Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Religion President (kinda) Update

Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hi, as many of you know, I'm running for site president, and am heavily relying on the religion vote. However, I already consider myself president of this section, and in charge to whatever extent you guys respect my authority. I would appreciate you guys, treating me as an authority figure and your leader, as that will help others see me as such, and fall in line. I have a few updates.

Hall Of Fame

A nomination thread for HOF voting is up. Get your votes in soon, it has less than 24 hours left in the voting period. http://www.debate.org...

When voting concludes HOF thread number 2 will be put up, to vote on the final winner of the religious forum/union's nomination for the Hall of Fame. Participate folks make sure your voice is heard.

Jihad on DDO

Our attempts to invade the rest of DDO with religion based topics, is failing. Let's get out of this thread my friends, and make all of DDO, the religion forum. We must fight for what we want, and fight for what is right.

Intelligent Discussion

The intelligent Discussion series is about to conclude, and I want to remind everybody to book mark these posts, so that you can simply just PM them to the people who have the hardest time, knowing how to act intelligently. Let's help each other. People may be resistant to your correction at first, but they will come around, when they get ten PMs, everytime they make a bad post, that link to my threads.

Vote for me

The presidential voting is less than a month away. We will be having a get together for all my supporters on a Google hangout, and It will be a fun time, we'll discuss all the behind the scenes stuff that goes on in these campaigns, and I'll even go into all the detail about the numerous threatening messages, I've recieved from a group Known as the DDO Elite.

Remember to not only vote for me, but I want you guys to recruit three other members to vote for me as well. Together we will make DDO great again.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 3:42:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Hi, as many of you know, I'm running for site president, and am heavily relying on the religion vote. However, I already consider myself president of this section, and in charge to whatever extent you guys respect my authority.

Which, as far as I am concerned, would be "not at all". I see your activity in this forum as completely self serving, manipulative, and, more or less, of a mocking nature. Your participation here is intermittent and generally not related to religion. Advocating you as DDO president is a contemptuous act against this forum, and DDO in general. That being said, Bsh1 has my full support.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 4:11:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 3:42:12 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Hi, as many of you know, I'm running for site president, and am heavily relying on the religion vote. However, I already consider myself president of this section, and in charge to whatever extent you guys respect my authority.

Which, as far as I am concerned, would be "not at all". I see your activity in this forum as completely self serving, manipulative, and, more or less, of a mocking nature. Your participation here is intermittent and generally not related to religion. Advocating you as DDO president is a contemptuous act against this forum, and DDO in general. That being said, Bsh1 has my full support.

This is a warning. Your next transgression, will result in shunning.
tstor
Posts: 1,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 4:46:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 4:11:48 PM, Wylted wrote:

This is a warning. Your next transgression, will result in shunning.
Can I also be shunned?
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 5:21:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Skepticalone is correct in his observation, can"t deny that.

Telling people they are stupid is not the act of, nor a sign of intelligence nor respect for others. Granted every one"s been guilty of being caught up in anger and frustration and spout or posted disrespectful comments. But those who make a thread of it, as in, deliberately use the site for disrespectful comments, can"t supervise themselves well enough for public communication. How is it, they could do any good for a organization that is a public communication function?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 5:31:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 5:21:32 PM, DPMartin wrote:
Skepticalone is correct in his observation, can"t deny that.

Telling people they are stupid is not the act of, nor a sign of intelligence nor respect for others.

I've pointed out specific things that we can all work on together. Take a look at both of my intelligent discussion threads. Those aren't even controversial things, just cold hard facts. It is undeniable that everyone would get a better experience by following those protocols. I understand some people aren't very intelligent, so acting intelligently can be hard, but we should all strive for it.

Granted every one"s been guilty of being caught up in anger and frustration and spout or posted disrespectful comments. But those who make a thread of it, as in, deliberately use the site for disrespectful comments, can"t supervise themselves well enough for public communication.

It is in no way disrespectful to try and improve community standards. Neither is pointing out specific ways to do so.

How is it, they could do any good for a organization that is a public communication function?
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 6:21:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 5:31:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2015 5:21:32 PM, DPMartin wrote:
Skepticalone is correct in his observation, can"t deny that.

Telling people they are stupid is not the act of, nor a sign of intelligence nor respect for others.

I've pointed out specific things that we can all work on together. Take a look at both of my intelligent discussion threads. Those aren't even controversial things, just cold hard facts. It is undeniable that everyone would get a better experience by following those protocols. I understand some people aren't very intelligent, so acting intelligently can be hard, but we should all strive for it.


