Total Posts:110|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why can't everyone get along?

dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 2:43:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

It's really not that many people doing that. It's more an issue of how much power certain lobby groups can have, where a few people with rectal stick implants can impose their ideals on the masses. It's a major failing of democratic capitalism.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 2:54:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 2:57:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

Religion is one of those despicable by-products of our own evolution. We developed the ability to understand and apply the function of things on a micro level, using tools, differentiating between poisons and edibles. Unfortunately, we try to apply that understanding to everything, even the forces of the universe. For some people, no explanation is simply not good enough, like the child who keeps asking why, why, why... Religion probably came about as a way to explain things that couldn't be explained and somehow itself evolved into a way to subjugate people enmasse.
The reason people can't get along is because we're all too stupid. I feel like I don't harbour any unsurmountable animosity to anyone, but I'm impotent to change the world. It's quite frustrating.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:03:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 2:57:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

Religion is one of those despicable by-products of our own evolution. We developed the ability to understand and apply the function of things on a micro level, using tools, differentiating between poisons and edibles. Unfortunately, we try to apply that understanding to everything, even the forces of the universe. For some people, no explanation is simply not good enough, like the child who keeps asking why, why, why... Religion probably came about as a way to explain things that couldn't be explained and somehow itself evolved into a way to subjugate people enmasse.
The reason people can't get along is because we're all too stupid. I feel like I don't harbour any unsurmountable animosity to anyone, but I'm impotent to change the world. It's quite frustrating.

Until enough rational people stand up and tell the religious types who want to run the world according to their ancient tomes to bug off and leave everyone else alone, it won't change. There will still be witch hunts happening in Africa, homosexuality will be a capital crime, children will be taught that all dinosaurs were vegetarians, if they are even told they existed. It's got to start somewhere and with someone. I'm not willing to just stand by so I raise my voice against religious privilege and undeserved authority over others.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:06:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:03:33 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:57:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

Religion is one of those despicable by-products of our own evolution. We developed the ability to understand and apply the function of things on a micro level, using tools, differentiating between poisons and edibles. Unfortunately, we try to apply that understanding to everything, even the forces of the universe. For some people, no explanation is simply not good enough, like the child who keeps asking why, why, why... Religion probably came about as a way to explain things that couldn't be explained and somehow itself evolved into a way to subjugate people enmasse.
The reason people can't get along is because we're all too stupid. I feel like I don't harbour any unsurmountable animosity to anyone, but I'm impotent to change the world. It's quite frustrating.

Until enough rational people stand up and tell the religious types who want to run the world according to their ancient tomes to bug off and leave everyone else alone, it won't change. There will still be witch hunts happening in Africa, homosexuality will be a capital crime, children will be taught that all dinosaurs were vegetarians, if they are even told they existed. It's got to start somewhere and with someone. I'm not willing to just stand by so I raise my voice against religious privilege and undeserved authority over others.

Egad.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:10:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 2:54:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions, do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay, if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

do you see what I mean..lol

but i forgot you are just against religion..lol
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:12:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 2:57:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

Religion is one of those despicable by-products of our own evolution. We developed the ability to understand and apply the function of things on a micro level, using tools, differentiating between poisons and edibles. Unfortunately, we try to apply that understanding to everything, even the forces of the universe. For some people, no explanation is simply not good enough, like the child who keeps asking why, why, why... Religion probably came about as a way to explain things that couldn't be explained and somehow itself evolved into a way to subjugate people enmasse.
The reason people can't get along is because we're all too stupid. I feel like I don't harbour any unsurmountable animosity to anyone, but I'm impotent to change the world. It's quite frustrating.

lol, humans thinking for themselves is the problem not religion actually Christians are friendly happy and not out to kill anyone, some religions clearly are harmful..

but we fall out over more things than religion and to be honest religion has been used as a tool by those who have not real ionteerset in other than control...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:13:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:10:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:54:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions, do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay, if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

do you see what I mean..lol

but i forgot you are just against religion..lol

I don't worry about that because it's none of my business if they're gay, straight, or trans. It's irrelevant to my life. If believers kept their beliefs at home and within their own personal sphere, I'd never have reason to complain. It's when a presidential candidate says that if a man doesn't get on his knees to worship God first thing every morning that he's not worthy of being President that I have to get involved. That's a theocratic mindset and this isn't a theocracy, it's a secular republic. Hope that clears things up a bit for you.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,808
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:16:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Because we have the ability to have different beliefs and we aren't inherently made to cooperate with each other.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:20:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:16:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Because we have the ability to have different beliefs and we aren't inherently made to cooperate with each other.

