Jump to topic:

America, Islam, a Clash of Cultures

GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:24:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
No Atheist response. About as expectedm it's not abash Christianity thread, so poof! The Atheists are silent. No tolerance for Christianity, but cower from Islam. I call chicken sh*t.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:28:39 AM
Didn't look at the vid, seldom do.
What's your pathetic point?
By culture (muuurican) do you mean battered hog fat deep fried in lard?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:32:57 AM
At 11/24/2015 5:28:39 AM, bulproof wrote:

No I mean you're a bigot against Christianity. Go ahead. Admit it.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:34:35 AM

Or are you too busy giving sweet kisses to Islam's butt? Where are you at? Paris gets attacked but you're busy looking to bash Christianity. You are a full blown hypocrite.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:36:31 AM
It's people like you who have apologized to the real threat that have weakoned civilized culture and watered it down by full scale wussification. Grow a set and stand for something.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:36:32 AM
At 11/24/2015 5:34:35 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Or are you too busy giving sweet kisses to Islam's butt? Where are you at? Paris gets attacked but you're busy looking to bash Christianity. You are a full blown hypocrite.
Heard of Beirut and Mali?
Take your head out of your arse and I might talk to you.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:38:29 AM
At 11/24/2015 5:36:32 AM, bulproof wrote:

BS. You don't talk to anyone. Never have. I'm still waiting for you to piece together a coherant adult resembling post abd actually go out of your way to make a point
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:40:03 AM
At 11/24/2015the statisticd 5:34:35 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

The statistics on teroristic activity speak for themselves. Go ahead and post them right here and prove me dead wrong.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:44:52 AM
At 11/24/2015 5:38:29 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

BS. You don't talk to anyone. Never have. I'm still waiting for you to piece together a coherant adult resembling post abd actually go out of your way to make a point
What I write is not only coherent but in most cases quite profound, it's just that a much higher level of intelligence is needed to understand.
That's why my comments are so succinct, if I were to dumb them down for the likes of you I would get RSI from all the typing.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:47:00 AM
At 11/24/2015 5:40:03 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 11/24/2015the statisticd 5:34:35 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

The statistics on teroristic activity speak for themselves. Go ahead and post them right here and prove me dead wrong.
Prove you wrong on what? You haven't made a claim, but when you do, rest assured you will be wrong.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:47:47 AM
At 11/24/2015 5:44:52 AM, bulproof wrote:

What I write is not only coherent but in most cases quite profound, it's just that a much higher level of intelligence is needed to understand.
That's why my comments are so succinct, if I were to dumb them down for the likes of you I would get RSI from all the typing.

I'll let you in on a little secret...
It's never "profound" and rarely helpful to anything. Another secret...
If no one else gets it...
It's not gettable.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:48:27 AM
At 11/24/2015 5:36:31 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
It's people like you who have apologized to the real threat that have weakoned civilized culture and watered it down by full scale wussification. Grow a set and stand for something.
Real threat? Yankee imperialism?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:49:19 AM
If I were speaking to people who only speak English, speaking in Spanish and claiming it as profound simply would make me a self deluted fool.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:52:19 AM
At 11/24/2015 2:38:19 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
http://youtu.be...

Fortunately, the Revolution Islam nut was speaking outside and separate from the sermon inside the mosque. Muslims in the US aren't the problem they are in many other places. Perhaps much of that has to do with them only comprising 1% of our population.

Perhaps you should look into the so called "New Atheists." They will not disappoint you on the subject of Islam...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 6:00:05 AM
At 11/24/2015 5:47:47 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 11/24/2015 5:44:52 AM, bulproof wrote:

I'll let you in on a little secret...
It's never "profound" and rarely helpful to anything. Another secret...
If no one else gets it...
It's not gettable.
And therein lies your problem.
The intelligent people (non believers)on here do get it and that is the fun of the game.
It's very much like pulling the wings off flies, I'm often ashamed at myself but then I remember how much fun it is.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 6:02:12 AM
At 11/24/2015 5:49:19 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
If I were speaking to people who only speak English, speaking in Spanish and claiming it as profound simply would make me a self deluted fool.
No, you are a self deluded fool whether you speak or not.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 6:03:32 AM
Heard of Beirut or Mali? What about Nigeria or perhaps Uganda?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:41:55 PM
At 11/24/2015 6:02:12 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/24/2015 5:49:19 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
No, you are a self deluded fool whether you speak or not.

"Sticks and stones". Are you past you mommy issues yet or is your adolesent mindset seriously this in control of your seemingly adult body?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:46:51 PM
At 11/24/2015 6:03:32 AM, bulproof wrote:
Heard of Beirut or Mali? What about Nigeria or perhaps Uganda?

