Let us all Apologize to Islam

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 12:25:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 12:19:00 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
I apologize to Islam. You are no threat to the civilized world. I was obviously wrong.

There are elements within Islam which are direct threats to enlightenment values.

This is also true of Christianity.

Here is what piss*s me of, I find some religious people want to point out the problems of islam yet some of those same problems exist in their own religion............

Don't bother complaining about how islam or some variation is a threat to the civilized world unless you also are wiling to do the same for chrsitianity and (insert religion X here)
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 12:33:19 AM
At 11/15/2015 12:25:17 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
I apologize to Islam. You are no threat to the civilized world. I was obviously wrong.

There are elements within Islam which are direct threats to enlightenment values.

Here is what piss*s me of, I find some religious people want to point out the problems of islam yet some of those same problems exist in their own religion............

Don't bother complaining about how islam or some variation is a threat to the civilized world unless you also are wiling to do the same for chrsitianity and (insert religion X here)

+1
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 12:36:07 AM

When it comes to threats to the civilized world, I can't think of any religion that can even be remotely compared to Islam. Can you?

Ken
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 12:55:53 AM
At 11/15/2015 12:36:07 AM, ken1122 wrote:

When it comes to threats to the civilized world, I can't think of any religion that can even be remotely compared to Islam. Can you?

If you want to rank some vartion of islam as threat number 1 then fine, but once again I repeat, I have no patience for people who want to bash islam when it takes a dump on enlightenment values but look the other way when say Christianity does it.

Ken
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 12:57:33 AM

It is human extremists which are a threat to humans regardless of their religion or political bias.

People obviously like to fight and argue and create wars with others over all kinds of trivial things.
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 1:08:04 AM
At 11/15/2015 12:55:53 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

If you want to rank some vartion of islam as threat number 1 then fine, but once again I repeat, I have no patience for people who want to bash islam when it takes a dump on enlightenment values but look the other way when say Christianity does it.

Ken
A dump on enlightenment values is the least of our problems; I"m talking about the type of craziness like what happened in France a few days back. How many religions do you know of who produce extremists who are involved in this type of organized terrorism?

Ken
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 1:10:44 AM
At 11/15/2015 12:57:33 AM, Skyangel wrote:

It is human extremists which are a threat to humans regardless of their religion or political bias.

People obviously like to fight and argue and create wars with others over all kinds of trivial things.

All religions have extremists, but it seems Islam extremists have taken it to a different level.

Ken
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 1:15:29 AM
At 11/15/2015 1:08:04 AM, ken1122 wrote:

Ken
A dump on enlightenment values is the least of our problems; I"m talking about the type of craziness like what happened in France a few days back. How many religions do you know of who produce extremists who are involved in this type of organized terrorism?

The dumping of enlightenment values among other things include killing people because they don't agree or argue against certain metaphysical positions.

Kind of goes against the whole free speech, free inquiry, no proposition is beyond scrutiny, etc etc

And I hope you don't think such things ever only happen in the world of islam.............

Ken
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 1:44:02 AM
At 11/15/2015 1:10:44 AM, ken1122 wrote:

All religions have extremists, but it seems Islam extremists have taken it to a different level.

Ken

Islam would like more than an apology. It would like the systematic destruction of its believers stopped. The World have been united in its war against Islam. But the world cannot eliminate 1.4 billion Muslims. What is lacking is Christian love.
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 3:26:10 AM
At 11/15/2015 1:15:29 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Ken

The dumping of enlightenment values among other things include killing people because they don't agree or argue against certain metaphysical positions.

Kind of goes against the whole free speech, free inquiry, no proposition is beyond scrutiny, etc etc

And I hope you don't think such things ever only happen in the world of islam.............

Ken
No it doesn't only happen in the world of Islam, they are taking it outside of their world and trying to bring it to ours; THAT is the problem.

