Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Christians Faith in Jesus cant save you alone

TheAngelofPeace
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

"If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend." (James 2:16-23)
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 11:27:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM, TheAngelofPeace wrote:
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

"If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend." (James 2:16-23)

"Your works are like filthy rags"
"No one is righteous. Not even one."

Nice attempt though. E for effort.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 11:30:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM, TheAngelofPeace wrote:
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

"If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend." (James 2:16-23)

You see...there's this thing called the old covenant and the new covenant. Old Testament vs. New Testament. The New Testament lets us know that...wait for it.
"You are saved by grace, by faith, and by faith alone, lest any man could boast." I made that up. Or maybe it's in El New Testamento. Who knows really?
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 11:32:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Here's another gem.
"Know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."

"Put on the full armor of God..."
"The sword of truth."
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 11:34:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2015 11:42:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Grace in Christianity is the free and unmerited favour of God as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowing of blessings. It is God's gift of salvation granted to sinners for their salvation.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 12:06:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Faith is only ONE element in Christianity it is not everything, you're correct, we have to abide in God. Having faith in God and abiding in God are two different matters though they may intersect.
What you will find just like you see in this thread one person will cling to either side of the spectrum when in fact they are both relevant, we need faith and we need to abide. By abiding in God faith is made possible, it becomes an element of substance and not just some word. Abide means to accept or act in accordance with, anyone who would deny that has no idea of what spirituality is or what Jesus is saying.

Faith is a spiritual element that is cultivated in the life of the believer, it is personal individual thing for it is a trust and confidence issue. Abiding in God is a daily choice and commitment, it is the means of ones growth and spiritual understanding. If one does not abide in God how can they put any faith in God? Faith then becomes useless without the other.

http://bibletruthpublishers.com...
trojan
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 12:54:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM, TheAngelofPeace wrote:
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

"If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend." (James 2:16-23) : :

God doesn't need us to do anything to be saved from this world.

Acts 17
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
26: And he made from one every nation of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation,
27: that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us,
28: for ..In him we live and move and have our being'; as even some of your poets have said, ..For we are indeed his offspring.'
29: Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the Deity is like gold, or silver, or stone, a representation by the art and imagination of man.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 1:11:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/25/2015 11:30:46 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM, TheAngelofPeace wrote:
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

"If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend." (James 2:16-23)

You see...there's this thing called the old covenant and the new covenant. Old Testament vs. New Testament. The New Testament lets us know that...wait for it.
"You are saved by grace, by faith, and by faith alone, lest any man could boast." I made that up. Or maybe it's in El New Testamento. Who knows really?

Obviously you know very little. The scripture quoted in the first post is also from the NT and under the "New covenant".

There are works of the flesh and works of the spirit. The idea is that people are not saved by the works of the flesh but if they have no works of faith they are not saved either. The works of the spirit are works of faith. They are the kind of works which cause the things you hope for to become substance and physical evidence in your life.
Faith causes the invisible to become visible. If you don't know how to do that, you have no faith. Faith without works ( evidence and substance) is dead.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things unseen. ( Heb 11:1)
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 1:44:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 1:11:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/25/2015 11:30:46 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM, TheAngelofPeace wrote:
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

"If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend." (James 2:16-23)

You see...there's this thing called the old covenant and the new covenant. Old Testament vs. New Testament. The New Testament lets us know that...wait for it.
"You are saved by grace, by faith, and by faith alone, lest any man could boast." I made that up. Or maybe it's in El New Testamento. Who knows really?

Obviously you know very little. The scripture quoted in the first post is also from the NT and under the "New covenant".

There are works of the flesh and works of the spirit. The idea is that people are not saved by the works of the flesh but if they have no works of faith they are not saved either. The works of the spirit are works of faith. They are the kind of works which cause the things you hope for to become substance and physical evidence in your life.
Faith causes the invisible to become visible. If you don't know how to do that, you have no faith. Faith without works ( evidence and substance) is dead.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things unseen. ( Heb 11:1)

Keep telling yourself that. Say it again and a genie will appear.

If you knew Biblical concepts you would know that the holy spirit comes to a person. You do not come to him. No one can be plucked from God's hand. (Look it up)

Works are evidence of faith but works save no one. But a man's works are between him and God. They are often done in secret. Works save no man. The work is of God. A man's works are based off of God coming to someone, moving, and showing Christlike "works" by his power, not the persons. No man saves himself. God does the work. Christianity 101.
trojan
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 1:59:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 1:11:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/25/2015 11:30:46 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM, TheAngelofPeace wrote:
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

"If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend." (James 2:16-23)

You see...there's this thing called the old covenant and the new covenant. Old Testament vs. New Testament. The New Testament lets us know that...wait for it.
"You are saved by grace, by faith, and by faith alone, lest any man could boast." I made that up. Or maybe it's in El New Testamento. Who knows really?

