Total Posts:171|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A Athiest Hippocrisy.

Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 10:28:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Many of you know lots of atheist apologist like Dawkings or Hitchens would blame wars in the middle east on religion. so that is why they think they are doing the world good by bothering to preach against theism. if all stop believing in god wars would stop.

but were do they go to preach against it? places in Europe or America.

How is it the Christians dare to go to the middle east to win converts and the atheist do not. why is it the conventions of the theist is enough to actually risk your neck for the message and the convection of the atheist are not good enough to brave those dangers? why do I not hear about the atheist movement in the middle east from atheist trying to stop the fighting that comes from religion? Why do I only hear of the movement in non-violent places that do not have wars right now out of 'religion'? the safe places.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 10:40:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 10:28:05 AM, Marauder wrote:
Many of you know lots of atheist apologist like Dawkings or Hitchens would blame wars in the middle east on religion. so that is why they think they are doing the world good by bothering to preach against theism. if all stop believing in god wars would stop.

but were do they go to preach against it? places in Europe or America.

How is it the Christians dare to go to the middle east to win converts and the atheist do not. why is it the conventions of the theist is enough to actually risk your neck for the message and the convection of the atheist are not good enough to brave those dangers? why do I not hear about the atheist movement in the middle east from atheist trying to stop the fighting that comes from religion? Why do I only hear of the movement in non-violent places that do not have wars right now out of 'religion'? the safe places.

Because no one gives a sh*t about what atheists do in plces of high violence. Really atheists tend to be demonized in the media so even if they did get attention for effort they spend <if they do spend any, I'm not up to doing research so I'll assume they do some> it will most likely be trash talking about how they are trying to brainwash them to become baby eating theist killing heathens, while the Christian converters are called good for "spreading peace" and "sharing God's love" with them.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 10:46:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Not making fun, but there are lots of grammar mistakes in your title.

Not A but An

Not Athiest but Atheist

Not Hippocrisy but Hypocrisy

Home-schooler gonna school...
kfc
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 10:51:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Non-god didn't command atheists to spread the word. So we do it where we want and no more.

This message would be better directed to pacifists, who always wave their signs at anyone in a conflict other than the initiator of force.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 10:51:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
And why you tarnishing the works of Terry Goodkind by putting them in a Christian's signature?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 10:54:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 10:28:05 AM, Marauder wrote:

How is it the Christians dare to go to the middle east to win converts and the atheist do not. why is it the conventions of the theist is enough to actually risk your neck for the message and the convection of the atheist are not good enough to brave those dangers?

Christians are trying to convert people to another religion. Atheists are trying to get them to give up their religion.

The reason Christians go, but Atheists do not is that Christians are stupid enough to believe that the love of God will change people. Atheists can only convert people logical enough to understand the position, and generally, there are very few of these people in countries that allow themselves to be consumed by thousand-year-old superstitions.

Evidence for this? Look at the percentages of atheists in secular vs. religion countries.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 10:56:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 10:54:21 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 9/24/2010 10:28:05 AM, Marauder wrote:

How is it the Christians dare to go to the middle east to win converts and the atheist do not. why is it the conventions of the theist is enough to actually risk your neck for the message and the convection of the atheist are not good enough to brave those dangers?

Christians are trying to convert people to another religion. Atheists are trying to get them to give up their religion.

The reason Christians go, but Atheists do not is that Christians are stupid enough to believe that the love of God will change people. Atheists can only convert people logical enough to understand the position, and generally, there are very few of these people in countries that allow themselves to be consumed by thousand-year-old superstitions.

Evidence for this? Look at the percentages of atheists in secular vs. religion countries.

That, and your @ss is grass in places like Saudi Arabia.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:27:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 10:51:57 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
And why you tarnishing the works of Terry Goodkind by putting them in a Christian's signature?

I think the funniest part of this is that you think Terry Goodkind has works to tarnish.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:45:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 10:28:05 AM, Marauder wrote:
How is it the Christians dare to go to the middle east to win converts and the atheist do not.

Maybe it's because atheists, not having an afterlife, don't want to accelerate death.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:50:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 10:56:45 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

That, and your @ss is grass in places like Saudi Arabia.

This.

I would love to see people try to preach in Saudi Arabia. It won't happen. If they even find non-Islamic literature such as The Bible or The God Delusion you're done for.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:51:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 11:50:56 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
This.

I would love to see people try to preach in Saudi Arabia. It won't happen. If they even find non-Islamic literature such as The Bible or The God Delusion you're done for.
Not true.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:53:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 11:51:50 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/24/2010 11:50:56 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
This.

I would love to see people try to preach in Saudi Arabia. It won't happen. If they even find non-Islamic literature such as The Bible or The God Delusion you're done for.
Not true.

