Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Random Thoughts I Got

Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The personification of good is Jesus Christ who died and rose again

The personification of evil is Soren Kierkegaard who died and will reincarnate.

The personification of destruction is Muhammad who died and tbh I have no idea what he has in mind.

Some thoughts on evolution:

1) No evolution of any sort can't occur without intelligence. At the very least a human, like you, named Charles Darwin stubbornly opened that Pandora's box. And it takes intelligent people to accept such crap.

2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

3) If you believe your mind equates bunch of firing neurons you are being silly. Firing neurons are just that just like falling rocks just are, consciousness is a mysterious extra that is unaccounted for. It is possible for science to effect an unconscious, walking and talking corpse, and it MUST involve a precise application of electricity just like Volta's experiment whih twitched a frog's leg.

4) Evolutionists have a poor sense of time and an ultimately hopeless future. They think in terms of billions of years, creationists think in terms of eternity.

5) Think about random mutations for a moment. The genetic processes that keep you living ARE NOT random and there is a preciseness to how they work. Random mutations from toxic chemicals and radiation mess it up and it would be fatal if not for genetic correction mechanisms.

6) Natural selection exists but is unduly overrated while the role of genetic drift (death of organisms due to factors they have no adaptation for) and extinction is ignored.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Ramshutu
Posts: 4,063
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 4:17:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM, Iredia wrote:
The personification of good is Jesus Christ who died and rose again

The personification of evil is Soren Kierkegaard who died and will reincarnate.

The personification of destruction is Muhammad who died and tbh I have no idea what he has in mind.

Some thoughts on evolution:

1) No evolution of any sort can't occur without intelligence. At the very least a human, like you, named Charles Darwin stubbornly opened that Pandora's box. And it takes intelligent people to accept such crap.

Why? For what reason, what evidence do you have to support this?


2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

It's not particularly clear what you mean here.

3) If you believe your mind equates bunch of firing neurons you are being silly. Firing neurons are just that just like falling rocks just are, consciousness is a mysterious extra that is unaccounted for. It is possible for science to effect an unconscious, walking and talking corpse, and it MUST involve a precise application of electricity just like Volta's experiment whih twitched a frog's leg.

You don't know what consciousness actually is, nor do you have any test you can perform to show it, therefore you can make no statements about what it is or isn't.

4) Evolutionists have a poor sense of time and an ultimately hopeless future. They think in terms of billions of years, creationists think in terms of eternity.

That doesn't make it wrong.

5) Think about random mutations for a moment. The genetic processes that keep you living ARE NOT random and there is a preciseness to how they work. Random mutations from toxic chemicals and radiation mess it up and it would be fatal if not for genetic correction mechanisms.

This is flat out and totally wrong; we understand genetic mutations relatively well, and have so many examples of mutations, positive and neutral occurring that saying otherwise is a flat out lie.

6) Natural selection exists but is unduly overrated while the role of genetic drift (death of organisms due to factors they have no adaptation for) and extinction is ignored.

That's not genetic drift.

Natural selection, drift, extinction, changing ecosystems all play a large part of the evolutionary narrative and, indeed, all have their part to play in that narrative.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 5:48:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM, Iredia wrote:
The personification of good is Jesus Christ who died and rose again

The personification of evil is Soren Kierkegaard who died and will reincarnate.

The personification of destruction is Muhammad who died and tbh I have no idea what he has in mind.

Some thoughts on evolution:

1) No evolution of any sort can't occur without intelligence. At the very least a human, like you, named Charles Darwin stubbornly opened that Pandora's box. And it takes intelligent people to accept such crap.

2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

3) If you believe your mind equates bunch of firing neurons you are being silly. Firing neurons are just that just like falling rocks just are, consciousness is a mysterious extra that is unaccounted for. It is possible for science to effect an unconscious, walking and talking corpse, and it MUST involve a precise application of electricity just like Volta's experiment whih twitched a frog's leg.

4) Evolutionists have a poor sense of time and an ultimately hopeless future. They think in terms of billions of years, creationists think in terms of eternity.

5) Think about random mutations for a moment. The genetic processes that keep you living ARE NOT random and there is a preciseness to how they work. Random mutations from toxic chemicals and radiation mess it up and it would be fatal if not for genetic correction mechanisms.

6) Natural selection exists but is unduly overrated while the role of genetic drift (death of organisms due to factors they have no adaptation for) and extinction is ignored.

Yeah intelligent design has resulted in the extinction of 99% of all of the life forms so intelligently designed. This intelligent designer couldn't get a job cleaning toilets with that record.

Most creationists think in terms of a few days until har har magedon and desperately hope for an eternity of utter boredom.

The mind or as I like to call it "the capacity for rational and independent thought" has been eradicated from the religionists genome. If you don't use it you lose it.

It's about time you showed me the undesigned universe with which you compare this one and explain the differences that support your claim for design in this one.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 7:26:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM, Iredia wrote:
The personification of good is Jesus Christ who died and rose again

The personification of evil is Soren Kierkegaard who died and will reincarnate.

The personification of destruction is Muhammad who died and tbh I have no idea what he has in mind.

Some thoughts on evolution:

1) No evolution of any sort can't occur without intelligence. At the very least a human, like you, named Charles Darwin stubbornly opened that Pandora's box. And it takes intelligent people to accept such crap.

2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

3) If you believe your mind equates bunch of firing neurons you are being silly. Firing neurons are just that just like falling rocks just are, consciousness is a mysterious extra that is unaccounted for. It is possible for science to effect an unconscious, walking and talking corpse, and it MUST involve a precise application of electricity just like Volta's experiment whih twitched a frog's leg.

4) Evolutionists have a poor sense of time and an ultimately hopeless future. They think in terms of billions of years, creationists think in terms of eternity.

5) Think about random mutations for a moment. The genetic processes that keep you living ARE NOT random and there is a preciseness to how they work. Random mutations from toxic chemicals and radiation mess it up and it would be fatal if not for genetic correction mechanisms.

6) Natural selection exists but is unduly overrated while the role of genetic drift (death of organisms due to factors they have no adaptation for) and extinction is ignored.

How does the adjective "stubbornly" attach to the verb "opened".
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 8:04:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM, Iredia wrote:
The personification of good is Jesus Christ who died and rose again

The personification of evil is Soren Kierkegaard who died and will reincarnate.

The personification of destruction is Muhammad who died and tbh I have no idea what he has in mind.

Some thoughts on evolution:

1) No evolution of any sort can't occur without intelligence. At the very least a human, like you, named Charles Darwin stubbornly opened that Pandora's box. And it takes intelligent people to accept such crap.

2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

3) If you believe your mind equates bunch of firing neurons you are being silly. Firing neurons are just that just like falling rocks just are, consciousness is a mysterious extra that is unaccounted for. It is possible for science to effect an unconscious, walking and talking corpse, and it MUST involve a precise application of electricity just like Volta's experiment whih twitched a frog's leg.

