Jump to topic:

How many gods exist?

Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 12:27:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The god of the bible doesn't know all the other gods. Therefore he is not omniscient.
He claims there are none.

Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

The ironic thing is that the bible is filled with references to all the many gods which people worshiped.

Mythical gods are human creations and humans obviously love to worship their own creations. If no mythical gods existed, no one would have any reason to worship any of them.

When one mythical character claims there are no other mythical characters but him, does that make that one character more real than the rest ?

Gullible people obviously think it does.

The same gullible people like to believe Satan is the God of this world when the God of the bible claims no other gods but him exist.

So how many gods exist?

The god of this world called Satan ?
The god called Jesus?
The god called Jehovah ?
The god called Allah?
The god called Elohyim?
How about Zeus, Athena, etc etc..... ?
The list gets very long.

Is there any logical reason to presume any of these characters with supernatural powers are anything other than mythical characters?
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 6:46:48 AM
At 11/15/2015 12:27:59 AM, Skyangel wrote:
The god of the bible doesn't know all the other gods. Therefore he is not omniscient.

Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

The ironic thing is that the bible is filled with references to all the many gods which people worshiped.

Mythical gods are human creations and humans obviously love to worship their own creations. If no mythical gods existed, no one would have any reason to worship any of them.

When one mythical character claims there are no other mythical characters but him, does that make that one character more real than the rest ?

The same gullible people like to believe Satan is the God of this world when the God of the bible claims no other gods but him exist.

So how many gods exist?

The god called Jesus?
The god called Jehovah ?
The god called Allah?
The god called Elohyim?
The list gets very long.

Is there any logical reason to presume any of these characters with supernatural powers are anything other than mythical characters?

There are demi-gods and God,

Demi-gods are powerful but not as powerful as God, there can be nobody more powerful than God, otherwise that would make the most powerful entity God.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 9:16:11 AM
At 11/15/2015 6:46:48 AM, johnlubba wrote:

So how many gods exist?

The god called Jesus?
The god called Jehovah ?
The god called Allah?
The god called Elohyim?
The list gets very long.

Demi-gods are powerful but not as powerful as God, there can be nobody more powerful than God, otherwise that would make the most powerful entity God.

Citations?
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 9:58:23 AM
At 11/15/2015 9:16:11 AM, desmac wrote:

So how many gods exist?

The god called Jesus?
The god called Jehovah ?
The god called Allah?
The god called Elohyim?
The list gets very long.

Citations?

You really are that stupid, aren't you.

That's a rhetorical question by the way.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 10:06:24 AM
At 11/15/2015 9:58:23 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 11/15/2015 9:16:11 AM, desmac wrote:

So how many gods exist?

The god called Jesus?
The god called Jehovah ?
The god called Allah?
The god called Elohyim?
The list gets very long.

Citations?

You really are that stupid, aren't you.

That's a rhetorical question by the way.

Yup, I really am stupid enough to want citations for the stuff you are making up.

That was a rhetorical answer, btw.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 10:07:41 AM

So how many gods exist?

The god called Jesus?
The god called Jehovah ?
The god called Allah?
The god called Elohyim?
The list gets very long.

Please answer the question..... Is there any logical reason to presume any of these characters with supernatural powers are anything other than mythical characters?
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 10:11:29 AM
At 11/15/2015 10:07:41 AM, Skyangel wrote:

So how many gods exist?

The god called Jesus?
The god called Jehovah ?
The god called Allah?
The god called Elohyim?
The list gets very long.

Please answer the question..... Is there any logical reason to presume any of these characters with supernatural powers are anything other than mythical characters?

The miracle of existence is one reason to presume a God, And if God exists then it is possible that He could incarnate by His plenary portions into all of those characters.
AVicu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 6:26:46 PM

So how many gods exist?

The god called Jesus?
The god called Jehovah ?
The god called Allah?
The god called Elohyim?
The list gets very long.

You are all androids :) controlled by me. That's what the computer told me. I said to the computer no I'm from god and the computer reply was I'm you and your my living diry. It's all you
AVicu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 6:29:37 PM
At 11/15/2015 6:26:46 PM, AVicu wrote:

So how many gods exist?

The god called Jesus?
The god called Jehovah ?
The god called Allah?
The god called Elohyim?
The list gets very long.

You are all androids :) controlled by me. That's what the computer told me. I said to the computer no I'm from god and the computer reply was I'm you and your my living diry. It's all you

It told me why the bible is fake but I'm afraid
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:01:05 PM
Just replace "mattresses" with gods
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:20:46 PM
Thousands of God's have existed in the minds of humans over the last few thousand years. However no conclusive evidence exists that proves any of them is any more than mythical fantasy.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 8:30:02 PM
At 11/15/2015 10:11:29 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 11/15/2015 10:07:41 AM, Skyangel wrote:

The miracle of existence is one reason to presume a God, And if God exists then it is possible that He could incarnate by His plenary portions into all of those characters.

