Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Satan VS God

SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
People have (rightly) pointed out the horrible things the Bible says God did. People have also pointed out that in the Bible that God killed MANY more than Satan. Furthermore, if the Serpent is Satan (from Genesis) then Satan was honest and God lied (when God said that they would die if they ate the fruit and Satan said they would gain knowledge).

So, this thread's purpose...
Using Biblical passages as evidence, what horrible things did Satan do? What horrible things did God do?

Based off that, which interpretation is more correct:
1) God is the good guy and Satan is evil
2) God is an evil god and Satan is an anti-hero
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:12:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Satans intent is to go to hell eventually which is evil bcuz nobody want to be burned... Gods aim is to reach heaven and to enjoy forever... whether its by girls (:D) bmx or playing call of duty there for eternity now thats sounds awesome to me
Never fart near dog
dee-em
Posts: 6,476
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:29:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:12:18 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Satans intent is to go to hell eventually which is evil bcuz nobody want to be burned... Gods aim is to reach heaven and to enjoy forever... whether its by girls (:D) bmx or playing call of duty there for eternity now thats sounds awesome to me

Who is worse, the caretaker who looks after Hell or the arbiter who sends people there for punishment fully knowing what the punishment will be?

It's like complaining about the prison warden maintaining a jail when it is the courts and the justice system which send miscreants there for punishment.

Do you really expect heaven is going to be having hot sex on a bike whilst playing first person shooting games? Lol.
dee-em
Posts: 6,476
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:30:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:12:47 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
and for that God is good satan can eat piece of sh1t

Christians. The stupid, it burns.
dee-em
Posts: 6,476
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:32:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:30:23 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 10/22/2015 3:12:47 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
and for that God is good satan can eat piece of sh1t

Christians. The stupid, it burns.

I see you are a Muslim. Make that "Theists. The stupid, it burns".
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 3:45:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
People have (rightly) pointed out the horrible things the Bible says God did. People have also pointed out that in the Bible that God killed MANY more than Satan. Furthermore, if the Serpent is Satan (from Genesis) then Satan was honest and God lied (when God said that they would die if they ate the fruit and Satan said they would gain knowledge).

So, this thread's purpose...
Using Biblical passages as evidence, what horrible things did Satan do? What horrible things did God do?

Based off that, which interpretation is more correct:
1) God is the good guy and Satan is evil
2) God is an evil god and Satan is an anti-hero

Satan is a creation of mankind. There are fallen beings though, filled with rage and evil because they are cut off from the creators light. This is all an illusion though. They rebelled against the oneness of all things and believe they can exist without the creator. They can't, but they all are capable of turning around and starting the journey back.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 12:22:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 3:45:49 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
People have (rightly) pointed out the horrible things the Bible says God did. People have also pointed out that in the Bible that God killed MANY more than Satan. Furthermore, if the Serpent is Satan (from Genesis) then Satan was honest and God lied (when God said that they would die if they ate the fruit and Satan said they would gain knowledge).

So, this thread's purpose...
Using Biblical passages as evidence, what horrible things did Satan do? What horrible things did God do?

Based off that, which interpretation is more correct:
1) God is the good guy and Satan is evil
2) God is an evil god and Satan is an anti-hero

Satan is a creation of mankind.
As are all the gods you believe in, sorry about that but it is a fact.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 5:20:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
People have (rightly) pointed out the horrible things the Bible says God did. People have also pointed out that in the Bible that God killed MANY more than Satan. Furthermore, if the Serpent is Satan (from Genesis) then Satan was honest and God lied (when God said that they would die if they ate the fruit and Satan said they would gain knowledge).

So, this thread's purpose...
Using Biblical passages as evidence, what horrible things did Satan do? What horrible things did God do?

Based off that, which interpretation is more correct:
1) God is the good guy and Satan is evil
2) God is an evil god and Satan is an anti-hero

Here is some nice stuff about the God of the Bible.

My Child,

You may not know me,
but I know everything about you.
Psalm 139:1

I know when you sit down and when you rise up.
Psalm 139:2

I am familiar with all your ways.
Psalm 139:3

Even the very hairs on your head are numbered.
Matthew 10:29-31

For you were made in my image.
Genesis 1:27

In me you live and move and have your being.
Acts 17:28

For you are my offspring.
Acts 17:28

I knew you even before you were conceived.
Jeremiah 1:4-5

I chose you when I planned creation.
Ephesians 1:11-12

You were not a mistake,
for all your days are written in my book.
Psalm 139:15-16

I determined the exact time of your birth
and where you would live.
Acts 17:26

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139:14

I knit you together in your mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13

