What is reality to you?

Existence.
What is reality to you ?

I don't know.

Why don't you know? Can't you find an answer for yourself ?

You make the same stupid comment to everyone? You a complete idiot, You pretend that you have this great knowledge that the rest of us need to figure out because we don't share your superior level of consciousness. Time to take a good look at yourself.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 10:17:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 9:52:26 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

You make the same stupid comment to everyone? You a complete idiot, You pretend that you have this great knowledge that the rest of us need to figure out because we don't share your superior level of consciousness. Time to take a good look at yourself.

If you don't share my superior level of consciousness, ( which is your judgement of me, not mine. ) then you are the one who needs to take a look at yourself. If you wish to attain to a higher level of consciousness than you are currently at, instead of trying to bring down those who have attained a higher level than you, make an effort to grow up and achieve the same level.
If a complete idiot has a higher level of consciousness than you do, what does that make you ?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 10:33:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 10:17:56 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/26/2015 9:52:26 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

You make the same stupid comment to everyone? You a complete idiot, You pretend that you have this great knowledge that the rest of us need to figure out because we don't share your superior level of consciousness. Time to take a good look at yourself.

If you don't share my superior level of consciousness, ( which is your judgement of me, not mine. ) then you are the one who needs to take a look at yourself. If you wish to attain to a higher level of consciousness than you are currently at, instead of trying to bring down those who have attained a higher level than you, make an effort to grow up and achieve the same level.
If a complete idiot has a higher level of consciousness than you do, what does that make you ?
It makes him a poor judge of idiots.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 10:42:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 9:48:59 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Existence is the only reality that matters. I think therefore I am! Our consciousness expands our reality as it transcends our ego and we become aware of the larger consciousness that exists beyond our transitional existence which is more permanent and less subject to our finite experiences.

The phrase " I think, therefore I am " might apply to a few humans but many things do not think and they still exist. eg plants, bacteria, wind, ..... etc.
I am sure you can manage to think of many existing things which are without thinking abilities. Therefore thinking has very little to do with existence.
Existing thing simply are and all declare "I AM that I AM" by their very being. No thinking involved.

Human reality is subject to human perception. It seems obvious that not all humans perceive their personal reality in the same way. Not all human consciences have the same morals and standards.
As for any larger consciousness than individual human consciousness, the only larger one would be a combination of all the individual ones. The individual body is conscious of self. The corporate body is conscious of all and considers others as well as self and sometimes considers them as more important than self.
Understanding we are part of the whole corporate body gives one a greater perspective on the reality of the existence of life, before birth ( the beginning ) and after death (the end).
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 10:48:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 10:33:03 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 10/26/2015 10:17:56 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/26/2015 9:52:26 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

You make the same stupid comment to everyone? You a complete idiot, You pretend that you have this great knowledge that the rest of us need to figure out because we don't share your superior level of consciousness. Time to take a good look at yourself.

If you don't share my superior level of consciousness, ( which is your judgement of me, not mine. ) then you are the one who needs to take a look at yourself. If you wish to attain to a higher level of consciousness than you are currently at, instead of trying to bring down those who have attained a higher level than you, make an effort to grow up and achieve the same level.
If a complete idiot has a higher level of consciousness than you do, what does that make you ?
It makes him a poor judge of idiots.

I was thinking more along the lines that he must also be an idiot with a few "marbles" missing since he obviously feels incomplete. At least he sees me as complete. Complete is obviously superior to incomplete. ;-)

I find it amusing that people see a reflection of themselves in me and don't even realize they are looking at their own reflection.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 11:00:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 10:48:23 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/26/2015 10:33:03 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 10/26/2015 10:17:56 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/26/2015 9:52:26 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

You make the same stupid comment to everyone? You a complete idiot, You pretend that you have this great knowledge that the rest of us need to figure out because we don't share your superior level of consciousness. Time to take a good look at yourself.

If you don't share my superior level of consciousness, ( which is your judgement of me, not mine. ) then you are the one who needs to take a look at yourself. If you wish to attain to a higher level of consciousness than you are currently at, instead of trying to bring down those who have attained a higher level than you, make an effort to grow up and achieve the same level.
If a complete idiot has a higher level of consciousness than you do, what does that make you ?
It makes him a poor judge of idiots.

