Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Paris attacks

POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 5:04:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
https://pbs.twimg.com...

wow awesome media full of it now... how stupid people can be every day 200 ppl die in syria alone nobody have any problem with that where the leaders of the world to protect these ppl? psychology of crowds the internet full of ppl crying for these in paris from china to america... human stupidity.
Never fart near dog
Disappearinghead
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:17:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 5:04:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com...

wow awesome media full of it now... how stupid people can be every day 200 ppl die in syria alone nobody have any problem with that where the leaders of the world to protect these ppl? psychology of crowds the internet full of ppl crying for these in paris from china to america... human stupidity.

Well Syria is in the middle of a civil war and in civil wars people die in large numbers. Nothing new here. In Paris people were going about their business enjoying their evening with food, wine, watching a live band, you know the simple pleasures in life common to a peaceful society. Suddenly they are gunned down and blown up by murdering bastards for no reason whatsoever other than their religion commands them to do it. Quite simple really.
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:24:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 5:04:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com...

wow awesome media full of it now... how stupid people can be every day 200 ppl die in syria alone nobody have any problem with that where the leaders of the world to protect these ppl? psychology of crowds the internet full of ppl crying for these in paris from china to america... human stupidity.

I understand where you are coming from. Yes its bad what happened in paris but this sort of thing happens daily in Syria. I suppose its a wake up call to the world about the dangers posed by Islamic state and how essential it is to defeat them quickly and end the civil war in Syria.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:31:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 7:17:26 PM, Disappearinghead wrote:

Well Syria is in the middle of a civil war and in civil wars people die in large numbers. Nothing new here. In Paris people were going about their business enjoying their evening with food, wine, watching a live band, you know the simple pleasures in life common to a peaceful society. Suddenly they are gunned down and blown up by murdering bastards for no reason whatsoever other than their religion commands them to do it. Quite simple really.
Consider the Westgate mall attack in Kenya. I do not recall the same media coverage and support for the people of Kenya as we see for the people of France.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Disappearinghead
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:44:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 7:31:45 PM, tstor wrote:
At 11/15/2015 7:17:26 PM, Disappearinghead wrote:

Well Syria is in the middle of a civil war and in civil wars people die in large numbers. Nothing new here. In Paris people were going about their business enjoying their evening with food, wine, watching a live band, you know the simple pleasures in life common to a peaceful society. Suddenly they are gunned down and blown up by murdering bastards for no reason whatsoever other than their religion commands them to do it. Quite simple really.
Consider the Westgate mall attack in Kenya. I do not recall the same media coverage and support for the people of Kenya as we see for the people of France.

There is a natural tendency to to sympathise with those closest to us, those with whom we share common bonds histories and cultures. If someone is murdered in city at the other end of your country do you take as much interest as a murder in your own street? People die everyday but if it is a friend or relative who dies you sympathise, you are affected in some way because of the bond. Do you think the Kenyan media have paid as much attention to the events in Paris as the attack on the Westgate mall?
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 7:47:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 7:44:59 PM, Disappearinghead wrote:

There is a natural tendency to to sympathise with those closest to us, those with whom we share common bonds histories and cultures. If someone is murdered in city at the other end of your country do you take as much interest as a murder in your own street? People die everyday but if it is a friend or relative who dies you sympathise, you are affected in some way because of the bond. Do you think the Kenyan media have paid as much attention to the events in Paris as the attack on the Westgate mall?
My connection with France is no greater than that of Kenya. A mass killing is a mass killing, no matter where it is at.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 8:10:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 7:47:08 PM, tstor wrote:
At 11/15/2015 7:44:59 PM, Disappearinghead wrote:

There is a natural tendency to to sympathise with those closest to us, those with whom we share common bonds histories and cultures. If someone is murdered in city at the other end of your country do you take as much interest as a murder in your own street? People die everyday but if it is a friend or relative who dies you sympathise, you are affected in some way because of the bond. Do you think the Kenyan media have paid as much attention to the events in Paris as the attack on the Westgate mall?
My connection with France is no greater than that of Kenya. A mass killing is a mass killing, no matter where it is at.

You're not really complaining about the media coverage given to the Paris terrorist attacks. You're complaining about the coverage the Westgate mall attack in Kenya got, right?

While I can understand and relate to your point of view in the sense that I too believe the value of human lives is not dependant upon their cosmopolitanism, there's no reason to expect humans to care just as much for their next door neighbour than for a native of a distant and for them exotic country. I don't see why we should place humans under that obligation. Perhaps you'd like to explain why you seem to think we should.