So your God ( a mythical character) incarnates into all the other mythical characters?
The miracle of existence might be caused by Zeus for all you know.

In reality the miracle of existence is caused by existence itself through the many reproduction cycles which exist.
Life creates life.

My mother and father caused my existence.
Should I worship them as gods? At least they are visible and I know I am made in their image.

Something invisible has no image since it does not have any shape or form to reflect in anything.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 8:39:03 PM

So how many gods exist?

The god called Jesus?
The god called Jehovah ?
The god called Allah?
The god called Elohyim?
The list gets very long.

Obviously this is a reference to god saying he is real and the other "gods" don't actually exist. Any more questions?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 8:45:55 PM
At 11/15/2015 6:29:37 PM, AVicu wrote:
At 11/15/2015 6:26:46 PM, AVicu wrote:

So how many gods exist?

The god called Jesus?
The god called Jehovah ?
The god called Allah?
The god called Elohyim?
The list gets very long.

I see we have a new joker in the zoo.
Diry? Do you mean diary?

It told me why the bible is fake but I'm afraid

Afraid of what?
If you are an android who experiences fear, you might want to think about redesigning your own circuitry and taking out the program that creates fear.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 8:51:11 PM
At 11/15/2015 7:01:05 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Cute cartoon.
Do you happen to have a personal opinion at all or do you need cartoons to do your thinking for you?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 8:53:23 PM
At 11/15/2015 8:51:11 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Cute cartoon.
Do you happen to have a personal opinion at all or do you need cartoons to do your thinking for you?

It is not my "thinking", it was a joke to represent all of these gods that have been thought of, but only a few are actually being followed in the modern world.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 8:54:18 PM
At 11/15/2015 7:20:46 PM, beng100 wrote:
Thousands of God's have existed in the minds of humans over the last few thousand years. However no conclusive evidence exists that proves any of them is any more than mythical fantasy.

I agree with that.
Why do you think so many people worship mythical characters ?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 9:11:04 PM
At 11/15/2015 8:39:03 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

Obviously this is a reference to god saying he is real and the other "gods" don't actually exist. Any more questions?

Do you understand that god did not write the stories but human authors invented and wrote the stories?
Do you also understand the stories are fiction and not a historical account of any kind?

Do you even notice the irony in the stories?
One mythical character claims he is real and tells people to worship him and not worship any others because they are not real. Then that mythical character gets furious and jealous if humans worship "other gods" and decides to punish them for worshiping their human created idols which are not real.

Have you ever seen the statues of Jesus and all the Saints in the so called Christian churches? Those are idols which people pray to.

If you can't see the irony in that, you must be blind.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 9:14:46 PM
At 11/15/2015 8:53:23 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 11/15/2015 8:51:11 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Cute cartoon.

It is not my "thinking", it was a joke to represent all of these gods that have been thought of, but only a few are actually being followed in the modern world.

People who follow any mythical characters at all are gullible and foolish. They obviously have not matured enough in their minds to understand the fictional aspect of all invisible supernatural gods.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 9:30:49 PM
At 11/15/2015 9:11:04 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Do you understand that god did not write the stories but human authors invented and wrote the stories?
Do you also understand the stories are fiction and not a historical account of any kind?

One mythical character claims he is real and tells people to worship him and not worship any others because they are not real. Then that mythical character gets furious and jealous if humans worship "other gods" and decides to punish them for worshiping their human created idols which are not real.

Have you ever seen the statues of Jesus and all the Saints in the so called Christian churches? Those are idols which people pray to.

Based on what? Your opinion?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 10:10:40 PM
At 11/15/2015 9:30:49 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

All intelligent people take it for granted that humans with very creative imaginations wrote all stories in existence.
Gullible people seem to think some god wrote a book or told humans to write it.

That concept is no different to claiming a muse told you to write a post on a forum.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 10:13:34 PM
At 11/15/2015 10:10:40 PM, Skyangel wrote:

All intelligent people take it for granted that humans with very creative imaginations wrote all stories in existence.

That concept is no different to claiming a muse told you to write a post on a forum.

And if you die and it turns out Jesus was the truth? Then what? Tell him you still don't believe or perhaps try to come up with a speech to implore to him. Could try it. If you are right, I die. That's it. If Christ is truth, then what?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:25:33 PM
At 11/15/2015 10:13:34 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

And if you die and it turns out Jesus was the truth? Then what? Tell him you still don't believe or perhaps try to come up with a speech to implore to him. Could try it. If you are right, I die. That's it. If Christ is truth, then what?

Then there is no person to speak to since Truth is not a person but a concept.