Granted every one"s been guilty of being caught up in anger and frustration and spout or posted disrespectful comments. But those who make a thread of it, as in, deliberately use the site for disrespectful comments, can"t supervise themselves well enough for public communication.

It is in no way disrespectful to try and improve community standards. Neither is pointing out specific ways to do so.


How is it, they could do any good for a organization that is a public communication function?

One doesn"t rid the site of someone or something foolish or contemptible, an uncompromising abuser by being someone or something foolish or contemptible, an uncompromising abuser as in this thread you"ve posted.

https://www.debate.org...

One"s actions are respected or not respected, not one"s arrogant disrespectful opinions of others. Someone that posts such threads just might be more of a problem here, then a solution.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 6:25:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 6:21:39 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 11/25/2015 5:31:02 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2015 5:21:32 PM, DPMartin wrote:
Skepticalone is correct in his observation, can"t deny that.

Telling people they are stupid is not the act of, nor a sign of intelligence nor respect for others.

I've pointed out specific things that we can all work on together. Take a look at both of my intelligent discussion threads. Those aren't even controversial things, just cold hard facts. It is undeniable that everyone would get a better experience by following those protocols. I understand some people aren't very intelligent, so acting intelligently can be hard, but we should all strive for it.


Granted every one"s been guilty of being caught up in anger and frustration and spout or posted disrespectful comments. But those who make a thread of it, as in, deliberately use the site for disrespectful comments, can"t supervise themselves well enough for public communication.

It is in no way disrespectful to try and improve community standards. Neither is pointing out specific ways to do so.


How is it, they could do any good for a organization that is a public communication function?

One doesn"t rid the site of someone or something foolish or contemptible, an uncompromising abuser by being someone or something foolish or contemptible, an uncompromising abuser as in this thread you"ve posted.

https://www.debate.org...

One"s actions are respected or not respected, not one"s arrogant disrespectful opinions of others. Someone that posts such threads just might be more of a problem here, then a solution.

The thread indicates what behavior is bad community standards and why. How else to rid the site of bad standards than to point out the bad standards and why. Actually read the op, nothing abusive is posted
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 6:46:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Hi, as many of you know, I'm running for site president, and am heavily relying on the religion vote. However, I already consider myself president of this section, and in charge to whatever extent you guys respect my authority.

A Presuppositional President? Should we expect anything less from the Religion forum? :D

It does raise some good questions though, Wylted. What authorities do you claim as Presuppositional President, whom do you hope respects them, and why do you believe they should do so?

Also -- critically given your platform of empiricism -- what criteria do you believe would falsify your Presuppositional Presidency Position?
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 6:48:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 6:46:25 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Hi, as many of you know, I'm running for site president, and am heavily relying on the religion vote. However, I already consider myself president of this section, and in charge to whatever extent you guys respect my authority.

A Presuppositional President? Should we expect anything less from the Religion forum? :D

It does raise some good questions though, Wylted. What authorities do you claim as Presuppositional President, whom do you hope respects them, and why do you believe they should do so?

Also -- critically given your platform of empiricism -- what criteria do you believe would falsify your Presuppositional Presidency Position?

The impossibility to the contrary, obviously.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 6:55:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 6:48:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 11/25/2015 6:46:25 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Hi, as many of you know, I'm running for site president, and am heavily relying on the religion vote. However, I already consider myself president of this section, and in charge to whatever extent you guys respect my authority.

A Presuppositional President? Should we expect anything less from the Religion forum? :D

It does raise some good questions though, Wylted. What authorities do you claim as Presuppositional President, whom do you hope respects them, and why do you believe they should do so?

Also -- critically given your platform of empiricism -- what criteria do you believe would falsify your Presuppositional Presidency Position?

The impossibility to the contrary, obviously.

Astutedly observed, FJ. So Wylted really needs to falsify two alternative hypotheses:

1) There is no Presuppositional President - it's just a delusion;
2) There is a Presuppositional President, however it's not Wylted but someone else, who may or may not know it.

Although atheistic about gods, I myself have never seen a claim of Presuppositional Presidency before, so I prefer to adopt an initial stance of agnostic skepticism.