Obviously you know very little. The scripture quoted in the first post is also from the NT and under the "New covenant".

There are works of the flesh and works of the spirit. The idea is that people are not saved by the works of the flesh but if they have no works of faith they are not saved either. The works of the spirit are works of faith. They are the kind of works which cause the things you hope for to become substance and physical evidence in your life.
Faith causes the invisible to become visible. If you don't know how to do that, you have no faith. Faith without works ( evidence and substance) is dead.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things unseen. ( Heb 11:1) : :

Faith is only understood by God's prophets and saints. The rest of God's people can only believe our experiences with God and the knowledge that was revealed through our testimonies.

You have no faith or belief in God.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 4:27:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 1:59:29 AM, trojan wrote:
At 10/26/2015 1:11:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/25/2015 11:30:46 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM, TheAngelofPeace wrote:
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

"If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend." (James 2:16-23)

You see...there's this thing called the old covenant and the new covenant. Old Testament vs. New Testament. The New Testament lets us know that...wait for it.
"You are saved by grace, by faith, and by faith alone, lest any man could boast." I made that up. Or maybe it's in El New Testamento. Who knows really?

Obviously you know very little. The scripture quoted in the first post is also from the NT and under the "New covenant".

There are works of the flesh and works of the spirit. The idea is that people are not saved by the works of the flesh but if they have no works of faith they are not saved either. The works of the spirit are works of faith. They are the kind of works which cause the things you hope for to become substance and physical evidence in your life.
Faith causes the invisible to become visible. If you don't know how to do that, you have no faith. Faith without works ( evidence and substance) is dead.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things unseen. ( Heb 11:1) : :

Faith is only understood by God's prophets and saints. The rest of God's people can only believe our experiences with God and the knowledge that was revealed through our testimonies.

You have no faith or belief in God.

Neither do you Brad. You believe in nothing but your own thoughts and self delusions of grandeur.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 4:39:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 1:44:40 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/26/2015 1:11:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/25/2015 11:30:46 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM, TheAngelofPeace wrote:
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

"If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend." (James 2:16-23)

You see...there's this thing called the old covenant and the new covenant. Old Testament vs. New Testament. The New Testament lets us know that...wait for it.
"You are saved by grace, by faith, and by faith alone, lest any man could boast." I made that up. Or maybe it's in El New Testamento. Who knows really?

Obviously you know very little. The scripture quoted in the first post is also from the NT and under the "New covenant".

There are works of the flesh and works of the spirit. The idea is that people are not saved by the works of the flesh but if they have no works of faith they are not saved either. The works of the spirit are works of faith. They are the kind of works which cause the things you hope for to become substance and physical evidence in your life.
Faith causes the invisible to become visible. If you don't know how to do that, you have no faith. Faith without works ( evidence and substance) is dead.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things unseen. ( Heb 11:1)

Keep telling yourself that. Say it again and a genie will appear.

Comments like that just show how lost in fantasy land, you really are.

If you knew Biblical concepts you would know that the holy spirit comes to a person. You do not come to him. No one can be plucked from God's hand. (Look it up)

If no one can be plucked from Gods hands then the Holy Spirit which is just another title for God, has no need to come to anyone since they are already in his hands and not some place away from him to compel him to go to them as if they were not with him.

Works are evidence of faith but works save no one. But a man's works are between him and God. They are often done in secret. Works save no man. The work is of God. A man's works are based off of God coming to someone, moving, and showing Christlike "works" by his power, not the persons. No man saves himself. God does the work. Christianity 101.

You obviously have a lot of work to do on your own doctrines before they make any sense.
If you sit back and do nothing about saving yourself from your own delusions and self deception, not even any gods can help you.
God helps those who help themselves.
Question your own beliefs if you wish to turn away from fantasy to and face the truth of reality and understand all invisible supernatural gods are mythical characters.

Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Isaiah 63:5 And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 1:33:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 1:44:40 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/26/2015 1:11:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/25/2015 11:30:46 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM, TheAngelofPeace wrote:
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

"If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend." (James 2:16-23)

You see...there's this thing called the old covenant and the new covenant. Old Testament vs. New Testament. The New Testament lets us know that...wait for it.
"You are saved by grace, by faith, and by faith alone, lest any man could boast." I made that up. Or maybe it's in El New Testamento. Who knows really?

Obviously you know very little. The scripture quoted in the first post is also from the NT and under the "New covenant".

