Jump to topic:

*Important Presidential Announcement*

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 3:41:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is my announcement for the candidacy of site president. I wanted to get that part out of the way immediately for those Who like to skim read. I will get to my platform, but first an explanation for why I'm running.

Backstory

I'm clearly an underdog in this race, and I really wouldn't be running if I didn't think the campaigning would help DDO as much as winning the presidency would. Most of this platform will be accomplished without needing to win the office of presidency. This platform is as unique and unorthodox as I am, but I'm gong to need you guys to believe in this stuff, and help me make it happen.

You'll notice, I'm announcing my candidacy in the religious forum, before announcing it to the rest of the site. The reason for this, is because I'm running for you guys. I'm specifically trying to make this a better site for the religious sub forum. By doing this, I am completely ignoring the needs and wants of the rest of the site. You guys come first, and actually are my only concern. I'm the first religion forum candidate, and I'm going to need your full support. I need close to 100% of the active members on this part of the site to vote, and vote in my favor. If this is the main portion of the site you visit, you should absolutely be voting for me, since my entire platform is there to help you guys out. Not a single piece of my platform is designed with any other portions of this site in mind. Like I said, I'm completely disregarding everyone else.

What I'm trying to say, is that I'll help you guys immensely, and my winning requires active support from you. Not just passive, but active support. Vote for me and then explain to your friends why they should as well.

PLATFORM

The Hall of Fame-
Did you know that every 6 months this site has a Hall of Fame election, that takes place not much later than the presidential election? I've been pretty close to making it in myself, a few times and just barely being cut off. If I know people as well as I think I do, than me even campaigning right now, virtually ensures that I'll miss out from making it in again. If I'm frustrated a little at just missing out every 6 months, I wonder how the great people of the religious section feel, that they don't even come close.

A lot of you guys are good or great debaters, and contribute a lot to the forums, but because you've chosen this nitche, a big nitche and arguably as big as the rest of the sub-forums combined you miss out on being in the Hall of Fame. It's not fair. Many of the people winning these HOF nominations can't beat your best people in religious debates either.

We're going to fix this problem. We're going to get a major person who almost exclusively contributes great stuff to the religious forum and who is hopefully a good debater as well. SNP1, Skepticalone and doubleR, are a few that come to mind off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could list another 10 worthy candidates if I gave this sentence 5 more minutes of thought.

We'll get a member in the HOF in one of the 3 following ways. The first one being the one with the least likelihood of success.

1. We'll make sure we are actively getting people from the religion forum to vote in a worthy member of their choice. This means the religious forum would be splitting our votes though, and lead to a lower likelihood of success.

2. We start a mock HOF thread to nominate and vote for people before the official HOF thread starts, and we all agree to get behind the candidate who won in the mock thread, insuring the religious sub-forum vote is the heftiest and insuring that one religion forum member is a hall of famer.

3. I can see how number 2 would be scary for the rest of the site and they could push for this third option, so as not to tarnish their sacred event. The 3rd option would be a special religion forum Hall of Fame, where one or two people make it in, and the Thread is stickied. If Airmax offered us the third option, I think it would be best to have a public discussion about it, before deciding we like that compromise.

This might sound cheesy to some of the older members here, but there are good people who stick to this part of the site and deserve some public recognition. Get behind me on this issue, folks.

Holy War There are a bunch of great people in this sub forum. You have a lot to offer DDO, and for too long this part of the site has kept to itself. Religion is a big subject. I say we talk about religion in the news, in the news forum. The philosophical religious questions in the philosophy section, the religious issue effecting society, in the society section. Let's talk about how we came to God or how we left religion in the personal section.

Occasionally you'll get the rest of the site trying to invade the religious forum. I say we turn this around and invade the rest of the site. The rest of the site wants to ignore you as if you're some sort of red headed step child, but don't let them. I want a public commitment to every member of this forum to post one religious thread outside of this sub-forum. Don't let the rest of this site ignore you.

Here are some ideals to get you started, and I encourage you to post in the other sub forums, and use the religious forum as more of a misc. section for the religious stuff that doesn't fall int the other categories.