I was thinking more along the lines that he must also be an idiot with a few "marbles" missing since he obviously feels incomplete. At least he sees me as complete. Complete is obviously superior to incomplete. ;-)

I find it amusing that people see a reflection of themselves in me and don't even realize they are looking at their own reflection.

He does come across as someone who suffers from penis envy. But that might include strap-ons as well. That is what he sees in your reflection.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2015 1:37:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 10:17:56 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/26/2015 9:52:26 PM, lotsoffun wrote:

You make the same stupid comment to everyone? You a complete idiot, You pretend that you have this great knowledge that the rest of us need to figure out because we don't share your superior level of consciousness. Time to take a good look at yourself.

If you don't share my superior level of consciousness, ( which is your judgement of me, not mine. ) then you are the one who needs to take a look at yourself. If you wish to attain to a higher level of consciousness than you are currently at, instead of trying to bring down those who have attained a higher level than you, make an effort to grow up and achieve the same level.
If a complete idiot has a higher level of consciousness than you do, what does that make you ?

You have it totally wrong. I certainly don't think you are superior or have a higher state of consciousness. All I see is that you use the same tactic with people. You accuse them of needing to grow up and reach for your delusional state of perceived superiority. If you were really of a higher state of consciousness you wouldn't condescend everyone. You are very sad. I feel pity for you. In fact, you are the one who needs to grow up. False arrogance is not a good trait in anyone.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2015 2:50:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
they are not for your ears,

butt to each their own...
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
janesix
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2015 6:52:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 9:29:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/26/2015 6:47:34 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/24/2015 3:29:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/23/2015 7:37:46 PM, janesix wrote:
At 10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?

What is reality to you?

Existence.
What is reality to you ?

I don't know.

Why don't you know? Can't you find an answer for yourself ?

No, still looking.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 12:29:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 10:42:00 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/26/2015 9:48:59 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Existence is the only reality that matters. I think therefore I am! Our consciousness expands our reality as it transcends our ego and we become aware of the larger consciousness that exists beyond our transitional existence which is more permanent and less subject to our finite experiences.

The phrase " I think, therefore I am " might apply to a few humans but many things do not think and they still exist. eg plants, bacteria, wind, ..... etc.
I am sure you can manage to think of many existing things which are without thinking abilities. Therefore thinking has very little to do with existence.
Every living organism process information. It may be at different levels. But it would s essential they do for their survival.

Existing thing simply are and all declare "I AM that I AM" by their very being. No thinking involved.

Animals, trees are aware of their surroundings are are able to communicate with each other (example trees with trees). So it does not stop at I AM that I AM. Intelligence and information processing are essential and what makes life unique versus inanimate objects.

Human reality is subject to human perception. It seems obvious that not all humans perceive their personal reality in the same way. Not all human consciences have the same morals and standards.
As for any larger consciousness than individual human consciousness, the only larger one would be a combination of all the individual ones. The individual body is conscious of self. The corporate body is conscious of all and considers others as well as self and sometimes considers them as more important than self.
This goes against our understanding of self. We can only experience for ourselves and our knowledge is based on our experiences which is very unique to each individual.

Understanding we are part of the whole corporate body gives one a greater perspective on the reality of the existence of life, before birth ( the beginning ) and after death (the end).
This is all possible only because we exist. I think therefore I am is the only reality that is shaped by our experiences.
To think beyond the self is not automatic. We are only good as the knowledge we hold. There isn't even a collective conscience. We are accountable only for our own actions.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 1:21:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 2:10:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Existence obviously has many different aspects.

All things that humans can imagine, do exist even if they do not exist in visible reality.
Some things obviously exist in the imaginations and minds of people. Those things exist in human fantasy or delusions.

Imaginations exist.

Fantasy exists.

Belief in ones own thoughts, imaginations and fantasies can obviously be the cause of self deception when ones thoughts are based in fantasy and not in reality.

Do you exist in a fantasy world or a real world and can you even tell the difference between them?