4) Evolutionists have a poor sense of time and an ultimately hopeless future. They think in terms of billions of years, creationists think in terms of eternity.

5) Think about random mutations for a moment. The genetic processes that keep you living ARE NOT random and there is a preciseness to how they work. Random mutations from toxic chemicals and radiation mess it up and it would be fatal if not for genetic correction mechanisms.

6) Natural selection exists but is unduly overrated while the role of genetic drift (death of organisms due to factors they have no adaptation for) and extinction is ignored.

Yes, they are definitely random thoughts.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 9:34:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/20/2015 5:48:41 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM, Iredia wrote:
The personification of good is Jesus Christ who died and rose again

The personification of evil is Soren Kierkegaard who died and will reincarnate.

The personification of destruction is Muhammad who died and tbh I have no idea what he has in mind.

Some thoughts on evolution:

1) No evolution of any sort can't occur without intelligence. At the very least a human, like you, named Charles Darwin stubbornly opened that Pandora's box. And it takes intelligent people to accept such crap.

2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

3) If you believe your mind equates bunch of firing neurons you are being silly. Firing neurons are just that just like falling rocks just are, consciousness is a mysterious extra that is unaccounted for. It is possible for science to effect an unconscious, walking and talking corpse, and it MUST involve a precise application of electricity just like Volta's experiment whih twitched a frog's leg.

4) Evolutionists have a poor sense of time and an ultimately hopeless future. They think in terms of billions of years, creationists think in terms of eternity.

5) Think about random mutations for a moment. The genetic processes that keep you living ARE NOT random and there is a preciseness to how they work. Random mutations from toxic chemicals and radiation mess it up and it would be fatal if not for genetic correction mechanisms.

6) Natural selection exists but is unduly overrated while the role of genetic drift (death of organisms due to factors they have no adaptation for) and extinction is ignored.

Yeah intelligent design has resulted in the extinction of 99% of all of the life forms so intelligently designed. This intelligent designer couldn't get a job cleaning toilets with that record.
Non sequitur, you really aren't very logical. If the design was preset to cause extinction so humans would have fossil fuels, then bingo, Its intelligent. You seem to know what motivates others. You must be one hell of a mind reader or just plain logically inept. Based on your exticntion of something as not being intelligent design, I assume you don't think the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima was a result of intelligent design since it was designed to destroy itself, among other things as well. Still the hypocrite I see, I could be wrong though,
Most creationists think in terms of a few days until har har magedon and desperately hope for an eternity of utter boredom.
Non sequitur......you have no reason to believe eternity results in boredom. This is projection on your part. Places and things aren't boring, you are.
The mind or as I like to call it "the capacity for rational and independent thought" has been eradicated from the religionists genome. If you don't use it you lose it.

Independent thought??? Really, please give me an example of a thought that you possess that was gained independent of other people. Yes it's an equivocation fallacy only if you aren't referencing other human ideas to contrast this "independent thought" to , which you claim to have. In this case you say it is in regards to religious ideology so you are in fact claiming you have thought that isn't derived from other humans and their ideas. Do you? Didn't think so.
It's about time you showed me the undesigned universe with which you compare to.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 10:59:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
How many of these thoughts are original, Iredia? How many have been uttered before, by others?

How have these thoughts been challenged, tested? What are their strengths and weaknesses? What matters remain outstanding?

What are your own biases? What is your ignorance? How do these limit you?

In offering your thoughts they are obviously significant to you, but you must believe they are potentially significant for others too. So what is it you owe others with respect to your thought, and how well or poorly do you fulfill it? How do you know?

Why, out of all the thoughts anyone might post to this forum, should this forum consider these thoughts important? Who should care, and why?

What should you care about more regarding the thoughts of others?

How is it you want to learn from posting these thoughts here?
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 10:39:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/20/2015 10:59:37 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
How many of these thoughts are original, Iredia? How many have been uttered before, by others?

How have these thoughts been challenged, tested? What are their strengths and weaknesses? What matters remain outstanding?

What are your own biases? What is your ignorance? How do these limit you?

In offering your thoughts they are obviously significant to you, but you must believe they are potentially significant for others too. So what is it you owe others with respect to your thought, and how well or poorly do you fulfill it? How do you know?

Why, out of all the thoughts anyone might post to this forum, should this forum consider these thoughts important? Who should care, and why?

What should you care about more regarding the thoughts of others?

How is it you want to learn from posting these thoughts here?

One can't answer all questions, a state of existence where there is no question to ask is a boring one. This is why I once said on the old RDFRS site (upon seeing a quite by Nietzche that morality divdes humanity) that humanity is the division of divinity (or God).

That said it something to think about. The first 3 statements are somewhat eschatological whilst the rest are simply my thoughts on evolution. I CAN NEVER believe in it. It's completely absurd.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 10:44:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/20/2015 10:39:44 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 11/20/2015 10:59:37 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
How many of these thoughts are original, Iredia? How many have been uttered before, by others?

That said it something to think about. The first 3 statements are somewhat eschatological whilst the rest are simply my thoughts on evolution. I CAN NEVER believe in it. It's completely absurd.

Who is this person who can never believe in evolution, and why should these views matter to anyone else?

What are this person's skills and knowledge? Intellectual strengths and weaknesses? Biases and self-interest? How many of this person's insights have been useful to others? How many have proven erroneous over time? How many of these insights are simply copies of other insights, better articulated or better understood elsewhere?

In advocating and voicing opinions, what does this person owe others? How are those obligations met or failed?
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 11:41:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Atheism

How long wilt my soul wrestle with thee,
A stubborn child is all I see,
how do you think by it you are free,
you are stuck in the same old 'it is we',

You are destined for a life lived once,
And wish the sleep of death askance,
Yet you know not what lieth as the dunce,
and think a few death tales where by chance,

When you wake in death, please do not cry,
Do not weep and groan 'Oh my, my, my, my!'
When in the palm of the god of death,
For all your good you must still fry,

'You ain't no virus,' thats a lie,
You wish all men would hear your cry,
you wish your every step they would try,
and wish men pass religions by,

But as every dark night has its day,
Your fears shall and will always stay,
The fear that faith will win the day,
The fear of death and with it what may,

My soul has searched your lowest depths,
And in you I find the deepest debts,
That if proud ingrates who break no sweat,
Denying the truth in life all men have met.

- Uyi Iredia (written 25/5/2014)
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 3:42:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/20/2015 9:34:37 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/20/2015 5:48:41 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM, Iredia wrote:
The personification of good is Jesus Christ who died and rose again

The personification of evil is Soren Kierkegaard who died and will reincarnate.

The personification of destruction is Muhammad who died and tbh I have no idea what he has in mind.

Some thoughts on evolution:

1) No evolution of any sort can't occur without intelligence. At the very least a human, like you, named Charles Darwin stubbornly opened that Pandora's box. And it takes intelligent people to accept such crap.

2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

3) If you believe your mind equates bunch of firing neurons you are being silly. Firing neurons are just that just like falling rocks just are, consciousness is a mysterious extra that is unaccounted for. It is possible for science to effect an unconscious, walking and talking corpse, and it MUST involve a precise application of electricity just like Volta's experiment whih twitched a frog's leg.

4) Evolutionists have a poor sense of time and an ultimately hopeless future. They think in terms of billions of years, creationists think in terms of eternity.

5) Think about random mutations for a moment. The genetic processes that keep you living ARE NOT random and there is a preciseness to how they work. Random mutations from toxic chemicals and radiation mess it up and it would be fatal if not for genetic correction mechanisms.

6) Natural selection exists but is unduly overrated while the role of genetic drift (death of organisms due to factors they have no adaptation for) and extinction is ignored.

Yeah intelligent design has resulted in the extinction of 99% of all of the life forms so intelligently designed. This intelligent designer couldn't get a job cleaning toilets with that record.
Non sequitur, you really aren't very logical. If the design was preset to cause extinction so humans would have fossil fuels, then bingo, Its intelligent. You seem to know what motivates others. You must be one hell of a mind reader or just plain logically inept. Based on your exticntion of something as not being intelligent design, I assume you don't think the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima was a result of intelligent design since it was designed to destroy itself, among other things as well. Still the hypocrite I see, I could be wrong though,
Point me to the hypocrisy, you shouldn't use words you don't understand and a course in constructing cogent and coherent sentences would serve you well in a text only environment.
Most creationists think in terms of a few days until har har magedon and desperately hope for an eternity of utter boredom.
Non sequitur......you have no reason to believe eternity results in boredom. This is projection on your part. Places and things aren't boring, you are.
You have no reason to believe in eternity, but you do. Get a ladder, climb up it and get over yourself, you are proving yourself the complete fool.
The mind or as I like to call it "the capacity for rational and independent thought" has been eradicated from the religionists genome. If you don't use it you lose it.

Independent thought??? Really, please give me an example of a thought that you possess that was gained independent of other people. Yes it's an equivocation fallacy only if you aren't referencing other human ideas to contrast this "independent thought" to , which you claim to have. In this case you say it is in regards to religious ideology so you are in fact claiming you have thought that isn't derived from other humans and their ideas. Do you? Didn't think so.
You see I could tell you some of my independent thoughts but you simply wouldn't and couldn't understand them. So I won't waste my time.
It's about time you showed me the undesigned universe with which you compare to.
You seem to have run away from this question, as do all the godbotherers who declare that this universe is designed without any reference point at which to begin.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 8:04:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 3:42:33 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/20/2015 9:34:37 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/20/2015 5:48:41 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM, Iredia wrote:
The personification of good is Jesus Christ who died and rose again

The personification of evil is Soren Kierkegaard who died and will reincarnate.

The personification of destruction is Muhammad who died and tbh I have no idea what he has in mind.

Some thoughts on evolution:

1) No evolution of any sort can't occur without intelligence. At the very least a human, like you, named Charles Darwin stubbornly opened that Pandora's box. And it takes intelligent people to accept such crap.

2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

3) If you believe your mind equates bunch of firing neurons you are being silly. Firing neurons are just that just like falling rocks just are, consciousness is a mysterious extra that is unaccounted for. It is possible for science to effect an unconscious, walking and talking corpse, and it MUST involve a precise application of electricity just like Volta's experiment whih twitched a frog's leg.

4) Evolutionists have a poor sense of time and an ultimately hopeless future. They think in terms of billions of years, creationists think in terms of eternity.

5) Think about random mutations for a moment. The genetic processes that keep you living ARE NOT random and there is a preciseness to how they work. Random mutations from toxic chemicals and radiation mess it up and it would be fatal if not for genetic correction mechanisms.

6) Natural selection exists but is unduly overrated while the role of genetic drift (death of organisms due to factors they have no adaptation for) and extinction is ignored.

Yeah intelligent design has resulted in the extinction of 99% of all of the life forms so intelligently designed. This intelligent designer couldn't get a job cleaning toilets with that record.
Non sequitur, you really aren't very logical. If the design was preset to cause extinction so humans would have fossil fuels, then bingo, Its intelligent. You seem to know what motivates others. You must be one hell of a mind reader or just plain logically inept. Based on your exticntion of something as not being intelligent design, I assume you don't think the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima was a result of intelligent design since it was designed to destroy itself, among other things as well. Still the hypocrite I see, I could be wrong though,
Point me to the hypocrisy, you shouldn't use words you don't understand and a course in constructing cogent and coherent sentences would serve you well in a text only environment.
Lets see.
If the design was preset to give humans fossil fuels then bingo, it was intelligent. Coherent
You seem to know what motivates others. You must be one hell of a mind reader or just logically inept. Coherent
I assume you don't think the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima was a result of intelligent design since it was designed to destroy itself, among other things as well. Coherent
Gonna avoid the question. Was the atom bomb a result of intelligent design? After all , you're the one using extinction as an analogy of not being intelligently designed. So since the bomb destroyed itself, umm it became extinct, it wasn't an example of intelligent design according to your premise as to what wouldn't be an intelligent outcome, extinction.
Most creationists think in terms of a few days until har har magedon and desperately hope for an eternity of utter boredom.
Non sequitur......you have no reason to believe eternity results in boredom. This is projection on your part. Places and things aren't boring, you are.
You have no reason to believe in eternity, but you do. Get a ladder, climb up it and get over yourself, you are proving yourself the complete fool.
I have no reason? Knowledge claim about me....prove it
I know you have no reason to think eternity is boring, since you know, you're here therefore are not experiencing eternity. I have actual proof for what I said.
Plan on addressing why your boring life thinks eternity is boring? Wait, asked and answered.
The mind or as I like to call it "the capacity for rational and independent thought" has been eradicated from the religionists genome. If you don't use it you lose it.

Independent thought??? Really, please give me an example of a thought that you possess that was gained independent of other people. Yes it's an equivocation fallacy only if you aren't referencing other human ideas to contrast this "independent thought" to , which you claim to have. In this case you say it is in regards to religious ideology so you are in fact claiming you have thought that isn't derived from other humans and their ideas. Do you? Didn't think so.
You see I could tell you some of my independent thoughts but you simply wouldn't and couldn't understand them. So I won't waste my time.
Yes, you have many words and thoughts no one has ever said before, I believe you, honestly.
It's about time you showed me the undesigned universe with which you compare to.
You seem to have run away from this question, as do all the godbotherers who declare that this universe is designed without any reference point at which to begin.
fallacy of bifurcation, who said designed and undesigned are the only 2 possibilities. And since you claim this universe isn't designed, because you apparently lost the definition of design, you need to show an example of a designed universe. Just because someone posits the universe is designed doesn't mean there has to be an example of an undesigned universe. Its really simple. You know what a designed car is?(blueprints, technical drawings, etc) Now, do you know what a spilled cup of coffee looks like on paper? We have examples right here in front of your face of things that aren't considered designed, they are considered random. You're more than welcome to think complexity is random. This is where your god "time" did it. Come on, say it. Given billions of years anything can happen.....blah blah blah
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 8:41:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Deism

The idealist still rings a bell,
And despises religion's pell-mell,
Every part of him wants to tell,
The idea of God that would sell,
Every groan he bears hurts than hell,
Because he sees clear how faith fell,
That it needs a reason if it must stand,
A reason for those ashire to come to land,
Something that would knit as a band,
Because for everything there must be a REASON,
But men are men and play the gods,
His kind utterance soon brings the swords,
His small talk brings on heated words,
For confused men think themselves lords,
Ask me why its better to just believe,
Because a doubting Thomas may be deceived,
Or soon may be robbed of his right to live.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 8:43:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Deism

The idealist still rings a bell,
And despises religion's pell-mell,
Every part of him wants to tell,
The idea of God that would sell,
Every groan he bears hurts than hell,
Because he sees clear how faith fell,
That it needs a reason if it must stand,
A reason for those ashire to come to land,
Something that would knit as a band,
Because for everything there must be a REASON,
But men are men and play the gods,
His kind utterance soon brings the swords,
His small talk brings on heated words,
For confused men think themselves lords,
Ask me why its better to just believe,
Because a doubting Thomas may be deceived,
Or soon may be robbed of his right to live.

(written by me 28/5/2014)
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 8:54:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
6 reasons why atheists are

- They blame God for evil yet say lying, stealing and consensual sex is okay. 3 great sources of evil.

- They believe in logic and reason and disbelieve in an immaterial mind the twobaee based upon.

- They don't want a God who ckmands the affairs of men but form coalative groups impose their values on others.

- They believe in a universal creative process that selects for life without a Creator.

- They probably believe in time travel and aliens which allows for an afterlife but disbelieve in THE SUPERNATURAL REALM that made this realm. By the way what about that dark energy and exitic matter, suspicious ain't it ?

- Worst of all is their pretense not to be a belief, philosophy or religion. How can a so-called unbelief spread if it isnt_at least_based on a belief in the first instance.

Perfection has not yet arrived. I've ven made mistakes in some of what I wrote here.Mistake equates to sin. This world was destroyed by water when men misused magic, it will be REBORN of fire before technology will coexist peacably with it. Funny enough, thats jus the beginning !
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:17:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 8:04:33 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/21/2015 3:42:33 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/20/2015 9:34:37 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/20/2015 5:48:41 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM, Iredia wrote:
The personification of good is Jesus Christ who died and rose again

The personification of evil is Soren Kierkegaard who died and will reincarnate.

The personification of destruction is Muhammad who died and tbh I have no idea what he has in mind.

Some thoughts on evolution:

1) No evolution of any sort can't occur without intelligence. At the very least a human, like you, named Charles Darwin stubbornly opened that Pandora's box. And it takes intelligent people to accept such crap.

2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

3) If you believe your mind equates bunch of firing neurons you are being silly. Firing neurons are just that just like falling rocks just are, consciousness is a mysterious extra that is unaccounted for. It is possible for science to effect an unconscious, walking and talking corpse, and it MUST involve a precise application of electricity just like Volta's experiment whih twitched a frog's leg.

4) Evolutionists have a poor sense of time and an ultimately hopeless future. They think in terms of billions of years, creationists think in terms of eternity.

5) Think about random mutations for a moment. The genetic processes that keep you living ARE NOT random and there is a preciseness to how they work. Random mutations from toxic chemicals and radiation mess it up and it would be fatal if not for genetic correction mechanisms.

6) Natural selection exists but is unduly overrated while the role of genetic drift (death of organisms due to factors they have no adaptation for) and extinction is ignored.

Yeah intelligent design has resulted in the extinction of 99% of all of the life forms so intelligently designed. This intelligent designer couldn't get a job cleaning toilets with that record.
Non sequitur, you really aren't very logical. If the design was preset to cause extinction so humans would have fossil fuels, then bingo, Its intelligent. You seem to know what motivates others. You must be one hell of a mind reader or just plain logically inept. Based on your exticntion of something as not being intelligent design, I assume you don't think the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima was a result of intelligent design since it was designed to destroy itself, among other things as well. Still the hypocrite I see, I could be wrong though,
Point me to the hypocrisy, you shouldn't use words you don't understand and a course in constructing cogent and coherent sentences would serve you well in a text only environment.
Lets see.
If the design was preset to give humans fossil fuels then bingo, it was intelligent. Coherent
You seem to know what motivates others. You must be one hell of a mind reader or just logically inept. Coherent
I assume you don't think the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima was a result of intelligent design since it was designed to destroy itself, among other things as well. Coherent
Gonna avoid the question. Was the atom bomb a result of intelligent design? After all , you're the one using extinction as an analogy of not being intelligently designed. So since the bomb destroyed itself, umm it became extinct, it wasn't an example of intelligent design according to your premise as to what wouldn't be an intelligent outcome, extinction.
I hate to be the one to have to tell you but the atom bomb was never alive. You may need counseling now.
Most creationists think in terms of a few days until har har magedon and desperately hope for an eternity of utter boredom.
Non sequitur......you have no reason to believe eternity results in boredom. This is projection on your part. Places and things aren't boring, you are.
You have no reason to believe in eternity, but you do. Get a ladder, climb up it and get over yourself, you are proving yourself the complete fool.
I have no reason? Knowledge claim about me....prove it
I'm happy for you to show the eternity you claim knowledge of.
I know you have no reason to think eternity is boring, since you know, you're here therefore are not experiencing eternity. I have actual proof for what I said.
See above.
Plan on addressing why your boring life thinks eternity is boring? Wait, asked and answered.
Talk about projection..........LOL
The mind or as I like to call it "the capacity for rational and independent thought" has been eradicated from the religionists genome. If you don't use it you lose it.

Independent thought??? Really, please give me an example of a thought that you possess that was gained independent of other people. Yes it's an equivocation fallacy only if you aren't referencing other human ideas to contrast this "independent thought" to , which you claim to have. In this case you say it is in regards to religious ideology so you are in fact claiming you have thought that isn't derived from other humans and their ideas. Do you? Didn't think so.
You see I could tell you some of my independent thoughts but you simply wouldn't and couldn't understand them. So I won't waste my time.
Yes, you have many words and thoughts no one has ever said before, I believe you, honestly.
It's too bad you don't understand the words you try to use, But I'm having fun.
It's about time you showed me the undesigned universe with which you compare to.
You seem to have run away from this question, as do all the godbotherers who declare that this universe is designed without any reference point at which to begin.
fallacy of bifurcation, who said designed and undesigned are the only 2 possibilities.
Name another.
And since you claim this universe isn't designed,
citation
because you apparently lost the definition of design,
citation
you need to show an example of a designed universe.
Pathetic attempt at shifting the BOP.
Just because someone posits the universe is designed doesn't mean there has to be an example of an undesigned universe.
You're right it just makes it impossible for the claimant to prove.
Its really simple. You know what a designed car is?(blueprints, technical drawings, etc) Now, do you know what a spilled cup of coffee looks like on paper? We have examples right here in front of your face of things that aren't considered designed, they are considered random. You're more than welcome to think complexity is random. This is where your god "time" did it. Come on, say it. Given billions of years anything can happen.....blah blah blah
Give me an example of something that is not designed.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:27:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 8:54:12 AM, Iredia wrote:
6 reasons why atheists are

- They blame God for evil yet say lying, stealing and consensual sex is okay. 3 great sources of evil.
Well atheists don't blame non existent anythings for anything, what we do is point out to you deluded believers exactly what it is you believe but are to stupid to realise.
It's wonderful that you consider consensual sex is evil, it would seem that like your god you consider non consensual sex to be GOOD.
- They believe in logic and reason and disbelieve in an immaterial mind the twobaee based upon.
Incoherent.
- They don't want a God who ckmands the affairs of men but form coalative groups impose their values on others.
Even more so.
- They believe in a universal creative process that selects for life without a Creator.
Have you ever read a book?
- They probably believe in time travel and aliens which allows for an afterlife but disbelieve in THE SUPERNATURAL REALM that made this realm. By the way what about that dark energy and exitic matter, suspicious ain't it ?
This is a story entirely of your making, you need to fill in the blanks in your own story.
- Worst of all is their pretense not to be a belief, philosophy or religion. How can a so-called unbelief spread if it isnt_at least_based on a belief in the first instance.
Theists claim gods exist, theist can provide NO evidence to support these claims and thus their claims are quite rightly rejected. It's amazing how this very simple fact is beyond the comprehension of so many theists on these boards,
Perfection has not yet arrived. I've ven made mistakes in some of what I wrote here.Mistake equates to sin. This world was destroyed by water when men misused magic, it will be REBORN of fire before technology will coexist peacably with it. Funny enough, thats jus the beginning !
Where is the water?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 11:06:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 9:17:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/21/2015 8:04:33 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/21/2015 3:42:33 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/20/2015 9:34:37 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/20/2015 5:48:41 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM, Iredia wrote:
The personification of good is Jesus Christ who died and rose again

The personification of evil is Soren Kierkegaard who died and will reincarnate.

The personification of destruction is Muhammad who died and tbh I have no idea what he has in mind.

Some thoughts on evolution:

1) No evolution of any sort can't occur without intelligence. At the very least a human, like you, named Charles Darwin stubbornly opened that Pandora's box. And it takes intelligent people to accept such crap.

2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

3) If you believe your mind equates bunch of firing neurons you are being silly. Firing neurons are just that just like falling rocks just are, consciousness is a mysterious extra that is unaccounted for. It is possible for science to effect an unconscious, walking and talking corpse, and it MUST involve a precise application of electricity just like Volta's experiment whih twitched a frog's leg.

4) Evolutionists have a poor sense of time and an ultimately hopeless future. They think in terms of billions of years, creationists think in terms of eternity.

5) Think about random mutations for a moment. The genetic processes that keep you living ARE NOT random and there is a preciseness to how they work. Random mutations from toxic chemicals and radiation mess it up and it would be fatal if not for genetic correction mechanisms.

6) Natural selection exists but is unduly overrated while the role of genetic drift (death of organisms due to factors they have no adaptation for) and extinction is ignored.

Yeah intelligent design has resulted in the extinction of 99% of all of the life forms so intelligently designed. This intelligent designer couldn't get a job cleaning toilets with that record.
Non sequitur, you really aren't very logical. If the design was preset to cause extinction so humans would have fossil fuels, then bingo, Its intelligent. You seem to know what motivates others. You must be one hell of a mind reader or just plain logically inept. Based on your exticntion of something as not being intelligent design, I assume you don't think the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima was a result of intelligent design since it was designed to destroy itself, among other things as well. Still the hypocrite I see, I could be wrong though,
Point me to the hypocrisy, you shouldn't use words you don't understand and a course in constructing cogent and coherent sentences would serve you well in a text only environment.
Lets see.
If the design was preset to give humans fossil fuels then bingo, it was intelligent. Coherent
You seem to know what motivates others. You must be one hell of a mind reader or just logically inept. Coherent
I assume you don't think the atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima was a result of intelligent design since it was designed to destroy itself, among other things as well. Coherent
Gonna avoid the question. Was the atom bomb a result of intelligent design? After all , you're the one using extinction as an analogy of not being intelligently designed. So since the bomb destroyed itself, umm it became extinct, it wasn't an example of intelligent design according to your premise as to what wouldn't be an intelligent outcome, extinction.
I hate to be the one to have to tell you but the atom bomb was never alive. You may need counseling now.
Most creationists think in terms of a few days until har har magedon and desperately hope for an eternity of utter boredom.
Non sequitur......you have no reason to believe eternity results in boredom. This is projection on your part. Places and things aren't boring, you are.
You have no reason to believe in eternity, but you do. Get a ladder, climb up it and get over yourself, you are proving yourself the complete fool.
I have no reason? Knowledge claim about me....prove it
I'm happy for you to show the eternity you claim knowledge of.
I know you have no reason to think eternity is boring, since you know, you're here therefore are not experiencing eternity. I have actual proof for what I said.
See above.
Plan on addressing why your boring life thinks eternity is boring? Wait, asked and answered.
Talk about projection..........LOL
The mind or as I like to call it "the capacity for rational and independent thought" has been eradicated from the religionists genome. If you don't use it you lose it.

Independent thought??? Really, please give me an example of a thought that you possess that was gained independent of other people. Yes it's an equivocation fallacy only if you aren't referencing other human ideas to contrast this "independent thought" to , which you claim to have. In this case you say it is in regards to religious ideology so you are in fact claiming you have thought that isn't derived from other humans and their ideas. Do you? Didn't think so.
You see I could tell you some of my independent thoughts but you simply wouldn't and couldn't understand them. So I won't waste my time.
Yes, you have many words and thoughts no one has ever said before, I believe you, honestly.
It's too bad you don't understand the words you try to use, But I'm having fun.
Yep, me no get me thoughts like you.
It's about time you showed me the undesigned universe with which you compare to.
You seem to have run away from this question, as do all the godbotherers who declare that this universe is designed without any reference point at which to begin.
fallacy of bifurcation, who said designed and undesigned are the only 2 possibilities.
Name another.
A universe where no intelligent life exists to conceptualize what constitutes design.
And since you claim this universe isn't designed,
Lol, you say show an example of a universe that wasn't designed. So you are saying you are capable of recognizing a universe that wasn't designed. Therefore you know what one is.
because you apparently lost the definition of design,
citation
you need to show an example of a designed universe.
Pathetic attempt at shifting the BOP.
No, you're claiming this universe isn't designed. BOP is on both sides.
Just because someone posits the universe is designed doesn't mean there has to be an example of an undesigned universe.
You're right it just makes it impossible for the claimant to prove.
No it doesn't. Humans have a definition of design. It can be applied to any or everything.
Its really simple. You know what a designed car is?(blueprints, technical drawings, etc) Now, do you know what a spilled cup of coffee looks like on paper? We have examples right here in front of your face of things that aren't considered designed, they are considered random. You're more than welcome to think complexity is random. This is where your god "time" did it. Come on, say it. Given billions of years anything can happen.....blah blah blah
Give me an example of something that is not designed.
By Jove you've got it. You're incapable of citing something that wasnt designed therefore you recognize everything was designed. Bout time you come around to reason. This was fun. Took you a while to admit you don't know of anything that is n
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 12:54:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 11:06:28 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
A universe where no intelligent life exists to conceptualize what constitutes design.
You don't recognise the irony in this do you?
Lol, you say show an example of a universe that wasn't designed. So you are saying you are capable of recognizing a universe that wasn't designed. Therefore you know what one is.
You make some rather outlandish extrapolations, you may be better just responding to what I write and not what's wobbling around in your head.
No, you're claiming this universe isn't designed. BOP is on both sides.
Once again citation.
No it doesn't. Humans have a definition of design. It can be applied to any or everything.
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless.
By Jove you've got it. You're incapable of citing something that wasnt designed therefore you recognize everything was designed. Bout time you come around to reason. This was fun. Took you a while to admit you don't know of anything that is n
Oh I can cite many things that are not designed, because I understand what the word means, I asked you to cite something not designed.
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless. That is the problem you godbotherers have and run from at the speed of light.
Cover your eyes and nobody can see you. LOL
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 1:06:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 12:54:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/21/2015 11:06:28 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
A universe where no intelligent life exists to conceptualize what constitutes design.
You don't recognise the irony in this do you?
Lol, you say show an example of a universe that wasn't designed. So you are saying you are capable of recognizing a universe that wasn't designed. Therefore you know what one is.
You make some rather outlandish extrapolations, you may be better just responding to what I write and not what's wobbling around in your head.
No, you're claiming this universe isn't designed. BOP is on both sides.
Once again citation.
No it doesn't. Humans have a definition of design. It can be applied to any or everything.
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless.
By Jove you've got it. You're incapable of citing something that wasnt designed therefore you recognize everything was designed. Bout time you come around to reason. This was fun. Took you a while to admit you don't know of anything that is n
Oh I can cite many things that are not designed, because I understand what the word means, I asked you to cite something not designed.
Why in the world would you ask me for an example of something that wasn't designed if you have plenty of examples? Are you afraid to make knowledge claims you can't prove?
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless. That is the problem you godbotherers have and run from at the speed of light.
Cover your eyes and nobody can see you. LOL
Ok so basically you're saying that if everything was designed then the word design is meaningless? Therefore the idea of there being an example of "non designed" becomes non existent. So if the universe was designed, and everything in it was designed, then asking for an example of something that wasn't designed would be illogical. Yet you seem to think that asking someone who thinks everything was designed needs to answer a question that by definition you don't recognize as being relevant to them. If you know this is how someone thinks, then why do you ask for examples of non design? I'm not sure what's more cowardly. A person who refuses to make knowledge claims or a person who refuses to relate to someone on their level.
You claim you know of things not designed, yet you need to know what an example of a universe not designed would be. You do know that you're claiming by inference you know what a non designed universe is. In order to know that you would have to make a knowledge claim, yet you constantly say you have no burden of proof.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 1:35:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 1:06:46 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/21/2015 12:54:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/21/2015 11:06:28 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
A universe where no intelligent life exists to conceptualize what constitutes design.
You don't recognise the irony in this do you?
Lol, you say show an example of a universe that wasn't designed. So you are saying you are capable of recognizing a universe that wasn't designed. Therefore you know what one is.
You make some rather outlandish extrapolations, you may be better just responding to what I write and not what's wobbling around in your head.
No, you're claiming this universe isn't designed. BOP is on both sides.
Once again citation.
No it doesn't. Humans have a definition of design. It can be applied to any or everything.
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless.
By Jove you've got it. You're incapable of citing something that wasnt designed therefore you recognize everything was designed. Bout time you come around to reason. This was fun. Took you a while to admit you don't know of anything that is n
Oh I can cite many things that are not designed, because I understand what the word means, I asked you to cite something not designed.
Why in the world would you ask me for an example of something that wasn't designed if you have plenty of examples? Are you afraid to make knowledge claims you can't prove?
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless. That is the problem you godbotherers have and run from at the speed of light.
Cover your eyes and nobody can see you. LOL
Ok so basically you're saying that if everything was designed then the word design is meaningless? Therefore the idea of there being an example of "non designed" becomes non existent. So if the universe was designed, and everything in it was designed, then asking for an example of something that wasn't designed would be illogical. Yet you seem to think that asking someone who thinks everything was designed needs to answer a question that by definition you don't recognize as being relevant to them. If you know this is how someone thinks, then why do you ask for examples of non design? I'm not sure what's more cowardly. A person who refuses to make knowledge claims or a person who refuses to relate to someone on their level.
You claim you know of things not designed, yet you need to know what an example of a universe not designed would be. You do know that you're claiming by inference you know what a non designed universe is. In order to know that you would have to make a knowledge claim, yet you constantly say you have no burden of proof.
That is some rambling incoherence you've got going there.
Tell me how you recognise design in a rock.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 1:57:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 1:35:59 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/21/2015 1:06:46 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/21/2015 12:54:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/21/2015 11:06:28 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
A universe where no intelligent life exists to conceptualize what constitutes design.
You don't recognise the irony in this do you?
Lol, you say show an example of a universe that wasn't designed. So you are saying you are capable of recognizing a universe that wasn't designed. Therefore you know what one is.
You make some rather outlandish extrapolations, you may be better just responding to what I write and not what's wobbling around in your head.
No, you're claiming this universe isn't designed. BOP is on both sides.
Once again citation.
No it doesn't. Humans have a definition of design. It can be applied to any or everything.
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless.
By Jove you've got it. You're incapable of citing something that wasnt designed therefore you recognize everything was designed. Bout time you come around to reason. This was fun. Took you a while to admit you don't know of anything that is n
Oh I can cite many things that are not designed, because I understand what the word means, I asked you to cite something not designed.
Why in the world would you ask me for an example of something that wasn't designed if you have plenty of examples? Are you afraid to make knowledge claims you can't prove?
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless. That is the problem you godbotherers have and run from at the speed of light.
Cover your eyes and nobody can see you. LOL
Ok so basically you're saying that if everything was designed then the word design is meaningless? Therefore the idea of there being an example of "non designed" becomes non existent. So if the universe was designed, and everything in it was designed, then asking for an example of something that wasn't designed would be illogical. Yet you seem to think that asking someone who thinks everything was designed needs to answer a question that by definition you don't recognize as being relevant to them. If you know this is how someone thinks, then why do you ask for examples of non design? I'm not sure what's more cowardly. A person who refuses to make knowledge claims or a person who refuses to relate to someone on their level.
You claim you know of things not designed, yet you need to know what an example of a universe not designed would be. You do know that you're claiming by inference you know what a non designed universe is. In order to know that you would have to make a knowledge claim, yet you constantly say you have no burden of proof.
That is some rambling incoherence you've got going there.
Tell me how you recognise design in a rock.
See that's the whole issue. You believe that your idea of design is sufficient to recognize non design. Therefore you equate no design based on a subjective idea of what constitutes design. Rocks are designed for and from numerous things. A rock itself is a result or byproduct of design but it itself doesn't necessarily have to adhere to what you or anyone else will acknowledge as design. Rocks are not independent examples of non design, they have origins. Unless of course you know of self forming rocks from nothing. My pet rock however evolved from magma, a very specific example of complex design, the magma not the rock.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 2:25:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 1:57:09 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/21/2015 1:35:59 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/21/2015 1:06:46 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/21/2015 12:54:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/21/2015 11:06:28 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
A universe where no intelligent life exists to conceptualize what constitutes design.
You don't recognise the irony in this do you?
Lol, you say show an example of a universe that wasn't designed. So you are saying you are capable of recognizing a universe that wasn't designed. Therefore you know what one is.
You make some rather outlandish extrapolations, you may be better just responding to what I write and not what's wobbling around in your head.
No, you're claiming this universe isn't designed. BOP is on both sides.
Once again citation.
No it doesn't. Humans have a definition of design. It can be applied to any or everything.
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless.
By Jove you've got it. You're incapable of citing something that wasnt designed therefore you recognize everything was designed. Bout time you come around to reason. This was fun. Took you a while to admit you don't know of anything that is n
Oh I can cite many things that are not designed, because I understand what the word means, I asked you to cite something not designed.
Why in the world would you ask me for an example of something that wasn't designed if you have plenty of examples? Are you afraid to make knowledge claims you can't prove?
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless. That is the problem you godbotherers have and run from at the speed of light.
Cover your eyes and nobody can see you. LOL
Ok so basically you're saying that if everything was designed then the word design is meaningless? Therefore the idea of there being an example of "non designed" becomes non existent. So if the universe was designed, and everything in it was designed, then asking for an example of something that wasn't designed would be illogical. Yet you seem to think that asking someone who thinks everything was designed needs to answer a question that by definition you don't recognize as being relevant to them. If you know this is how someone thinks, then why do you ask for examples of non design? I'm not sure what's more cowardly. A person who refuses to make knowledge claims or a person who refuses to relate to someone on their level.
You claim you know of things not designed, yet you need to know what an example of a universe not designed would be. You do know that you're claiming by inference you know what a non designed universe is. In order to know that you would have to make a knowledge claim, yet you constantly say you have no burden of proof.
That is some rambling incoherence you've got going there.
Tell me how you recognise design in a rock.
See that's the whole issue. You believe that your idea of design is sufficient to recognize non design. Therefore you equate no design based on a subjective idea of what constitutes design. Rocks are designed for and from numerous things. A rock itself is a result or byproduct of design but it itself doesn't necessarily have to adhere to what you or anyone else will acknowledge as design. Rocks are not independent examples of non design, they have origins. Unless of course you know of self forming rocks from nothing. My pet rock however evolved from magma, a very specific example of complex design, the magma not the rock.
Tell me how you recognise design in a rock.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 3:43:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 2:25:49 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/21/2015 1:57:09 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/21/2015 1:35:59 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/21/2015 1:06:46 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 11/21/2015 12:54:30 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/21/2015 11:06:28 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
A universe where no intelligent life exists to conceptualize what constitutes design.
You don't recognise the irony in this do you?
Lol, you say show an example of a universe that wasn't designed. So you are saying you are capable of recognizing a universe that wasn't designed. Therefore you know what one is.
You make some rather outlandish extrapolations, you may be better just responding to what I write and not what's wobbling around in your head.
No, you're claiming this universe isn't designed. BOP is on both sides.
Once again citation.
No it doesn't. Humans have a definition of design. It can be applied to any or everything.
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless.
By Jove you've got it. You're incapable of citing something that wasnt designed therefore you recognize everything was designed. Bout time you come around to reason. This was fun. Took you a while to admit you don't know of anything that is n
Oh I can cite many things that are not designed, because I understand what the word means, I asked you to cite something not designed.
Why in the world would you ask me for an example of something that wasn't designed if you have plenty of examples? Are you afraid to make knowledge claims you can't prove?
If everything is designed then the word design is meaningless. That is the problem you godbotherers have and run from at the speed of light.
Cover your eyes and nobody can see you. LOL
Ok so basically you're saying that if everything was designed then the word design is meaningless? Therefore the idea of there being an example of "non designed" becomes non existent. So if the universe was designed, and everything in it was designed, then asking for an example of something that wasn't designed would be illogical. Yet you seem to think that asking someone who thinks everything was designed needs to answer a question that by definition you don't recognize as being relevant to them. If you know this is how someone thinks, then why do you ask for examples of non design? I'm not sure what's more cowardly. A person who refuses to make knowledge claims or a person who refuses to relate to someone on their level.
You claim you know of things not designed, yet you need to know what an example of a universe not designed would be. You do know that you're claiming by inference you know what a non designed universe is. In order to know that you would have to make a knowledge claim, yet you constantly say you have no burden of proof.
That is some rambling incoherence you've got going there.
Tell me how you recognise design in a rock.
See that's the whole issue. You believe that your idea of design is sufficient to recognize non design. Therefore you equate no design based on a subjective idea of what constitutes design. Rocks are designed for and from numerous things. A rock itself is a result or byproduct of design but it itself doesn't necessarily have to adhere to what you or anyone else will acknowledge as design. Rocks are not independent examples of non design, they have origins. Unless of course you know of self forming rocks from nothing. My pet rock however evolved from magma, a very specific example of complex design, the magma not the rock.
Tell me how you recognise design in a rock.
If a rock doesn't have design, then design must exist. You said it yourself. In order for there to be a claim of a universe being designed then there would be an example of a universe that wasn't designed.
In order to see no design you must have something designed to contrast it to. So design exists in nature. Unless you're claiming there are no examples of design in nature. If you are claiming no design in anything in nature, then I think we have reached an impasse. Though if there is no design in nature then non design is meaningless, therefore you don't see non design, in anything.
If everything in nature has design ,design becomes meaningless, as you said. Therefore the opposite must also apply.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 4:21:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 8:54:12 AM, Iredia wrote:
6 reasons why atheists are

