Jump to topic:

A little reflexion

El_Lobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 12:08:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So I read in some comment that God has given us the free will, and with that we could choose the path to heaven or hell. And roughly, if we do good things, we approach the path to heaven and if we do bad things, we approach the path to hell.

However, do we know actually what's good and what's bad? (It sounds pretty dumb I know, but let me explain). I mean, with my free will I could actually decide that killing people is a good thing and therefore helping anybody else is bad, right?

One answer could be that God has given us "reason" , therefore we know what's good and what's bad. But from what I know, there are too many topics we people disagree on when it comes about deciding, if it is good or bad like being gay for example. Therefore reason (in other words: mind) is just a tool for deciding, what's good and what's bad, but it can't tell us really if we're approaching the path of heaven or hell.

I can't think of another option that would tell us the truth of good and bad, so I suppose the only option left in this case is that we can't know about the true good and true bad. (By true good and bad of course, I mean the definition of these by God).

Or maybe there is one: Follow the words that have been spoken and written down by the founders of our religion in which we believe in. And it is supposed, that these founders must be men of God, so their words must incarnate the definition of true good and bad. But there are so many religions and so many differences between all of them concerning the definition of true good and bad.

Logically, there are 2 possibilities: Either all of these founders are not men of God or only one is and all the others are not. And this is the huge problem, the main cause of all the conflicts related to religion that happened and are happening.

In that case, we can't really know what's the true good and bad. Also, we can't even know if God really exists considering the first possibility mentioned in the paragraph above. But there's one thing: I am pretty sure that everyone prefers the second option, because at least there is a possibility that your belief corresponds to the truth of God.

So what I can tell you is the following:
In order to have increased possibility of following the path of true good, we must rely on the similarities all the religions have between them, and the most represented is Peace and Love (Statistically seen, counting by the beliefs of those who lived and live. This is why I love maths somehow, it's very useful as you can see ;) ). Even atheists who do not believe in God, believe in Peace and Love which in other religions God incarnates. (Yes, I count Atheism as a religion too of course, because they have beliefs too)

Concerning the differences between religions, you must decide if you accept and respect them or not. But don't kill people for different beliefs, because in that case you would go against your belief in Peace and Love. And if your belief is just about hurting other people and nothing else, don't complain when the huge majority puts you in jail and "hurts" you back :) .

Finally, let me finish with this: Yes, I believe in God. Mine's called Peace and Love. What's the name of yours? Ah, cool name, I think we'll be good friends! :)

PS: Please share with me your opinions and complete if you want my reflexion. I'd hugely appreciate it :)
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2015 8:29:18 PM
At 11/4/2015 12:08:26 PM, El_Lobo wrote:
However, do we know actually what's good and what's bad?

I think Bible gives good tools for determining what is good and what is evil. In many cases it seems to be question about just of unjust.

For example, is it right to murder? If you think it is good to murder, you say basically that it is good to murder you. If it is not good to murder you, it is not good to murder anyone else, because if you would do so, you would give also right for others to do the same to you.

Murder is hopefully clearly wrong for all of us, but what about more vague matters? I think the same logic is in all cases. And in my opinion we should begin with question, why something is good or bad. For example homosexuality or more accurately sex between two men. According to the Bible, it is not right. So, is there any reason why it would be good or right? I don"t think so. On the contrary, men"s body is not designed for that. It is misusing body parts that can easily be harmful and so I think it can be said it is not good.

I believe all commandments that God has given are good and all of them have good reason. Sometimes it may just be difficult to see. The rules are not made just to tease people but to help people prosper.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 5:24:14 PM
At 11/4/2015 8:29:18 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 11/4/2015 12:08:26 PM, El_Lobo wrote:
However, do we know actually what's good and what's bad?

I think Bible gives good tools for determining what is good and what is evil. In many cases it seems to be question about just of unjust.

For example, is it right to murder? If you think it is good to murder, you say basically that it is good to murder you. If it is not good to murder you, it is not good to murder anyone else, because if you would do so, you would give also right for others to do the same to you.

Murder is hopefully clearly wrong for all of us, but what about more vague matters? I think the same logic is in all cases. And in my opinion we should begin with question, why something is good or bad. For example homosexuality or more accurately sex between two men. According to the Bible, it is not right. So, is there any reason why it would be good or right? I don"t think so. On the contrary, men"s body is not designed for that. It is misusing body parts that can easily be harmful and so I think it can be said it is not good.

I believe all commandments that God has given are good and all of them have good reason. Sometimes it may just be difficult to see. The rules are not made just to tease people but to help people prosper.

+1
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2015 5:33:49 PM
If you presume that God exists, I'm not sure holy books is where you go for enlightenment. Man has the tendency to corrupt things, so letting them touch his rule book is absurd. I'd look for God's fingerprint in the laws of nature, I'd look at that as a starting point for deriving the moral system he wishes you to have as well, or to see if he even wants you to have a rulebook