Jump to topic:

Wife from the land of Nod. WTF?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 2:03:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Where the hell did she come from and supply the biblical passages that support your explanation.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 6:56:46 PM
At 11/17/2015 2:03:09 PM, bulproof wrote:
Where the hell did she come from and supply the biblical passages that support your explanation.

The same place that you came from. She must have been a neanderthal.(kidding...or am I?)

This very point you make is why I laugh when Atheists scream,"Your book says man has only been here 6,000 years!". Okay. Then where did Cain's wife come from and from what civilization? Adam is the Hebrew word for "man", not ancestors of man. Isn't this fitting with evolution which Atheists cling so tight to? You should be relieved. The Bible might/mightnot agree with the idea of a race of humanoids parralel to "mankind" that are breedable by humans. But, then again. There's nothing that says Cain didn't simply find a goat to marry and call it his wife because there were no other humanoids. You decide.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 10:32:48 PM
At 11/17/2015 6:56:46 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

The same place that you came from. She must have been a neanderthal.(kidding...or am I?)

This very point you make is why I laugh when Atheists scream,"Your book says man has only been here 6,000 years!". Okay. Then where did Cain's wife come from and from what civilization? Adam is the Hebrew word for "man", not ancestors of man. Isn't this fitting with evolution which Atheists cling so tight to? You should be relieved. The Bible might/mightnot agree with the idea of a race of humanoids parralel to "mankind" that are breedable by humans. But, then again. There's nothing that says Cain didn't simply find a goat to marry and call it his wife because there were no other humanoids. You decide.

In other words, there is no biblical excuse for people suddenly appearing that have no history or connection to the original created couple. This is conveniently overlooked and ad-hoc junk like this is thrown out as some kind of explanation. The simple fact is that there is no explanation in the bible for a lot of things and this is just the first in a long line of them.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 10:43:55 PM
At 11/17/2015 10:32:48 PM, dhardage wrote:

In other words, there is no biblical excuse for people suddenly appearing that have no history or connection to the original created couple. This is conveniently overlooked and ad-hoc junk like this is thrown out as some kind of explanation. The simple fact is that there is no explanation in the bible for a lot of things and this is just the first in a long line of them.

Who knows? Maybe it's not a literal story about one single man seeing that Adam means "man" in Hebrew. Jesus used parables all the time. If he is God, perhaps this story is parabalistic to explain a deeper thought concerning mankind and God. Then again maybe she was an evolved chimpanzee.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2015 11:48:48 PM
At 11/17/2015 10:43:55 PM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:

Who knows? Maybe it's not a literal story about one single man seeing that Adam means "man" in Hebrew. Jesus used parables all the time. If he is God, perhaps this story is parabalistic to explain a deeper thought concerning mankind and God. Then again maybe she was an evolved chimpanzee.

Lol?!?

She was his sister man. Or was she a demon? She could have been a knuckle dragger, but I assume she was his sister seeing Adam lived nearly 1,000 years after the fall. And there is no telling how long he'd been around before the fall breeding like a jackrabbit on crack.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 3:00:50 AM
So you have nothing from the bible to explain the people of Nod, you just blindly accept it. That says a lot about bible believers.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 3:28:14 AM
At 11/18/2015 3:00:50 AM, bulproof wrote:
So you have nothing from the bible to explain the people of Nod, you just blindly accept it. That says a lot about bible believers.

I know I'm going to regret replying to BP...

Quote please.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 3:32:00 AM
At 11/18/2015 3:28:14 AM, Geogeer wrote:

Quote please.
What?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 7:33:38 AM
At 11/18/2015 3:32:00 AM, bulproof wrote:

Quote please.
What?

The bible quote noting the people of Nod.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 10:07:16 AM
At 11/18/2015 7:33:38 AM, Geogeer wrote:

Quote please.
What?

Oh dear, why do you godbotherers pretend to not know what is in your great book of fables.
You are dismissed.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 11:17:13 AM

I've never understood why this is supposed to be such a clever question.

First, the Hebrew word translated "Adam" meant "Mankind", it was a collective term referencing all of mankind. The first two passages in Genesis 5 are quite explicit that the word Adam refers to mankind collectively, 5:2 says God created male and female and called them Adam.

Second, even if you are a literalist and can't grasp that concept, Genesis 5:4 is quit explicit that Adam and Eve had sons and daughters, we are only given the name of three sons, but Genesis speaks explicitly that there were also daughters, so even with a belief that Adam and Eve were a literal first couple from which all mankind is descended, it's clear that brothers married sisters.

So WTF, why is that so hard to grasp?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 11:20:51 AM

You mean other than the quite explicit explanation that is in the Bible, such cluelessness says a lot about you.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 11:48:20 AM

In other words, there is no biblical excuse for people suddenly appearing that have no history or connection to the original created couple.

In other words, you have no idea what you are talking about.

This is conveniently overlooked and ad-hoc junk like this is thrown out as some kind of explanation. The simple fact is that there is no explanation in the bible for a lot of things and this is just the first in a long line of them.

The simple fact is you are a follower, and you have chosen to follow someone who is completely clueless. That is sad.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 11:51:23 AM
At 11/18/2015 11:20:51 AM, Sidewalker wrote:

You mean other than the quite explicit explanation that is in the Bible, such cluelessness says a lot about you.

Well just like your fellow travelers you are incapable of presenting any passages from the bible to support the nonsense you claim.
How many Eves were spoken to by walking talking snakey woo?
How many Adams were shagging how many Eves and how many were monogamous?
Not a fair question since they would all be clones and there is no way to tell them apart.
Now have you got any bible passages to support your contradictory and ridiculous contentions?
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 1:37:25 PM
At 11/18/2015 11:51:23 AM, bulproof wrote:

Well just like your fellow travelers you are incapable of presenting any passages from the bible to support the nonsense you claim.
Not a fair question since they would all be clones and there is no way to tell them apart.
Now have you got any bible passages to support your contradictory and ridiculous contentions?

A reading comprehension problem too?

As I already said and you didn't understand, Genesis 5:1 and 5:2 for the collective "Adam", and Genesis 5:4 for the literalist Adam and Eve having sons and daughters. Look it up, read slow, and get somebody to tell you what the big words mean.

I really don't think I can dumb it down any further than that for you.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 2:19:49 PM
At 11/18/2015 10:07:16 AM, bulproof wrote:

Quote please.
What?

Oh dear, why do you godbotherers pretend to not know what is in your great book of fables.
You are dismissed.

That is because what you are claiming doesn't exist. You've really gone downhill recently. That is 0 for 2.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 2:25:07 PM
At 11/18/2015 1:37:25 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

As I already said and you didn't understand, Genesis 5:1 and 5:2 for the collective "Adam", and Genesis 5:4 for the literalist Adam and Eve having sons and daughters. Look it up, read slow, and get somebody to tell you what the big words mean.

That's why I asked the questions that you seem incapable of comprehending.
How many Adams existed in the collective Adam? And how many Eves likewise?
These are your contentions so it's incumbent upon you to clarify them.
When were the literal Adam and Eve as opposed to the "collective" Adam and Eve reduced to two persons? And what happened to the collective Adam and Eve? Can you provide the passages that make this claim?
While you are at it can you provide any passage that explains the existence of people in the land of Nod, which is after all what this thread is about.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 2:28:31 PM
At 11/18/2015 2:19:49 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Quote please.
What?

You are dismissed.

That is because what you are claiming doesn't exist. You've really gone downhill recently. That is 0 for 2.

Oh dear I see the tail between your legs again and you yelling back over your shoulder how you won.
You are dismissed.
The land of Nod would seem an appropriate place for you to retreat to. Off yo go.
Unless you have some passages to support the question posed.
HaHa of course you don't, that's why I pose the questions.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 2:32:46 PM
At 11/18/2015 2:25:07 PM, bulproof wrote:

When were the literal Adam and Eve as opposed to the "collective" Adam and Eve reduced to two persons? And what happened to the collective Adam and Eve? Can you provide the passages that make this claim?
While you are at it can you provide any passage that explains the existence of people in the land of Nod, which is after all what this thread is about.

I'm sorry, I already told you I can't dumb it down any further for you, if you don't have the mental capacity to comprehend it, then you will just have to learn to live with your astounding ignorance. Good luck with that.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 2:32:58 PM
At 11/18/2015 11:48:20 AM, Sidewalker wrote:

In other words, there is no biblical excuse for people suddenly appearing that have no history or connection to the original created couple.

In other words, you have no idea what you are talking about.

This is conveniently overlooked and ad-hoc junk like this is thrown out as some kind of explanation. The simple fact is that there is no explanation in the bible for a lot of things and this is just the first in a long line of them.

The simple fact is you are a follower, and you have chosen to follow someone who is completely clueless. That is sad.

Actually, no. I read Genesis and there's no apparent connection between Nod and Eden until Cain goes there to live. All this other junk is just that, junk. So either the bible is literal and Adam and Eve were two people who populated the world via incest (impossible since the inbreeding would have killed everyone within a few generations) or it is allegory or parable, in which case there is no original sin and thus no need for redemption. Which is it?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 2:39:35 PM
At 11/18/2015 11:17:13 AM, Sidewalker wrote:

I've never understood why this is supposed to be such a clever question.

First, the Hebrew word translated "Adam" meant "Mankind", it was a collective term referencing all of mankind. The first two passages in Genesis 5 are quite explicit that the word Adam refers to mankind collectively, 5:2 says God created male and female and called them Adam.