- They blame God for evil yet say lying, stealing and consensual sex is okay. 3 great sources of evil.

- They believe in logic and reason and disbelieve in an immaterial mind the twobaee based upon.

- They don't want a God who ckmands the affairs of men but form coalative groups impose their values on others.

- They believe in a universal creative process that selects for life without a Creator.

- They probably believe in time travel and aliens which allows for an afterlife but disbelieve in THE SUPERNATURAL REALM that made this realm. By the way what about that dark energy and exitic matter, suspicious ain't it ?

- Worst of all is their pretense not to be a belief, philosophy or religion. How can a so-called unbelief spread if it isnt_at least_based on a belief in the first instance.

Perfection has not yet arrived. I've ven made mistakes in some of what I wrote here.Mistake equates to sin. This world was destroyed by water when men misused magic, it will be REBORN of fire before technology will coexist peacably with it. Funny enough, thats jus the beginning !

Your post begs the question, what has compelled you to lie about atheists? And, why would you say lying is one of the greatest evils, yet you so easily support and use it?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 4:25:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM, Iredia wrote:
The personification of good is Jesus Christ who died and rose again

The personification of evil is Soren Kierkegaard who died and will reincarnate.

The personification of destruction is Muhammad who died and tbh I have no idea what he has in mind.

Some thoughts on evolution:

Sorry, but those don't appear to be "thoughts" as no actual thinking appears to have taken place or is contained within. Would it be asking too much for you to actually learn something about evolution?

1) No evolution of any sort can't occur without intelligence. At the very least a human, like you, named Charles Darwin stubbornly opened that Pandora's box. And it takes intelligent people to accept such crap.

2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

3) If you believe your mind equates bunch of firing neurons you are being silly. Firing neurons are just that just like falling rocks just are, consciousness is a mysterious extra that is unaccounted for. It is possible for science to effect an unconscious, walking and talking corpse, and it MUST involve a precise application of electricity just like Volta's experiment whih twitched a frog's leg.

4) Evolutionists have a poor sense of time and an ultimately hopeless future. They think in terms of billions of years, creationists think in terms of eternity.

5) Think about random mutations for a moment. The genetic processes that keep you living ARE NOT random and there is a preciseness to how they work. Random mutations from toxic chemicals and radiation mess it up and it would be fatal if not for genetic correction mechanisms.

6) Natural selection exists but is unduly overrated while the role of genetic drift (death of organisms due to factors they have no adaptation for) and extinction is ignored.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 5:22:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 8:54:12 AM, Iredia wrote:
6 reasons why atheists are

- They blame God for evil yet say lying, stealing and consensual sex is okay. 3 great sources of evil.

- They believe in logic and reason and disbelieve in an immaterial mind the twobaee based upon.

- They don't want a God who ckmands the affairs of men but form coalative groups impose their values on others.

- They believe in a universal creative process that selects for life without a Creator.

- They probably believe in time travel and aliens which allows for an afterlife but disbelieve in THE SUPERNATURAL REALM that made this realm. By the way what about that dark energy and exitic matter, suspicious ain't it ?

- Worst of all is their pretense not to be a belief, philosophy or religion. How can a so-called unbelief spread if it isnt_at least_based on a belief in the first instance.

Perfection has not yet arrived. I've ven made mistakes in some of what I wrote here.Mistake equates to sin. This world was destroyed by water when men misused magic, it will be REBORN of fire before technology will coexist peacably with it. Funny enough, thats jus the beginning !

I am always entertained by theists who demonstrate their incapability of looking at the world from anything but the viewpoint of a theist, and try to use this demonstration as an educational lesson for understanding atheism.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 8:09:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/20/2015 3:10:09 AM, Iredia wrote:
2) God could make a universe where evolution as described by Darwin occured just like engineers designed it in the Avida program. However, nature as is now shows no evidence of such an ability.

So looking at what nature is doing is not evidence of what nature can do?
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 6:45:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/21/2015 5:22:23 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/21/2015 8:54:12 AM, Iredia wrote:
6 reasons why atheists are

- They blame God for evil yet say lying, stealing and consensual sex is okay. 3 great sources of evil.

- They believe in logic and reason and disbelieve in an immaterial mind the twobaee based upon.

- They don't want a God who ckmands the affairs of men but form coalative groups impose their values on others.

- They believe in a universal creative process that selects for life without a Creator.

- They probably believe in time travel and aliens which allows for an afterlife but disbelieve in THE SUPERNATURAL REALM that made this realm. By the way what about that dark energy and exitic matter, suspicious ain't it ?

- Worst of all is their pretense not to be a belief, philosophy or religion. How can a so-called unbelief spread if it isnt_at least_based on a belief in the first instance.

Perfection has not yet arrived. I've ven made mistakes in some of what I wrote here.Mistake equates to sin. This world was destroyed by water when men misused magic, it will be REBORN of fire before technology will coexist peacably with it. Funny enough, thats jus the beginning !

I am always entertained by theists who demonstrate their incapability of looking at the world from anything but the viewpoint of a theist, and try to use this demonstration as an educational lesson for understanding atheism.

Atheism is a state of mind as dattaswami said on this site. How am I not sure you guys simply hate submitting to authority ? God is like a conductor, if u must play, play at the right time and play well, or else . . .
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 3:02:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/22/2015 6:45:53 AM, Iredia wrote:
At 11/21/2015 5:22:23 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/21/2015 8:54:12 AM, Iredia wrote:
6 reasons why atheists are

- They blame God for evil yet say lying, stealing and consensual sex is okay. 3 great sources of evil.

- They believe in logic and reason and disbelieve in an immaterial mind the twobaee based upon.

- They don't want a God who ckmands the affairs of men but form coalative groups impose their values on others.

- They believe in a universal creative process that selects for life without a Creator.

- They probably believe in time travel and aliens which allows for an afterlife but disbelieve in THE SUPERNATURAL REALM that made this realm. By the way what about that dark energy and exitic matter, suspicious ain't it ?

- Worst of all is their pretense not to be a belief, philosophy or religion. How can a so-called unbelief spread if it isnt_at least_based on a belief in the first instance.

Perfection has not yet arrived. I've ven made mistakes in some of what I wrote here.Mistake equates to sin. This world was destroyed by water when men misused magic, it will be REBORN of fire before technology will coexist peacably with it. Funny enough, thats jus the beginning !

I am always entertained by theists who demonstrate their incapability of looking at the world from anything but the viewpoint of a theist, and try to use this demonstration as an educational lesson for understanding atheism.

Atheism is a state of mind as dattaswami said on this site. How am I not sure you guys simply hate submitting to authority ?

But, you have no authority in which to submit.

God is like a conductor, if u must play, play at the right time and play well, or else . . .

Conductor's are real, huge difference between them and your God.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth