Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Jewish hypocrisy?

POPOO5560
Posts: 2,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 4:28:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
vast majority of people in Israel really dont know anything about Islam or perhaps their own bibles... they always criticizing Islam sharia law and stuff but they` condemning the same things and more which they have in judaism. for examples...

- the punishment for apostasy in judaism is death. Deuteronomy 13:6-12, what you going to do with the plenty secular jewish people in Israel?
- the punishment for homosexuality is death. Leviticus 20:13 (http://www.dailymail.co.uk...) the irony...
- the punishment for witches is to be burned alive. Leviticus 20:27
- committing adultery - Leviticus 20:10, societies in the west including israel are full of adultery lol.

i took only these 4 because they always critizing others in the Israeli news... any jew to correct me?
Never fart near dog
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 5:09:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/24/2015 4:28:38 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
vast majority of people in Israel really dont know anything about Islam or perhaps their own bibles...

That's probably true since most Israelis are rather secular and not particularly religious. I think to go further in proving any kind of point here you'd have to support this statement with something, but I don't have a hard time believing it since Israel is a largely secular and liberal country (with a minority of extremely religious people).

they always criticizing Islam sharia law and stuff

Are they? I guess I can believe this, but I think you should back this up with something. Do you have polling data you'd like to share?

but they` condemning the same things and more which they have in judaism. for examples...

Again, I can believe this, since secular irreligious Jews (and people in general) are likely to condemn elements of Islam (or any religion) that they find to be distasteful

- the punishment for apostasy in judaism is death. Deuteronomy 13:6-12, what you going to do with the plenty secular jewish people in Israel?

Well, Israel is a secular country that doesn't punish apostasy with death. The majority of Israelis who happen to be liberal and secular will probably condemn this too.

- the punishment for homosexuality is death. Leviticus 20:13 (http://www.dailymail.co.uk...) the irony...

Yup, and that pretty much proves the point. Israel is a secular country that accept homosexuals. That should lead to the conclusion that Israelis couldn't care less about what the bible says about it - and that's because they are liberal and secular and not particularly religious.

- the punishment for witches is to be burned alive. Leviticus 20:27

Yeah, I don't think the majority of Israelis take this seriously either.

- committing adultery - Leviticus 20:10, societies in the west including israel are full of adultery lol.

and again...

i took only these 4 because they always critizing others in the Israeli news...

Are they really always criticizing others in the Israeli news? I certainly can believe this, and I'll assume it is true. But I really don't see your point here. Israel is a fairly liberal country based on even what you have shown above, so the country in legal terms, nor the majority of its people, care at all about what the bible has to say about anything... and that leads Islamic countries which do enforce archaic laws open for criticism (assuming this is your point) from those that are against such things... so I don't see any hypocrisy.

any jew to correct me?

I don't know if I corrected you... but I certainly hope I may have helped steer this into something that may ultimately have some reasonable point.

If your point is that some Jews are hypocrites, I agree. There are hypocrites in every group.

If your point is that Israeli society at large is hypocritical for being against archaic values (this isn't my criticism of Islam per se', I'm just extending your argument), while also being mostly a modern liberal society, then I think you'll immediately see why your point doesn't make any sense.

If your point is that ultra religious people criticizing other ultra religious people for having archaic beliefs is hypocritical, then we certainly agree (the bible (ot/nt) and the Quran are both incompatible in modern societies if taken to extremes in all their literal meanings)... though your post didn't frame it this way in the least, so again, whatever your point is here, still doesn't make any sense.
Debate.org Moderator
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 4:16:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/24/2015 5:09:46 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 10/24/2015 4:28:38 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
vast majority of people in Israel really dont know anything about Islam or perhaps their own bibles...

