Jump to topic:

Faith: Is it safe today?

GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 5:31:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I feel so safe today that I don't even have to look both ways to cross the street.
I feel so safe today that I don't even need sunscreen.
I feel so safe today that I don't even need the breaks while driving my car.
Faith in action my friends. Faith in action.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 5:52:13 PM
At 10/30/2015 5:31:31 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
I feel so safe today that I don't even have to look both ways to cross the street.

I'm disappointed, Gritty. I hoped you were going to answer a question of far greater ethical significance...

Is your faith safe for others while you practice it?
Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 6:22:47 PM

You're running out of ideas, aren't you? Not that they were great to begin with, but the OP is a new low, I'm afraid.

Even as an attempt at an allegory, it crashes and burns. I myself have crossed streets without looking both ways. It might be a one-way street. These exist. I also have ears. Cars, even electric cars, make noise. I might not need sunscreen today. It might be cloudy as a sewer, my complexion might be darker than mahogany. I might be driving the car remotely, it might be a car with a crash test dummy in, which lacks breaks, on purpose.

Do you have a point?
Sometimes being cryptic is showmanship to be appreciated by third-parties, but that would require talents you either aren't willing to put to use here or simply lack.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 10:37:20 PM
At 10/30/2015 5:52:13 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

I'm disappointed, Gritty. I hoped you were going to answer a question of far greater ethical significance...

Is your faith safe for others while you practice it?

Nothing is safe. Danger is real.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 10:38:33 PM
At 10/30/2015 6:22:47 PM, Hitchian wrote:

You're running out of ideas, aren't you? Not that they were great to begin with, but the OP is a new low, I'm afraid.

Even as an attempt at an allegory, it crashes and burns. I myself have crossed streets without looking both ways. It might be a one-way street. These exist. I also have ears. Cars, even electric cars, make noise. I might not need sunscreen today. It might be cloudy as a sewer, my complexion might be darker than mahogany. I might be driving the car remotely, it might be a car with a crash test dummy in, which lacks breaks, on purpose.

Do you have a point?
Sometimes being cryptic is showmanship to be appreciated by third-parties, but that would require talents you either aren't willing to put to use here or simply lack.

Fine. Fight me cause I'm bored.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2015 10:43:29 PM

I'm proud of you Hitchian. This was very eloquent and thoughtful. You are very creative.

I'm so safe I don't need a cup while playing catcher in a baseball game. Wait a second. What is happening here? This was supposed to be a serious thread...

Obviously. Now someone wrestle me blindfolded, tied to a pissed off goat while I whack you with a rolling pin.