Philosophy-Kalam Cosmological Argument, Ontological argument, Pascal's Wager etc.

Personal-How I found God, Why I left religion, My experience at a pray the gay away camp, etc.

News-Paris attacks, gay marriage in the news, caterers refusing to cater gay weddings

Science- Creationism, evolution, Big Bang, Young Earth, Old Earth, proof of global flood

Society- religious effects on different populations and cultures

Entertainment- Religious songs or movies, traditional atheist songs and dances.

If we start to invade the rest of the site, we can really make this entire place our home. We can meet all types of new people and friends. We can challenger ourselves as well as others more.

End Note This is all about the Religious forum. I'm even going to pick a Vice President or 2 from this section, here in the next 48 hours. Hopefully you guys get behind me. Win or lose, we can get a few contributors who are great people a bunch more recognition as well as expand our horizons.

I'm behind you guys/gals 100%, and only you guys/gals.

Quick FAQ

Q: I barely go to the religious forum, what about me?

A: The religion forum is a leverage point. By getting good members in this one section more engaged across the entire site, it's the equivalent of adding several new quality members. These are people who will stay around and used to productive arguments, so we can learn a lot from them as well as make several new friends.

Q: Why shouldn't I vote for BSH1?

A: I'm not saying anybody shouldn't. BSH1 is the best president the site has ever had. This is a personal decision, you'll have to figure out on your own. I'm sure we'll go over both of our strengths and weaknesses very shortly to help your decision making process. Some of my weaknesses are blatantly obvious and I'm certainly open to discussing them.

Q. Aren't you the guy who did the rape battle?

A: Yes, I'm not immune from doing immature things. I'm probably more likely to do immature things than a lot of people. However, when it's time to put on my big boy pants, I also do that. Just ask my brother and sister who I raised when I was 16 after getting emancipated by the State of Florida.

Q. What type of idiot thinks he can win by ignoring everyone but the religious forum?

A: I know I can win with your support. I know that despite my main and only focus being in this forum, that it's a leverage point and a lot of good will come to everyone as a result of the focus on this forum. This is trickle down fo
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 3:52:36 AM
At 11/15/2015 3:41:59 AM, Wylted wrote:

"The reason for this, is because I'm running for you guys. I'm specifically trying to make this a better site for the religious sub forum. By doing this, I am completely ignoring the needs and wants of the rest of the site. You guys come first, and actually are my only concern."

Are you not running to be president of the entire website? Why would anyone, even the ones like myself who are only active on the religion forum, vote for you in light of that quote?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 3:58:50 AM
At 11/15/2015 3:52:36 AM, tstor wrote:

"The reason for this, is because I'm running for you guys. I'm specifically trying to make this a better site for the religious sub forum. By doing this, I am completely ignoring the needs and wants of the rest of the site. You guys come first, and actually are my only concern."

Are you not running to be president of the entire website? Why would anyone, even the ones like myself who are only active on the religion forum, vote for you in light of that quote?

Systems can be big complicated things. DDO has a complex type of society and hierarchy, I've been observing it for a couple of years, and like most complicated things, the best way to make change is to focus on leverage points. I believe that the Religion forum is a leverage point that could help the whole site. It's reciprocal as well. By making the whole site better, they're/we're also making the religion sub forum better. The more intelligent fun people we have around, the better this place will be, and bringing new people to different parts of the site, is equivalent to bringing new people in.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 4:06:36 AM
At 11/15/2015 3:58:50 AM, Wylted wrote:

Systems can be big complicated things. DDO has a complex type of society and hierarchy, I've been observing it for a couple of years, and like most complicated things, the best way to make change is to focus on leverage points. I believe that the Religion forum is a leverage point that could help the whole site. It's reciprocal as well. By making the whole site better, they're/we're also making the religion sub forum better. The more intelligent fun people we have around, the better this place will be, and bringing new people to different parts of the site, is equivalent to bringing new people in.
Perhaps it would be in your best interest to clearly emphasize that in the platform.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:08:47 AM
Perhaps it would be in your best interest to clearly emphasize that in the platform.