That's probably true since most Israelis are rather secular and not particularly religious. I think to go further in proving any kind of point here you'd have to support this statement with something, but I don't have a hard time believing it since Israel is a largely secular and liberal country (with a minority of extremely religious people).

yep but you have to study Tanakh in school no matter who you are (except arabs i think...) its obligatory what i mean is they dont have or tried to read seriously about Islam they just become experts to criticize... everybody does it for the matter not focusing on jews...

they always criticizing Islam sharia law and stuff

Are they? I guess I can believe this, but I think you should back this up with something. Do you have polling data you'd like to share?

sure since u learned in the Yashiva (if i remember correctly)i think you know hebrew..
walla.co.il
mako.co.il
nana10.co.il

but they` condemning the same things and more which they have in judaism. for examples...

Again, I can believe this, since secular irreligious Jews (and people in general) are likely to condemn elements of Islam (or any religion) that they find to be distasteful

the problem is they condemning others while they have the stain in their eyes and they know it... i really dont care if somebody says something about others if its true by all means...

and i mentioned these 4 laws because they keep takling in the media over and over again about ISIS or muslims in parts of the world which they mixing politics wars and cultural baggage with Islam...


- the punishment for apostasy in judaism is death. Deuteronomy 13:6-12, what you going to do with the plenty secular jewish people in Israel?

Well, Israel is a secular country that doesn't punish apostasy with death. The majority of Israelis who happen to be liberal and secular will probably condemn this too.

- the punishment for homosexuality is death. Leviticus 20:13 (http://www.dailymail.co.uk...) the irony...

Yup, and that pretty much proves the point. Israel is a secular country that accept homosexuals. That should lead to the conclusion that Israelis couldn't care less about what the bible says about it - and that's because they are liberal and secular and not particularly religious.

- the punishment for witches is to be burned alive. Leviticus 20:27

Yeah, I don't think the majority of Israelis take this seriously either.

- committing adultery - Leviticus 20:10, societies in the west including israel are full of adultery lol.

and again...

i took only these 4 because they always critizing others in the Israeli news...

though most are secular they dont reject the bible... you know they take it as a tradition sometimes they fast do this and that but you probably never ever gonna see the media criticising the bible and its full of topics relating to muslims bad or good they consider them one... i say this becuase i learned in jewish school i know how people think about muslims or Islam most of the time they proud to be a jew (ireally hate nationalism) and when mentioning these things to them they ignore it...

Are they really always criticizing others in the Israeli news? I certainly can believe this, and I'll assume it is true. But I really don't see your point here. Israel is a fairly liberal country based on even what you have shown above, so the country in legal terms, nor the majority of its people, care at all about what the bible has to say about anything... and that leads Islamic countries which do enforce archaic laws open for criticism (assuming this is your point) from those that are against such things... so I don't see any hypocrisy.

when it comes to the poeple themselves u see how & why they hate muslims or Islam (whether true or not) but the same problems you find in their traditions if someone going to critizise others start with their own stuff...

any jew to correct me?

I don't know if I corrected you... but I certainly hope I may have helped steer this into something that may ultimately have some reasonable point.

If your point is that some Jews are hypocrites, I agree. There are hypocrites in every group.

its not just jews lol most people are because everyobdy loves this baggage...


If your point is that Israeli society at large is hypocritical for being against archaic values (this isn't my criticism of Islam per se', I'm just extending your argument), while also being mostly a modern liberal society, then I think you'll immediately see why your point doesn't make any sense.

If your point is that ultra religious people criticizing other ultra religious people for having archaic beliefs is hypocritical, then we certainly agree (the bible (ot/nt) and the Quran are both incompatible in modern societies if taken to extremes in all their literal meanings)... though your post didn't frame it this way in the least, so again, whatever your point is here, still doesn't make any sense.

lot of information u give :D my point for short was most of the people try to critizise others while they swimming in thier own dung... the hypocrisy is everybody take part of judaism and throw out what they dont like similar in our muslims here... but atleast be true to yourself (not u lol in general..) when it comes to others...

by the way im not here to say jews are hypocrites i can critisize more about muslims... just to clarify how the media works and its really impact the people.
Never fart near dog
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 4:18:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/25/2015 4:16:41 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 10/24/2015 5:09:46 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 10/24/2015 4:28:38 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
vast majority of people in Israel really dont know anything about Islam or perhaps their own bibles...