And brought you forth on the day you were born.
Psalm 71:6

I have been misrepresented
by those who don't know me.
John 8:41-44

I am not distant and angry,
but am the complete expression of love.
1 John 4:16

And it is my desire to lavish my love on you.
1 John 3:1

Simply because you are my child
and I am your Father.
1 John 3:1

I offer you more than your earthly father ever could.
Matthew 7:11

For I am the perfect father.
Matthew 5:48

Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand.
James 1:17

For I am your provider and I meet all your needs.
Matthew 6:31-33

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope.
Jeremiah 29:11

Because I love you with an everlasting love.
Jeremiah 31:3

My thoughts toward you are countless
as the sand on the seashore.
Psalms 139:17-18

And I rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

I will never stop doing good to you.
Jeremiah 32:40

For you are my treasured possession.
Exodus 19:5

I desire to establish you
with all my heart and all my soul.
Jeremiah 32:41

And I want to show you great and marvelous things.
Jeremiah 33:3

If you seek me with all your heart,
you will find me.
Deuteronomy 4:29

Delight in me and I will give you
the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

For it is I who gave you those desires.
Philippians 2:13

I am able to do more for you
than you could possibly imagine.
Ephesians 3:20

For I am your greatest encourager.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

I am also the Father who comforts you
in all your troubles.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

When you are brokenhearted,
I am close to you.
Psalm 34:18

As a shepherd carries a lamb,
I have carried you close to my heart.
Isaiah 40:11

One day I will wipe away
every tear from your eyes.
Revelation 21:3-4

And I'll take away all the pain
you have suffered on this earth.
Revelation 21:3-4

I am your Father, and I love you
even as I love my son, Jesus.
John 17:23

For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed.
John 17:26

He is the exact representation of my being.
Hebrews 1:3

He came to demonstrate that I am for you,
not against you.
Romans 8:31

And to tell you that I am not counting your sins.
2 Corinthians 5:18-19

Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled.
2 Corinthians 5:18-19

His death was the ultimate expression
of my love for you.
1 John 4:10

I gave up everything I loved
that I might gain your love.
Romans 8:31-32

If you receive the gift of my son Jesus,
you receive me.
1 John 2:23

And nothing will ever separate you
from my love again.
Romans 8:38-39

Come home and I'll throw the biggest party
heaven has ever seen.
Luke 15:7

I have always been Father,
and will always be Father.
Ephesians 3:14-15

My question is"
Will you be my child?
John 1:12-13

I am waiting for you.
Luke 15:11-32

Love, Your Dad
Almighty God
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 5:22:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 5:20:31 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Did you not read the OP? Obviously not since your quotes have no relevance to the op.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Gaetan
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 5:29:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
People have (rightly) pointed out the horrible things the Bible says God did. People have also pointed out that in the Bible that God killed MANY more than Satan. Furthermore, if the Serpent is Satan (from Genesis) then Satan was honest and God lied (when God said that they would die if they ate the fruit and Satan said they would gain knowledge).

You are wrong, the god of the pentateuque, Moses books, is the evil, the true God is the God of the gospels
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 5:32:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 5:29:14 PM, Gaetan wrote:
At 10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
People have (rightly) pointed out the horrible things the Bible says God did. People have also pointed out that in the Bible that God killed MANY more than Satan. Furthermore, if the Serpent is Satan (from Genesis) then Satan was honest and God lied (when God said that they would die if they ate the fruit and Satan said they would gain knowledge).

You are wrong, the god of the pentateuque, Moses books, is the evil, the true God is the God of the gospels

Are you a Simonian, Gnostic, or Marcionite?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 5:32:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 5:22:08 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/22/2015 5:20:31 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Did you not read the OP? Obviously not since your quotes have no relevance to the op.

Sorry for going of topic, I have nothing relevant to the Op.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 5:33:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 5:32:30 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 10/22/2015 5:22:08 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/22/2015 5:20:31 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Did you not read the OP? Obviously not since your quotes have no relevance to the op.

Sorry for going of topic, I have nothing relevant to the Op.

If you have nothing relevant then don't post. That is common sense.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 6:34:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm sure you're all acquainted with the standard apologetics by now:
God did not lie because Adam and Eve died spiritually on that day.

Now, take the flood. Not only is there no evidence for it, there's plenty of evidence against it. Let's for the sake of argument take it at face value.

God not only kills the entire world population minus eight, He makes sure they die an excruciating death, as is the case with demise by hypoxia . This includes drowning foetus, newborns, infants and mental handicapped, all of which were in no position to understand Noah's message, in no position to either accept or reject it, and in no position to express their views. Moreover, both foetus and newborns were essentially sinless, so they can be viewed as doubly innocent and so twice as wronged.