I've read that "adam" in hebrew has a link to 'red'. So, I'm curious if Adam is understood, in the context of Genesis, to mean 'mankind', but was actually a made up word. I realize this may be slightly off topic, but I wanted your thoughts on this.

Second, even if you are a literalist and can't grasp that concept, Genesis 5:4 is quit explicit that Adam and Eve had sons and daughters, we are only given the name of three sons, but Genesis speaks explicitly that there were also daughters, so even with a belief that Adam and Eve were a literal first couple from which all mankind is descended, it's clear that brothers married sisters.

So WTF, why is that so hard to grasp?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 3:16:47 PM
At 11/18/2015 2:32:46 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 11/18/2015 2:25:07 PM, bulproof wrote:

I'm sorry, I already told you I can't dumb it down any further for you, if you don't have the mental capacity to comprehend it, then you will just have to learn to live with your astounding ignorance. Good luck with that.

Yes sweety, you didn't supply any biblical passages in support of your contentions, you just claimed that you were right regardless of your inability to prove it.
Oh don't concern yourself, we are well aware of the bible believer being unable to support his claims, it's understandable the stupidity of the authors and their inability to create a coherent fairy tale.
It ends up with you and your ilk providing ever new and always less believable explanations in a vain attempt to make the nonsensical make sense.
Apparently it works quite well for the subby's that occupy the ranks of bible believers.
You are dismissed.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 4:39:05 PM
At 11/18/2015 2:28:31 PM, bulproof wrote:

Quote please.
What?

You are dismissed.

Oh dear I see the tail between your legs again and you yelling back over your shoulder how you won.
You are dismissed.
The land of Nod would seem an appropriate place for you to retreat to. Off yo go.

Lol. You are making a claim about the people from the land of Nod... Yet your refusal to even quote the passage you are basing your argument on is somehow me putting my tail between my legs and running away? You certainly have the most twisted logic ever.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 4:40:43 PM
At 11/18/2015 4:39:05 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Quote please.
What?

You are dismissed.

You are dismissed.

Lol. You are making a claim about the people from the land of Nod... Yet your refusal to even quote the passage you are basing your argument on is somehow me putting my tail between my legs and running away? You certainly have the most twisted logic ever.
Where did Cain get his alleged wife?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 4:41:58 PM
At 11/18/2015 4:40:43 PM, bulproof wrote:

Quote please.
What?

You are dismissed.

You are dismissed.

Quote me where it talks about Cain and his wife.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 4:51:14 PM
At 11/18/2015 4:41:58 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/18/2015 4:40:43 PM, bulproof wrote:

Quote please.
What?

You are dismissed.

You are dismissed.

Quote me where it talks about Cain and his wife.

No numbnuts we both know where it does, you quote me where Han Solo f*cks the Wookie.
Just admit that you lack the guts and the integrity needed to support the crap in your great book of fables.
Back to the land of nod for you.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 4:59:07 PM
At 11/18/2015 4:51:14 PM, bulproof wrote:

No numbnuts we both know where it does, you quote me where Han Solo f*cks the Wookie.
Just admit that you lack the guts and the integrity needed to support the crap in your great book of fables.

You are the one who made a claim (which I left above). I want you to quote the passage where it talks about the people of Nod (since you brought it up and made a claim that it says there were a people of Nod). Since you are unwilling to do so, you know that it does not say what you claim it does. You need a new hobby... you're not very good at this one.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 5:04:13 PM
At 11/18/2015 4:59:07 PM, Geogeer wrote:

You are the one who made a claim (which I left above). I want you to quote the passage where it talks about the people of Nod (since you brought it up and made a claim that it says there were a people of Nod). Since you are unwilling to do so, you know that it does not say what you claim it does. You need a new hobby... you're not very good at this one.

Whether or not I'm good at this one is irrelevant because it is so much fun.
I take it then that you are incapable of addressing the OP and have wasted your time and mine.
Good for you old bean.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 5:06:45 PM
At 11/18/2015 5:04:13 PM, bulproof wrote:

I take it then that you are incapable of addressing the OP and have wasted your time and mine.
Good for you old bean.

Goodbye BP. I gave you 2 threads to show that you were sincere in debating. In both of them you have shown that you are not. Back to the ignore list.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2015 5:13:10 PM
At 11/18/2015 5:06:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 11/18/2015 5:04:13 PM, bulproof wrote:

Good for you old bean.

Goodbye BP. I gave you 2 threads to show that you were sincere in debating. In both of them you have shown that you are not. Back to the ignore list.
You have nothing to debate little godbotherer, I shall still annoy you though.
LOL
If you ever read your book of fables and notice the passages concerning the mythical Cain and the mythical Nod and his mythical wife do come back and play my game.
I never lose but then you can never win.
ByeBye.