That's probably true since most Israelis are rather secular and not particularly religious. I think to go further in proving any kind of point here you'd have to support this statement with something, but I don't have a hard time believing it since Israel is a largely secular and liberal country (with a minority of extremely religious people).

yep but you have to study Tanakh in school no matter who you are (except arabs i think...) its obligatory what i mean is they dont have or tried to read seriously about Islam they just become experts to criticize... everybody does it for the matter not focusing on jews...

I realize this, but yes, you are focusing on Jews... the title of your thread is "Jewish hypocrisy".

they always criticizing Islam sharia law and stuff

Are they? I guess I can believe this, but I think you should back this up with something. Do you have polling data you'd like to share?

sure since u learned in the Yashiva (if i remember correctly)i think you know hebrew..
walla.co.il
mako.co.il
nana10.co.il

I didn't have a hard time believing what you said, but those are interesting links, so thanks for providing them.

but they` condemning the same things and more which they have in judaism. for examples...

Again, I can believe this, since secular irreligious Jews (and people in general) are likely to condemn elements of Islam (or any religion) that they find to be distasteful

the problem is they condemning others while they have the stain in their eyes and they know it... i really dont care if somebody says something about others if its true by all means...

Again, the problem here is that you are trying to single out specific people while also generalizing. Are you saying this is the nature of Jews? Are you saying this is common of most Jews in Israel? Yes, I realize there are Jews who are like this... plenty of people are like this across all groups. Are you saying this is specifically a greater problem among Jews?

and i mentioned these 4 laws because they keep takling in the media over and over again about ISIS or muslims in parts of the world which they mixing politics wars and cultural baggage with Islam...


- the punishment for apostasy in judaism is death. Deuteronomy 13:6-12, what you going to do with the plenty secular jewish people in Israel?

Well, Israel is a secular country that doesn't punish apostasy with death. The majority of Israelis who happen to be liberal and secular will probably condemn this too.

- the punishment for homosexuality is death. Leviticus 20:13 (http://www.dailymail.co.uk...) the irony...

Yup, and that pretty much proves the point. Israel is a secular country that accept homosexuals. That should lead to the conclusion that Israelis couldn't care less about what the bible says about it - and that's because they are liberal and secular and not particularly religious.

- the punishment for witches is to be burned alive. Leviticus 20:27

Yeah, I don't think the majority of Israelis take this seriously either.

- committing adultery - Leviticus 20:10, societies in the west including israel are full of adultery lol.

and again...

i took only these 4 because they always critizing others in the Israeli news...

though most are secular they dont reject the bible... you know they take it as a tradition sometimes they fast do this and that but you probably never ever gonna see the media criticising the bible and its full of topics relating to muslims bad or good they consider them one... i say this becuase i learned in jewish school i know how people think about muslims or Islam most of the time they proud to be a jew (ireally hate nationalism) and when mentioning these things to them they ignore it...


I realize that a portion (even a majority) follow traditions of Judaism (fasting, prayer, doing something on high holidays etc), even if they aren't otherwise particularly religious.

I'm not sure how to reply to the media comment though. The media would have to have something to directly criticize. I think this is (unfairly) a criticism of what some see as a manifestation of Quranic beliefs, versus the generally secular nature of those that follow the bible. Again I don't think this is fair, but that's what the media does. terrorism = from the quran, Bible = docile and nice westerners, or whatever. But again, even this point about the media is a generalization that you have made to paint "the Jews" as hypocritical.

As for the final point, again, it's a generalization. Yeah, some Jews are jerks and hypocritical but your initial assertions don't bare this out in any meaningful way.

Are they really always criticizing others in the Israeli news? I certainly can believe this, and I'll assume it is true. But I really don't see your point here. Israel is a fairly liberal country based on even what you have shown above, so the country in legal terms, nor the majority of its people, care at all about what the bible has to say about anything... and that leads Islamic countries which do enforce archaic laws open for criticism (assuming this is your point) from those that are against such things... so I don't see any hypocrisy.

when it comes to the poeple themselves u see how & why they hate muslims or Islam (whether true or not) but the same problems you find in their traditions if someone going to critizise others start with their own stuff...

any jew to correct me?

