Total Posts:145|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

To Geo:

innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 8:52:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Geo, you are fond of pulling apart and scrutinizing every aspect of belief systems of others. I ask you to post your belief system here and allow the site to subject it to the same tests you put to others.

You have said you are a Buddhist, which to me is like Universalism, feel good, gobbledygook. Lots of intellectual cotton candy and gum drops. What specifically do you believe in? You have also said you are "spiritual", but atheist, please help explain that too. How does your spirituality work in your life? What is your spirituality?

Tell us what you believe and allow the site to challenge it.

Generally speaking i am not fond of ad hominem threads (not attack mind you), but this seems to be necessary.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 8:55:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
To be fair, Geo isn't exactly shy about making his beliefs known and he generally does try to defend them, it's just hard when the entire site is against you.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 9:12:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 8:55:08 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
To be fair, Geo isn't exactly shy about making his beliefs known and he generally does try to defend them, it's just hard when the entire site is against you.

I've only heard bits and pieces of what he believes. Often the site is against his claims in general, but i haven't heard a coherent and succinct summary of his beliefs (without a youtube video).
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 9:16:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 9:12:44 AM, innomen wrote:
At 9/28/2010 8:55:08 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
To be fair, Geo isn't exactly shy about making his beliefs known and he generally does try to defend them, it's just hard when the entire site is against you.

I've only heard bits and pieces of what he believes. Often the site is against his claims in general, but i haven't heard a coherent and succinct summary of his beliefs (without a youtube video).

He's done a lot of debates on them. Here's one: http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 9:18:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 9:16:16 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 9/28/2010 9:12:44 AM, innomen wrote:
At 9/28/2010 8:55:08 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
To be fair, Geo isn't exactly shy about making his beliefs known and he generally does try to defend them, it's just hard when the entire site is against you.

I've only heard bits and pieces of what he believes. Often the site is against his claims in general, but i haven't heard a coherent and succinct summary of his beliefs (without a youtube video).

He's done a lot of debates on them. Here's one: http://www.debate.org...

See that's not what i'm looking for. A clearly defined declaration of his beliefs.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 9:20:19 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 9:18:24 AM, innomen wrote:
At 9/28/2010 9:16:16 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
At 9/28/2010 9:12:44 AM, innomen wrote:
At 9/28/2010 8:55:08 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
To be fair, Geo isn't exactly shy about making his beliefs known and he generally does try to defend them, it's just hard when the entire site is against you.

I've only heard bits and pieces of what he believes. Often the site is against his claims in general, but i haven't heard a coherent and succinct summary of his beliefs (without a youtube video).

He's done a lot of debates on them. Here's one: http://www.debate.org...

See that's not what i'm looking for. A clearly defined declaration of his beliefs.

It's sort of tough to outline all of them in one place in any kid of detail. He has done numerous debates on various aspects of his beliefs, though.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 9:22:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 8:55:08 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
To be fair, Geo isn't exactly shy about making his beliefs known and he generally does try to defend them, it's just hard when the entire site is against you.

I agree with this.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 9:27:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 8:52:25 AM, innomen wrote:

You have said you are a Buddhist, which to me is like Universalism, feel good, gobbledygook.

lol
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 9:29:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 9:22:15 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 9/28/2010 8:55:08 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
To be fair, Geo isn't exactly shy about making his beliefs known and he generally does try to defend them, it's just hard when the entire site is against you.

I agree with this.

Fair enough, have you heard him explain what he means by being spiritual?
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 9:50:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 8:52:25 AM, innomen wrote:
Geo, you are fond of pulling apart and scrutinizing every aspect of belief systems of others. I ask you to post your belief system here and allow the site to subject it to the same tests you put to others.

http://www.debate.org...
President of DDO
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 10:16:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 10:12:00 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 9/28/2010 10:11:28 AM, innomen wrote:
Okay, i get it. I stand corrected.

What do you mean?

In that he has stated clearly what he believes. I haven't really seen it put as sort of a declaration of beliefs, but i guess there is ample evidence to see what he believes. - still don't get the spiritual thing though.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 10:22:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 8:55:08 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:
To be fair, Geo isn't exactly shy about making his beliefs known and he generally does try to defend them, it's just hard when the entire site is against you.