Another aspect to take in consideration, one which might also help explain the disparity in media coverage, is that the breath of geopolitical consequences spearheaded by the death of 129 Parisians or 3 000 Americans is not nearly the same as that attached to the death of 67 Kenyans.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,601
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 8:21:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 5:04:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com...

wow awesome media full of it now... how stupid people can be every day 200 ppl die in syria alone nobody have any problem with that where the leaders of the world to protect these ppl? psychology of crowds the internet full of ppl crying for these in paris from china to america... human stupidity.

People care more about their own kind. It's unfortunately natural at this time of human evolution. How many people in the middle east cheered 911. Quite a few.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,601
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 8:22:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 7:24:24 PM, beng100 wrote:
At 11/15/2015 5:04:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com...

wow awesome media full of it now... how stupid people can be every day 200 ppl die in syria alone nobody have any problem with that where the leaders of the world to protect these ppl? psychology of crowds the internet full of ppl crying for these in paris from china to america... human stupidity.

I understand where you are coming from. Yes its bad what happened in paris but this sort of thing happens daily in Syria. I suppose its a wake up call to the world about the dangers posed by Islamic state and how essential it is to defeat them quickly and end the civil war in Syria.

How about the Muslim countries in the middle east take care of isis. Then they don't have to complain that the west is meffling in their affairs.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 8:30:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 5:04:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com...

wow awesome media full of it now... how stupid people can be every day 200 ppl die in syria alone nobody have any problem with that where the leaders of the world to protect these ppl? psychology of crowds the internet full of ppl crying for these in paris from china to america... human stupidity.

Yeah, it's stupid to mourn for Paris. (Cricket...cricket...)
I don't mourn a whole lot for Islamic regions that get hit because they tend to have a warlike attitude about anything and everything. When all you see are "death to America!" , "death to Israel!", "death to Europe!" From Islam you quit feeling towards them as humans and start viewing them as animals stuck in an archaic belief system that advocates death for everything. We are empathetic towards civilized peoples. It is hard to empathise with those who want all Atheists, Christians, and nonMuslims in general dead. If 9/11 had never happened, the Islamic world would have been safe from the Western world, but Islam likes to poke the bear, then gets mad when it tries to eat them. Of course the West could stay out of the Middle East and watch Muslims kill and murder each other because the belief system is madness. When will Islam join the modern and civilized world? Never. They are too busy hating, blaming, and get vengeance to join civilized humanity in the year 2015. Good riddens. Stop the nonsense.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 10:03:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 8:10:04 PM, Hitchian wrote:

You're not really complaining about the media coverage given to the Paris terrorist attacks. You're complaining about the coverage the Westgate mall attack in Kenya got, right?
That would be correct.

While I can understand and relate to your point of view in the sense that I too believe the value of human lives is not dependent upon their cosmopolitanism, there's no reason to expect humans to care just as much for their next door neighbor than for a native of a distant and for them exotic country. I don't see why we should place humans under that obligation. Perhaps you'd like to explain why you seem to think we should.
I am afraid that France is not a neighbor of the US, which is where I live.

Another aspect to take in consideration, one which might also help explain the disparity in media coverage, is that the breath of geopolitical consequences spearheaded by the death of 129 Parisians or 3 000 Americans is not nearly the same as that attached to the death of 67 Kenyans.
Nor is 129.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 10:14:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 10:03:02 PM, tstor wrote:
At 11/15/2015 8:10:04 PM, Hitchian wrote:

You're not really complaining about the media coverage given to the Paris terrorist attacks. You're complaining about the coverage the Westgate mall attack in Kenya got, right?
That would be correct.

While I can understand and relate to your point of view in the sense that I too believe the value of human lives is not dependent upon their cosmopolitanism, there's no reason to expect humans to care just as much for their next door neighbor than for a native of a distant and for them exotic country. I don't see why we should place humans under that obligation. Perhaps you'd like to explain why you seem to think we should.
I am afraid that France is not a neighbor of the US, which is where I live.


As a sequitur, you should not complain when Western media gives a lot more exposure to what happened in one of its major capitals when compared to the events in Kenya then.

Another aspect to take in consideration, one which might also help explain the disparity in media coverage, is that the breath of geopolitical consequences spearheaded by the death of 129 Parisians or 3 000 Americans is not nearly the same as that attached to the death of 67 Kenyans.
Nor is 129.

Say again?