God went on to destroy a significant portion of the world fauna and flora. Animals and plants destroyed didn't have moral agency and were in no way objects of Divine judgement. They were mere by-standers, but received the agonizing punishment just the same. Imagine, if you will, the grand scale of this ecological crime. It heaps gratuitous infliction of suffering on innocent creatures on top of what was already a tenebrous unjust action towards foetus, newborns, infants and mentally handicapped.

The flood is by no means an isolated incident. God supposedly also had Egyptian male firtsborns, every single one, killed when the quarrel was with Pharaoh, not with them. They were colateral damage. The hand of God doesn't suffer from either the impression nor the carelessness of men.

It was a deliberate act of injustice.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 6:50:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 6:34:08 PM, Hitchian wrote:
I'm sure you're all acquainted with the standard apologetics by now:
God did not lie because Adam and Eve died spiritually on that day.


Now, take the flood. Not only is there no evidence for it, there's plenty of evidence against it. Let's for the sake of argument take it at face value.

God not only kills the entire world population minus eight, He makes sure they die an excruciating death, as is the case with demise by hypoxia . This includes drowning foetus, newborns, infants and mental handicapped, all of which were in no position to understand Noah's message, in no position to either accept or reject it, and in no position to express their views. Moreover, both foetus and newborns were essentially sinless, so they can be viewed as doubly innocent and so twice as wronged.

God went on to destroy a significant portion of the world fauna and flora. Animals and plants destroyed didn't have moral agency and were in no way objects of Divine judgement. They were mere by-standers, but received the agonizing punishment just the same. Imagine, if you will, the grand scale of this ecological crime. It heaps gratuitous infliction of suffering on innocent creatures on top of what was already a tenebrous unjust action towards foetus, newborns, infants and mentally handicapped.

The flood is by no means an isolated incident. God supposedly also had Egyptian male firtsborns, every single one, killed when the quarrel was with Pharaoh, not with them. They were colateral damage. The hand of God doesn't suffer from either the impression nor the carelessness of men.

It was a deliberate act of injustice.

One should also mention that Pharaoh was, on multiple occasions, about to release the Jews when God hardened his heart so he'd refuse. God intentionally set it up so he had an excuse to torment all of the people of Egypt more than was necessary to meet his goal. That's just being sadistic to no purpose.
12_13
Posts: 1,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 6:53:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) God is the good guy and Satan is evil

God is the good guy, because:
1. He has given life also for those who hate him.
2. God has told us how to live well.
3. God is merciful.
4. God doesn"t let unrighteous live eternally and make life eternal suffering.
5. God doesn"t lie.
6. God doesn"t do injustice.
7. God doesn"t do anything evil.

Satan is evil, because
1. He deceived people, which led us to this death. (God told that we shall die with death, if we eat the fruit, and it has happened and we lost life with God).
2. He is sickly evil, because of what he did to Job, just to make Job reject truth and God and to try to show that God is wrong. He failed miserably in his sick torturing endeavor and still people think Satan as hero. How sick is person who keeps evil torturer as hero?
Gaetan
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 7:00:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Spirits knows if there will be flooding or earthquake but they won't give you this information because their world and ours are separated. They are not authorised to give us reliable information of any kind. It is not that they don't do anything to save our live but they don't do it that way, they do it by the Holy Spirit and soul guides without you even notice, people from the other world look after you as much as they can:

Mark 8.11-13:11The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. 12He sighed deeply and said, "Why does this generation ask for a miraculous sign? I tell you the truth, no sign will be given to it."

Matthew 11.25-27 25At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

Luke 16.22-31 22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[3] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'
25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'
27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'
29"Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'
30" 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'
31"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

The signs from heaven are rare. The wise(philosophers) and the learned(scientist) know almost nothing about the spirit world or the heaven. The dead persons come rarely to give us some news. As a matter of fact, we know very few from the life in the spirits" world because this world is hidden to us.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 7:03:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 5:51:17 PM, Gaetan wrote:
: Are you a Simonian, Gnostic, or Marcionite?


No, i am a logical person

I asked because your comment seemed as if you were differentiating the god of the OT and the god of the NT as different, which is similar to those 3 groups I mentioned.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Gaetan
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 7:07:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 7:03:25 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/22/2015 5:51:17 PM, Gaetan wrote:
: Are you a Simonian, Gnostic, or Marcionite?


No, i am a logical person

I asked because your comment seemed as if you were differentiating the god of the OT and the god of the NT as different, which is similar to those 3 groups I mentioned.


