Jump to topic:

Turkish fans boo moment of silence for Paris

GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:15:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Turkish fans, at a socceratch with Greece boo incessively the "moment of silence" for Paris. Then they made Islamic chants.

http://www.theblaze.com...
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:26:52 AM
This would be why we don't want them in our country. If that makes me a "bigot", good. Bigotry is intollerance of anothers beliefs and yes I should and am intollerant of groups that wish to act like animals instead of human beings. If you are an Atheist who screams bigot at everything, remember you are intollerant of the beliefs of others simply by being on a religious forum and calling the "godbotherers" stupid. I approve this messag

http://youtu.be...
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:33:27 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:15:20 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Turkish fans, at a socceratch with Greece boo incessively the "moment of silence" for Paris. Then they made Islamic chants.

More proof that Islam and the West which is vast majority Christian or Christian heritage are not compatible. Until Islam comes into the 21st century, we should vastly slow down Muslim immigration to a crawl.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:34:43 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:33:27 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

More proof that Islam and the West which is vast majority Christian or Christian heritage are not compatible. Until Islam comes into the 21st century, we should vastly slow down Muslim immigration to a crawl.

I agree.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:42:51 AM

Yeah, that's just a class act right there...

I'm starting to think that while Muslims don't like the fact that ISIS persecutes fellow Muslims, there is at least a bit of silent admiration for ISIS when it pursues common goals and common enemies. If ISIS avoided killing Muslims, would their reception be different?

For a bit more multidimensional look at this story-- it is The Blaze, after all-- I offer this article:

http://screamer.deadspin.com...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 5:04:23 AM
At 11/20/2015 3:42:51 AM, Fly wrote:

- Turkish fans being patriotically rude & inconsiderate, it happens. The West is constantly rude & inconsiderate to them.

I'm starting to think that while Muslims don't like the fact that ISIS persecutes fellow Muslims, there is at least a bit of silent admiration for ISIS when it pursues common goals and common enemies.

- By your governments, certainly.

If ISIS avoided killing Muslims, would their reception be different?

- How about you go back down to your moral abyss you are crawling out from. This is me attempting to be mean, as you are, I am not sure if I succeeded.

For a bit more multidimensional look at this story-- it is The Blaze, after all-- I offer this article:

- Well, read the article yourself. The Turks did what they always do when terrorists attacks happen. Lost in translation.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 5:29:33 AM
At 11/20/2015 5:04:23 AM, Yassine wrote:

- Turkish fans being patriotically rude & inconsiderate, it happens. The West is constantly rude & inconsiderate to them.

Yet more from your voluminous "Tu Quoque" files...

I'm starting to think that while Muslims don't like the fact that ISIS persecutes fellow Muslims, there is at least a bit of silent admiration for ISIS when it pursues common goals and common enemies.

And there is your Pee Wee Herman impression.

"My governments"? My, what a convenient association for you to exploit as a personal pejorative.

Out of curiosity, just what would be YOUR government? I don't mean in your fantasy wish list, but here in the world of today. You sound very much like a man without a country. As you probably know, identifying with a real country would hold you to as much accountability as you hold all Westerners.

Although your national allegiance is not clear, you TOTALLY sound like you could be a member of Hizb ut-Tahrir-- it is quite consistent with your posting content.

- How about you go back down to your moral abyss you are crawling out from. This is me attempting to be mean, as you are, I am not sure if I succeeded.

- Well, read the article yourself. The Turks did what they always do when terrorists attacks happen. Lost in translation.

I think someone needs a hug!
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 5:42:30 AM
At 11/20/2015 5:29:33 AM, Fly wrote:

Yet more from your voluminous "Tu Quoque" files...

- You missed the point.

And there is your Pee Wee Herman impression.

- I don't know who or what that is.

"My governments"? My, what a convenient association for you to exploit as a personal pejorative.

- Good, you got the point.

Out of curiosity, just what would be YOUR government? I don't mean in your fantasy wish list, but here in the world of today. You sound very much like a man without a country. As you probably know, identifying with a real country would hold you to as much accountability as you hold all Westerners.

- Not that any of this is any of your business, yet, Legally, my allegiance is currently to the French Constitution. Politically, I have no allegiance to any party or government, nor do I care to. I am a disciple of Knowledge, I approach the World though Education, not through Politics.

Although your national allegiance is not clear, you TOTALLY sound like you could be a member of Hizb ut-Tahrir-- it is quite consistent with your posting content.

- You couldn't be more wrong, as I have barely any views in common with it. I abhor Politics even if I understand its rough real harsh nature. Politics are the quintessence of humanity's most real & extreme emotions.

I think someone needs a hug!

- Here you go, (>^_^)> , feel better?
Current Debates:

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 7:20:51 AM

More proof that Islam and the West which is vast majority Christian or Christian heritage are not compatible.

- Islam & Christianity coexisted in the ME for 14 centuries just fine.

Until Islam comes into the 21st century, we should vastly slow down Muslim immigration to a crawl.

- What is the 21st century?! Invasions & bombing of people around the Muslim world?! Are you suggesting Muslims should invade & bomb the West is that it?!
Current Debates:

GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 6:55:58 PM
At 11/20/2015 5:04:23 AM, Yassine wrote:

I've never been to an event where Westerners booed a moment of silence for anything. Plus it is socially unacceptable to do so. Very taboo and for obvious reasons. I see that Islam simply doesn't give a flying crap as long as they can kill, support killing, or cause chaos.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 12:17:17 AM
At 11/20/2015 7:20:51 AM, Yassine wrote:

More proof that Islam and the West which is vast majority Christian or Christian heritage are not compatible.

Until Islam comes into the 21st century, we should vastly slow down Muslim immigration to a crawl.

- What is the 21st century?! Invasions & bombing of people around the Muslim world?! Are you suggesting Muslims should invade & bomb the West is that it?!

All of the social advancement in human rights and equality for women (feminists go too far sometimes) have come from the western countries. Islam has been left behind. I know, you're going to tell me of Islam's golden age. If it is true then Islam has severely regressed.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 12:18:12 AM
At 11/20/2015 7:20:51 AM, Yassine wrote:

All of the social advancement in human rights and equality for women (feminists go too far sometimes) have come from the western countries. Islam has been left behind. I know, you're going to tell me of Islam's golden age. If it is true then Islam has severely regressed. It can learn a lot from the western countries in this area of human development.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 12:29:39 AM

More proof that allowing a Muslim country to joint NATO was a big mistake. Turkey is bombing the Kurds who are fighting the ISIS and resisting their attacks on their homeland.
The world should walk away from the Middle East. Muslims are dragging the whole world into their religious wars which they are unwilling to fight alone.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 12:44:22 AM
At 11/21/2015 12:29:39 AM, Harikrish wrote:

More proof that allowing a Muslim country to joint NATO was a big mistake. Turkey is bombing the Kurds who are fighting the ISIS and resisting their attacks on their homeland.
The world should walk away from the Middle East. Muslims are dragging the whole world into their religious wars which they are unwilling to fight alone.

The U.S. is energy self sufficient and they have Canadian oil and gas so there's no reason for them to meddle and cause so much pain in the middle east anymore. The Muslims will kill each other and cause their own pain. That is for sure
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 12:45:29 AM
At 11/21/2015 12:29:39 AM, Harikrish wrote:

Their religious war is against the entire world
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:26:39 AM
At 11/21/2015 12:18:12 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

All of the social advancement in human rights and equality for women (feminists go too far sometimes) have come from the western countries. Islam has been left behind.

- There is a distinction to be made here between, on one hand the Islamic Tradition, which encompasses the Thought & Knowledge Muslims founded & contributed to ; & on the other hand, the Islamic Society which designate the multicultural multidimensional, in time & place, human experience of individuals joined by a shared faith: Islam.

- The Islamic Tradition, which comprises a Law, a History, a Philosophy, a Theology, a Politics... is a substantive actual Knowledge, with all sorts of ideas & teachings. The Islamic Society is a society which may or may not have something to do with the Islamic Tradition.

- As far as the Islamic Tradition is concerned, Human Rights & Women Rights (& other's) are granted on solid basis: merciful, just, wise & beneficial basis. Western views on Human Rights are by no means meant to be universal, for they effectively aren't. As for the Islamic Society, well, there are countless other factors that plays into its success or otherwise its failure, granted these two are relative concepts.

- Western countries have always been critical of Islam's position on Life, including on Women. In the 18th/19th century, westerners couldn't shut up about how Islam treats women badly... blahblah, while their women didn't have the right to own property, inherit, hold high offices, get high education, divorce, whereas Muslim contemporary women had all these rights. Nothing has changed now. These countries will keep on criticising Islam & its ideals, just so they can feel superior & right!

I know, you're going to tell me of Islam's golden age. If it is true then Islam has severely regressed.

- What you're referring to here is actually Islamic Civilisation, not Islam, which is factual.

It can learn a lot from the western countries in this area of human development.

- Human Knowledge ought to grow indeed, not shrink. Learning beneficial things from the Western Tradition & discarding futile things, is progressing into that direction, the growth of Human Knowledge.
Current Debates:

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:31:22 AM
At 11/20/2015 6:55:58 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

I've never been to an event where Westerners booed a moment of silence for anything.

- Different places, different customs. You don't expect everybody else to do everything the way you do it, do you?! Huh!

Plus it is socially unacceptable to do so. Very taboo and for obvious reasons.

- Obvious to you, not necessarily to everybody else. Unacceptable to you, not necessarily to everybody else. You do realise some practices that are acceptable to you may not be acceptable to them either!

I see that Islam simply doesn't give a flying crap as long as they can kill, support killing, or cause chaos.

- Then you're blind.
Current Debates:

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 2:53:39 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:26:39 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 11/21/2015 12:18:12 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

All of the social advancement in human rights and equality for women (feminists go too far sometimes) have come from the western countries. Islam has been left behind.

- There is a distinction to be made here between, on one hand the Islamic Tradition, which encompasses the Thought & Knowledge Muslims founded & contributed to ; & on the other hand, the Islamic Society which designate the multicultural multidimensional, in time & place, human experience of individuals joined by a shared faith: Islam.

- The Islamic Tradition, which comprises a Law, a History, a Philosophy, a Theology, a Politics... is a substantive actual Knowledge, with all sorts of ideas & teachings. The Islamic Society is a society which may or may not have something to do with the Islamic Tradition.

- As far as the Islamic Tradition is concerned, Human Rights & Women Rights (& other's) are granted on solid basis: merciful, just, wise & beneficial basis. Western views on Human Rights are by no means meant to be universal, for they effectively aren't. As for the Islamic Society, well, there are countless other factors that plays into its success or otherwise its failure, granted these two are relative concepts.

- Western countries have always been critical of Islam's position on Life, including on Women. In the 18th/19th century, westerners couldn't shut up about how Islam treats women badly... blahblah, while their women didn't have the right to own property, inherit, hold high offices, get high education, divorce, whereas Muslim contemporary women had all these rights. Nothing has changed now. These countries will keep on criticising Islam & its ideals, just so they can feel superior & right!

I know, you're going to tell me of Islam's golden age. If it is true then Islam has severely regressed.

- What you're referring to here is actually Islamic Civilisation, not Islam, which is factual.

It can learn a lot from the western countries in this area of human development.

- Human Knowledge ought to grow indeed, not shrink. Learning beneficial things from the Western Tradition & discarding futile things, is progressing into that direction, the growth of Human Knowledge.

The Islamists (ISIS) are destroying all the ancient monuments and artifacts they find in the places they occupy because those periods symbolizes idolatry and the dark ages. In short they are not proud of the past and don't see it as achievements.

You don't read Arabic and the Quran was written in Arabic. So you are driven by blind idolatry and defend a religion without having read the prophets teachings.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 3:25:36 PM
Garbage. Muslims need to stand up and start condemning this behavior. If you don't condemn it you support it.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 3:59:39 PM
At 11/21/2015 9:31:22 AM, Yassine wrote:

I've never been to an event where Westerners booed a moment of silence for anything.

- Different places, different customs. You don't expect everybody else to do everything the way you do it, do you?! Huh!

Are you friggin serious? Is that supposed to be some sort of warped sense of humor? Are you actually saying that simple, human decency is relevant to only certain customs and places?

Your arguments in favor of this behavior are getting really pathetic, Yassine.

- Obvious to you, not necessarily to everybody else. Unacceptable to you, not necessarily to everybody else. You do realise some practices that are acceptable to you may not be acceptable to them either!

More sick reasoning? Are you saying these atrocities are acceptable to you?

I see that Islam simply doesn't give a flying crap as long as they can kill, support killing, or cause chaos.

- Then you're blind.

He's blind? No, sir, you are fvcking blind as a bat.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 7:26:36 PM
At 11/21/2015 3:59:39 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Are you friggin serious? Is that supposed to be some sort of warped sense of humor? Are you actually saying that simple, human decency is relevant to only certain customs and places?

- What you consider decent may be considered indecent by others, as what seems ordinary to others, might seem odd to you. That's what having a culture means. Deal with it.

More sick reasoning?

- Sound* reasoning.

Are you saying these atrocities are acceptable to you?

- They may be unacceptable to you, while being acceptable to them. It's not a bad idea to consider the customs of others in their home, which the Turks should've done. & it's not a bad idea either to consider the customs of the Turks who abide by them, & not make such a ridiculous fuss about it.

He's blind? No, sir, you are fvcking blind as a bat.

- Bats are not blind.
Current Debates:

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 8:12:03 PM
At 11/21/2015 2:53:39 PM, Harikrish wrote:

The Islamists (ISIS) are destroying all the ancient monuments and artifacts they find in the places they occupy because those periods symbolizes idolatry and the dark ages. In short they are not proud of the past and don't see it as achievements.

- That's one of the most horrible aspects of the destruction they brought into this World. It's really sad.

You don't read Arabic and the Quran was written in Arabic. So you are driven by blind idolatry and defend a religion without having read the prophets teachings.

- How about Swahili, does that count?
Current Debates:

Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 8:15:28 PM

A few weeks ago, there was that attack in Ankara. Was there a minute's silence at soccer matches for the Turkish victims? Was there? I really don't know if there was or not, but it seems likely that there wasn't, because all kinds of people here are insisting on respect for French victims, whereas victims from other, not quite so European, terrorist attacks are routinely ignored.

So I can imagine that if that's the case, it would seem insulting to the Turkish victims who were, after all, equally human and innocent. But I don't know why the minute's silence was disrupted. There could be all kinds of reasons. The point is, you can't assume you know what it's about.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 9:38:32 PM
At 11/21/2015 8:12:03 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 11/21/2015 2:53:39 PM, Harikrish wrote:

- That's one of the most horrible aspects of the destruction they brought into this World. It's really sad.

- How about Swahili, does that count?
That is so far removed from Arabic that you are allowed only to rape your own black race.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 4:42:51 AM

Common decency is universal. These pukes made a political statement on the graves of the victims.

In this case, you're whistling up your *ss
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 5:24:04 AM
At 11/22/2015 4:42:51 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

Common decency is universal. These pukes made a political statement on the graves of the victims.

Do you think it's fair that there was a minute's silence for the French victims of terrorism but not for the Turkish victims last month?

http://www.independent.co.uk...
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 5:29:03 AM
At 11/22/2015 5:24:04 AM, Garbanza wrote:

Do you think it's fair that there was a minute's silence for the French victims of terrorism but not for the Turkish victims last month?

What Turkish victims? Don't tell me I just proved your point. By the way. When will Turkey apologize to the Armenians for killing more than 1 million in an act of genocide.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 5:34:29 AM
At 11/22/2015 5:29:03 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

What Turkish victims? Don't tell me I just proved your point.

Last month there were attacks in Ankara at the central railway station and over 100 people were killed.

By the way. When will Turkey apologize to the Armenians for killing more than 1 million in an act of genocide.

Are you talking about the events 100 years ago? Because I'm not sure what that has to do with the current thread unless your point is that Turkish people are evil? Seeing as it's obviously not the same people, it seems a bit of a stretch but maybe you could explain the connection a bit more.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 5:49:53 AM
At 11/22/2015 5:34:29 AM, Garbanza wrote:
At 11/22/2015 5:29:03 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

What Turkish victims? Don't tell me I just proved your point.

Last month there were attacks in Ankara at the central railway station and over 100 people were killed.

By the way. When will Turkey apologize to the Armenians for killing more than 1 million in an act of genocide.

Are you talking about the events 100 years ago? Because I'm not sure what that has to do with the current thread unless your point is that Turkish people are evil? Seeing as it's obviously not the same people, it seems a bit of a stretch but maybe you could explain the connection a bit more.

No connection. Turks are ok, except Islamists. Too bad about the 100. I honestly hadn't heard about it. It would definitely have been reported in the western media.