Yea right.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 10:24:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'd like to hear his beliefs on reptiles alliances. I hear people poke at him enough for it that it must be something he really believes but I never actually heard of this conspiracy before or his personal explanation of it.

This thread is as good as any for that, reptile alliance discussion surely does not belong in the science or new forum.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 10:29:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 10:16:07 AM, innomen wrote:
At 9/28/2010 10:12:00 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 9/28/2010 10:11:28 AM, innomen wrote:
Okay, i get it. I stand corrected.

What do you mean?

In that he has stated clearly what he believes. I haven't really seen it put as sort of a declaration of beliefs, but i guess there is ample evidence to see what he believes.

Lol, that's obviously a matter of opinion. What do you mean by evidence? There's evidence the Buddha said certain things just as there's evidence evangelists wrote parts of the Bible... it doesn't mean that what's in the Bible is 'true' though :p I agree that Buddhism is a lot of fluff and that's what I tried to demonstrate in the debate.
President of DDO
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 10:33:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 10:29:36 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 9/28/2010 10:16:07 AM, innomen wrote:
At 9/28/2010 10:12:00 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 9/28/2010 10:11:28 AM, innomen wrote:
Okay, i get it. I stand corrected.

What do you mean?

In that he has stated clearly what he believes. I haven't really seen it put as sort of a declaration of beliefs, but i guess there is ample evidence to see what he believes.

Lol, that's obviously a matter of opinion. What do you mean by evidence? There's evidence the Buddha said certain things just as there's evidence evangelists wrote parts of the Bible... it doesn't mean that what's in the Bible is 'true' though :p I agree that Buddhism is a lot of fluff and that's what I tried to demonstrate in the debate.

I mean evidence within this site that he has provided an account of what he believes. Part of my motive was to look at the Buddhist stuff that you had in that debate.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 12:16:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 8:52:25 AM, innomen wrote:
Geo, you are fond of pulling apart and scrutinizing every aspect of belief systems of others. I ask you to post your belief system here and allow the site to subject it to the same tests you put to others.

Sure thing.

You have said you are a Buddhist, which to me is like Universalism,

False. Universalism embraces all religions, Buddha was against that notion.

the Buddha: "Preach it, make it known, establish it, open it, minutely explain it, and make it clear-until they, when others start vain doctrines, shall be able to VANQUISH and REFUTE THEM, and so to spread the wonderworking truth abroad. I shall not die until the pure religion of truth shall have become successful, prosperous, widespread, and popular in all its full extent-until, in a word, it shall have been well proclaimed among men!"

Doesn't sound like Universalism does it?

feel good, gobbledygook. Lots of intellectual cotton candy and gum drops.

Care to give specific examples?

I doubt you have gleaned over any Buddhist scripture, because if you did, you will find that Buddha spoke like Christopher Hitchens, except even more arrogant. He scoffed at people who believed in superstitions, spoke discourses against God, and condemned those who misrepresented him.

What specifically do you believe in? You have also said you are "spiritual", but atheist, please help explain that too. How does your spirituality work in your life? What is your spirituality?

Tell us what you believe and allow the site to challenge it.

Gladly. Though ill have to make a separate thread for that.

Generally speaking i am not fond of ad hominem threads (not attack mind you), but this seems to be necessary.

I don't mind at all, in fact it gives me a chance to clarify any misconceptions.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 12:27:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 10:24:53 AM, Marauder wrote:
I'd like to hear his beliefs on reptiles alliances. I hear people poke at him enough for it that it must be something he really believes but I never actually heard of this conspiracy before or his personal explanation of it.

This thread is as good as any for that, reptile alliance discussion surely does not belong in the science or new forum.

Reptilians arent really important in my beliefs. When pressed about the issue, I merely assert that there is evidence for their existence (I already made a thread presenting all the evidence), not that they certainly exist.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 12:45:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 12:44:07 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
So there's evidence for the existence of Reptilians, but not for God? lmao.

At least reptilians aren't magical. Just highly unlikely.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 12:46:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
There is no god but reptile and Icke is his prophet.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 12:48:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 12:16:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/28/2010 8:52:25 AM, innomen wrote:
Geo, you are fond of pulling apart and scrutinizing every aspect of belief systems of others. I ask you to post your belief system here and allow the site to subject it to the same tests you put to others.