The death of 129 Parisians potentially comes with far-reaching consequences that the death of 67 Kenyans cannot possibly trigger. It is therefore somewhat understandable that Western media has been reserving prime time for last Friday's events and aftermath whereas Kenya's might have just received some fleeting moments in a news ticker.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 10:25:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 10:14:32 PM, Hitchian wrote:

I am afraid that France is not a neighbor of the US, which is where I live.


As a sequitur, you should not complain when Western media gives a lot more exposure to what happened in one of its major capitals when compared to the events in Kenya then.
I think I have every right to. This comes down to the core of what I was initially saying. Lives in Paris are no more valuable than lives in Kenya. Both were horrible tragedies. The difference is that the media pays great attention to one, but not the other. Ultimately, the media only shows what people want. So what does that say about the standard westerner?

Another aspect to take in consideration, one which might also help explain the disparity in media coverage, is that the breath of geopolitical consequences spearheaded by the death of 129 Parisians or 3 000 Americans is not nearly the same as that attached to the death of 67 Kenyans.
Nor is 129.

Say again?

The death of 129 Parisians potentially comes with far-reaching consequences that the death of 67 Kenyans cannot possibly trigger. It is therefore somewhat understandable that Western media has been reserving prime time for last Friday's events and aftermath whereas Kenya's might have just received some fleeting moments in a news ticker.
And what consequences may those be? More bombs dropped in Syria and Iraq?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 10:48:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 10:25:50 PM, tstor wrote:
At 11/15/2015 10:14:32 PM, Hitchian wrote:

I am afraid that France is not a neighbor of the US, which is where I live.


As a sequitur, you should not complain when Western media gives a lot more exposure to what happened in one of its major capitals when compared to the events in Kenya then.
I think I have every right to. This comes down to the core of what I was initially saying. Lives in Paris are no more valuable than lives in Kenya. Both were horrible tragedies. The difference is that the media pays great attention to one, but not the other. Ultimately, the media only shows what people want. So what does that say about the standard westerner?


By your own admission, no you don't. You yourself have acknowledged that it's entirely natural to care differently. This is a platitude, really. Would you morn the death of a soap opera actress the way you'd morn the death of your mother? Humans are under no moral obligation to care uniformly about everyone else.

If that were the case, news would turn into an endless obituary. Every second that passes is marked by the death of human being, somewhere on the planet. If the sole criterion for reporting death is the absolute equivalence of human life, than no death takes precedence over the other and all should be reported as they happen.

It just so happens that's not the prime criterion. Collective and social relevance is a better candidate. The death of a prime minister is more impactful than the death of your beloved janitor. This is by no means a commentary on the worth of their lives: they are equivalent. But the resonance on our collective lives is not.

The media reflects that. As the word implies, they do not merely list facts as they happen. They filter, prioritize, give relevance, omit altogether. They are not fact feeds. You don't sympathise with their priorities? You're entirely free to switch channel.

Another aspect to take in consideration, one which might also help explain the disparity in media coverage, is that the breath of geopolitical consequences spearheaded by the death of 129 Parisians or 3 000 Americans is not nearly the same as that attached to the death of 67 Kenyans.
Nor is 129.

Say again?

The death of 129 Parisians potentially comes with far-reaching consequences that the death of 67 Kenyans cannot possibly trigger. It is therefore somewhat understandable that Western media has been reserving prime time for last Friday's events and aftermath whereas Kenya's might have just received some fleeting moments in a news ticker.

And what consequences may those be? More bombs dropped in Syria and Iraq?

Possibly. Probably. Understand I'm not advocating that kind of aftermath. I'm merely pointing out the obvious fact the a terrorist attack on Parisians has far greater geopolitical repercussions than one on Kenyans and as such probably deserves the kind of exposure the latter cannot aspire to.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Posts: 1,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 10:49:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Psychology of people who use the word "stupid"

I project my unhappiness on to you and you take it on if you allow yourself to be upset. If you do not get upset at my attempt, then I cannot dump my original unhappiness on you. Then I am left not only with my failure to successfully dump it on you but also with my original unhappiness to boot. Thus, if you're successful at being unbothered by my words, then I wind up more unhappy; and I'll probably quickly stop those words. This is a key element to understand, that name-callers will usually feel worse if you do not react to their name-calling. They will therefore be much quicker to stop such behavior than if you get visibly upset.