I don't care about that. I'm only trying to win the religious section vote. I don't need or want anyone else's vote.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:57:08 AM
This is my announcement for the candidacy of site president. I wanted to get that part out of the way immediately for those Who like to skim read. I will get to my platform, but first an explanation for why I'm running.

Backstory

I'm clearly an underdog in this race, and I really wouldn't be running if I didn't think the campaigning would help DDO as much as winning the presidency would. Most of this platform will be accomplished without needing to win the office of presidency. This platform is as unique and unorthodox as I am, but I'm gong to need you guys to believe in this stuff, and help me make it happen.

You'll notice, I'm announcing my candidacy in the religious forum, before announcing it to the rest of the site. The reason for this, is because I'm running for you guys. I'm specifically trying to make this a better site for the religious sub forum. By doing this, I am completely ignoring the needs and wants of the rest of the site. You guys come first, and actually are my only concern. I'm the first religion forum candidate, and I'm going to need your full support. I need close to 100% of the active members on this part of the site to vote, and vote in my favor. If this is the main portion of the site you visit, you should absolutely be voting for me, since my entire platform is there to help you guys out. Not a single piece of my platform is designed with any other portions of this site in mind. Like I said, I'm completely disregarding everyone else.

What I'm trying to say, is that I'll help you guys immensely, and my winning requires active support from you. Not just passive, but active support. Vote for me and then explain to your friends why they should as well.

PLATFORM

The Hall of Fame-
Did you know that every 6 months this site has a Hall of Fame election, that takes place not much later than the presidential election? I've been pretty close to making it in myself, a few times and just barely being cut off. If I know people as well as I think I do, than me even campaigning right now, virtually ensures that I'll miss out from making it in again. If I'm frustrated a little at just missing out every 6 months, I wonder how the great people of the religious section feel, that they don't even come close.

A lot of you guys are good or great debaters, and contribute a lot to the forums, but because you've chosen this nitche, a big nitche and arguably as big as the rest of the sub-forums combined you miss out on being in the Hall of Fame. It's not fair. Many of the people winning these HOF nominations can't beat your best people in religious debates either.

We're going to fix this problem. We're going to get a major person who almost exclusively contributes great stuff to the religious forum and who is hopefully a good debater as well. SNP1, Skepticalone and doubleR, are a few that come to mind off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could list another 10 worthy candidates if I gave this sentence 5 more minutes of thought.

We'll get a member in the HOF in one of the 3 following ways. The first one being the one with the least likelihood of success.

1. We'll make sure we are actively getting people from the religion forum to vote in a worthy member of their choice. This means the religious forum would be splitting our votes though, and lead to a lower likelihood of success.

2. We start a mock HOF thread to nominate and vote for people before the official HOF thread starts, and we all agree to get behind the candidate who won in the mock thread, insuring the religious sub-forum vote is the heftiest and insuring that one religion forum member is a hall of famer.

3. I can see how number 2 would be scary for the rest of the site and they could push for this third option, so as not to tarnish their sacred event. The 3rd option would be a special religion forum Hall of Fame, where one or two people make it in, and the Thread is stickied. If Airmax offered us the third option, I think it would be best to have a public discussion about it, before deciding we like that compromise.

This might sound cheesy to some of the older members here, but there are good people who stick to this part of the site and deserve some public recognition. Get behind me on this issue, folks.

Holy War There are a bunch of great people in this sub forum. You have a lot to offer DDO, and for too long this part of the site has kept to itself. Religion is a big subject. I say we talk about religion in the news, in the news forum. The philosophical religious questions in the philosophy section, the religious issue effecting society, in the society section. Let's talk about how we came to God or how we left religion in the personal section.

Occasionally you'll get the rest of the site trying to invade the religious forum. I say we turn this around and invade the rest of the site. The rest of the site wants to ignore you as if you're some sort of red headed step child, but don't let them. I want a public commitment to every member of this forum to post one religious thread outside of this sub-forum. Don't let the rest of this site ignore you.

Here are some ideals to get you started, and I encourage you to post in the other sub forums, and use the religious forum as more of a misc. section for the religious stuff that doesn't fall int the other categories.

Philosophy-Kalam Cosmological Argument, Ontological argument, Pascal's Wager etc.

