Jump to topic:

Liberal's Religious Hypocrisy

GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 5:41:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I"ve noticed there"s a hypocrisy when it comes to many liberals and how they view religion. "Because if I call out hypocrisies I see on the far right, it"s usually no big deal.
However, if I dare to call out Muslims on something " that"s when all hell breaks loose.
It"s a point Bill Maher actually made a few weeks ago. "He said when it comes to religion, liberals often have no tolerance for Christianity, but when it comes to Islam, they go on the defense.

I am interested in explanations as to what this phenomenon is.

www.forwardprogressives.com/liberal-hypocrisy-comes-islam
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2015 7:16:29 PM
We can have compassion and common sense at the same time. Saudi Arabia has3 million empty Hajj tents sitting vacant with air conditioning, and they are NOT letting Syrian refugees in. Where is their "compassion"? They are using common sense and protecting themselves. Would you let a potential threat into your house with your family in the hope that they are safe? Probably not. This is simply"Common Sense 101".
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 3:45:35 AM
At 11/20/2015 7:16:29 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
We can have compassion and common sense at the same time. Saudi Arabia has3 million empty Hajj tents sitting vacant with air conditioning, and they are NOT letting Syrian refugees in. Where is their "compassion"? They are using common sense and protecting themselves. Would you let a potential threat into your house with your family in the hope that they are safe? Probably not. This is simply"Common Sense 101".
The latest figures I've seen claim 1.2million refugees in SA.
Stop watching Faux News.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 1:40:09 PM
At 11/20/2015 7:16:29 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Protecting themselves from what exactly? The odds of being killed by a terrorist is 1 in 20,000,000. You're about four times more likely to be hit by lightning, about ten times more likely to die in your bathtub, and 100 times more likely to die in a car accident. So, unless you live in a padded room somewhere, turning away people in need because "you're protecting yourself" is not a valid reason, it is an excuse. An excuse that buys the fear terrorism peddles, and gives it respect and power it does not deserve.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 2:04:18 PM
At 11/20/2015 5:41:14 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
I"ve noticed there"s a hypocrisy when it comes to many liberals and how they view religion. "Because if I call out hypocrisies I see on the far right, it"s usually no big deal.
However, if I dare to call out Muslims on something " that"s when all hell breaks loose.
It"s a point Bill Maher actually made a few weeks ago. "He said when it comes to religion, liberals often have no tolerance for Christianity, but when it comes to Islam, they go on the defense.

Can anyone cite liberals who have criticised criticism of Muslims?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2015 2:48:41 PM
I don't specifically know what you are referring to and am not about to watch videos to find out, but it seems you are talking about two completely different things.

"Opposing Christianity" as you are calling it has to do with it's impacts on society, such as legislatures in Congress fighting for creation to get equal time in schools with evolution. That's nonsense and should be opposed.

Defending Islam is a response to imbeciles who feel it's justified take the actions of a relatively minuscule group of people who practice a very radicalized version if Islam and essentially hold all people of Islam responsible for it. That again is nonsense and if anyone did the same towards Christianity then every single one of them would instantly see what is wrong with it.

If you have a problem with either of these positions then go ahead and make your case, but do not pretend that there is some hypocrisy here coming from some bias towards Islam. That's just ridiculous.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 1:11:38 AM
At 11/21/2015 2:48:41 PM, Double_R wrote:
I don't specifically know what you are referring to and am not about to watch videos to find out, but it seems you are talking about two completely different things.

"Opposing Christianity" as you are calling it has to do with it's impacts on society, such as legislatures in Congress fighting for creation to get equal time in schools with evolution. That's nonsense and should be opposed.

Defending Islam is a response to imbeciles who feel it's justified take the actions of a relatively minuscule group of people who practice a very radicalized version if Islam and essentially hold all people of Islam responsible for it. That again is nonsense and if anyone did the same towards Christianity then every single one of them would instantly see what is wrong with it.

If you have a problem with either of these positions then go ahead and make your case, but do not pretend that there is some hypocrisy here coming from some bias towards Islam. That's just ridiculous.