Then why aren't people allowed being Christian, Atheist, or any other religion there?
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:55:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 11:53:54 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Then why aren't people allowed being Christian, Atheist, or any other religion there?
a) Non-sequitur
b) Certain groups are found there.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:57:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 11:55:44 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/24/2010 11:53:54 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Then why aren't people allowed being Christian, Atheist, or any other religion there?
a) Non-sequitur
b) Certain groups are found there.

Not Non-sequitur at all. It's a legit question.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:58:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 11:57:04 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Not Non-sequitur at all. It's a legit question.
Not related to the Bible or The God Delusion making you guilty of a huge crime.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 12:00:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 11:58:28 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/24/2010 11:57:04 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Not Non-sequitur at all. It's a legit question.
Not related to the Bible or The God Delusion making you guilty of a huge crime.

It's perfectly related. People have been punished in Saudi Arabia for having Bibles.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 12:02:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 12:00:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
It's perfectly related. People have been punished in Saudi Arabia for having Bibles.
Which sources can you provide, and why are they telling the truth?
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 12:14:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 12:02:02 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/24/2010 12:00:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
It's perfectly related. People have been punished in Saudi Arabia for having Bibles.
Which sources can you provide, and why are they telling the truth?

Oh, this explains alot. Just scroll down a bit, you'll find it.
http://www.middle-east-info.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 12:20:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 12:14:50 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/24/2010 12:02:02 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/24/2010 12:00:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
It's perfectly related. People have been punished in Saudi Arabia for having Bibles.
Which sources can you provide, and why are they telling the truth?

Oh, this explains alot. Just scroll down a bit, you'll find it.
http://www.middle-east-info.org...
I do not consider those sites reliable. I have experience with various sources and their misinformation, especially because I am from a nation where misinformation is mastered, especially by the West.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 12:41:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have to say that when i was in the USSR we were asked by some young people from Georgia (Soviet Georgia) if we had any bibles. They were not allowed in Soviet Russia, an atheist secular state.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 1:12:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have to admit that Marauder is absolutely correct. Why spread their beliefs in countries that aren't at war and committing the acts that all agree that are terrible? Oh, could it be that they really just want to get their way? They don't really want to stop the really horrible things that are done in the name of religion committed by some jacked up people. It seems they just want to stop the acts that affect their life in their peaceful quiet countries.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 3:49:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 12:20:12 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/24/2010 12:14:50 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/24/2010 12:02:02 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/24/2010 12:00:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
It's perfectly related. People have been punished in Saudi Arabia for having Bibles.
Which sources can you provide, and why are they telling the truth?

Oh, this explains alot. Just scroll down a bit, you'll find it.
http://www.middle-east-info.org...
I do not consider those sites reliable. I have experience with various sources and their misinformation, especially because I am from a nation where misinformation is mastered, especially by the West.

http://www.middle-east-info.org...

Doesn't matter if you don't find the site credible, that's your problem. A sign that says you can't bring non-Muslim paraphernalia into a country is objective evidence.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 4:20:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 1:12:41 PM, jharry wrote:
I have to admit that Marauder is absolutely correct. Why spread their beliefs in countries that aren't at war and committing the acts that all agree that are terrible? Oh, could it be that they really just want to get their way? They don't really want to stop the really horrible things that are done in the name of religion committed by some jacked up people. It seems they just want to stop the acts that affect their life in their peaceful quiet countries.

Why is an atheist speaking out about their non-belief so threatening to you? Are you scared that atheists are bent on taking over the world? Well, don't worry. People don't tend to get persuaded into non-belief like you're use to doing to small children (indoctrination). No, atheists look at facts and theories to understand the world around them... and then find that theology doesn't suit what they believe happened.

It's a logical procession of thought once you start doubting the religious dogma to become an atheist or agnostic (although I wouldn't recommend the latter. It's basically lukewarm atheism). So, what you should really fear is the religious text themselves... because even though some are drawn to it's miracles and promises.... others are repulsed by the disregard of fact and violations to certain scientific laws (like biology or physics). You need to realize that atheists don't just wake up one morning and go, "I think I don't believe in God anymore". Most (if not close to all) were religious themselves or studied religion at one point in their lives... Religion is what creates atheists.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 4:39:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 4:20:53 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 9/24/2010 1:12:41 PM, jharry wrote:
I have to admit that Marauder is absolutely correct. Why spread their beliefs in countries that aren't at war and committing the acts that all agree that are terrible? Oh, could it be that they really just want to get their way? They don't really want to stop the really horrible things that are done in the name of religion committed by some jacked up people. It seems they just want to stop the acts that affect their life in their peaceful quiet countries.