Actually, we are. We are a social species like many others but, like them, there are those who want to be at the top of the hierarchy. Some turn to politics and gain influence that way. Others use religion to satisfy that need. We're still primitive in many ways but we have the ability to go beyond our instincts. That's what makes us different from most other species.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,808
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:22:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:20:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:16:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Because we have the ability to have different beliefs and we aren't inherently made to cooperate with each other.

Actually, we are. We are a social species like many others but, like them, there are those who want to be at the top of the hierarchy. Some turn to politics and gain influence that way. Others use religion to satisfy that need. We're still primitive in many ways but we have the ability to go beyond our instincts. That's what makes us different from most other species.

That's debatable on your opinion on what the state of nature is.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,808
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:23:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:20:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:16:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Because we have the ability to have different beliefs and we aren't inherently made to cooperate with each other.

Actually, we are. We are a social species like many others but, like them, there are those who want to be at the top of the hierarchy. Some turn to politics and gain influence that way. Others use religion to satisfy that need. We're still primitive in many ways but we have the ability to go beyond our instincts. That's what makes us different from most other species.

I guess that's another problem though. The "I'm right you're wrong" mentality where very few take a middle ground.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:35:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions,

So then don't legislate tenants that specifically relate to religion (gay marriage).

do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay,

Its illegal to say you disagree with being gay? When did that happen. Up until recently, it was illegal for gays to get married. See the difference?

if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

If you seek to actively prevent the pursuit of their happiness, sounds pretty appropriate.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:36:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:22:49 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:20:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:16:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Because we have the ability to have different beliefs and we aren't inherently made to cooperate with each other.

Actually, we are. We are a social species like many others but, like them, there are those who want to be at the top of the hierarchy. Some turn to politics and gain influence that way. Others use religion to satisfy that need. We're still primitive in many ways but we have the ability to go beyond our instincts. That's what makes us different from most other species.

That's debatable on your opinion on what the state of nature is.

No, it's observable phenomena. Troops of baboons have a leader, as to chimp and great apes, our closest relatives in the animal kingdom. For elephants, there's a female leader that guides her heard. This is not opinion.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:37:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:23:50 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:20:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:16:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Because we have the ability to have different beliefs and we aren't inherently made to cooperate with each other.

Actually, we are. We are a social species like many others but, like them, there are those who want to be at the top of the hierarchy. Some turn to politics and gain influence that way. Others use religion to satisfy that need. We're still primitive in many ways but we have the ability to go beyond our instincts. That's what makes us different from most other species.

I guess that's another problem though. The "I'm right you're wrong" mentality where very few take a middle ground.

Uh, no, I was correcting a misapprehension on your part. If you feel I was trying to 'one-up' you, I am sorry. I just wanted you to have correct information.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:38:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:13:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:10:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:54:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions, do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay, if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

do you see what I mean..lol

but i forgot you are just against religion..lol

I don't worry about that because it's none of my business if they're gay, straight, or trans. It's irrelevant to my life. If believers kept their beliefs at home and within their own personal sphere, I'd never have reason to complain. It's when a presidential candidate says that if a man doesn't get on his knees to worship God first thing every morning that he's not worthy of being President that I have to get involved. That's a theocratic mindset and this isn't a theocracy, it's a secular republic. Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

so gays forcing churches to marry them , gays forcing the state to teach about gay sex is none of your business yet religions are..

Is schools teaching unproven theories as fact a problem...
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:40:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:38:44 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:13:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:10:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:54:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions, do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay, if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

do you see what I mean..lol

but i forgot you are just against religion..lol

I don't worry about that because it's none of my business if they're gay, straight, or trans. It's irrelevant to my life. If believers kept their beliefs at home and within their own personal sphere, I'd never have reason to complain. It's when a presidential candidate says that if a man doesn't get on his knees to worship God first thing every morning that he's not worthy of being President that I have to get involved. That's a theocratic mindset and this isn't a theocracy, it's a secular republic. Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

so gays forcing churches to marry them , gays forcing the state to teach about gay sex is none of your business yet religions are..

Is schools teaching unproven theories as fact a problem...

Those crazy unproven creationist theories.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:41:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:35:35 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions,

So then don't legislate tenants that specifically relate to religion (gay marriage).

do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay,

Its illegal to say you disagree with being gay? When did that happen. Up until recently, it was illegal for gays to get married. See the difference?

if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

If you seek to actively prevent the pursuit of their happiness, sounds pretty appropriate.

we have people suing churches because they will not marry gays, we have churches who have stopped marrying anyone so gays cannot complain inequality..

we have Christian businesses being targeted by gays to make problems..

now do you see the difference..lol

and the opnes who seek to stop Christians being happy or doesn't it work both ways..

like most you don't want equality..lol
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:43:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:40:44 PM, desmac wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:38:44 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:13:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:10:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:54:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions, do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay, if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

do you see what I mean..lol

but i forgot you are just against religion..lol

I don't worry about that because it's none of my business if they're gay, straight, or trans. It's irrelevant to my life. If believers kept their beliefs at home and within their own personal sphere, I'd never have reason to complain. It's when a presidential candidate says that if a man doesn't get on his knees to worship God first thing every morning that he's not worthy of being President that I have to get involved. That's a theocratic mindset and this isn't a theocracy, it's a secular republic. Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

so gays forcing churches to marry them , gays forcing the state to teach about gay sex is none of your business yet religions are..

Is schools teaching unproven theories as fact a problem...

Those crazy unproven creationist theories.

but you see creation is not taught as fact by teachers who believe what they are teaching, some science is taught as fact , in so called science labs by teachers who believe it, brain washing in a major way..

why should normal kids from normal families have their kids taught about gay sex at the whim of a minority...

it seems bible bashing has been swapped for immoral bashing...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,808
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:44:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:37:46 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:23:50 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:20:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:16:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Because we have the ability to have different beliefs and we aren't inherently made to cooperate with each other.

Actually, we are. We are a social species like many others but, like them, there are those who want to be at the top of the hierarchy. Some turn to politics and gain influence that way. Others use religion to satisfy that need. We're still primitive in many ways but we have the ability to go beyond our instincts. That's what makes us different from most other species.

I guess that's another problem though. The "I'm right you're wrong" mentality where very few take a middle ground.

Uh, no, I was correcting a misapprehension on your part. If you feel I was trying to 'one-up' you, I am sorry. I just wanted you to have correct information.

That "misapprehension" is your own opinion.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:46:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:44:22 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:37:46 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:23:50 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:20:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:16:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Because we have the ability to have different beliefs and we aren't inherently made to cooperate with each other.

Actually, we are. We are a social species like many others but, like them, there are those who want to be at the top of the hierarchy. Some turn to politics and gain influence that way. Others use religion to satisfy that need. We're still primitive in many ways but we have the ability to go beyond our instincts. That's what makes us different from most other species.

I guess that's another problem though. The "I'm right you're wrong" mentality where very few take a middle ground.

Uh, no, I was correcting a misapprehension on your part. If you feel I was trying to 'one-up' you, I am sorry. I just wanted you to have correct information.

That "misapprehension" is your own opinion.

And, as previously noted, all you have to do is examine nature and you'll see that hierarchical structure in baboons, chimpanzees, gorillas, elephants, wolves, and other species. There's always an alpha in charge. What part is opinion?
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:49:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:38:44 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:13:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:10:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:54:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions, do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay, if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

do you see what I mean..lol

but i forgot you are just against religion..lol

I don't worry about that because it's none of my business if they're gay, straight, or trans. It's irrelevant to my life. If believers kept their beliefs at home and within their own personal sphere, I'd never have reason to complain. It's when a presidential candidate says that if a man doesn't get on his knees to worship God first thing every morning that he's not worthy of being President that I have to get involved. That's a theocratic mindset and this isn't a theocracy, it's a secular republic. Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

so gays forcing churches to marry them , gays forcing the state to teach about gay sex is none of your business yet religions are..

Is schools teaching unproven theories as fact a problem...

No gay can force a church to marry them, that's not happening. Are they trying to get churches to change their policy? Yes, but that's their right.

No state is forced to teach about gay sex. You are pulling stuff out of your hat to try and justify your attitude.

Evolution is a well-studied and documented Theory, just like Gravity, Atoms, Germ Theory, and Relativity. Funny how no one questions them all that much. Teaching religious myths as fact, that's a real problem.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:50:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions,

So then don't legislate tenants that specifically relate to religion (gay marriage).

do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay,

Its illegal to say you disagree with being gay? When did that happen. Up until recently, it was illegal for gays to get married. See the difference?

if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

If you seek to actively prevent the pursuit of their happiness, sounds pretty appropriate.

we have people suing churches because they will not marry gays,

I am not referring to a church, that is their own business, I am referring to LAWS that are supposed to applied to all.

we have churches who have stopped marrying anyone so gays cannot complain inequality..

Sounds like the fixed it themselves, then.

we have Christian businesses being targeted by gays to make problems..

... "God hates F@gs". You tell me who the real trouble makers are. Christianity and business seldom run in the same circles.

now do you see the difference..lol

You haven't actually stated a difference.

and the opnes who seek to stop Christians being happy or doesn't it work both ways..

In what way have gays states Christians are not afforded equal protection under the law?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:51:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:41:18 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:35:35 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions,

So then don't legislate tenants that specifically relate to religion (gay marriage).

do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay,

Its illegal to say you disagree with being gay? When did that happen. Up until recently, it was illegal for gays to get married. See the difference?

if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

If you seek to actively prevent the pursuit of their happiness, sounds pretty appropriate.

we have people suing churches because they will not marry gays, we have churches who have stopped marrying anyone so gays cannot complain inequality..

we have Christian businesses being targeted by gays to make problems..

now do you see the difference..lol

and the opnes who seek to stop Christians being happy or doesn't it work both ways..

like most you don't want equality..lol

As we can plainly see, religion causes folks to hate other people and then causes them to lie about it and claim to be victimized when their hatred is exposed.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 4:04:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:49:28 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:38:44 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:13:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:10:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:54:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions, do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay, if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

do you see what I mean..lol

but i forgot you are just against religion..lol

I don't worry about that because it's none of my business if they're gay, straight, or trans. It's irrelevant to my life. If believers kept their beliefs at home and within their own personal sphere, I'd never have reason to complain. It's when a presidential candidate says that if a man doesn't get on his knees to worship God first thing every morning that he's not worthy of being President that I have to get involved. That's a theocratic mindset and this isn't a theocracy, it's a secular republic. Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

so gays forcing churches to marry them , gays forcing the state to teach about gay sex is none of your business yet religions are..

Is schools teaching unproven theories as fact a problem...

No gay can force a church to marry them, that's not happening. Are they trying to get churches to change their policy? Yes, but that's their right.

No state is forced to teach about gay sex. You are pulling stuff out of your hat to try and justify your attitude.

Evolution is a well-studied and documented Theory, just like Gravity, Atoms, Germ Theory, and Relativity. Funny how no one questions them all that much. Teaching religious myths as fact, that's a real problem.

lol..there is a case in court in Britain at this moment , where two gays are suing there local church as they won't marry them in the church...

evolution is still a theory and not proven but taught as fact..

gay sex is being taught and they want to teach it to very young kids...

funny how you only seem to dislike religion but when others force their agenda that's fine..

you sound like a bigot...
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 4:04:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/13/2015 3:38:44 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:13:56 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 3:10:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:54:48 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:51:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:41:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:38:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
It's a crying shame.

Well, when people stop trying to place their religious rules above the law of the land and decide to stop trying tell people how to live based on ancient rules that have no relevance to modern times, cherry pick their holy books to make they say what they want to, and get the hell out of government and schools where they don't belong, we'll get along just fine.

lol... people are people and disagree on many things if it wasn't about religion it would be possessions, oil, property, which end you open your boiled egg...

the idiots who blame religion are just blind or ignorant or both..

I don't blame religion for everything. I don't blame religion at all. I blame the believers who think it's their God-given right to tell everyone else how to live and what to think and demonize anyone who criticizes their actions. See the difference?

believers live how they believe it's up to others to make there own decisions, do you think it's right thank you cannot say you disagree with people being gay, if you don't agree with then being gay and normal you are labeled and demonised as a homophobe now it goes for transgenders..

do you see what I mean..lol

but i forgot you are just against religion..lol

I don't worry about that because it's none of my business if they're gay, straight, or trans. It's irrelevant to my life. If believers kept their beliefs at home and within their own personal sphere, I'd never have reason to complain. It's when a presidential candidate says that if a man doesn't get on his knees to worship God first thing every morning that he's not worthy of being President that I have to get involved. That's a theocratic mindset and this isn't a theocracy, it's a secular republic. Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

so gays forcing churches to marry them , gays forcing the state to teach about gay sex is none of your business yet religions are..

Is schools teaching unproven theories as fact a problem...

I do agree with you to that the decision to have no matter what church be de facto forced to conduct same sex marriages is an aggravating, counterproductive and, more importantly, liberty-violating decision by the sate. Churches and people should be perfectly allowed to exercise their freedom of conscience as long as it doesn't go against common law. If a church refuses to marry a gay couple on grounds of religious doctrine, the couple is free to seek and will most likely find some other officer willing and legally capable of conducting the ceremony. You have a point there.

If you mean Evolution, I would encourage you to take the time to educate yourself. I suspect you haven't.