Personal-How I found God, Why I left religion, My experience at a pray the gay away camp, etc.

News-Paris attacks, gay marriage in the news, caterers refusing to cater gay weddings

Science- Creationism, evolution, Big Bang, Young Earth, Old Earth, proof of global flood

Society- religious effects on different populations and cultures

Entertainment- Religious songs or movies, traditional atheist songs and dances.

If we start to invade the rest of the site, we can really make this entire place our home. We can meet all types of new people and friends. We can challenger ourselves as well as others more.

End Note This is all about the Religious forum. I'm even going to pick a Vice President or 2 from this section, here in the next 48 hours. Hopefully you guys get behind me. Win or lose, we can get a few contributors who are great people a bunch more recognition as well as expand our horizons.

I'm behind you guys/gals 100%, and only you guys/gals.

Quick FAQ

Q: Why shouldn't I vote for BSH1?

A: I'm not saying anybody shouldn't. BSH1 is the best president the site has ever had. This is a personal decision, you'll have to figure out on your own. I'm sure we'll go over both of our strengths and weaknesses very shortly to help your decision making process. Some of my weaknesses are blatantly obvious and I'm certainly open to discussing them.

Q. Aren't you the guy who did the rape battle?

A: Yes, I'm not immune from doing immature things. I'm probably more likely to do immature things than a lot of people. However, when it's time to put on my big boy pants, I also do that. Just ask my brother and sister who I raised when I was 16 after getting emancipated by the State of Florida.

Q. What type of idiot thinks he can win by ignoring everyone but the religious forum?

A: I know I can win with your support. I know that despite my main and only focus being in this forum, that it's a levera

You have my support! I have voted for you before in HOF balloting. I love this strategy. It's inventive and at the same time, hilarious. I especially like the 2 nd option you proposed. When can we vote for you?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 1:13:22 PM
Wylted is only an occasional poster in the religious forum despite his claims. He spends far more time in the other parts of the site. This looks like a somewhat cynical attempt to harvest votes from the most active (and insular) subforum on DDO.

Does anyone here really care about this Hall of Fame nonsense?

Newer members should also be aware that he was involved in a disgraceful attempt at permanently banning a regular member of this subforum. He basically hounded him (and me when I stood up for him) trying to goad him into saying something rash and ban-worthy. He and his then-mentor had no qualms in admitting that they were planning a pogrom to "clean up" the religion forum should they gain a position of power. This is no doubt the hidden agenda now.

Do not give your vote to Wylted for president. He has very few ethics from my observation and cannot be trusted. This should be self-evident from his openly stated strategy to subvert the voting process. The talk of helping the religion forum is doublespeak for "cleaning it up", ie. removing those he considers trouble-makers. Vote bsh1 if you value having the site in safe, non-interventionist hands.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:17:34 PM
Just thought I would add this to the discussion. Wylted is a holocaust denier. I know this from a forum discussion about it I had with him. Is that really something that appeals to the religion forums users?
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:49:34 PM
At 11/15/2015 7:17:34 PM, beng100 wrote:
Just thought I would add this to the discussion. Wylted is a holocaust denier. I know this from a forum discussion about it I had with him. Is that really something that appeals to the religion forums users?
Will that honestly have any impact on managing a website?
Hitchian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:51:29 PM

I certainly would not vote for a holocaust denier.
However, I'd like to hear what Wylted himself has to say on this matter.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 8:45:06 PM
Why would anyone want to be President? They have no power to do anything,it's just a glorified popularity contest to pick out a cartoon figure head.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:41:31 PM
You have my support! I have voted for you before in HOF balloting. I love this strategy. It's inventive and at the same time, hilarious. I especially like the 2 nd option you proposed. When can we vote for you?

In about a month
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:46:29 PM
At 11/15/2015 1:13:22 PM, dee-em wrote:
Wylted is only an occasional poster in the religious forum despite his claims. He spends far more time in the other parts of the site. This looks like a somewhat cynical attempt to harvest votes from the most active (and insular) subforum on DDO.

I sincerely love and cherish you guys

Does anyone here really care about this Hall of Fame nonsense?

Probably a few people too humble to admit it.