I conjecture that there isa Presuppositional President, but it's Ethang5. He's just completely oblivious to this fact.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:00:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Hi, as many of you know, I'm running for site president, and am heavily relying on the religion vote. However, I already consider myself president of this section, and in charge to whatever extent you guys respect my authority. I would appreciate you guys, treating me as an authority figure and your leader, as that will help others see me as such, and fall in line. I have a few updates.

Hall Of Fame

A nomination thread for HOF voting is up. Get your votes in soon, it has less than 24 hours left in the voting period. http://www.debate.org...

When voting concludes HOF thread number 2 will be put up, to vote on the final winner of the religious forum/union's nomination for the Hall of Fame. Participate folks make sure your voice is heard.

Jihad on DDO

Our attempts to invade the rest of DDO with religion based topics, is failing. Let's get out of this thread my friends, and make all of DDO, the religion forum. We must fight for what we want, and fight for what is right.

Intelligent Discussion

The intelligent Discussion series is about to conclude, and I want to remind everybody to book mark these posts, so that you can simply just PM them to the people who have the hardest time, knowing how to act intelligently. Let's help each other. People may be resistant to your correction at first, but they will come around, when they get ten PMs, everytime they make a bad post, that link to my threads.

Vote for me

The presidential voting is less than a month away. We will be having a get together for all my supporters on a Google hangout, and It will be a fun time, we'll discuss all the behind the scenes stuff that goes on in these campaigns, and I'll even go into all the detail about the numerous threatening messages, I've recieved from a group Known as the DDO Elite.

Remember to not only vote for me, but I want you guys to recruit three other members to vote for me as well. Together we will make DDO great again.

Eat dirt and bark at the moon.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:25:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:00:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Remember to not only vote for me, but I want you guys to recruit three other members to vote for me as well. Together we will make DDO great again.

Eat dirt and bark at the moon.

That's a bit harsh, DH.

Suppose you wanted to found a faith by saying, "Hi, I believe I'm the messiah, however as a test of faith, I need you, my apostles, to find compelling proof of this to the world."

That sort of argument-by-revelation is a perfectly well-accepted way to found a religion.

In announcing his candidacy as Presuppositional President, Wylted isn't doing anything more than simultaneously announcing a new democratic role, his candidacy for it, and victory by revelation, before any evidence has actually been presented. I feel he's honouring the traditions of this forum by doing such a thing at all.

Now, also according to tradition here, the burden to refute that is obviously on any skeptics -- else they're being vain and closed-minded about the nature of the universe. However, in fairness, any alternative conjecture, no matter how eccentric, should be considered equally valid until disproven -- preferably through insult and personal acrimony.

In that spirit then, my Alternative Eccentric Conjecture is that the Religion forum already has a Presuppositional President; it's Ethang5, but he just doesn't know it.

Since it's also a Religion tradition that mere conjecture should abruptly become conviction without any further evidence beyond the onslaught of peer pressure, I'm here to announce that this is now a Matter of Faith for me, and I'm perfectly willing to defend my position with as many sneers, bare assertions and acrimonious ad-hominems as it takes.

Naturally, I do not mean to slight Wylted's own candidacy. In fact, I hope to band together with him to attack anyone who holds there is no Presuppositional President, while secretly poaching his supporters.

Regardless, I hope this doesn't end our friendship, DH, but of course you're welcome to join our fast-growing movement (it grew infinitely fast a moment ago, due to going from not-existing to existing in the space of a breath, which is itself sort-of miraculous!), and help me find evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency too.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:30:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 6:55:01 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 6:48:52 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 11/25/2015 6:46:25 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Hi, as many of you know, I'm running for site president, and am heavily relying on the religion vote. However, I already consider myself president of this section, and in charge to whatever extent you guys respect my authority.

A Presuppositional President? Should we expect anything less from the Religion forum? :D

It does raise some good questions though, Wylted. What authorities do you claim as Presuppositional President, whom do you hope respects them, and why do you believe they should do so?

Also -- critically given your platform of empiricism -- what criteria do you believe would falsify your Presuppositional Presidency Position?

The impossibility to the contrary, obviously.

Astutedly observed, FJ. So Wylted really needs to falsify two alternative hypotheses:

1) There is no Presuppositional President - it's just a delusion;
2) There is a Presuppositional President, however it's not Wylted but someone else, who may or may not know it.

Although atheistic about gods, I myself have never seen a claim of Presuppositional Presidency before, so I prefer to adopt an initial stance of agnostic skepticism.

I conjecture that there isa Presuppositional President, but it's Ethang5. He's just completely oblivious to this fact.