You know me and my love of fantasy worlds... but, this question "should" be answered both; knowing that fantasy is hope, fun, creativity, etc...but it doesn't exist the way you want in reality. Reality is your fantasy world; this paradise, human experience. Accepting both, imho, will make you stronger person.

I have a quote i wrote on twitter (;p ya i have one) I wrote: There is a truth that correlates with both dreams and reality: You can be in full control once you are fully conscious; fully self-aware.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 2:54:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/28/2015 12:29:33 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 10/26/2015 10:42:00 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/26/2015 9:48:59 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Existence is the only reality that matters. I think therefore I am! Our consciousness expands our reality as it transcends our ego and we become aware of the larger consciousness that exists beyond our transitional existence which is more permanent and less subject to our finite experiences.

The phrase " I think, therefore I am " might apply to a few humans but many things do not think and they still exist. eg plants, bacteria, wind, ..... etc.
I am sure you can manage to think of many existing things which are without thinking abilities. Therefore thinking has very little to do with existence.
Every living organism process information. It may be at different levels. But it would s essential they do for their survival.

Is the processing of information without a brain the same as thinking in your perception?

Existing thing simply are and all declare "I AM that I AM" by their very being. No thinking involved.

Animals, trees are aware of their surroundings are are able to communicate with each other (example trees with trees). So it does not stop at I AM that I AM. Intelligence and information processing are essential and what makes life unique versus inanimate objects.

Please explain what you mean by trees being "aware" of anything? I have never noticed trees communicating with trees. In what way do you perceive them communicating with each other?

Human reality is subject to human perception. It seems obvious that not all humans perceive their personal reality in the same way. Not all human consciences have the same morals and standards.
As for any larger consciousness than individual human consciousness, the only larger one would be a combination of all the individual ones. The individual body is conscious of self. The corporate body is conscious of all and considers others as well as self and sometimes considers them as more important than self.

This goes against our understanding of self. We can only experience for ourselves and our knowledge is based on our experiences which is very unique to each individual.

It doesn't go against my understanding of self. How and why does it go against yours?

Understanding we are part of the whole corporate body gives one a greater perspective on the reality of the existence of life, before birth ( the beginning ) and after death (the end).
This is all possible only because we exist. I think therefore I am is the only reality that is shaped by our experiences.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I still think many living things exist without thinking. To be, or to exist, does not require one to think at all.
Are plants self aware and "know" they exist? If you think they do, explain HOW they "know" they exist since they have no brains.

To think beyond the self is not automatic. We are only good as the knowledge we hold. There isn't even a collective conscience. We are accountable only for our own actions.

If a group of people all hold the same morals and agree on the same laws regarding what is good and bad, I would say that qualifies as a collective conscience.
It does in my perception anyway. If it doesn't in yours, please explain why.

Yes we are accountable for our own actions but who do you think we are accountable to, if not to collective conscience, laws and standards of humanity? After all, it is the rest of the world which judges us as good or evil and attempts to make us feel guilty or encourages us depending on whether they perceive our actions and words as good or bad, right or wrong. That makes humans Gods due to making laws, creating ultimate human authorities and being judge and jury over themselves and other people. Humans are law makers as well as law breakers.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2015 2:37:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/28/2015 2:54:11 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/28/2015 12:29:33 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 10/26/2015 10:42:00 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/26/2015 9:48:59 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Existence is the only reality that matters. I think therefore I am! Our consciousness expands our reality as it transcends our ego and we become aware of the larger consciousness that exists beyond our transitional existence which is more permanent and less subject to our finite experiences.

The phrase " I think, therefore I am " might apply to a few humans but many things do not think and they still exist. eg plants, bacteria, wind, ..... etc.
I am sure you can manage to think of many existing things which are without thinking abilities. Therefore thinking has very little to do with existence.
Every living organism process information. It may be at different levels. But it would be essential they do for their survival.

Is the processing of information without a brain the same as thinking in your perception?

Who said you need a brain to process information?
Read what was said: " Every living organism process information. It may be at different levels. But it would be essential they do for their survival."