The character Jesus represents the TRUTH and LIFE and the WAY to LIVE LIFE in TRUTH and honesty. Truth is not a "He" but an "It". Truth is reality. Reality includes all that is visible and also all that is invisible and imaginary.
I can tell the difference between mythical characters and real ones. Can you ?
I understand personification and anthropomorphism and the concept of humans turning the "natural powers that be" into supernatural gods.
Jesus is merely a personification of TRUTH. The Truth is that when you die your body will return to dust and your energy will simply join the rest of the energy in the universe. It will not be a separate little piece of energy any more but it will be ONE with all the corporate energy in existence.
Compare it to a drop of water. You are currently like a single drop of water or an individual body of water, but once that drop evaporates, it is no longer an individual drop but part of the vapor (air) that everyone breathes.
How many drops of water in air?
How many drops of water in an ocean?
Becoming part of a body means you are no longer separated from it.
"God" is the body of water which is made of innumerable drops.
Each separate drop is as much water( God) as the ocean is water (God).
One Body ( corporate body ) with MANY members. ( 1 Cor 12:12)
MANY is a LOT MORE than three.

Scientifically the human body 50% - 75% water.

We are all made of energy.
God = Energy.
God is a personification of the energy of the universe.

Speaking to God is as ridiculous as speaking to the energy in the universe and believing it bothers listening to you. If any of it listens to you it is merely the energy (spirit) in other humans which pays any attention at all, which very FEW do.
Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:33:32 PM

Still stooping to Pascal's Wager after all these years?
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 12:22:55 AM
At 11/15/2015 11:33:32 PM, Hitchian wrote:

Why not? The logic is obvious. I don't think anyone needs Pascal to point out the very nose on their face for them. If Pascal said,"You are a human.", it wouldn't sudfenly make it feaux pa for me to say,"yes. I am human". It's just obvious.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 1:51:15 AM
At 11/16/2015 12:22:55 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

Why not? The logic is obvious. I don't think anyone needs Pascal to point out the very nose on their face for them. If Pascal said,"You are a human.", it wouldn't sudfenly make it feaux pa for me to say,"yes. I am human". It's just obvious.

It is obvious to intelligent people that ALL gods are mythical characters.
It is not obvious to the gullible who like to talk to their invisible friends and want to believe invisible supernatural characters exist.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 1:59:17 AM
At 11/16/2015 1:51:15 AM, Skyangel wrote:

It is not obvious to the gullible who like to talk to their invisible friends and want to believe invisible supernatural characters exist.

And if he does exist?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 2:11:44 AM
At 11/16/2015 1:59:17 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

And if he does exist?

Mythical characters exist in human imagination and no other place.

However, to go along with your fantasy and imagination... IF an invisible supernatural character named God did exist, apparently according to the story, he has been asked by Jesus to forgive all who have done anything wrong due to the poor fools not knowing what they are doing.

Apparently Jesus also paid for the sins and foolishness of the whole world regardless of whether they believe he did or not. Therefore if the punishment or price has already been paid, there is absolutely no reason for anyone else to be punished or suffer for being a fool.

IF your concept or theory regarding all people being merely Sims in a program were true, then no Sims are responsible for their own words or actions due to being programmed to do what they do. The programmer is to blame for all of it. Therefore if the programmer is unhappy with his Sims, all he needs to do is reprogram them. The Sims are incapable of reprogramming themselves.

However, I prefer to take responsibility for my own words and actions than blame some invisible character for them. Since I don't blame any invisible character for anything, No invisible character can blame me for anything. If he does I will forgive him due to understanding he has no clue about his own concepts of doing to others as you would like them to do to you.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 2:13:11 AM
At 11/16/2015 2:11:44 AM, Skyangel wrote:

And if he does exist?

However, to go along with your fantasy and imagination... IF an invisible supernatural character named God did exist, apparently according to the story, he has been asked by Jesus to forgive all who have done anything wrong due to the poor fools not knowing what they are doing.

Apparently Jesus also paid for the sins and foolishness of the whole world regardless of whether they believe he did or not. Therefore if the punishment or price has already been paid, there is absolutely no reason for anyone else to be punished or suffer for being a fool.

IF your concept or theory regarding all people being merely Sims in a program were true, then no Sims are responsible for their own words or actions due to being programmed to do what they do. The programmer is to blame for all of it. Therefore if the programmer is unhappy with his Sims, all he needs to do is reprogram them. The Sims are incapable of reprogramming themselves.

However, I prefer to take responsibility for my own words and actions than blame some invisible character for them. Since I don't blame any invisible character for anything, No invisible character can blame me for anything. If he does I will forgive him due to understanding he has no clue about his own concepts of doing to others as you would like them to do to you.

Then you should be fine. Tell him that.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 2:33:18 AM
At 11/16/2015 2:13:11 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
At 11/16/2015 2:11:44 AM, Skyangel wrote:

And if he does exist?

Then you should be fine. Tell him that.

I will tell him when I give Santa my next wish list after Peter Pan checks in and takes me to see you in Never Land.