Someone call you a name? Whenever you hear such a name directed your way, thoughts along the lines of, "The name-caller is feeling weak right now" will help to prevent a possible hurt for you. Another useful self-thought is, "Whatever people say about me says nothing about me but a lot about them." We would be happier, feel more self-esteem and change the world dramatically if we all thought the following, "If I get upset by someone calling me a name, then I have given away my power and I need to make a different choice."
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 10:57:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 10:48:23 PM, Hitchian wrote:

I think I have every right to. This comes down to the core of what I was initially saying. Lives in Paris are no more valuable than lives in Kenya. Both were horrible tragedies. The difference is that the media pays great attention to one, but not the other. Ultimately, the media only shows what people want. So what does that say about the standard westerner?

By your own admission, no you don't. You yourself have acknowledged that it's entirely natural to care differently. This is a platitude, really. Would you morn the death of a soap opera actress the way you'd morn the death of your mother? Humans are under no moral obligation to care uniformly about everyone else.
Are you saying that just because something is natural that it is correct? I never was trying to argue against natural tendencies.

I removed the rest of your response because it simply hinged on the first paragraph being true.

The death of 129 Parisians potentially comes with far-reaching consequences that the death of 67 Kenyans cannot possibly trigger. It is therefore somewhat understandable that Western media has been reserving prime time for last Friday's events and aftermath whereas Kenya's might have just received some fleeting moments in a news ticker.

And what consequences may those be? More bombs dropped in Syria and Iraq?

Possibly. Probably. Understand I'm not advocating that kind of aftermath. I'm merely pointing out the obvious fact the a terrorist attack on Parisians has far greater geopolitical repercussions than one on Kenyans and as such probably deserves the kind of exposure the latter cannot aspire to.
Perhaps. However, I do not see as many news stories discussing the potential future as I do discussing what happened in Paris.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:00:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 10:57:55 PM, tstor wrote:
At 11/15/2015 10:48:23 PM, Hitchian wrote:

I think I have every right to. This comes down to the core of what I was initially saying. Lives in Paris are no more valuable than lives in Kenya. Both were horrible tragedies. The difference is that the media pays great attention to one, but not the other. Ultimately, the media only shows what people want. So what does that say about the standard westerner?

By your own admission, no you don't. You yourself have acknowledged that it's entirely natural to care differently. This is a platitude, really. Would you morn the death of a soap opera actress the way you'd morn the death of your mother? Humans are under no moral obligation to care uniformly about everyone else.
Are you saying that just because something is natural that it is correct? I never was trying to argue against natural tendencies.

I removed the rest of your response because it simply hinged on the first paragraph being true.

The death of 129 Parisians potentially comes with far-reaching consequences that the death of 67 Kenyans cannot possibly trigger. It is therefore somewhat understandable that Western media has been reserving prime time for last Friday's events and aftermath whereas Kenya's might have just received some fleeting moments in a news ticker.

And what consequences may those be? More bombs dropped in Syria and Iraq?

Possibly. Probably. Understand I'm not advocating that kind of aftermath. I'm merely pointing out the obvious fact the a terrorist attack on Parisians has far greater geopolitical repercussions than one on Kenyans and as such probably deserves the kind of exposure the latter cannot aspire to.
Perhaps. However, I do not see as many news stories discussing the potential future as I do discussing what happened in Paris.

*Mourn , not morn.
Typo, obviously.
talmid
Posts: 59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:21:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Israel deals with this every day. Now the antisemites in Paris can feel the pain that Israelis have felt for so long.
Hitchian
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:31:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 11:21:15 PM, talmid wrote:
Israel deals with this every day. Now the antisemites in Paris can feel the pain that Israelis have felt for so long.

The key difference is that Israel usurped and occupies land which is not theirs and subjects Palestinians to a daily humiliating and crippling blockade. Another significant difference revolves around the peculiarities in the Israeli constitution and common law with regards to Palestinians, the existence of extreme Zionist parties, and so on.

While the situation is by no means clean cut, I'm aware which side most of the responsibility should be awarded to. This is all I'm going to say on this matter, as this is a forum on religion rather than on politics.

I just didn't want to let that slide by uncommented.
talmid
Posts: 59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2015 11:39:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 11:31:30 PM, Hitchian wrote:
At 11/15/2015 11:21:15 PM, talmid wrote:
Israel deals with this every day. Now the antisemites in Paris can feel the pain that Israelis have felt for so long.

The key difference is that Israel usurped and occupies land which is not theirs and subjects Palestinians to a daily humiliating and crippling blockade. Another significant difference revolves around the peculiarities in the Israeli constitution and common law with regards to Palestinians, the existence of extreme Zionist parties, and so on.