I don't know if I corrected you... but I certainly hope I may have helped steer this into something that may ultimately have some reasonable point.

If your point is that some Jews are hypocrites, I agree. There are hypocrites in every group.

its not just jews lol most people are because everyobdy loves this baggage...

Well fine then, but your thread is titled "Jewish hypocrisy"... and I'm a Jew correcting you. The most important area of correction apparently, is the need to avoid generalization (and sweeping complaints about a particular group with nothing backing it up), because that's what you are complaining about. In the same way you are saying Jews this and that, is the same way that western media (and I'll grant, some Jews) says terrorism is the result of the Quran and Muslims are bad. Therefore we (You and I, Jews and Muslims, the media and everyone across the world) need to stop this generalization nonsense. I don't believe the Quran is the root cause of terrorism (or that Arabs/Muslims are particularly prone to it), and Jews seem to hardly be what the crux of your issue is here, regardless of your thread title.

Again, is this hypocrisy unique to Jews in any way (as your thread title and assertions would seem to imply - or at least that's where hypocrisy matters to you), or is it just part of human nature?
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 4:33:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/25/2015 4:16:41 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

lot of information u give :D my point for short was most of the people try to critizise others while they swimming in thier own dung... the hypocrisy is everybody take part of judaism and throw out what they dont like similar in our muslims here... but atleast be true to yourself (not u lol in general..) when it comes to others...

I happen to agree with this, though you focused on a particular group. If you made this about human nature in general, I wouldn't have even replied. But instead, you made a generalization about a specific group and asked for a Jew to correct you, so I have.

If your more specific point is that some people, including Jews, like to criticize while ignoring their own shortcomings, then again I agree. Jews are definitely guilty of this, as are all of us (you and myself included - none of us are perfect). But again, your thread singles out Jews for no apparent reason that I can find.

Is this about hypocrisy in general? Or Jewish hypocrisy? The former is hard to disagree with since it's part of human nature, but you haven't asserted the latter in a meaningful way.

by the way im not here to say jews are hypocrites i can critisize more about muslims... just to clarify how the media works and its really impact the people.

That's fine, except that once again, your thread is titled "Jewish hypocrisy". To title a thread such a thing you need to distinguish this as something relating to Jews. I believe I largely refuted the examples you used to paint Jews individually as hypocritical, as it pertains to the generalization, and why this thread is problematic. Otherwise, yes, people are hypocritical, and an interesting thread can certainly take place on that issue that doesn't require unfairly singling out a particular group for something that every group is guilty of.

An example of this would be me starting a thread saying "Native Americans are jerks?". Certainly some are jerks, and I could backtrack that to say, "well I didn't mean to single out Native Americans, just some people can be jerks and they shouldn't be, and neither should Native Americans.".

On the other hand, if I made a thread about alcoholism within the Native American community, something that is an issue with adequate evidence pertaining to this specific group, then that would be an issue worth discussing as it pertains to a particular group.

So unless you are saying Jews have higher proportions within their group of hypocritical people (something that would require some evidence) then this thread seems like an unnecessary attack on a group of people.

In any case, I've probably gone too far in replying to this (and I hope I haven't come off as a jerk, I mean no offense) but you did ask "any jew to correct me?", and at this point I believe I have.

Be well.

Cheers.
Debate.org Moderator
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2015 3:59:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 4:33:00 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

hi admin sorry for the delay... anyways the title is "Jewish hypocrisy" because in this situation i took the news sites israel and i work with jews so i bring to u how they think generally* sure not everybody like that i met some guy who was one of the most honest persons i have ever seen... his name is Aldad and cant forget his name though it was 4 years before believe me i always forget the names of my coworker everywhere i go... so i focused on some subject but in general everybody has it... if the titled not representing it should be removed sorry for confusion its not my intention.... beside see what i have found today... https://en.wikipedia.org... i guess most people stay the way they are...
Never fart near dog