The presupposition all president is a social invention, just like race. Now, obey and worship me.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:31:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:25:30 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:00:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Remember to not only vote for me, but I want you guys to recruit three other members to vote for me as well. Together we will make DDO great again.

Eat dirt and bark at the moon.

That's a bit harsh, DH.

Suppose you wanted to found a faith by saying, "Hi, I believe I'm the messiah, however as a test of faith, I need you, my apostles, to find compelling proof of this to the world."

That sort of argument-by-revelation is a perfectly well-accepted way to found a religion.

In announcing his candidacy as Presuppositional President, Wylted isn't doing anything more than simultaneously announcing a new democratic role, his candidacy for it, and victory by revelation, before any evidence has actually been presented. I feel he's honouring the traditions of this forum by doing such a thing at all.

Now, also according to tradition here, the burden to refute that is obviously on any skeptics -- else they're being vain and closed-minded about the nature of the universe. However, in fairness, any alternative conjecture, no matter how eccentric, should be considered equally valid until disproven -- preferably through insult and personal acrimony.

In that spirit then, my Alternative Eccentric Conjecture is that the Religion forum already has a Presuppositional President; it's Ethang5, but he just doesn't know it.

Since it's also a Religion tradition that mere conjecture should abruptly become conviction without any further evidence beyond the onslaught of peer pressure, I'm here to announce that this is now a Matter of Faith for me, and I'm perfectly willing to defend my position with as many sneers, bare assertions and acrimonious ad-hominems as it takes.

Naturally, I do not mean to slight Wylted's own candidacy. In fact, I hope to band together with him to attack anyone who holds there is no Presuppositional President, while secretly poaching his supporters.

Regardless, I hope this doesn't end our friendship, DH, but of course you're welcome to join our fast-growing movement (it grew infinitely fast a moment ago, due to going from not-existing to existing in the space of a breath, which is itself sort-of miraculous!), and help me find evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency too.

That's the spirit :)
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:33:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:30:07 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2015 6:55:01 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
Although atheistic about gods, I myself have never seen a claim of Presuppositional Presidency before, so I prefer to adopt an initial stance of agnostic skepticism.

I conjecture that there isa Presuppositional President, but it's Ethang5. He's just completely oblivious to this fact.

The presupposition all president is a social invention, just like race. Now, obey and worship me.

I acknowledge that you spotted this possibility before me, friend Wylted, however I've now taken it as a matter of faith that, if a Presuppositional President exists (and it does now -- for me), it's actually Ethang5.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:35:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:33:22 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:30:07 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2015 6:55:01 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
Although atheistic about gods, I myself have never seen a claim of Presuppositional Presidency before, so I prefer to adopt an initial stance of agnostic skepticism.

I conjecture that there isa Presuppositional President, but it's Ethang5. He's just completely oblivious to this fact.

The presupposition all president is a social invention, just like race. Now, obey and worship me.

I acknowledge that you spotted this possibility before me, friend Wylted, however I've now taken it as a matter of faith that, if a Presuppositional President exists (and it does now -- for me), it's actually Ethang5.

God speed
Chaosism
Posts: 2,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:36:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:25:30 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:00:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Remember to not only vote for me, but I want you guys to recruit three other members to vote for me as well. Together we will make DDO great again.

Eat dirt and bark at the moon.

That's a bit harsh, DH.

Suppose you wanted to found a faith by saying, "Hi, I believe I'm the messiah, however as a test of faith, I need you, my apostles, to find compelling proof of this to the world."

That sort of argument-by-revelation is a perfectly well-accepted way to found a religion.

In announcing his candidacy as Presuppositional President, Wylted isn't doing anything more than simultaneously announcing a new democratic role, his candidacy for it, and victory by revelation, before any evidence has actually been presented. I feel he's honouring the traditions of this forum by doing such a thing at all.

Now, also according to tradition here, the burden to refute that is obviously on any skeptics -- else they're being vain and closed-minded about the nature of the universe. However, in fairness, any alternative conjecture, no matter how eccentric, should be considered equally valid until disproven -- preferably through insult and personal acrimony.

In that spirit then, my Alternative Eccentric Conjecture is that the Religion forum already has a Presuppositional President; it's Ethang5, but he just doesn't know it.

Since it's also a Religion tradition that mere conjecture should abruptly become conviction without any further evidence beyond the onslaught of peer pressure, I'm here to announce that this is now a Matter of Faith for me, and I'm perfectly willing to defend my position with as many sneers, bare assertions and acrimonious ad-hominems as it takes.