Existing thing simply are and all declare "I AM that I AM" by their very being. No thinking involved.

Animals, trees are aware of their surroundings are are able to communicate with each other (example trees with trees). So it does not stop at I AM that I AM. Intelligence and information processing are essential and what makes life unique versus inanimate objects.

Please explain what you mean by trees being "aware" of anything? I have never noticed trees communicating with trees. In what way do you perceive them communicating with each other?

You knowledge is very limited to effectively participate in intelligent discussions on DDO. Your age too might be working against you. Most of the stuff you claim to know are outdated and obsolete. You stand a lot to gain from listening to the younger better informed members and very little to contribute from your personal experience which appears very limited and shallow.

"The evidence for plant communication is only a few decades old, but in that short time it has leapfrogged from electrifying discovery to decisive debunking to resurrection. Two studies published in 1983 demonstrated that willow trees, poplars and sugar maples can warn each other about insect attacks: Intact, undamaged trees near ones that are infested with hungry bugs begin pumping out bug-repelling chemicals to ward off attack. They somehow know what their neighbors are experiencing, and react to it. The mind-bending implication was that brainless trees could send, receive and interpret messages."
https://www.quantamagazine.org...

Human reality is subject to human perception. It seems obvious that not all humans perceive their personal reality in the same way. Not all human consciences have the same morals and standards.
As for any larger consciousness than individual human consciousness, the only larger one would be a combination of all the individual ones. The individual body is conscious of self. The corporate body is conscious of all and considers others as well as self and sometimes considers them as more important than self.

This goes against our understanding of self. We can only experience for ourselves and our knowledge is based on our experiences which is very unique to each individual.

It doesn't go against my understanding of self. How and why does it go against yours?

You presented a catch all explanation of your understanding of self. It iwas poorly articulated and unnecessarily verbose. Reading a few good books on the subject "The Theory of Self" might help you develop one.

Understanding we are part of the whole corporate body gives one a greater perspective on the reality of the existence of life, before birth ( the beginning ) and after death (the end).

This is all possible only because we exist. I think therefore I am is the only reality that is shaped by our experiences.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I still think many living things exist without thinking. To be, or to exist, does not require one to think at all.
Are plants self aware and "know" they exist? If you think they do, explain HOW they "know" they exist since they have no brains.

New research is showing that plants have astounding abilities to sense and react to the world.
But can a plant be intelligent? Some plant scientists insist they are " since they can sense, learn, remember and even react in ways that would be familiar to humans.

Michael Pollan, author of such books as "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and "The Botany of Desire," wrote the New Yorker piece about the developments in plant science. He says for the longest time, even mentioning the idea that plants could be intelligent was a quick way to being labeled "a whacko." But no more, which might be comforting to people who have long talked to their plants or played music for them.

The new research, he says, is in a field called plant neurobiology " which is something of a misnomer, because even scientists in the field don't argue that plants have neurons or brains.
"They have analagous structures," Pollan explains. "They have ways of taking all the sensory data they gather in their everyday lives ... integrate it and then behave in an appropriate way in response. And they do this without brains, which, in a way, is what's incredible about it, because we automatically assume you need a brain to process information."
To think beyond the self is not automatic. We are only good as the knowledge we hold. There isn't even a collective conscience. We are accountable only for our own actions.

If a group of people all hold the same morals and agree on the same laws regarding what is good and bad, I would say that qualifies as a collective conscience.
It does in my perception anyway. If it doesn't in yours, please explain why.

Laws are not reflective of a collective conscience. They are legal guidelines for social and individual conduct and individual rights.
We all have the right to be a conscientious objector and exclude ourselves from any collective decision.

Yes we are accountable for our own actions but who do you think we are accountable to, if not to collective conscience, laws and standards of humanity? After all, it is the rest of the world which judges us as good or evil and attempts to make us feel guilty or encourages us depending on whether they perceive our actions and words as good or bad, right or wrong. That makes humans Gods due to making laws, creating ultimate human authorities and being judge and jury over themselves and other people. Humans are law makers as well as law breakers.
You really should improve your writing and reasoning. You are woefully inadequate to participate in an intelligent discussion.