Why is an atheist speaking out about their non-belief so threatening to you? Are you scared that atheists are bent on taking over the world? Well, don't worry. People don't tend to get persuaded into non-belief like you're use to doing to small children (indoctrination). No, atheists look at facts and theories to understand the world around them... and then find that theology doesn't suit what they believe happened.
lol. I don't worry about atheists taking over the world. I would be more worried my children could actually take over my house. I was just agreeing that it seems very strange that there is less speaking out in places where real damage occurs by crazy people that claim religion.

It's a logical procession of thought once you start doubting the religious dogma to become an atheist or agnostic (although I wouldn't recommend the latter. It's basically lukewarm atheism). So, what you should really fear is the religious text themselves... because even though some are drawn to it's miracles and promises.... others are repulsed by the disregard of fact and violations to certain scientific laws (like biology or physics). You need to realize that atheists don't just wake up one morning and go, "I think I don't believe in God anymore". Most (if not close to all) were religious themselves or studied religion at one point in their lives... Religion is what creates atheists.

And that is fine and dandy, don't you just love freedom. Well, as long as we have it that is. I think you would have a hard time speaking out in other countries where your very speech and beliefs are restricted by law. Yes, we do live in a great country.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 4:46:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 4:39:23 PM, jharry wrote:
At 9/24/2010 4:20:53 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 9/24/2010 1:12:41 PM, jharry wrote:

lol. I don't worry about atheists taking over the world. I would be more worried my children could actually take over my house. I was just agreeing that it seems very strange that there is less speaking out in places where real damage occurs by crazy people that claim religion.

Because in those "crazy" places, we'd be killed, just like any other religion that was different to the "crazy" country. For example, if you went to Saudi Arabia and tried preaching Catholicism, you wouldn't be welcomed that nicely. And neither would an atheist. So, atheists are resigned to speaking out in countries where it's allowed and hoping that it can spread to the "crazy" countries.

And that is fine and dandy, don't you just love freedom. Well, as long as we have it that is. I think you would have a hard time speaking out in other countries where your very speech and beliefs are restricted by law. Yes, we do live in a great country.

I do love freedom. And just like you pointed out, we'd have a hard time speaking out in other countries. But here in the US, atheists aren't able to speak out as openly as they do in Europe. America is dominated by religious principles and people. And anything related to atheism is viewed as evil and/or immoral. Luckily, atheists are slowly popping up and speaking out in other secular countries. Hopefully, even in the US, I'll be able to have that sort of freedom in thinking and not be condemned for it.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 6:17:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 3:49:06 PM, Korashk wrote:

Doesn't matter if you don't find the site credible, that's your problem. A sign that says you can't bring non-Muslim paraphernalia into a country is objective evidence.

I'm pretty sure he has called every source that doesn't support his point of view biased and/or unreliable.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:30:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 1:12:41 PM, jharry wrote:
I have to admit that Marauder is absolutely correct. Why spread their beliefs in countries that aren't at war and committing the acts that all agree that are terrible? Oh, could it be that they really just want to get their way? They don't really want to stop the really horrible things that are done in the name of religion committed by some jacked up people. It seems they just want to stop the acts that affect their life in their peaceful quiet countries.

You are attacking American atheists who actually have to endure the stupidity of fundamentalism and the corruption of a secular state, naturally they will be more concerned about that than the middle east.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 11:50:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 11:30:47 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/24/2010 1:12:41 PM, jharry wrote:
I have to admit that Marauder is absolutely correct. Why spread their beliefs in countries that aren't at war and committing the acts that all agree that are terrible? Oh, could it be that they really just want to get their way? They don't really want to stop the really horrible things that are done in the name of religion committed by some jacked up people. It seems they just want to stop the acts that affect their life in their peaceful quiet countries.

You are attacking American atheists who actually have to endure the stupidity of fundamentalism and the corruption of a secular state, naturally they will be more concerned about that than the middle east.

I think the Middle East has enough problems to face... American atheists are sometimes (well, the ones in Seattle) upset by the contradictions of the US government. You can legally say what you want, but then you're ostracized and attacked for it. And so many deny the Christian influences in their politics... I mean, really? Where else would the "sanctity of marriage" come from? Come one...
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2010 12:28:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 10:54:21 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Atheists are trying to get them to give up their religion.

To clarify, the position of atheism is to simply not believe in a deity.

Atheists as a group do not have ANY particular agenda. What a particular atheist advocates is their prerogative, but again one of the big misconceptions about atheists is that they want everyone to abandon their religion while the reality is that most don't care one way or another (so long as religion is not imposed on them).
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2010 12:30:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/24/2010 11:55:44 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/24/2010 11:53:54 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Then why aren't people allowed being Christian, Atheist, or any other religion there?
a) Non-sequitur
b) Certain groups are found there.

Actually she didn't commit a non-sequitur.
President of DDO