Invisible supernatural characters.

Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 3:01:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Are they real or not in your opinion ?

I am talking about invisible characters with supernatural powers which you find in stories that contain talking animals.

If you think some are real and some are not, please explain why you think so and don't just write " because the bible says so".

I challenge you to describe your logic and reasoning so it makes sense to unbelievers.

To believe something just because a book says it is true is not a valid reason to believe it.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 3:30:09 AM
At 11/27/2015 3:01:11 AM, Skyangel wrote:

I am talking about invisible characters with supernatural powers which you find in stories that contain talking animals.

If you think some are real and some are not, please explain why you think so and don't just write " because the bible says so".

I challenge you to describe your logic and reasoning so it makes sense to unbelievers.

To believe something just because a book says it is true is not a valid reason to believe it.

yes, all supernatural characteristics in the religion are real. Whether they belong to the proof or not. Faith is the reason behind.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 5:29:18 AM
At 11/27/2015 3:30:09 AM, uncung wrote:

yes, all supernatural characteristics in the religion are real. Whether they belong to the proof or not. Faith is the reason behind.

Faith is not a logical reason. Try again.

All children who believe in Santa also have faith that the magic man with flying reindeer is real.
How is your faith any different to the faith of a child ?

In what way is an invisible supernatural character real?
Is the talking snake in the story also real?
Do you really think snakes were capable of conversing with humans once upon a time?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 5:30:25 AM

Faith can't make something real.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 5:37:36 AM
yes, all supernatural characters in the religion are real. Whether they belong to the proof or not. Faith is the reason behind.

All children who believe in Santa also have faith that the magic man with flying reindeer is real.

Do you really think snakes were capable of conversing with humans once upon a time?

Faith can be a logic matter if it were proven true.
If the Santa, the flying reindeer, and the talking snake were real then we have to believe in them.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 5:38:15 AM
At 11/27/2015 5:30:25 AM, bulproof wrote:

Yes the false faith can't make something real.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 5:55:48 AM

I choose to disagree with that bully. It depends on what you place your faith in.
For example, my husband wanted a boat and we did not have enough money to buy one so he decided to make his dreams of owning a boat come true by having faith in his own ability to build one. It took him four years to build it from scratch but he did it and made his dreams come true because his faith was in something realistic, ie, his own ability, and not in some fantasy character.
Obviously it took more than faith in himself. It took a lot of hard work too but even the bible teaches the principle that faith without work is dead.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 5:57:55 AM
At 11/27/2015 5:37:36 AM, uncung wrote:
yes, all supernatural characters in the religion are real. Whether they belong to the proof or not. Faith is the reason behind.

If the Santa, the flying reindeer, and the talking snake were real then we have to believe in them.

But they are not real so why believe in them?
Have you ever seen or heard a talking snake in reality or do such creatures only exist in myths?
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 6:38:46 AM
At 11/27/2015 5:57:55 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Have you ever seen or heard a talking snake in reality or do such creatures only exist in myths?

how do you know they are not real? have you observed them?
I had never heard the such talking snake. And i don't need to reject it nor to accept it. since i have no interests in it. my faith has nothing to do with it either.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 6:44:28 AM

I choose to disagree with that bully. It depends on what you place your faith in.
For example, my husband wanted a boat and we did not have enough money to buy one so he decided to make his dreams of owning a boat come true by having faith in his own ability to build one. It took him four years to build it from scratch but he did it and made his dreams come true because his faith was in something realistic, ie, his own ability, and not in some fantasy character.
Obviously it took more than faith in himself. It took a lot of hard work too but even the bible teaches the principle that faith without work is dead.

The faith can turn to be the fantasy characters it were false.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 8:50:11 AM
At 11/27/2015 6:38:46 AM, uncung wrote:

I happen to know how to tell the difference between fantasy characters and real ones. If you do not know how that is done, you obviously have a LOT to learn and a LOT of growing up to do. Seek and you shall find the answers.

I had never heard the such talking snake. And i don't need to reject it nor to accept it. since i have no interests in it. my faith has nothing to do with it either.

Never heard the Genesis story with the talking snake ? Where have you been all your life? On Mars?

What do you have faith in if it has nothing to do with having faith in the Genesis story being some kind of historical fact.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 9:22:50 AM

The human imagination can create anything, including the less than credible characters and events recorded in the Bible.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 11:35:55 AM
At 11/27/2015 9:22:50 AM, JJ50 wrote:

The human imagination can create anything, including the less than credible characters and events recorded in the Bible.

Obviously. All stories are evidence of themselves and also evidence of human creativity.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 12:56:12 PM
At 11/27/2015 8:50:11 AM, Skyangel wrote:

I happen to know how to tell the difference between fantasy characters and real ones. If you do not know how that is done, you obviously have a LOT to learn and a LOT of growing up to do. Seek and you shall find the answers.

Never heard the Genesis story with the talking snake ? Where have you been all your life? On Mars?

What do you have faith in if it has nothing to do with having faith in the Genesis story being some kind of historical fact.

yes, I do know they are merely the fantasy characters since none able to provide the proof of them.
Why do almost all blondes think the believers are Christians? Of course I had never heard talking snake story from, what is it again? from Genesis, since I am a muslim.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 1:24:45 PM
At 11/27/2015 5:38:15 AM, uncung wrote:

(Yes the false) faith can't make something real.
The words in brackets are superfluous.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 1:42:59 PM

How do you think you can disprove a faith and why would you...