There are works of the flesh and works of the spirit. The idea is that people are not saved by the works of the flesh but if they have no works of faith they are not saved either. The works of the spirit are works of faith. They are the kind of works which cause the things you hope for to become substance and physical evidence in your life.
Faith causes the invisible to become visible. If you don't know how to do that, you have no faith. Faith without works ( evidence and substance) is dead.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things unseen. ( Heb 11:1)

Keep telling yourself that. Say it again and a genie will appear.

If you knew Biblical concepts you would know that the holy spirit comes to a person. You do not come to him. No one can be plucked from God's hand. (Look it up)

Works are evidence of faith but works save no one. But a man's works are between him and God. They are often done in secret. Works save no man. The work is of God. A man's works are based off of God coming to someone, moving, and showing Christlike "works" by his power, not the persons. No man saves himself. God does the work. Christianity 101.

Except that point is currently open for debate, since not all of Christianity accepts it.

Regardless, Christianity continues to be a sinking ship in the West and there's reason to believe that's its future globally, as other regions of the world where it might be on the temporary rise will soon catch up with the West. This, of course, presents a serious problem for the suggestion it's God calling people. Cultural does change but why would God be susceptible to such petty human contingency? God is all-powerful and He is therefore able to concede His grace to whomever He so chooses. He should be able to attract and retain about the same percentage of Christin's as in the past. Before you appeal to free will, I'll just say that free will and the idea of divine grace seem rather contradictory to me, the reason why, though ultimately flawed, Calvinism sort of has a point.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 8:40:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM, TheAngelofPeace wrote:
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

I disagree with you partially. Save means that sins are forgiven. There is no action or work that you could do and then gain forgiveness. It is free thing. But forgiveness doesn"t necessary mean that person gets eternal life. Eternal life is for righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

That is why Jesus said that people should repent. Forgiveness I not useful, if person continues in sin and don"t be or become righteous.

"Neither do I condemn you. Go your way. From now on, sin no more."
John 8:11

""unless you repent, you will all perish""
Luke 13:3
Fly
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2015 9:38:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/26/2015 1:33:55 PM, Hitchian wrote:
At 10/26/2015 1:44:40 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/26/2015 1:11:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/25/2015 11:30:46 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 10/25/2015 6:26:11 AM, TheAngelofPeace wrote:
Christians, do you know that having faith in Jesus cannot save you by itself. You still have to do righteous deeds in order to be saved. So in fact, Jesus is not your Savior, your faith and your deeds can save you.

"If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God's friend." (James 2:16-23)

You see...there's this thing called the old covenant and the new covenant. Old Testament vs. New Testament. The New Testament lets us know that...wait for it.
"You are saved by grace, by faith, and by faith alone, lest any man could boast." I made that up. Or maybe it's in El New Testamento. Who knows really?

Obviously you know very little. The scripture quoted in the first post is also from the NT and under the "New covenant".

There are works of the flesh and works of the spirit. The idea is that people are not saved by the works of the flesh but if they have no works of faith they are not saved either. The works of the spirit are works of faith. They are the kind of works which cause the things you hope for to become substance and physical evidence in your life.
Faith causes the invisible to become visible. If you don't know how to do that, you have no faith. Faith without works ( evidence and substance) is dead.

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for, the EVIDENCE of things unseen. ( Heb 11:1)

Keep telling yourself that. Say it again and a genie will appear.

If you knew Biblical concepts you would know that the holy spirit comes to a person. You do not come to him. No one can be plucked from God's hand. (Look it up)

Works are evidence of faith but works save no one. But a man's works are between him and God. They are often done in secret. Works save no man. The work is of God. A man's works are based off of God coming to someone, moving, and showing Christlike "works" by his power, not the persons. No man saves himself. God does the work. Christianity 101.

Except that point is currently open for debate, since not all of Christianity accepts it.

Regardless, Christianity continues to be a sinking ship in the West and there's reason to believe that's its future globally, as other regions of the world where it might be on the temporary rise will soon catch up with the West. This, of course, presents a serious problem for the suggestion it's God calling people. Cultural does change but why would God be susceptible to such petty human contingency? God is all-powerful and He is therefore able to concede His grace to whomever He so chooses. He should be able to attract and retain about the same percentage of Christin's as in the past. Before you appeal to free will, I'll just say that free will and the idea of divine grace seem rather contradictory to me, the reason why, though ultimately flawed, Calvinism sort of has a point.

Indeed. Having been on the other side of the fence for the majority of my life, it is now somewhat amusing to witness the ongoing "Scripture Wars" from the heathen perspective. The Bible is a collection of books and authors at war with themselves, and this is true even after the Council of Nicaea!
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz