Jump to topic:

Life is to be lived

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:21:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have to admit that this is inspired by what I have just been reading. The story of a woman who had many years of abuse by her stepfather, after her mother walked out and left her behind.

A phrase she used made me think of abortion from yet another angle, and I guess I am hoping it will make others think also.

The phrase comes in when she is discussing running away from her stepfather to protect the child. She says that in school they were taught about teenage pregnancies, abortion and all the other sex education topics.

She admits she thought about it, but she said, and here is the phrase, "Its just that I don't think I could prevent a life from being lived".

The point of abortion is that this is precisely what it does.

It prevents a new life, which starts at conception, since both egg and sperm contain life, from developing to the stage where it can experience and, hopefully enjoy, life.

That is what torments the lives of many who have had abortions and lived to regret it, since the thought of the life they terminated haunts them, even invading their dreams at times.

Of course some are callous, selfish, enough not to care about that, but most who have abortions are scarred for life by what they have done, some to the point of physically being unable to bear children ever in future.

I just wish more people would think about what they are doing from something other than the self-centred aspect that usually drives them to abortion.

Remember that phrase, I know I shall:

"Its just that I don't think I could prevent a life from being lived".

I know I couldn't. Could you? Are you really that selfish?
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 3:46:41 PM
At 11/20/2015 3:21:48 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I have to admit that this is inspired by what I have just been reading. The story of a woman who had many years of abuse by her stepfather, after her mother walked out and left her behind.

A phrase she used made me think of abortion from yet another angle, and I guess I am hoping it will make others think also.

The phrase comes in when she is discussing running away from her stepfather to protect the child. She says that in school they were taught about teenage pregnancies, abortion and all the other sex education topics.

She admits she thought about it, but she said, and here is the phrase, "Its just that I don't think I could prevent a life from being lived".

It prevents a new life, which starts at conception, since both egg and sperm contain life, from developing to the stage where it can experience and, hopefully enjoy, life.

That is what torments the lives of many who have had abortions and lived to regret it, since the thought of the life they terminated haunts them, even invading their dreams at times.

Of course some are callous, selfish, enough not to care about that, but most who have abortions are scarred for life by what they have done, some to the point of physically being unable to bear children ever in future.

I just wish more people would think about what they are doing from something other than the self-centred aspect that usually drives them to abortion.

Far better to abort a pregnancy in the early stages of gestation rather than bring an unwanted, and possibly unloved child, into this world. As a Brit you will no doubt remember the awful case of Baby Peter, whose life was a living hell for the short time he lived. Far better he had been aborted than tortured, and then killed, by his evil parents!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 3:02:27 PM
At 11/20/2015 3:46:41 PM, JJ50 wrote:

Far better to abort a pregnancy in the early stages of gestation rather than bring an unwanted, and possibly unloved child, into this world. As a Brit you will no doubt remember the awful case of Baby Peter, whose life was a living hell for the short time he lived. Far better he had been aborted than tortured, and then killed, by his evil parents!

And yet there are many who would happily give an unwanted child all the love they could ever need, and would happily adopt them.

Is that not a far better, less selfish alternative?

O quite agree, but that was not his fault, it was down to parents who were too selfish ad cruel to care for him, or to let others do so.

But why sentence the future child to death because of the parents? Is that Justice? Far from it, no unborn child, however undeveloped has even done anything to deserve a death sentence, an that is what abortion is.

You are suggesting it is better to punish the child for having the temerity to get conceived, which says an awful lot about you, and none of it good.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 4:44:44 PM
At 11/21/2015 3:02:27 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

And yet there are many who would happily give an unwanted child all the love they could ever need, and would happily adopt them.

O quite agree, but that was not his fault, it was down to parents who were too selfish ad cruel to care for him, or to let others do so.

But why sentence the future child to death because of the parents? Is that Justice? Far from it, no unborn child, however undeveloped has even done anything to deserve a death sentence, an that is what abortion is.

You are suggesting it is better to punish the child for having the temerity to get conceived, which says an awful lot about you, and none of it good.

You are a man, you don't get pregnant. It is hard enough bearing a child you long to have, let alone one you don't want! Many children who are adopted have issues, if they feel their birth parents didn't want them for whatever reason. However good the adopted family is, they can still be traumatised especially if they aren't adopted as babies. We have two adopted sons in addition to our own birth children. The older one was nine when he came to us, in 1982, with eleven failed placements behind him!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 4:46:44 PM

LOL. This contradiction coming from a loon who claims Armageddon is right around the corner.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 11:47:15 PM
At 11/21/2015 3:02:27 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The results are in on this I think, if you live in a world where woman are forced to continue a pregnancy from the moment of conception (eg no abortions except mothers life in danger) think about the result of living in that world.

Quite simply more people, more pain, more misery.

So before we go down that path I would like to know why women can't at least have the option of abortion in the early stages of pregnancy ?

Does 3 day human embryos have so much rights, so much value, that women should be forced continue with a pregnancy ? I don't think so.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12