Naturally, I do not mean to slight Wylted's own candidacy. In fact, I hope to band together with him to attack anyone who holds there is no Presuppositional President, while secretly poaching his supporters.

Regardless, I hope this doesn't end our friendship, DH, but of course you're welcome to join our fast-growing movement (it grew infinitely fast a moment ago, due to going from not-existing to existing in the space of a breath, which is itself sort-of miraculous!), and help me find evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency too.

Pardon my intrusion, by wouldn't the evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency the very fact that we believe it? Is the search over?

Hmmm. It seems I may have inadvertently join the movement by saying "we"...
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:37:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Wylted, Don't you think that the joke (which wasn't funny in the first place) has gone far enough?
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:42:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:36:25 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:25:30 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:00:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Remember to not only vote for me, but I want you guys to recruit three other members to vote for me as well. Together we will make DDO great again.

Eat dirt and bark at the moon.

That's a bit harsh, DH.

Suppose you wanted to found a faith by saying, "Hi, I believe I'm the messiah, however as a test of faith, I need you, my apostles, to find compelling proof of this to the world."

That sort of argument-by-revelation is a perfectly well-accepted way to found a religion.

In announcing his candidacy as Presuppositional President, Wylted isn't doing anything more than simultaneously announcing a new democratic role, his candidacy for it, and victory by revelation, before any evidence has actually been presented. I feel he's honouring the traditions of this forum by doing such a thing at all.

Now, also according to tradition here, the burden to refute that is obviously on any skeptics -- else they're being vain and closed-minded about the nature of the universe. However, in fairness, any alternative conjecture, no matter how eccentric, should be considered equally valid until disproven -- preferably through insult and personal acrimony.

In that spirit then, my Alternative Eccentric Conjecture is that the Religion forum already has a Presuppositional President; it's Ethang5, but he just doesn't know it.

Since it's also a Religion tradition that mere conjecture should abruptly become conviction without any further evidence beyond the onslaught of peer pressure, I'm here to announce that this is now a Matter of Faith for me, and I'm perfectly willing to defend my position with as many sneers, bare assertions and acrimonious ad-hominems as it takes.

Naturally, I do not mean to slight Wylted's own candidacy. In fact, I hope to band together with him to attack anyone who holds there is no Presuppositional President, while secretly poaching his supporters.

Regardless, I hope this doesn't end our friendship, DH, but of course you're welcome to join our fast-growing movement (it grew infinitely fast a moment ago, due to going from not-existing to existing in the space of a breath, which is itself sort-of miraculous!), and help me find evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency too.

Pardon my intrusion, by wouldn't the evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency the very fact that we believe it? Is the search over?

Hmmm. It seems I may have inadvertently join the movement by saying "we"...

Precisely, Chaosism.

I think if you just give it some thought, you'll see that this forum could never have existed without having had a Presuppositional President all along.

Else what's its purpose? What are its moral values? Where's the hope?

Once you realise that, it will come to you as a thunderbolt -- as it did to me -- that we have had a Presuppositional President: Ethang5 -- the only member I'm aware of who has never for a moment doubted that this forum must run entirely to his liking, and that anyone who opposes that is impeding its destiny.

Suddenly, it all fits.

Everything.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:46:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:25:30 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:00:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Remember to not only vote for me, but I want you guys to recruit three other members to vote for me as well. Together we will make DDO great again.

Eat dirt and bark at the moon.

That's a bit harsh, DH.

Suppose you wanted to found a faith by saying, "Hi, I believe I'm the messiah, however as a test of faith, I need you, my apostles, to find compelling proof of this to the world."

That sort of argument-by-revelation is a perfectly well-accepted way to found a religion.

In announcing his candidacy as Presuppositional President, Wylted isn't doing anything more than simultaneously announcing a new democratic role, his candidacy for it, and victory by revelation, before any evidence has actually been presented. I feel he's honouring the traditions of this forum by doing such a thing at all.

Now, also according to tradition here, the burden to refute that is obviously on any skeptics -- else they're being vain and closed-minded about the nature of the universe. However, in fairness, any alternative conjecture, no matter how eccentric, should be considered equally valid until disproven -- preferably through insult and personal acrimony.

In that spirit then, my Alternative Eccentric Conjecture is that the Religion forum already has a Presuppositional President; it's Ethang5, but he just doesn't know it.