I agree with them but i am not their followers
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 7:29:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 6:53:27 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) God is the good guy and Satan is evil

God is the good guy, because:
1. He has given life also for those who hate him.
2. God has told us how to live well.
3. God is merciful.
4. God doesn"t let unrighteous live eternally and make life eternal suffering.
5. God doesn"t lie.
6. God doesn"t do injustice.
7. God doesn"t do anything evil.

Satan is evil, because
1. He deceived people, which led us to this death. (God told that we shall die with death, if we eat the fruit, and it has happened and we lost life with God).
2. He is sickly evil, because of what he did to Job, just to make Job reject truth and God and to try to show that God is wrong. He failed miserably in his sick torturing endeavor and still people think Satan as hero. How sick is person who keeps evil torturer as hero?

Would you consider drowning innocent foetus, newborns and infants to death on purpose a merciful action? A just action? An evil action?
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2015 7:34:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For the sake of this conversation I will presuppose that God and Satan exist.

At 10/22/2015 6:53:27 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
1) God is the good guy and Satan is evil

God is the good guy, because:
1. He has given life also for those who hate him.

Creates mankind with a free will. Demands worship at penalty of eternal torture. And this is good?

2. God has told us how to live well.

God created man stupid. It was Satan who gave us knowledge.

3. God is merciful.

So merciful he killed millions, sends people to hell, etc.

4. God doesn"t let unrighteous live eternally and make life eternal suffering.

Citation please.

5. God doesn"t lie.

Tells Adam that he would die the day he ate from the tree of knowledge. Adam doesn't die the day he ate from the tree. That is just ONE example.

6. God doesn"t do injustice.

Yet he hardened the pharaoh's heart so that the Egyptians would suffer.

7. God doesn"t do anything evil.

Lies, kills, etc.

Satan is evil, because
1. He deceived people, which led us to this death. (God told that we shall die with death, if we eat the fruit, and it has happened and we lost life with God).

Satan didn't lie. He said that we would NOT die that day but gain knowledge.
God said they would die the day they ate the fruit.
When they ate the fruit they didn't die but gained knowledge.

Looks like Satan told the truth and that God lied.

Any other examples of supposed lies told by Satan?

2. He is sickly evil, because of what he did to Job, just to make Job reject truth and God and to try to show that God is wrong.

God TOLD Satan to do that. It was pretty much a bet initiated by God.

He failed miserably in his sick torturing endeavor and still people think Satan as hero. How sick is person who keeps evil torturer as hero?

Remember, the Bible would be what God wants people to know what happened and you can still see atrocities committed by God.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 4:31:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
People have (rightly) pointed out the horrible things the Bible says God did. People have also pointed out that in the Bible that God killed MANY more than Satan. Furthermore, if the Serpent is Satan (from Genesis) then Satan was honest and God lied (when God said that they would die if they ate the fruit and Satan said they would gain knowledge).

So, this thread's purpose...
Using Biblical passages as evidence, what horrible things did Satan do? What horrible things did God do?

Based off that, which interpretation is more correct:
1) God is the good guy and Satan is evil
2) God is an evil god and Satan is an anti-hero

- As you were saying, these are Biblical interpretations, which do not extend to other religions.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 4:50:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/23/2015 4:31:54 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
People have (rightly) pointed out the horrible things the Bible says God did. People have also pointed out that in the Bible that God killed MANY more than Satan. Furthermore, if the Serpent is Satan (from Genesis) then Satan was honest and God lied (when God said that they would die if they ate the fruit and Satan said they would gain knowledge).

So, this thread's purpose...
Using Biblical passages as evidence, what horrible things did Satan do? What horrible things did God do?

Based off that, which interpretation is more correct:
1) God is the good guy and Satan is evil
2) God is an evil god and Satan is an anti-hero

- As you were saying, these are Biblical interpretations, which do not extend to other religions.

I know. This thread is not to defend atheism.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 5:01:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/23/2015 4:50:40 AM, SNP1 wrote:

- As you were saying, these are Biblical interpretations, which do not extend to other religions.

I know. This thread is not to defend atheism.

- OK. :)
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Julia5678
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 5:44:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/21/2015 10:55:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
People have (rightly) pointed out the horrible things the Bible says God did. People have also pointed out that in the Bible that God killed MANY more than Satan. Furthermore, if the Serpent is Satan (from Genesis) then Satan was honest and God lied (when God said that they would die if they ate the fruit and Satan said they would gain knowledge).

So, this thread's purpose...
Using Biblical passages as evidence, what horrible things did Satan do? What horrible things did God do?

