Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

What does your religion provide in this life?

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 3:58:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
For example with Christianity we all know that if you accept Jesus as you lord and savior you will be saved from hell after death. Also people of all religions can claim that it provides them a sense of community, pride in serving God, and a variety of other general things that come from being a part of a club. This question is not about afterlife prizes or the things you subjectivity see as beneficial. I would like to know what your religion promises to provide in this life based on actual scriptures. I would love to be able to build a comparison chart of the major religions to see how they stack up.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 4:09:36 AM
At 11/19/2015 3:58:36 AM, drpiek wrote:
For example with Christianity we all know that if you accept Jesus as you lord and savior you will be saved from hell after death. Also people of all religions can claim that it provides them a sense of community, pride in serving God, and a variety of other general things that come from being a part of a club. This question is not about afterlife prizes or the things you subjectivity see as beneficial. I would like to know what your religion promises to provide in this life based on actual scriptures. I would love to be able to build a comparison chart of the major religions to see how they stack up.

Satan promised 3 things to Eve. 1) you won't die (immortality) 2.) your eyes will open up (wisdom) 3. you will be like God (divinity)

They are the same lies told today by so many religious, sects, cults, progressive movements, ect...
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 7:22:12 AM
At 11/19/2015 4:09:36 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Satan promised 3 things to Eve. 1) you won't die (immortality) 2.) your eyes will open up (wisdom) 3. you will be like God (divinity)

They are the same lies told today by so many religious, sects, cults, progressive movements, ect...

They are the same lies being told by ALL religious sects, cults churches etc.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 11:49:45 AM

Its beneficial and helpful in every aspect u can think of and i mean it literally. Islam is practical way of life not just believing in something and u dont have to do anything more than that like christianity... for instance as muslims our daily routine goes like this u need to wake up early in the morning to do the morning prayer and also pray on other 4 specific times during the day. it teachs u self restrain/ to do job on time/ patience.. before the prayers we wash our body and it has psychological and physical benefits. the prayer is like brainwashing own self before u have to read some portion of the Quran no matter what... after the morning prayer going to eat? our beloved Prophet taught us not to eat excessively/ not to eat stuff that damage u.. its included alcohol drug or cigarettes... going to work? the Quran command us not to lie, no cheat on business to be fair... i mean every action we make. i dont mean we are zombies its our morality. our happiness doesnt depend on money/fame or getting more women that we can, happiness comes through worshiping God alone, to be pleased with anything in life because it all comes from God no matter what happens to u sick poor or rich... thats what it provides us.
Never fart near dog
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 12:59:30 PM

Christianity and following the spiritual principles Jesus taught gives you access into the spirit and communion with the Spirit.
Christianity is relevant to your life in the now because spirituality is an application and Christianity is a spiritual lifestyle, making it an experience.
It provides the seeker with an opportunity to demonstrate for themselves the quality and substance of the spirit through observation.

Religion is a rangy word that doesn't really express what spirituality is. What Jesus teaches is simplicity of spirit and gives one all the keys to unlock what one needs.
Religion becomes a complicated issue and what Jesus teaches is simple, easy and applicable. Spirituality at it's core becomes simplistic, and that is what it should be.
When we move away from opinions and doctrinal dispute we bring the ball back around to ourselves, which is where it should be. Any individual can read the Gospels and get a clear cut idea of what Jesus believed, taught and lived.

John 14

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive , because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 1:18:24 PM

wow, that sounds really nice. it's too bad your god would rather hide than to reveal itself.
here are 4 simple yes or no questions for you
so far Odin and Zues have answered no on at least 1 of these questions

is your god capable of convincing me that it exists?
is your god capable of communicating with me in a way that i can understand?
is your god capable of interacting with me, without my permission?
does your god want me to know it exists?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 1:25:12 PM
At 11/19/2015 1:18:24 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:

wow, that sounds really nice. it's too bad your god would rather hide than to reveal itself.

Lol and this is what happens when you operate from a stale list, you become blinded and stale, this fella doesn't even know who is posting.
BTW I answered his little list but you can go read how this poster deflected the matter right off the bat and obviously has grudge issues. The poster is not interested in an answer, it just wants to play games.
AVicu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 1:31:07 PM

If you judge others god will judge you. I try my best not to judge. That's why I'm free. God gave me the gift of life. God told me not to listen to spiritual leaders.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 1:45:21 PM
At 11/19/2015 1:31:07 PM, AVicu wrote:

If you judge others god will judge you. I try my best not to judge. That's why I'm free. God gave me the gift of life. God told me not to listen to spiritual leaders.

Yet your first quote comes from a spiritual leader? Where does your concept of judging come from? where does your concept of God come from as well?

We all can learn from others. Actually most of our make up and what we learn has come from others. So how does that work exactly?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 1:53:12 PM
At 11/19/2015 1:25:12 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Lol and this is what happens when you operate from a stale list, you become blinded and stale, this fella doesn't even know who is posting.
BTW I answered his little list but you can go read how this poster deflected the matter right off the bat and obviously has grudge issues. The poster is not interested in an answer, it just wants to play games.

I mean the copy and paste thing is cute and all but give us all a break and pay attention. Drpiek wasn't stating a position, he was asking about one lol.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 3:34:02 PM
At 11/19/2015 1:53:12 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 11/19/2015 1:25:12 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

I mean the copy and paste thing is cute and all but give us all a break and pay attention. Drpiek wasn't stating a position, he was asking about one lol.

why wouldn't i copy and paste?, my list is very effective at saving me a lot of time.
if your think your god would answer no on any of the questions, then your god is useless to me.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 7:04:36 PM

Confusion and fear.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2015 9:17:58 PM
.... I would like to know what your religion promises to provide in this life based on actual scriptures. I would love to be able to build a comparison chart of the major religions to see how they stack up.

Peace:
Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, give I to you. Don't let your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful.
John 14:27

Truth and freedom:
"If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

Wisdom:
But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given to him.
James 1:5

Antifear:
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear has punishment. He who fears is not made perfect in love.
1 John 4:18