Since it's also a Religion tradition that mere conjecture should abruptly become conviction without any further evidence beyond the onslaught of peer pressure, I'm here to announce that this is now a Matter of Faith for me, and I'm perfectly willing to defend my position with as many sneers, bare assertions and acrimonious ad-hominems as it takes.

Naturally, I do not mean to slight Wylted's own candidacy. In fact, I hope to band together with him to attack anyone who holds there is no Presuppositional President, while secretly poaching his supporters.

Regardless, I hope this doesn't end our friendship, DH, but of course you're welcome to join our fast-growing movement (it grew infinitely fast a moment ago, due to going from not-existing to existing in the space of a breath, which is itself sort-of miraculous!), and help me find evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency too.

Sorry Ruv, can't go along for that ride.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:52:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:46:28 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:25:30 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:00:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 11/25/2015 1:57:57 PM, Wylted wrote:
Remember to not only vote for me, but I want you guys to recruit three other members to vote for me as well. Together we will make DDO great again.

Eat dirt and bark at the moon.

That's a bit harsh, DH.

Suppose you wanted to found a faith by saying, "Hi, I believe I'm the messiah, however as a test of faith, I need you, my apostles, to find compelling proof of this to the world."

That sort of argument-by-revelation is a perfectly well-accepted way to found a religion.

In announcing his candidacy as Presuppositional President, Wylted isn't doing anything more than simultaneously announcing a new democratic role, his candidacy for it, and victory by revelation, before any evidence has actually been presented. I feel he's honouring the traditions of this forum by doing such a thing at all.

Now, also according to tradition here, the burden to refute that is obviously on any skeptics -- else they're being vain and closed-minded about the nature of the universe. However, in fairness, any alternative conjecture, no matter how eccentric, should be considered equally valid until disproven -- preferably through insult and personal acrimony.

In that spirit then, my Alternative Eccentric Conjecture is that the Religion forum already has a Presuppositional President; it's Ethang5, but he just doesn't know it.

Since it's also a Religion tradition that mere conjecture should abruptly become conviction without any further evidence beyond the onslaught of peer pressure, I'm here to announce that this is now a Matter of Faith for me, and I'm perfectly willing to defend my position with as many sneers, bare assertions and acrimonious ad-hominems as it takes.

Naturally, I do not mean to slight Wylted's own candidacy. In fact, I hope to band together with him to attack anyone who holds there is no Presuppositional President, while secretly poaching his supporters.

Regardless, I hope this doesn't end our friendship, DH, but of course you're welcome to join our fast-growing movement (it grew infinitely fast a moment ago, due to going from not-existing to existing in the space of a breath, which is itself sort-of miraculous!), and help me find evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency too.

Sorry Ruv, can't go along for that ride.

I completely understand, D.

However, I hope that you will in future, conflate intellectual freedom with tyrannical absolutism sufficiently to let our Presuppositional Presidency completely order your life, on a live and let live basis.
Chaosism
Posts: 2,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:54:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:42:40 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:36:25 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Pardon my intrusion, by wouldn't the evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency the very fact that we believe it? Is the search over?

Hmmm. It seems I may have inadvertently join the movement by saying "we"...

Precisely, Chaosism.

I think if you just give it some thought, you'll see that this forum could never have existed without having had a Presuppositional President all along.

Well, thought isn't really my strongest suit (evident in my frequent typos), so I'll just go along with whomever is the surest and most insistent that theirs is correct.

Else what's its purpose? What are its moral values? Where's the hope?

Once you realise that, it will come to you as a thunderbolt -- as it did to me -- that we have had a Presuppositional President: Ethang5 -- the only member I'm aware of who has never for a moment doubted that this forum must run entirely to his liking, and that anyone who opposes that is impeding its destiny.

Suddenly, it all fits.

Everything.

Even the square peg into the round hole. Gotchya.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 7:59:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:54:15 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:42:40 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:36:25 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Pardon my intrusion, by wouldn't the evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency the very fact that we believe it? Is the search over?

Hmmm. It seems I may have inadvertently join the movement by saying "we"...

Precisely, Chaosism.

I think if you just give it some thought, you'll see that this forum could never have existed without having had a Presuppositional President all along.

Well, thought isn't really my strongest suit (evident in my frequent typos), so I'll just go along with whomever is the surest and most insistent that theirs is correct.