First of all, do not believe whatever you read in the Bible. It is no longer reliable. It glorifies Satan and belittles God. The authors of the Bible just want people like you turn away from religion.
Let me tell you how the Quran describes God and Satan:

- How the Quran glorifies God

"[O Muhammad], inform My servants that it is I who am the Forgiving, the Merciful." (15:49)

"Say, 'O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.'" (39:53)

"And despair not of relief from Allah . Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people." (12:87)

"And whoever does a wrong or wrongs himself but then seeks forgiveness of Allah will find Allah Forgiving and Merciful." (4:110)

"So will they not repent to Allah and seek His forgiveness? And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." (5:74)

"And do not kill yourselves or one another. Indeed, Allah is to you ever Merciful." (4:29)

"Indeed, Allah does not wrong the people at all, but it is the people who are wronging themselves." (10:44)

"Indeed, Allah does not do injustice, [even] as much as an atom's weight; while if there is a good deed, He multiplies it and gives from Himself a great reward." (4:40)

If you believe that God is the Most Merciful and He never wrongs people, you will never say he does horrible things.

- How the Quran belittles Satan

"And tell My servants to say that which is best. Indeed, Satan induces [dissension] among them. Indeed Satan is ever, to mankind, a clear enemy." (17:53)

"Indeed, Satan is an enemy to you; so take him as an enemy. He only invites his party to be among the companions of the Blaze." (35:6)

"And never let Satan avert you. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy." (43:62)

"O mankind, eat from whatever is on earth [that is] lawful and good and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy. He only orders you to evil and immorality and to say about Allah what you do not know." (2:168-169)

"Satan threatens you with poverty and orders you to immorality, while Allah promises you forgiveness from Him and bounty. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing." (2:268)

If you believe that Satan is your enemy and invites you to immorality, you will never praise him.

God only punishes those who cause corruption on the earth:

"Have you not considered how your Lord dealt with 'Aad - With Iram - who had lofty pillars, The likes of whom had never been created in the land? And [with] Thamud, who carved out the rocks in the valley? And [with] Pharaoh, owner of the stakes? - [All of] whom oppressed within the lands. And increased therein the corruption. So your Lord poured upon them a scourge of punishment. Indeed, your Lord is in observation." (89:6-14)

Do you call it horrible things? If God punishes the people who oppress and kill other people, do you call it horrible? Do you mean you love ISIS who kill innocent people for no reason? Or are you pleased with what Israel is doing in Palestine and kill innocent children who cannot defend themselves?
All of the people whom God punished (the nation of Noah, Pharaoh and etc) - they were all corrupting the earth and killed people.

"And when We intend to destroy a city, We command its affluent but they defiantly disobey therein; so the word comes into effect upon it, and We destroy it with [complete] destruction. And how many have We destroyed from the generations after Noah. And sufficient is your Lord, concerning the sins of His servants, as Acquainted and Seeing." (17:16-17)

"And of the people is he whose speech pleases you in worldly life, and he calls Allah to witness as to what is in his heart, yet he is the fiercest of opponents. And when he goes away, he strives throughout the land to cause corruption therein and destroy crops and animals. And Allah does not like corruption." (2:204-205)

God doesn't like the corrupters - those who oppress others. God doesn't like to see His faithful servants are being suffered and tortured by their enemies. So he punishes the corrupters to save His servants. Do you call it a horrible things?
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 5:49:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
All i hear is bedtime stories from the theists... About boogie men and divine protection... Honestly, why are you all so dependent on a god? Can you not be your own person?

To the Op ... Lucifer always "symbolically" wins. Symbolically he says free your chains from those that try to impose power over you. You are the author, creator, and visionary of your art piece. Allow only those that contribute to your final piece; not direct it.
12_13
Posts: 1,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2015 8:50:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/22/2015 7:29:30 PM, Hitchian wrote:
Would you consider drowning innocent foetus, newborns and infants to death on purpose a merciful action? A just action? An evil action?

If God allows innocent person die in this life, it can be good, because it means that the innocent gets into eternal life. In Biblical point of view, death of a body is not a problem. Even Jesus died, and he was allegedly truly innocent. And he was raised from death, so death is not a problem.

If we think about the great flood, have you ever really taught what it would mean if all evil parents would die, but their "innocent" babies would be left a live on earth. What do you think would happen to babies without parents or anyone that would take care of them?

And I want to say also, even if someone would deserve to die, I don"t think people have right to kill, not even unborn babies, not even if the abort industry needs the money that they could get by selling babies for baby eaters or similar cults. God is different, because He is the one who has given life. He has every right to decide how long life lasts.