Jump to topic:

Love your neighbour as yourself, meaning

Gaetan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2015 3:03:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As you love yourself, you want good things happen to you and love your neighbour as yourself is to have the same attitude towards other as yourself, to treat others the same as yourself, this is a commandment of justice.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 4:34:58 AM
At 10/29/2015 3:03:39 PM, Gaetan wrote:
As you love yourself, you want good things happen to you and love your neighbour as yourself is to have the same attitude towards other as yourself, to treat others the same as yourself, this is a commandment of justice.

Empathy
8to5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 6:26:07 AM
As you love yourself, you want good things happen to you and love your neighbour as yourself is to have the same attitude towards other as yourself, to treat others the same as yourself, this is a commandment of justice. : :

If you listen to the voice of God and obey all his commandments, then you will learn the love of God and know how to love yourself and your neighbor.

1 John 5
3: For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 7:39:13 AM

what if we don't love our neighbors? what will happen?
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 7:41:16 AM

why do we need to love our neighbors?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 8:25:32 AM

Not speaking Hebrew, or having lived in occupied Judaea under a Jewish patriarchy, I have no idea what this might've actually meant -- assuming that it was sourced from the region at the time, and not later.

On the other hand, recognising that Jews had survived for many centuries as landless, xenophobic, conservative, paranoid, introspective aliens, and noting the relationship of Christianity to Hellenistic Judaism [https://en.wikipedia.org...], I recognise (but cannot prove) that it might just mean: stop being so conservative, xenophobic and risk-averse when dealing with people outside your culture and faith, because these furriners are part of your future.
Gaetan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 5:36:57 PM
At 10/30/2015 7:41:16 AM, uncung wrote:

It is a matter of justice to love your neighbour as yourself. As you love yourself, you want the best happen to you, then if you are just you should want the same thing for others. Exemples: As you don't want people hurt you, you can't hurt people, as you don't want to go to prison, you can't send people in prison, you got to treat people as yourself, as you want people forgive you, you have to forgive people.
nothead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 6:21:44 PM
At 10/30/2015 6:26:07 AM, 8to5 wrote:
As you love yourself, you want good things happen to you and love your neighbour as yourself is to have the same attitude towards other as yourself, to treat others the same as yourself, this is a commandment of justice. : :

If you listen to the voice of God and obey all his commandments, then you will learn the love of God and know how to love yourself and your neighbor.

1 John 5
3: For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

Shema is the most impossible Commandment under the Sun. For the few...the love of YHWH makes it LESS burdensome. Only by the Paraclete is this Law enabled. No one will even UNDERSTAND it, especially those who have no relationship to God.

The Second Command Mt 22 stems directly also from the love of YHWH. But our love is first and foremost to God Himself. Everyone will have their LIMITS as to how to treat their neighbor. Jesus knew Shema, since Jesus knew the love of his God. This enabled him to die for a sacrifice for all men who believe and instill themselves into Jesus. And the heart will be imprinted with the Love of YHWH. And this is the Heart Circumcision, which made the Circumcision of Flesh a shadow and past tense requirement...especially for the Gentile who has no traditional/cultural edict to be obedient to.

The Commands in general are doable, especially the Ten. But Shema stands apart as Command and is not normally DOABLE by mortal men.
nothead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 6:24:39 PM
At 10/30/2015 5:36:57 PM, Gaetan wrote:
At 10/30/2015 7:41:16 AM, uncung wrote:

It is a matter of justice to love your neighbour as yourself. As you love yourself, you want the best happen to you, then if you are just you should want the same thing for others. Exemples: As you don't want people hurt you, you can't hurt people, as you don't want to go to prison, you can't send people in prison, you got to treat people as yourself, as you want people forgive you, you have to forgive people.

Why can't you hurt people before they can hurt you, sir? Put THEM out of commission and they can't come back at ya...this would be pro-active action for the love of self.
Don't you love yourself, sir?
Gaetan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 7:47:08 PM

Why can't you hurt people before they can hurt you, sir? Put THEM out of commission and they can't come back at ya...this would be pro-active action for the love of self.
Don't you love yourself, sir?

Because it is not just, you love yourself, but to be just you have to love your neighbour as yourself
Gaetan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 11:25:59 PM
At 10/30/2015 10:45:05 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
It depends. Is my neighbor a hot blonde? If so, the answer changes. Maybe.

This is discrimination
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 12:29:17 AM

Because everything is connected - everything is one. Jesus said do unto others as you would have them do unto you. What goes around comes around. If you treat your neighbour poorly, it will eventually come back to you. It appears to be a law of the universe that allows us to use our free will to make a choice. There are either rewards or consequences.
rule99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 12:52:03 AM
At 10/31/2015 12:29:17 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Because everything is connected - everything is one. Jesus said do unto others as you would have them do unto you. What goes around comes around. If you treat your neighbour poorly, it will eventually come back to you. It appears to be a law of the universe that allows us to use our free will to make a choice. There are either rewards or consequences. : :

If we're all one, then all our bodies came from that one, also.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 12:59:56 AM
At 10/31/2015 12:52:03 AM, rule99 wrote:

Because everything is connected - everything is one. Jesus said do unto others as you would have them do unto you. What goes around comes around. If you treat your neighbour poorly, it will eventually come back to you. It appears to be a law of the universe that allows us to use our free will to make a choice. There are either rewards or consequences. : :

I guess so. This is the physical universe and even scientists say that are bodies contain materials from the stars. The point is, everything is one, including all dimensions and vibrations, spiritual and physical. it is all of the God mind. One singularity.
rule99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 1:17:14 AM
At 10/31/2015 12:59:56 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

I guess so. This is the physical universe and even scientists say that are bodies contain materials from the stars. The point is, everything is one, including all dimensions and vibrations, spiritual and physical. it is all of the God mind. One singularity. : :

Most scientists and religious people are still very confused but you and I are among a few chosen ones who understand where we came from. Our Creator's thoughts are very creative to make us believe we're real people.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 1:27:52 AM
At 10/31/2015 1:17:14 AM, rule99 wrote:

I guess so. This is the physical universe and even scientists say that are bodies contain materials from the stars. The point is, everything is one, including all dimensions and vibrations, spiritual and physical. it is all of the God mind. One singularity. : :

Most scientists and religious people are still very confused but you and I are among a few chosen ones who understand where we came from. Our Creator's thoughts are very creative to make us believe we're real people.

If you are saying that even though we are individuals, we and everything else are of the God mind, then yes we are of like minds. i think it is not a matter of being chosen ones but levels of consciousness. I believe it's just a matter of remembering who we all really are. The truth has been held back from us by the man made religions, especially Christianity and Islam.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 1:34:19 AM
There are a couple of related websites that might resonate with you.
www.ascendedmasteranswers.com and www.askrealjesus.com. They confirmed a lot of my ongoing learning over 25 years and taught me a whole lot more. I highly recomend these sites. Give it a shot and see if it speaks to you. Good luck.
Gaetan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 1:36:00 AM
Nag Hammadi, The Sophia of J"sus Christ, He, Jesus, said:

"The Lord of the Universe is not called 'Father', but 'Forefather', the beginning of those that will appear, but he (the Lord) is the beginningless Forefather. Seeing himself within himself in a mirror, he appeared resembling himself, but his likeness appeared as Divine Self-Father, and Confronter over the Confronted ones, First Existent Unbegotten Father. He is indeed of equal age <with> the Light that is before him, but he is not equal to him in power.
rule99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 1:42:56 AM
At 10/31/2015 1:27:52 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 10/31/2015 1:17:14 AM, rule99 wrote:

If you are saying that even though we are individuals, we and everything else are of the God mind, then yes we are of like minds. i think it is not a matter of being chosen ones but levels of consciousness. I believe it's just a matter of remembering who we all really are. The truth has been held back from us by the man made religions, especially Christianity and Islam. : :

God chose certain individuals to write and speak words that he put in their minds. From these testimonies, we learned we came from the mind of God and spoken into a program called Eternal Life. God has used computer programmers who use voice recognition to enter code to build computer programs to show me how he created everything.

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 2:33:01 AM

why do I need to love them as I love myself? What will I get? what is the benefit for me? what if we do nothing to our neighbor? we don't care about them?
Gaetan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 3:04:53 AM
At 10/31/2015 2:33:01

why do I need to love them as I love myself? What will I get? what is the benefit for me? what if we do nothing to our neighbor? we don't care about them?

Because if you love your neighbour as yourself you are just, and if you are just you go to heaven and have eternal life:

Mt 25.31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, "Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me." 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?" 40 And the King will answer them, "Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[f] you did it to me."

You see, they love their neighbour as themself

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me." 44 Then they also will answer, saying, "Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?" 45 Then he will answer them, saying, "Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me." 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 3:10:09 AM
At 10/31/2015 3:04:53 AM, Gaetan wrote:

Because if you love your neighbour as yourself you are just, and if you are just you go to heaven and have eternal life:

Mt 25.31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, "Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me." 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?" 40 And the King will answer them, "Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[f] you did it to me."

41 "Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me." 44 Then they also will answer, saying, "Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?" 45 Then he will answer them, saying, "Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me." 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Good, it is the answer what I want. heaven and hell is the logic reason behind.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 3:12:38 AM
At 10/31/2015 2:33:01 AM, uncung wrote:

If you give love you receive love. Maybe it will come from a different source. Because we are all connected, what we put out there affects us all. If we all loved each other, and I know that's a tall order in this world, we'd have no wars, no crime, no disease, no suffering. It would be the world the creator meant for us. This is what you would get out of it.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 3:38:27 AM

If you give love you receive love. Maybe it will come from a different source. Because we are all connected, what we put out there affects us all. If we all loved each other, and I know that's a tall order in this world, we'd have no wars, no crime, no disease, no suffering. It would be the world the creator meant for us. This is what you would get out of it.

Good, it is a healthy relationship culture that we all suppose to have.
shalal12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 6:40:47 PM
At 10/31/2015 3:04:53 AM, Gaetan wrote:

Why do you call Christ (pbuh), Son of Man? Don't you call him Son of God?
When will son of man come in glory?
It is Muslims' predictions that Christ (pbuh) and Mahdi (pbuh) will come in glory and they will make a kingdom for whole world. I suppose "Son of Man" is different from "Son of God". If you think otherwise, provide sources please.
Gaetan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2015 8:48:58 PM
At 10/31/2015 6:40:47 PM, shalal12 wrote:

It is Muslims' predictions that Christ (pbuh) and Mahdi (pbuh) will come in glory and they will make a kingdom for whole world. I suppose "Son of Man" is different from "Son of God". If you think otherwise, provide sources please.

Jesus called himself Son of Man to not be stoned, but spirits who know who he was called him Son of God

Luke 4.41 And demons also came out from many, crying out, and saying, Thou art the Son of God. And rebuking them, he suffered them not to speak, because they knew that he was the Christ.
shalal12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 3:28:04 PM
At 10/31/2015 8:48:58 PM, Gaetan wrote:
At 10/31/2015 6:40:47 PM, shalal12 wrote:

Jesus called himself Son of Man to not be stoned, but spirits who know who he was called him Son of God

Luke 4.41 And demons also came out from many, crying out, and saying, Thou art the Son of God. And rebuking them, he suffered them not to speak, because they knew that he was the Christ.

1. There are two possible cases:
a). If Christ (pbuh) calls himself "Son of Man" then he emphasizes he is NOT the son of God as he was not liar. Thinking that Christ (pbuh) is son of God and he calls himself Son of Man to escape from sufferings might not be a logical conclusion. Do you have any verse to prove what you claimed?
b). Christ (pbuh) talks about another person who will come in glory. And if Christ (pbuh) talks about a third person, then we will conclude "Son of Man" is different from "Son of God".

2. Having chosen the second hypothesis, we conclude that: He informs the followers about the arrival of a man who will come in glory (Son of Man) to make a kingdom for whole world. He also talked about a prophet named "Ahmed (pbuh)" who will come after him. And in other verses he says that himself will appear one more time.

3. Ahmed (Muhammad (pbuh)) also said that Christ(pbuh) will come one more time and close to his arrival a man will appear whose miracle will be his science and knowledge, named Mahdi (Son of Man). Ahmed (pbuh) talked about Mahdi a lot and he gave so many signs and predictions to his arrival. He said that Mahdi will come in glory to help the whole world.

4. Luke 4:41 doesnt talk about "Son of Man". I wanted you to mention a verse which proves Son of Man is the same of Son of God.

God blesses
Gaetan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2015 5:56:17 PM

I was clear, according to spirits who know what's going on in the other world Jesus was the Son of God and the Messiah, the Christ, but he, Jesus, did want people think he was the sun of God and the Messiah but he couldn't say it because the Jewish, the Pharisees, would stone him, that is the sense of the word of rebuking them and suffered not to speak. Jesus was brave but not stupid to allow and give a good reason to his ennemies to kill him.
shalal12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2015 3:24:36 PM
At 11/1/2015 5:56:17 PM, Gaetan wrote:

I was clear, according to spirits who know what's going on in the other world Jesus was the Son of God and the Messiah, the Christ, but he, Jesus, did want people think he was the sun of God and the Messiah but he couldn't say it because the Jewish, the Pharisees, would stone him, that is the sense of the word of rebuking them and suffered not to speak. Jesus was brave but not stupid to allow and give a good reason to his ennemies to kill him.

I didnt find any documentation for you claim and you failed to provide any verse from bible to prove what you said. You speak based on guesses however, I speack based on documentations.