Else what's its purpose? What are its moral values? Where's the hope?

Once you realise that, it will come to you as a thunderbolt -- as it did to me -- that we have had a Presuppositional President: Ethang5 -- the only member I'm aware of who has never for a moment doubted that this forum must run entirely to his liking, and that anyone who opposes that is impeding its destiny.

Suddenly, it all fits.

Everything.

Even the square peg into the round hole. Gotchya.

I am sorry to disagree with two such learned gentlemen, But surely you must know that the Presuppositional President of this Forum is Zoinks. I proved this with simple logic in several of my previous posts and would advise you to read them. Do not ask me to link or reference them.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 8:00:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:54:15 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:42:40 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:36:25 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Pardon my intrusion, by wouldn't the evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency the very fact that we believe it? Is the search over?

Hmmm. It seems I may have inadvertently join the movement by saying "we"...

Precisely, Chaosism.

I think if you just give it some thought, you'll see that this forum could never have existed without having had a Presuppositional President all along.

Well, thought isn't really my strongest suit (evident in my frequent typos), so I'll just go along with whomever is the surest and most insistent that theirs is correct.

Exactly, C. To doubt a vocal and entitled minority in favour of best practice skeptical scrutiny would be an ad populum argument, which we know to be a fallacy.

Suddenly, it all fits.

Everything.

Even the square peg into the round hole. Gotchya.

Well, the truth of the hole and its circularity are revelatory, and therefore require decades of dogmatic study t understand. For evidence, what we have is a square peg and a block of wood with no holes. And you can't tell me that a square peg fits a nonexistent round hole worse than it fits a nonexistent square one.

If you believe it does, I invite you to demonstrate it.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 8:22:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:37:43 PM, desmac wrote:
Wylted, Don't you think that the joke (which wasn't funny in the first place) has gone far enough?

I'm running for president, and attempting to get immense support from the religious section, to propel me forward
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 8:32:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 8:22:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:37:43 PM, desmac wrote:
Wylted, Don't you think that the joke (which wasn't funny in the first place) has gone far enough?

I'm running for president, and attempting to get immense support from the religious section, to propel me forward

Don't get out of breath with all that running, Edgar Alan.
Chaosism
Posts: 2,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 8:33:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 7:59:10 PM, desmac wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:54:15 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:42:40 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:36:25 PM, Chaosism wrote:

Pardon my intrusion, by wouldn't the evidence of Ethang5's Presuppositional Presidency the very fact that we believe it? Is the search over?

Hmmm. It seems I may have inadvertently join the movement by saying "we"...

Precisely, Chaosism.

I think if you just give it some thought, you'll see that this forum could never have existed without having had a Presuppositional President all along.

Well, thought isn't really my strongest suit (evident in my frequent typos), so I'll just go along with whomever is the surest and most insistent that theirs is correct.

Else what's its purpose? What are its moral values? Where's the hope?

Once you realise that, it will come to you as a thunderbolt -- as it did to me -- that we have had a Presuppositional President: Ethang5 -- the only member I'm aware of who has never for a moment doubted that this forum must run entirely to his liking, and that anyone who opposes that is impeding its destiny.

Suddenly, it all fits.

Everything.

Even the square peg into the round hole. Gotchya.

I am sorry to disagree with two such learned gentlemen, But surely you must know that the Presuppositional President of this Forum is Zoinks. I proved this with simple logic in several of my previous posts and would advise you to read them. Do not ask me to link or reference them.

Hmmm. Since I have had next to no interaction with Ethang5, I am inclined to agree with you provided that you can insist more strongly than Ruv.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 9:30:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 8:22:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:37:43 PM, desmac wrote:
Wylted, Don't you think that the joke (which wasn't funny in the first place) has gone far enough?

I'm running for president, and attempting to get immense support from the religious section, to propel me forward

It was s mistake to ask them for their votes,you should have just taken it. They are all atheists and don't recognize a higher authority.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2015 9:51:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/25/2015 9:30:56 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 11/25/2015 8:22:11 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 11/25/2015 7:37:43 PM, desmac wrote:
Wylted, Don't you think that the joke (which wasn't funny in the first place) has gone far enough?

I'm running for president, and attempting to get immense support from the religious section, to propel me forward

It was s mistake to ask them for their votes,you should have just taken it. They are all atheists and don't recognize a higher authority.

I have asked my father in heaven to forgive them. In the end, my blood will wash their sins away