What did a religion do to you to make you so against it, if you choose not to believe what makes you so aggressively against it that you have become like those you would claim force religion down your throat...

why are you so against others making their own mind up...

you seem to be very angry and frustrated... try chilling a little..
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 2:53:25 PM
At 11/27/2015 1:24:45 PM, bulproof wrote:

the true faith can make something real, madam.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 2:56:10 PM
At 11/27/2015 2:53:25 PM, uncung wrote:
At 11/27/2015 1:24:45 PM, bulproof wrote:

Faith can't make ANYTHING real.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 3:00:45 PM

Yes, the false faith can't make something real.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 3:43:20 PM
At 11/27/2015 3:00:45 PM, uncung wrote:

There is no evidence to support any of this world's faiths.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 3:48:52 PM
At 11/27/2015 3:43:20 PM, JJ50 wrote:

the evidence of the faith is religious stuff.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 3:49:59 PM
At 11/27/2015 3:48:52 PM, uncung wrote:

In the mind of believers, I agree.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 3:51:30 PM
At 11/27/2015 3:49:59 PM, JJ50 wrote:

yes in our mind as well.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 4:00:28 PM
At 11/27/2015 3:51:30 PM, uncung wrote:
At 11/27/2015 3:49:59 PM, JJ50 wrote:

yes in our mind as well.

There is no evidence to substantiate it exists outside the human mind.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 4:03:41 PM

yes in our mind as well.

There is no evidence to substantiate it exists outside the human mind.

There are many evidences of that.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 10:44:00 PM
At 11/27/2015 12:56:12 PM, uncung wrote:
At 11/27/2015 8:50:11 AM, Skyangel wrote:

yes, I do know they are merely the fantasy characters since none able to provide the proof of them.
Why do almost all blondes think the believers are Christians? Of course I had never heard talking snake story from, what is it again? from Genesis, since I am a muslim.

Go and read the Torah and educate yourself if you wish to discuss religion.
At least you admit the characters in holy books are fictional.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 10:55:22 PM
At 11/27/2015 1:42:59 PM, graceofgod wrote:

No one is trying to disprove a faith. What you have faith in is your choice.
Do you ever try to disprove a childs faith in Santa or do you simply understand the child has faith in a fairy tale and will hopefully grow out of it when he realizes Santa is mythical?

The best any mature adults can do is explain why story book characters are mythical and hope that the more intelligent people will grow up mentally, comprehend the facts and stop believing in mythical characters.

What did a religion do to you to make you so against it, if you choose not to believe what makes you so aggressively against it that you have become like those you would claim force religion down your throat...

I am not against practical religious teaching which benefit mankind. I am merely against the religious teachings which cause believers in mythical characters to remain mentally retarded. It would be nice to see more people mature mentally and put aside childish things like worshipping invisible supernatural characters.

I am not.
I am merely sharing my perspective.

I am cool as cucumber. No frustration here. Your perception is deceiving you.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 11:05:33 PM
At 11/27/2015 10:55:22 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Do you ever try to disprove a childs faith in Santa or do you simply understand the child has faith in a fairy tale and will hopefully grow out of it when he realizes Santa is mythical?

The best any mature adults can do is explain why story book characters are mythical and hope that the more intelligent people will grow up mentally, comprehend the facts and stop believing in mythical characters.

I am not against practical religious teaching which benefit mankind. I am merely against the religious teachings which cause believers in mythical characters to remain mentally retarded. It would be nice to see more people mature mentally and put aside childish things like worshipping invisible supernatural characters.

I am not.

that's probably because you are not as stupid as you sound and realise you cannot disprove someones faith...
yet that doesn't stop you bitching at it...

oh as long as they believe what you think is ok that's ok, well that's very big off you...

when you ready to tell us why God gets your pants in a twist maybe we could sort something out...

in the mean time keep going your doing a great job...

I mean all those retards hoping for a better life after death, hoping to meet dead relatives, hoping to live a better life be nice to people, help others, how retarded can they be....lol..
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 11:31:42 PM
At 11/27/2015 11:05:33 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/27/2015 10:55:22 PM, Skyangel wrote:

I am not.

that's probably because you are not as stupid as you sound and realise you cannot disprove someones faith...
yet that doesn't stop you bitching at it...

Bitching? Now that's funny. Do people bitch at a child when they inform the child of the fact that Santa is not real or are they merely sharing facts which might happen to upset children who don't want to hear it?
Your perception and interpretation of my words really is comical.

oh as long as they believe what you think is ok that's ok, well that's very big off you...

If you don't want to believe facts that is not my problem. I am merely sharing the facts with you.
The fact is that any adults who believe in mythical characters are mentally immature.
It is also a fact that all invisible characters with supernatural powers are mythical.

when you ready to tell us why God gets your pants in a twist maybe we could sort something out...

My pants are not twisted. It seems yours might be though. Maybe you ought to check them.

in the mean time keep going your doing a great job...

I mean all those retards hoping for a better life after death, hoping to meet dead relatives, hoping to live a better life be nice to people, help others, how retarded can they be....lol..

Why can't you be a good person and live the best life you can before you die? Why wait for something better till after you die?
If you want something better, you are obviously not living the best life you can.
Those who live the best life they can don't need anything better than the best.

False hopes seem to give many a false sense of security. It is sad that they cannot manage to find any real happiness or security in their lives in the present but need to live in the hope of a better life in the future after they die.

Fairy tales end with happily ever after so feel free to live in your fairy tale as long as you need to.
In the end all rest in peace, have no pain or suffering and not a care in the world. The proof is in the cemeteries.