Ken
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 5:03:24 AM

You're not seriously comparing Islam to Christianity are you? Is it Christians that are killing and making terrorist armies that are being used to rape, kill and torture? Shall I s art saying what "pisses me off" about Atheism is thst it is just like Islam. Eat a reality sandwich and wake up. Quit apologizing for Islam and making excuses. You are enabling them to kill by not being bold enough to face the truth.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 5:05:04 AM
This wussified backing down from Islam is what "pisses me off". Political correctness is the cowards way out. Man up.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 5:07:52 AM

It's not Atheists, Christians, Hindus, Jews, or Buhdists doing this crap in mass.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 5:31:07 AM

Ken

Response: Islam is the best thing that could have happened to the civilized world, as the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah creates the best civilization.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:31:09 AM
At 11/15/2015 5:03:24 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

You're not seriously comparing Islam to Christianity are you? Is it Christians that are killing and making terrorist armies that are being used to rape, kill and torture? Shall I s art saying what "pisses me off" about Atheism is thst it is just like Islam. Eat a reality sandwich and wake up. Quit apologizing for Islam and making excuses. You are enabling them to kill by not being bold enough to face the truth.

I am sorry I pointed out that Islam isn't the only religion to have "problems", problems to such an extent that they conflict with enlightenment values.

I am sorry that I don't pretend that Christianity is nothing but the perfection of enlightenment values.

Thank you for pointing out that when christianity is said to have problems with enlightenment values the correct thing to do is attack the person as an apologist for islam.

So now can we come out of fantasy land and back to reality..................

We have problems of dogma, we have problems where some beliefs are kept immune from the scrutiny of rational inquiry, we have a problem where metaphysics beliefs can result in a world view where some humans who don't toe a theological line can have all sorts nasty stuff done to them................

These problems and more exist beyond Islam.

Do you understand in order to address the problems we can't just be selective when to attack it ?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:43:17 AM
At 11/15/2015 3:26:10 AM, ken1122 wrote:
At 11/15/2015 1:15:29 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Ken

Ken
No it doesn't only happen in the world of Islam, they are taking it outside of their world and trying to bring it to ours; THAT is the problem.

I don't think you believe what your statement implies, Your statement implies they it would be okey if they kept there anti enlightenment ways to their own corner of the world..............

You don't really believe that ? you want all people to have certain freedoms right ?

Ken
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:46:52 AM
At 11/15/2015 5:31:07 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Ken

Response: Islam is the best thing that could have happened to the civilized world, as the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah creates the best civilization.

Looks like we got a comedian...........
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:48:46 AM
At 11/15/2015 7:31:09 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 11/15/2015 5:03:24 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

I am sorry I pointed out that Islam isn't the only religion to have "problems", problems to such an extent that they conflict with enlightenment values.

I am sorry that I don't pretend that Christianity is nothing but the perfection of enlightenment values.

Thank you for pointing out that when christianity is said to have problems with enlightenment values the correct thing to do is attack the person as an apologist for islam.

So now can we come out of fantasy land and back to reality..................

We have problems of dogma, we have problems where some beliefs are kept immune from the scrutiny of rational inquiry, we have a problem where metaphysics beliefs can result in a world view where some humans who don't toe a theological line can have all sorts nasty stuff done to them................

These problems and more exist beyond Islam.

Do you understand in order to address the problems we can't just be selective when to attack it ?

* These problems exist in islam and beyond it...........
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 9:10:24 AM

Ken

These teachings include, of course, that "children like sex"
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 1:56:46 PM

Ken

The Islamists are hoping to create the best civilization by driving the Muslims out of the countries in the Middle East.

800 million Muslims out of 1.4 billion are illiterate: Dr Farrukh Salem
https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 3:09:35 PM
At 11/15/2015 1:56:46 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Ken

The Islamists are hoping to create the best civilization by driving the Muslims out of the countries in the Middle East.

Just like you Hari.............................fellow travelers...................you must love them with their ignorance..................course you do.
Big shout out for ignorance Hari, you know nothing else.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
TanusBarbarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 3:37:06 PM

Ken

If by BEST THING, you mean the best thing to undo centuries of advancement in human rights, the fight against tribalism, the advancement of women, the fight against religious extremism, then YOU'RE RIGHT! Islam seems the "best" way to take us back to the 7th Century.
Obviously, by BEST CIVILIZATION, you point as your example to all of the "civilized" success stories within the Muslim world, where because of the people and governments living according to Allah's law, peace reigns. Oh, that's right, there are no Islamic success stories. The more a country follows the example of Muhammad, the more backward they are in all of the aspects of what might be called "civilization".
Maintaining the illusion of consciousness since 1969...
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 3:47:53 PM
At 11/15/2015 7:46:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Ken

Response: I agree. You are nothing but a joke.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 3:56:49 PM
At 11/15/2015 3:47:53 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Ken

Not as funny as your great one liner "children enjoy sex", fati.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 3:58:00 PM
At 11/15/2015 3:09:35 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/15/2015 1:56:46 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Ken

Just like you Hari.............................fellow travelers...................you must love them with their ignorance..................course you do.
Big shout out for ignorance Hari, you know nothing else.