Sure thing.

You have said you are a Buddhist, which to me is like Universalism,

False. Universalism embraces all religions, Buddha was against that notion.

the Buddha: "Preach it, make it known, establish it, open it, minutely explain it, and make it clear-until they, when others start vain doctrines, shall be able to VANQUISH and REFUTE THEM, and so to spread the wonderworking truth abroad. I shall not die until the pure religion of truth shall have become successful, prosperous, widespread, and popular in all its full extent-until, in a word, it shall have been well proclaimed among men!"

What is "it"?

Doesn't sound like Universalism does it?

feel good, gobbledygook. Lots of intellectual cotton candy and gum drops.

Care to give specific examples?
We'll see.

I doubt you have gleaned over any Buddhist scripture, because if you did, you will find that Buddha spoke like Christopher Hitchens, except even more arrogant. He scoffed at people who believed in superstitions, spoke discourses against God, and condemned those who misrepresented him.

Yeah, there really wouldn't be much interest in that for me, since arrogance is everything that i am against. So is arrogance a component of your creed?

What specifically do you believe in? You have also said you are "spiritual", but atheist, please help explain that too. How does your spirituality work in your life? What is your spirituality?

Tell us what you believe and allow the site to challenge it.

Gladly. Though ill have to make a separate thread for that.

Generally speaking i am not fond of ad hominem threads (not attack mind you), but this seems to be necessary.

I don't mind at all, in fact it gives me a chance to clarify any misconceptions.

Okey dokey.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 12:54:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 12:45:18 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 9/28/2010 12:44:07 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
So there's evidence for the existence of Reptilians, but not for God? lmao.

At least reptilians aren't magical. Just highly unlikely.

They are magical though. Apparently they can shapeshift and do mind control(I think...). That's irrelevant though as that's not really my point. The point is that it's pretty absurd to reject one thing that seems ridiculous to believe in while accepting something else equally absurd and believing in that. If you think it's absurd to believe in that sort of thing at least be consistent.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 12:56:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 12:24:50 PM, Mirza wrote:
Buddha would never have believed in reptilians or "Illuminati."

"In many of the Buddha's discourses there were always the mention of beings from 10,000 world systems gathered to listen to him." -- en.allexperts.com/q/Buddhists-948/Extraterrestrials.htm

Also, the more ancient forms of the Illuminati were kings and monarchs which Buddha certainly mentioned them in scripture.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 12:57:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 12:16:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I doubt you have gleaned over any Buddhist scripture, because if you did, you will find that Buddha spoke like Christopher Hitchens, except even more arrogant. He scoffed at people who believed in superstitions, spoke discourses against God, and condemned those who misrepresented him.

I've reviewed Buddhism, shoot. Now Buddha, assuming he wrote all the Theravada Vinayas and Sutras verbatim is nothing like a positivist atheist (Hitchen's style atheism). "He scoffed at people who believed in superstitions, spoke discourses against God, and condemned those who misrepresented him. " I never thought Buddha was the one to scoff but it looks like I was wrong. Also, misrepresentation entails an existence.
What are these discourses against God?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 1:00:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 12:56:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/28/2010 12:24:50 PM, Mirza wrote:
Buddha would never have believed in reptilians or "Illuminati."

"In many of the Buddha's discourses there were always the mention of beings from 10,000 world systems gathered to listen to him." -- en.allexperts.com/q/Buddhists-948/Extraterrestrials.htm

Also, the more ancient forms of the Illuminati were kings and monarchs which Buddha certainly mentioned them in scripture.

No text references in your link.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 1:02:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/28/2010 1:00:19 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 9/28/2010 12:56:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/28/2010 12:24:50 PM, Mirza wrote:
Buddha would never have believed in reptilians or "Illuminati."

"In many of the Buddha's discourses there were always the mention of beings from 10,000 world systems gathered to listen to him." -- en.allexperts.com/q/Buddhists-948/Extraterrestrials.htm

Also, the more ancient forms of the Illuminati were kings and monarchs which Buddha certainly mentioned them in scripture.

No text references in your link.

Ahh the perfect person to help analyze the belief system of Geo.