Newer members should also be aware that he was involved in a disgraceful attempt at permanently banning a regular member of this subforum.

That regular member is a jerk, and probably deserves it, but I realize my mistake. He seems to be immune from the regular standards applied to everyone else for some reason. By the way, I look forward to his and your vote.

He basically hounded him (and me when I stood up for him) trying to goad him into saying something rash and ban-worthy. He and his then-mentor had no qualms in admitting that they were planning a pogrom to "clean up" the religion forum should they gain a position of power. This is no doubt the hidden agenda now.

Nope, this is the reverse of that.

Do not give your vote to Wylted for president. He has very few ethics from my observation and cannot be trusted.

That's not nice. I'm 100% behind the religion forum and only the religion forum. I have to stand behind my promises or go without being reelected, and I plan to be reelected.

This should be self-evident from his openly stated strategy to subvert the voting process. The talk of helping the religion forum is doublespeak for "cleaning it up", ie. removing those he considers trouble-makers. Vote bsh1 if you value having the site in safe, non-interventionist hands.

It's not double speek. I plainly laid out a simple platform, that I don't intend to deviate from or complicate. I think you'll come to trust me, and even call me friend
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:48:14 PM

I was actually just trying to learn your premises for something, not state my actual opinion. I'm a holocaust believer.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:49:01 PM
At 11/15/2015 7:51:29 PM, Hitchian wrote:

I certainly would not vote for a holocaust denier.
However, I'd like to hear what Wylted himself has to say on this matter.

I'm not. I play devil's advocate a lot.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 3:57:35 AM
At 11/15/2015 3:38:15 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Make the Religious Forum Great Again!

Daynold Trump 2016.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 12:58:06 PM
At 11/15/2015 3:38:15 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Make the Religious Forum Great Again!
I've been here for two years and never seen you post in this forum, your contribution is as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool.
Thanks.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 12:59:47 PM
At 11/15/2015 11:48:14 PM, Wylted wrote:

I was actually just trying to learn your premises for something, not state my actual opinion. I'm a holocaust believer.

Apparently the faded weed is, like all politicians, not immune to untruths. LOL
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 7:19:37 PM
BSH1 is the best president the site has ever had.

Many thanks, Wylted:)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 7:53:05 PM

That would be doing exactly what the posters in the religion section have a grievance about. It"s only correct to treat all the same, since the position you are vying for, effects the whole site. Also how can you win favor of the majority if you promise, or even imply unfair special treatment of the few?
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 7:59:56 PM

Thanks for confirming that. I repeatedly asked you if you were being serious in that discussion and came to the conclusion that it was your genuine belief. However its the sort of issue that in my view is too sensitive to play devils advocate on especially when there is overwhelming evidence.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 8:01:49 PM
You have my vote.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 12:15:54 AM
At 11/16/2015 7:19:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
BSH1 is the best president the site has ever had.

Many thanks, Wylted:)

It's definitely the truth, atleast during my time here.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 12:17:02 AM
At 11/16/2015 12:59:47 PM, bulproof wrote:

Apparently the faded weed is, like all politicians, not immune to untruths. LOL

I don't smoke weed, sir
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 12:18:31 AM
At 11/16/2015 7:53:05 PM, DPMartin wrote:

That would be doing exactly what the posters in the religion section have a grievance about. It"s only correct to treat all the same, since the position you are vying for, effects the whole site. Also how can you win favor of the majority if you promise, or even imply unfair special treatment of the few?

I can do so with voter turn out. I believe each person should do what is in their best interest, and I have a platform I believe is in the best interest of the good folks in this forum.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 2:12:14 AM
What the hell are you guys talking about? You have literally nothing to lose from voting for Wylted.

Just do it for the comical value of it, if nothing else :)

Wylted, if you're still running when election day comes around, I guarantee you my vote 100%
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 6:36:02 AM
At 11/17/2015 2:12:14 AM, Romanii wrote:
What the hell are you guys talking about? You have literally nothing to lose from voting for Wylted.

Just do it for the comical value of it, if nothing else :)

Wylted, if you're still running when election day comes around, I guarantee you my vote 100%

Thanks, feel free to use all of your accounts