Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

What would you ask God?

Benshapiro
Posts: 4,116
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2015 11:48:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
For the sake of argument, let's say that you find yourself in the presence of a deity that masterminded all of existence and he's willing to answer any questions that you have. What questions pop into your head? Would you ask about things in your personal life that you haven't understood? Or more existential questions like ones regarding human purpose? The nature of free will? What would you ask if you could be provided an answer?
dee-em
Posts: 8,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 1:09:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
What time is it?
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 5:06:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/13/2015 11:48:39 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
For the sake of argument, let's say that you find yourself in the presence of a deity that masterminded all of existence and he's willing to answer any questions that you have. What questions pop into your head? Would you ask about things in your personal life that you haven't understood? Or more existential questions like ones regarding human purpose? The nature of free will? What would you ask if you could be provided an answer?

What are your characteristics (omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, etc)? Have you ever directly communicated with humans? Are there other types of life? What created you? How many universes are there? How many dimensions are there in this universe? Why did you create an imperfect world/universe? Why the detour through the heart for vocal cord nerves? How many other "gods" exist? What is your name?
Science has taught us that, because we have a talent for deceiving ourselves, subjectivity may not freely reign. - Carl Sagan

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
tvellalott
Posts: 10,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 5:15:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/13/2015 11:48:39 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
For the sake of argument, let's say that you find yourself in the presence of a deity that masterminded all of existence and he's willing to answer any questions that you have. What questions pop into your head? Would you ask about things in your personal life that you haven't understood? Or more existential questions like ones regarding human purpose? The nature of free will? What would you ask if you could be provided an answer?

What's the deal with airline food?
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 7:26:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/13/2015 11:48:39 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
For the sake of argument, let's say that you find yourself in the presence of a deity that masterminded all of existence and he's willing to answer any questions that you have. What questions pop into your head? Would you ask about things in your personal life that you haven't understood? Or more existential questions like ones regarding human purpose? The nature of free will? What would you ask if you could be provided an answer?

Why ?..............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 13,644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 4:15:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/13/2015 11:48:39 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
For the sake of argument, let's say that you find yourself in the presence of a deity that masterminded all of existence and he's willing to answer any questions that you have. What questions pop into your head? Would you ask about things in your personal life that you haven't understood? Or more existential questions like ones regarding human purpose? The nature of free will? What would you ask if you could be provided an answer?

Why did you give believers a brain but never taught them how to use it?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 4:20:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/13/2015 11:48:39 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
For the sake of argument, let's say that you find yourself in the presence of a deity that masterminded all of existence and he's willing to answer any questions that you have. What questions pop into your head? Would you ask about things in your personal life that you haven't understood? Or more existential questions like ones regarding human purpose? The nature of free will? What would you ask if you could be provided an answer?

Are there other beings spread across realities and what are they like? What are some of their stories? What types of things did they have to overcome?
bulproof
Posts: 30,859
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2015 4:24:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/14/2015 4:20:43 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
At 11/13/2015 11:48:39 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
For the sake of argument, let's say that you find yourself in the presence of a deity that masterminded all of existence and he's willing to answer any questions that you have. What questions pop into your head? Would you ask about things in your personal life that you haven't understood? Or more existential questions like ones regarding human purpose? The nature of free will? What would you ask if you could be provided an answer?

Are there other beings spread across realities and what are they like? What are some of their stories? What types of things did they have to overcome?

That is the first intelligent thing I've seen you write, it of course contradicts your religious beliefs but is quite intelligent.
If you can consider that question then why do you believe your religion?