Any you got banned for your stupidly. Rather ironic. Duh!!
Disappearinghead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 4:09:39 PM
At 11/15/2015 3:47:53 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Ken

God's curse be upon the infidels! Evil is that for which they have bartered away their souls. To deny God's own revelation, grudging that He should reveal His bounty to whom He chooses from among His servants! They have incurred God's most inexorable wrath. An ignominious punishment awaits the unbelievers.
Quran 2:89-2:90

"Lord...give us victory over the unbelievers."
Quran 3:148

I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers.
Quran 8:12

Slay them wherever you find them. Drive them out of the places from which they drove you. Idolatry is worse than carnage.
Quran 2:190-2:191

When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.
Quran 9:5

Prophet, make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home: an evil fate.
Quran 9:73

Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them. Know that God is with the righteous.
Quran 9:123,

Garments of fire have been prepared for the unbelievers. Scalding water shall be poured upon their heads, melting their skins and that which is in their bellies. They shall be lashed with rods of iron.

Whenever, in their anguish, they try to escape from Hell, back they shall be dragged, and will be told: "Taste the torment of the Conflagration!"
Quran 22:19-20

Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another.
Quran 48:29

Those that deny Our revelations We will burn in fire. No sooner will their skins be consumed than We shall give them other skins, so that they may truly taste the scourge. God is mighty and wise.
Quran 5:33

When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.
Quran 47:4,

Let not the unbelievers think that they will ever get away. They have not the power to do so. Muster against them all the men and cavalry at your command, so that you may strike terror into the enemy of God and your enemy...
Quran 8:59-60,

Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another. Whoever of you seeks their friendship shall become one of their number. God does not guide the wrong-doers.
Quran 5:51

The unbelievers among the People of the Book [Bible] and the pagans shall burn for ever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures.
Quran 98:6,
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 4:10:50 PM
At 11/15/2015 3:37:06 PM, TanusBarbarus wrote:

If by BEST THING, you mean the best thing to undo centuries of advancement in human rights, the fight against tribalism, the advancement of women, the fight against religious extremism, then YOU'RE RIGHT! Islam seems the "best" way to take us back to the 7th Century.
Obviously, by BEST CIVILIZATION, you point as your example to all of the "civilized" success stories within the Muslim world, where because of the people and governments living according to Allah's law, peace reigns. Oh, that's right, there are no Islamic success stories. The more a country follows the example of Muhammad, the more backward they are in all of the aspects of what might be called "civilization".

Response: Islam says give to charity and bans interest. Your values support bank interest, putting people in debt and destroying the economy. Islam says women are to be protected and are not obligated to work. Your values makes them work and sends the kids to a babysitter, who is not their parent, thus destroying the family. Islam says to dress modestly and not flaunt your sexuality. Your values allow it, thus promoting the leading cause of rape and molestation. Etc...

So if your values is better than Islam, such thinking clearly stems from brain damage resulting from poor values, rather than following Islam.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 4:12:53 PM
At 11/15/2015 4:10:50 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Islam says give to charity and bans interest. Your values support bank interest, putting people in debt and destroying the economy. Islam says women are to be protected and are not obligated to work. Your values makes them work and sends the kids to a babysitter, who is not their parent, thus destroying the family. Islam says to dress modestly and not flaunt your sexuality. Your values allow it, thus promoting the leading cause of rape and molestation. Etc...

So if your values is better than Islam, such thinking clearly stems from brain damage resulting from poor values, rather than following Islam.

According to you, fati, Islam also says "children like sex".
Disappearinghead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 4:15:25 PM
At 11/15/2015 4:10:50 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Islam says kill infidels wherever you can find them. Islam says its OK to marry a six year old girl whilst the civilised world calls that paedophilia. Islam says women who are raped can be stoned to death. Islam says women can be beaten by their husbands.