Would you rather have Christianity or Shiara Law intermingled into your government? Seperation of church and state sounds nice in theory, but it is not reality. Religion has never not influenced the laws of the U.s. Syria is in the heartbeat of Islamic extremism. These are not Muslims like the Muslims in the U.S, Indonesia or Tunesia. These Muslims are froma way different culture that is heavily antiAmerican. Suddenly, Liberals have "compassion" and tolerance for a religious group that is far more radical and religious than Christianity in America, but yet Liberals, in general have no tolerance for Christianity.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 1:36:19 AM
At 11/22/2015 1:11:38 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Would you rather have Christianity or Shiara Law intermingled into your government? Seperation of church and state sounds nice in theory, but it is not reality. Religion has never not influenced the laws of the U.s. Syria is in the heartbeat of Islamic extremism. These are not Muslims like the Muslims in the U.S, Indonesia or Tunesia. These Muslims are froma way different culture that is heavily antiAmerican. Suddenly, Liberals have "compassion" and tolerance for a religious group that is far more radical and religious than Christianity in America, but yet Liberals, in general have no tolerance for Christianity.

You haven't listened to a word I said. Try reading what I wrote and responding to it.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 2:28:58 AM

I can't figure it out myself. It may be that they are all cultural Christians as I am. (someone brought up in Christianity lite) and who does not practice the religion. Unlike myself they feel a hatred for the religion because they feel they have progressed beyond it. They need to hate something and need to nurture and defend something. Hence the gay agenda(I am not against gays) and the Muslim pet project. Political correctness comes into effect here as well. They feel they can insult and abuse Christians because Christianity is the majority and since they come from that religion, they feel they have a right to attack it. This is where it gets weird; they always defend Islam even though they know there are severe problems with many Muslims living in the West. England is a good example of political correctness run amok regarding Muslms and the Islamic incursion.
I have a theory about this. I do believe there is a conspiracy among the elite (they're really not elites, they are scum) whereby in their zeal to depopulate and cull us into cities with the UN's Agenda 21 they want one world religion. What better religion to control people with than Islam. I think you get my point.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 2:34:52 AM

There is nothing minuscule about the size of participants and especially sympathizers of radical Islam. don't fool yourself or try to fool anyone else. No one's biting. No one's holding all Muslim's responsible but there are too many sympathizers, even among so called liberal Muslims.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 3:00:06 AM

I think part of it is wanting to root for the underdog. The US is predominantly Christian while Muslims comprise only 1% of the population. Also, many Christians lambaste Muslims for beliefs and violence that Christendom has been guilty of, so many liberals like to point out the hypocrisy and draw a strict equivalence among the three Abrahamic faiths.

That said, I'm with Maher-- these apologetic liberals are becoming known as "regressive liberals."
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 5:04:27 AM
At 11/22/2015 2:28:58 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

I can't figure it out myself. It may be that they are all cultural Christians as I am. (someone brought up in Christianity lite) and who does not practice the religion. Unlike myself they feel a hatred for the religion because they feel they have progressed beyond it. They need to hate something and need to nurture and defend something. Hence the gay agenda(I am not against gays) and the Muslim pet project. Political correctness comes into effect here as well. They feel they can insult and abuse Christians because Christianity is the majority and since they come from that religion, they feel they have a right to attack it. This is where it gets weird; they always defend Islam even though they know there are severe problems with many Muslims living in the West. England is a good example of political correctness run amok regarding Muslms and the Islamic incursion.
I have a theory about this. I do believe there is a conspiracy among the elite (they're really not elites, they are scum) whereby in their zeal to depopulate and cull us into cities with the UN's Agenda 21 they want one world religion. What better religion to control people with than Islam. I think you get my point.

Yeah I do.
You have an army of boogiemen under your bed.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2015 5:07:00 AM
At 11/22/2015 2:34:52 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

There is nothing minuscule about the size of participants and especially sympathizers of radical Islam. don't fool yourself or try to fool anyone else. No one's biting. No one's holding all Muslim's responsible but there are too many sympathizers, even among so called liberal Muslims.

Go on have a guess at how many there are and remember that there are about 1.2billion, so your gonna need a shitload to not be minuscule. hahahaha