While the situation is by no means clean cut, I'm aware which side most of the responsibility should be awarded to. This is all I'm going to say on this matter, as this is a forum on religion rather than on politics.

I just didn't want to let that slide by uncommented.

Palestine was never a state. The Arabs just came and started living there. The Holy Land has always belonged to the Jews. We have archaeological and historical evidence that the Jews always lived there. When the Jews were sent into exile, the sly Arabs came and stole the land and now everyone thinks that it belongs to them.

Even if you were right and the land always belonged to the Arabs, so what? There is not a single piece of soil on this earth that has never been conquered. According to your logic, all the Americans ought to get out of America and return it to the Native Americans. And this applies no less to every other land on the entire earth.

Therefore your argument is flawed in three ways
1. Israel never belonged to the Arabs, Palestine was never a state
2. Israel always belonged to Israel, it was given to them by G-d Himself and they lived there for thousands of years before the Arabs stepped foot onto the Holy Land
3. Even if you were to ignore the above, Israel is just as entitled to conquer land as everyone else.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,601
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 12:14:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 11:39:51 PM, talmid wrote:
At 11/15/2015 11:31:30 PM, Hitchian wrote:
At 11/15/2015 11:21:15 PM, talmid wrote:
Israel deals with this every day. Now the antisemites in Paris can feel the pain that Israelis have felt for so long.

The key difference is that Israel usurped and occupies land which is not theirs and subjects Palestinians to a daily humiliating and crippling blockade. Another significant difference revolves around the peculiarities in the Israeli constitution and common law with regards to Palestinians, the existence of extreme Zionist parties, and so on.

While the situation is by no means clean cut, I'm aware which side most of the responsibility should be awarded to. This is all I'm going to say on this matter, as this is a forum on religion rather than on politics.

I just didn't want to let that slide by uncommented.

Palestine was never a state. The Arabs just came and started living there. The Holy Land has always belonged to the Jews. We have archaeological and historical evidence that the Jews always lived there. When the Jews were sent into exile, the sly Arabs came and stole the land and now everyone thinks that it belongs to them.

Even if you were right and the land always belonged to the Arabs, so what? There is not a single piece of soil on this earth that has never been conquered. According to your logic, all the Americans ought to get out of America and return it to the Native Americans. And this applies no less to every other land on the entire earth.

Therefore your argument is flawed in three ways
1. Israel never belonged to the Arabs, Palestine was never a state
2. Israel always belonged to Israel, it was given to them by G-d Himself and they lived there for thousands of years before the Arabs stepped foot onto the Holy Land
3. Even if you were to ignore the above, Israel is just as entitled to conquer land as everyone else.

Maybe the Muslims should give back Syria and Egypt.
beng100
Posts: 1,055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 8:06:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 8:22:54 PM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 11/15/2015 7:24:24 PM, beng100 wrote:
At 11/15/2015 5:04:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com...

wow awesome media full of it now... how stupid people can be every day 200 ppl die in syria alone nobody have any problem with that where the leaders of the world to protect these ppl? psychology of crowds the internet full of ppl crying for these in paris from china to america... human stupidity.

I understand where you are coming from. Yes its bad what happened in paris but this sort of thing happens daily in Syria. I suppose its a wake up call to the world about the dangers posed by Islamic state and how essential it is to defeat them quickly and end the civil war in Syria.

How about the Muslim countries in the middle east take care of isis. Then they don't have to complain that the west is meffling in their affairs.

Ideally this would be the best scenario. However relations between middle eastern states, predominantly totalitarian dictatorships are generally poor and coordination between them inept. It is also hindered by major divisions between Sunni and Shia controlled countries and the presence of Israel. By fighting IS middle eastern countries would effectively enter full on war which they are reluctant to do. My proposal of russia dealing with Syria and the US dealing with Iraq would be the easiest and quickest scenario with both handing control back to their chosen puppet governments after.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2015 8:35:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/15/2015 5:04:04 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com...

wow awesome media full of it now... how stupid people can be every day 200 ppl die in syria alone nobody have any problem with that where the leaders of the world to protect these ppl? psychology of crowds the internet full of ppl crying for these in paris from china to america... human stupidity.

No one should object to Muslims dying in their own countries or being killed by Islamists because the prophet Mohammed led his army against Arabs as his first targets.
But Muslims should not be allowed to trample on hallowed ground which is the home of Christians. All Muslim refugees should be trained to fight tbe jihadists and then sent back to their countries where the jihadists can be found.
Muslims in Christian countries only invite resentment and a clash of civilizations.