You are provingmy point. NonIslamic behavior gets a name because of its rarity. Islamic terrorism is not an isolated events and rarely gets a name or is even remembered. Islamic terrorist activity is so common most of it is not remembered at all. By the way, for future reference, comparing a holdup at a gas station to terrorist activity, as you have done in other postd, is idiocy at its greatest level. Anything else Einstein? Zip me another one or two liner so I can fully be convinced of your lack of debating skill. I noticed you haven't done a debate in all.of these years. Now that's a surprise.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:56:29 PM
At 11/24/2015 5:24:06 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
No Atheist response. About as expectedm it's not abash Christianity thread, so poof! The Atheists are silent. No tolerance for Christianity, but cower from Islam. I call chicken sh*t.

What exactly are you looking for? The Pope of atheism to come in from on high and formally denounce something?

Know what I don't like? Some group, ANY group, that points to something that doesn't exist, makes rules up for the thing that doesn't exist, then claims authority on behalf of the thing that doesn't exist. My tolerance for said groups is inversely proportional to how much crap they dish out in their quest for power.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:59:38 PM
At 11/24/2015 5:56:29 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

What exactly are you looking for? The Pope of atheism to come in from on high and formally denounce something?

Know what I don't like? Some group, ANY group, that points to something that doesn't exist, makes rules up for the thing that doesn't exist, then claims authority on behalf of the thing that doesn't exist. My tolerance for said groups is inversely proportional to how much crap they dish out in their quest for power.

If not for Christianity the very culture that shaped civilized and modern society would not exist. Don't try to deny it. There is a reason every Westernized culture based on democratic and civilized ideals has millions upon millions of secular people who celebrate Christmas but no other religious holidays.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 6:01:12 PM

Will you be passing out Christmas cards and presents this year?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 6:05:51 PM
At 11/24/2015 6:01:12 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Luckily, neither cards nor presents are anything to do with religion.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 6:09:38 PM
At 11/24/2015 6:05:51 PM, desmac wrote:

Apparently you don't consciously think about why our cultures do this practice. It is based on a story in some crazy religious book. Do you celbrate Hanukah or Ramadan? Didn't think so.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 6:09:54 PM
At 11/24/2015 5:59:38 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

If not for Christianity the very culture that shaped civilized and modern society would not exist.

And were it not for the Romans, Christendom wouldn't exist, and were it not for the Greeks, the Romans wouldn't exist, etc etc etc. Ironically, the western Civilization exists as it exists now because of a desire for due process. Religious freedom was just a painted on veneer.

Don't try to deny it. There is a reason every Westernized culture based on democratic and civilized ideals has millions upon millions of secular people who celebrate Christmas but no other religious holidays.

Yeah, "recruitment", much like it was done back when the Romans did it to the Goths.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 6:10:38 PM

Not cards, but presents. And.....?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 6:14:10 PM

The practice of giving gifts at Christmas derives from the wisemen in the Bible bringing gifts to Jesus as a sacrifice and testament of kinships. You didn't realize Christmas was a religious holiday? Yeah, Christmas is composed of two parts. Mas is worship and Christ is king. Christmas means "worship of the king, meaning worship of Jesus, and you celebrate it every year. That's how influenced you are by Christianity. It shaped and defined the very peoples that fought for civilized values and constructs.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 6:29:23 PM
At 11/24/2015 6:09:54 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 11/24/2015 5:59:38 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

If not for Christianity the very culture that shaped civilized and modern society would not exist.

And were it not for the Romans, Christendom wouldn't exist, and were it not for the Greeks, the Romans wouldn't exist, etc etc etc. Ironically, the western Civilization exists as it exists now because of a desire for due process. Religious freedom was just a painted on veneer.

Don't try to deny it. There is a reason every Westernized culture based on democratic and civilized ideals has millions upon millions of secular people who celebrate Christmas but no other religious holidays.

Yeah, "recruitment", much like it was done back when the Romans did it to the Goths.

Isn't it ironic that Jesus declared the gospel would be spread across the Earth and said his words would never disappear, and the very Romans who opposed him and killed him turned his words into truth?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 6:32:48 PM
At 11/24/2015 6:14:10 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:

The practice of giving gifts at Christmas derives from the wisemen in the Bible bringing gifts to Jesus as a sacrifice and testament of kinships. You didn't realize Christmas was a religious holiday? Yeah, Christmas is composed of two parts. Mas is worship and Christ is king. Christmas means "worship of the king, meaning worship of Jesus, and you celebrate it every year. That's how influenced you are by Christianity. It shaped and defined the very peoples that fought for civilized values and constructs.

Does that mean that Michaelmas and Martinmas etc,. means worship of those saints? Isn't that idolatry?