Jump to topic:

Religions Wrongfully Against Money

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2010 3:36:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
"All the religions have been against wealth because wealth can give you all that can be purchased in life. And almost everything can be purchased except those spiritual values: love, compassion, enlightenment, freedom; but these few things are exceptions and exceptions always prove the rule. Everything else you can purchase with money and because all the religions have been against life, they were bound to be against money. That is a natural corollary. Life needs money because life needs comforts, life needs good food, life needs good clothes, good houses, life needs beautiful literature, art, poetry." -- OSHO
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2010 2:51:51 AM
At 9/25/2010 3:36:36 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

"All the religions have been against wealth because wealth can give you all that can be purchased in life. And almost everything can be purchased except those spiritual values: love, compassion, enlightenment, freedom; but these few things are exceptions and exceptions always prove the rule. Everything else you can purchase with money and because all the religions have been against life, they were bound to be against money. That is a natural corollary. Life needs money because life needs comforts, life needs good food, life needs good clothes, good houses, life needs beautiful literature, art, poetry." -- OSHO

-----------------

"All religions have been against wealth" ?,, tell that to the money grabbing 10% of your income Mormons who buy shopping malls and own land in Vegas, lol

---------------------------------------------
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2010 3:49:49 AM
At 9/25/2010 3:36:36 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

ignoring just how much bad comes from money, I can honestly say my church has never spoken out or preached against money.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2010 4:47:39 AM
o.O

geo i thought that you were against money...

maybe i am getting my peepz mixed up here...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2010 10:31:45 AM
At 9/27/2010 4:47:39 AM, belle wrote:
o.O

geo i thought that you were against money...

A resource based economy would be preferable, yes, and the Federal Reserve system needs to be abolished, yes, but all of these points are kind of irrelevant to what Osho is saying. My quarral with money is political while Oshos point about money is existential.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2010 10:32:53 AM
At 9/27/2010 10:31:45 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
A resource based economy would be preferable, yes, and the Federal Reserve system needs to be abolished, yes, but all of these points are kind of irrelevant to what Osho is saying. My quarral with money is political while Oshos point about money is existential.
What Osho is saying is untrue and nonsensical.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2010 11:24:38 AM
At 9/27/2010 5:44:44 AM, innomen wrote:
Religions are against greed not money. It's just that often those with a lot of money also have greed, but not always.

Hence why many religions have obligatory charity funds that must be paid. Most people just donate to charity out of the goodness of their hearts though regardless of whether it's obligatory or not.