Jump to topic:

What happened to ...

dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 2:39:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
the separation of church and state? Ham's bunch already lost tax breaks because the 'attraction' is blatantly religious but now some Republican gubernatorial candidate says he'll give it back. I don't get it. The established law is pretty clear, why do some Christians think it's ok to violate it, knowing it will be challenged and most likely lose in court?

http://www.msn.com...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 2:41:00 PM
At 11/13/2015 2:39:34 PM, dhardage wrote:
the separation of church and state? Ham's bunch already lost tax breaks because the 'attraction' is blatantly religious but now some Republican gubernatorial candidate says he'll give it back. I don't get it. The established law is pretty clear, why do some Christians think it's ok to violate it, knowing it will be challenged and most likely lose in court?

Don't you know we have real problems, like drugs and terrorists?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 2:42:29 PM
At 11/13/2015 2:41:00 PM, tvellalott wrote:

So? That doesn't make this right. Why should taxpayers, many of whom don't necessarily agree with what Ham preaches, be forced to help foot the bill to promote his beliefs?
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 2:44:49 PM
At 11/13/2015 2:42:29 PM, dhardage wrote:

So? That doesn't make this right. Why should taxpayers, many of whom don't necessarily agree with what Ham preaches, be forced to help foot the bill to promote his beliefs?

It's too late. He has already gained relevancy. He's like that Tales from the Darkside story with the monster who comes and fvcks you up when you say his name.

Muh threads
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 2:57:17 PM
At 11/13/2015 2:44:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:

It's too late. He has already gained relevancy. He's like that Tales from the Darkside story with the monster who comes and fvcks you up when you say his name.

He's only relevant in a country full of gullible people who'll swallow anything if it makes them feel special. He couldn't do this successfully in his own country so he came here to take advantage of the poor souls who need something bigger than themselves to believe in and feel safe. He's repugnant.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:00:34 PM
At 11/13/2015 2:57:17 PM, dhardage wrote:

He's only relevant in a country full of gullible people who'll swallow anything if it makes them feel special. He couldn't do this successfully in his own country so he came here to take advantage of the poor souls who need something bigger than themselves to believe in and feel safe. He's repugnant.

Don't blame him. There will always be people like him so long as people keep putting themselves into little subgroups so they can feel special and better than other people. We really need to break down all these barriers, every one. What the world really needs is stinking hippies. As much as I hate to say it, they were right. Love is the power. Don't be hating on some poor schmuck trying to make a nickel for his granny. Hate yourself for thinking you're better than him.

Muh threads
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 3:17:08 PM
At 11/13/2015 3:00:34 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/13/2015 2:57:17 PM, dhardage wrote:

Don't blame him. There will always be people like him so long as people keep putting themselves into little subgroups so they can feel special and better than other people. We really need to break down all these barriers, every one. What the world really needs is stinking hippies. As much as I hate to say it, they were right. Love is the power. Don't be hating on some poor schmuck trying to make a nickel for his granny. Hate yourself for thinking you're better than him.

I don't hate him, I'm repelled and disgusted by him and his ilk. They're basically con men using religion as a tool to get power and privilege. They're parasites, nothing more. I am better than him because I don't need to bilk others out of their hard-earned cash to support me and mine, I work for a living. I won't hate myself for being honest.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 5:46:59 PM
It makes perfect sense to build an Ark when the rest of the country is experiencing unexpected floods.
Even in a country as bad as America with all the war mongering, greed and racial discrimination there are a few things worth saving. Hence the need for the Ark.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 6:38:50 PM
At 11/13/2015 5:46:59 PM, Harikrish wrote:
It makes perfect sense to build an Ark when the rest of the country is experiencing unexpected floods.
Even in a country as bad as America with all the war mongering, greed and racial discrimination there are a few things worth saving. Hence the need for the Ark.

Will the conman Ham be getting the required number of beasts (from bacteria to elephants) to fill his tourist attraction? And a family committed to long term incest to crew it?
Does the bible classify kangaroos as clean or unclean? Gotta know how many are allowed on the boat.
Did the mythological Noah get tax breaks to build his boat?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 1:44:56 AM
At 11/13/2015 6:38:50 PM, desmac wrote:

Will the conman Ham be getting the required number of beasts (from bacteria to elephants) to fill his tourist attraction? And a family committed to long term incest to crew it?
Does the bible classify kangaroos as clean or unclean? Gotta know how many are allowed on the boat.

With you level of education and mental development, there will be no room on the Ark for you. You can apply for a tax refund by productions your rejection.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 9:58:37 AM
At 11/14/2015 1:44:56 AM, Harikrish wrote:

With you level of education and mental development, there will be no room on the Ark for you. You can apply for a tax refund by productions your rejection.

You must be right about my level of mental development and education as I can't make head nor tail of your second "sentence".
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 2:46:10 PM
At 11/14/2015 9:58:37 AM, desmac wrote:

You must be right about my level of mental development and education as I can't make head nor tail of your second "sentence".

Sorry made a typo.

It should read " With you level of education and mental development, there will be no room on the Ark for you. You can apply for a tax refund by producing (a copy) of) your rejection."

Not surprised you got stumped by a typo.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 2:51:39 PM
At 11/14/2015 2:46:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Sorry made a typo.

It should read " With you level of education and mental development, there will be no room on the Ark for you. You can apply for a tax refund by producing (a copy) of) your rejection."

With the amount of gibberish you produce on here, it is almost impossible to distinguish between your typo's and your intended message.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 2:58:36 PM
At 11/14/2015 2:51:39 PM, desmac wrote:

Sorry made a typo.

With the amount of gibberish you produce on here, it is almost impossible to distinguish between your typo's and your intended message.

Now you are admitting you get stumped easily. Get an education. You are not bright enough to engage in an intelligent discussion. Getting stumped by a typo.....lol!!!
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 3:09:47 PM
At 11/14/2015 2:58:36 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 11/14/2015 2:51:39 PM, desmac wrote:

Sorry made a typo.

Now you are admitting you get stumped easily. Get an education. You are not bright enough to engage in an intelligent discussion. Getting stumped by a typo.....lol!!!

A simple typo that has 13 different characters from the later version, which itself didn't address the points in my post.