Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Any scriptures about the miracles and signs??

graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 10:18:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Any scriptures about the signs and miracles that go with the preaching of the word being for a certain time or having ceased already...

even the gifts of the spirit...

just wondering what peoples take on this is..
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 10:41:12 PM
At 11/27/2015 10:18:03 PM, graceofgod wrote:
Any scriptures about the signs and miracles that go with the preaching of the word being for a certain time or having ceased already...

Why, you'd first need to explain to us the design and purpose of miracles in the New Testament to begin with. If the purpose - the need - for those miracles has been met, then the age of miracles passed away.

When the completed revelation of God to man was finalized - when "that which is complete is come" - then the signs, wonders, and miracles that accompanied, confirmed, and certified this revelation passed away.

That's why you struggle so much with explaining the purpose of miracles in the New Testament. In fact, I doubt you even know the purpose. You just sorta figure that if they did miracles back then, then we should still be seeing them.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 11:01:09 PM
At 11/27/2015 10:41:12 PM, annanicole wrote:

Why, you'd first need to explain to us the design and purpose of miracles in the New Testament to begin with. If the purpose - the need - for those miracles has been met, then the age of miracles passed away.

When the completed revelation of God to man was finalized - when "that which is complete is come" - then the signs, wonders, and miracles that accompanied, confirmed, and certified this revelation passed away.

That's why you struggle so much with explaining the purpose of miracles in the New Testament. In fact, I doubt you even know the purpose. You just sorta figure that if they did miracles back then, then we should still be seeing them.

yeah that's a fine start, any scripture to support what you are saying...

and why should the miracles have stopped then, with supporting scripture of course...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 11:13:11 PM
At 11/27/2015 11:01:09 PM, graceofgod wrote:

and why should the miracles have stopped then, with supporting scripture of course...

I've given you one such passage. There are many of them:

"And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word by the signs that followed." (Mark 16: 20)

You claimed the passage was "cult-speak" and that you simply didn't understand what Mark said.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2015 11:22:40 PM
At 11/27/2015 11:13:11 PM, annanicole wrote:

"And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word by the signs that followed." (Mark 16: 20)

You claimed the passage was "cult-speak" and that you simply didn't understand what Mark said.

yes you did give a passage, a passage that does not support your position...

do you have any others... it might clarify what the word is saying...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 2:02:02 AM
At 11/27/2015 11:22:40 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Ok then YOU can explain for us: what was the purpose of the signs mentioned in Mark 16: 20?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 10:48:19 AM
At 11/28/2015 2:02:02 AM, annanicole wrote:

Ok then YOU can explain for us: what was the purpose of the signs mentioned in Mark 16: 20?

What it quite clearly says to me is that they went out and preached God's word, the Lord went with them, which would be the Holy spirit and as they established the word of God when and where they preached , signs and miracles occurred showing the truth of the word and the power of God...
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 11:38:20 AM

None of them have any credibility!
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 12:05:26 PM
At 11/28/2015 11:38:20 AM, JJ50 wrote:

thank you for your input but this thread was intended to be used for debate on scripture among believers as opposed to a debate on if the bible is credible or not...

bless you..
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 12:09:54 PM
At 11/28/2015 12:05:26 PM, graceofgod wrote:

thank you for your input but this thread was intended to be used for debate on scripture among believers as opposed to a debate on if the bible is credible or not...

bless you..

On a forum such as this anyone can add their comment, believer or not.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 12:20:59 PM
At 11/28/2015 12:09:54 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 11/28/2015 12:05:26 PM, graceofgod wrote:

bless you..

On a forum such as this anyone can add their comment, believer or not.

of course they can, I was only saying I was hoping for a debate on scripture not the credibility of scripture...

thanks again..

Bless you..
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 4:38:58 PM
At 11/28/2015 10:48:19 AM, graceofgod wrote:

What it quite clearly says to me is that they went out and preached God's word, the Lord went with them, which would be the Holy spirit and as they established the word of God when and where they preached , signs and miracles occurred showing the truth of the word and the power of God...

In other words, the "truth of the word" of the apostles was certified and confirmed by the signs the accompanied their preaching. Right?
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 5:03:51 PM

according to some christians the miracles are still coming
just the other day i heard about a resurrection in a church
http://branham.org...
and god helping other believers find their car keys
not to mention other stories of how god stopped statues from being burned in a fire
there's no way that all of these are natural phenomenon, right?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 5:16:00 PM
At 11/28/2015 4:38:58 PM, annanicole wrote:

In other words, the "truth of the word" of the apostles was certified and confirmed by the signs the accompanied their preaching. Right?

certified, not a word i would use, confirmed is right...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 5:17:16 PM
At 11/28/2015 5:03:51 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:

not to mention other stories of how god stopped statues from being burned in a fire

I believe the gifts, signs and miracles are still occurring where the word is preached...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 5:43:02 PM
At 11/28/2015 5:16:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Thus, the purpose of the signs and wonders was to ... confirm the word. That's the same thing I've been saying.
DanMGTOW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 6:20:52 PM
At 11/28/2015 5:17:16 PM, graceofgod wrote:

I believe the gifts, signs and miracles are still occurring where the word is preached...

then it's too bad so many preachers aren't preaching the word
if true believers aren't willing to expose the false preachers, then they will continue to spread like cancer in the body
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 6:27:42 PM
At 11/28/2015 5:43:02 PM, annanicole wrote:

Thus, the purpose of the signs and wonders was to ... confirm the word. That's the same thing I've been saying.

yes no problem where the word is preached sings and wonders will be there..
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 9:53:55 PM
At 11/28/2015 6:27:42 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Yes, if the word is unconfirmed at the time. The question was, "Was the word of God fully confirmed back during the first century?"
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 10:36:34 PM
At 11/28/2015 9:53:55 PM, annanicole wrote:

Yes, if the word is unconfirmed at the time. The question was, "Was the word of God fully confirmed back during the first century?"

the word of God as a written item was completed but the revelation and things that must come to pass were not...

does that help...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 10:56:42 PM

Matt 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Mark 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 10:59:31 PM
At 11/28/2015 5:03:51 PM, DanMGTOW wrote:

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 11:02:22 PM

Is the word being preached in this forum?
If so, please point out the gifts, signs and miracles which are occurring here so we can all observe them.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 11:20:55 PM
At 11/28/2015 11:02:22 PM, Skyangel wrote:

If so, please point out the gifts, signs and miracles which are occurring here so we can all observe them.

Yes i believe the gospel is being preached as for the gifts, signs and miracles, who knows , hearts might be changed, eyes open, people get saved...

who knows what God can do...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2015 11:52:17 PM
At 11/28/2015 10:36:34 PM, graceofgod wrote:

the word of God as a written item was completed but the revelation and things that must come to pass were not...

does that help...

Help? Certainly not. Whether or not such things as the second coming of Christ have actually come to pass yet has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not the word of God stands as confirmed. By your notions, it's NEVER been confirmed, has it?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 1:25:24 AM
At 11/28/2015 11:20:55 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 11/28/2015 11:02:22 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Yes i believe the gospel is being preached as for the gifts, signs and miracles, who knows , hearts might be changed, eyes open, people get saved...

who knows what God can do...

Since when do the bible stories refer to a change of heart or a person converting to a religion as a miracle?

There is nothing miraculous about a change of heart or people converting from one belief to another. People change their minds and attitudes all the time.
Do you think it is a miracle when a believer has a change of heart due to their eyes being opened to the fact that God is a mythical character and the result is their conversion to being an unbeliever in the mythical God? They end up being saved from the false doctrines which religions teach.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 4:41:45 AM
EE: Is it a miracle that few dare to face me as most are confused by and afraid of the honest truth that exposes the deceptions and lies called good?

I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Where I AM, there you may be also,

if you choose to grow up and leave the childish ways behind you.

Want a sign?

just follow the yellow brick road until you reach the scarecrow.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 5:23:45 AM
At 11/29/2015 4:41:45 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
EE: Is it a miracle that few dare to face me as most are confused by and afraid of the honest truth that exposes the deceptions and lies called good?

I wouldn't call it a miracle. I would call it a SIGN that they cannot comprehend what on earth you are talking about.

I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Where I AM, there you may be also,

I AM always where I AM.

if you choose to grow up and leave the childish ways behind you.

Want a sign?

just follow the yellow brick road until you reach the scarecrow.

The scarecrows you are attempting to communicate with cannot comprehend what you are saying since they lack the brains to understand they are the scarecrow.

They can spend their lives searching for themselves on the yellow brick road and never find themselves. That is why they hope to find themselves in their new life after they die.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 7:03:30 AM
they can be amusing in their varied yet vague ways.

it is a miracle for them that we of the few bother with them in the first place.

that confuses them as to WHY even when they are told clearly enough.

you sure did find a interesting sand pit to play in.

it is as interesting in it's own way as the BIG head forums we visited in the past were.

about the only difference is that this forum seems to have a great lack of any "real" BIG heads, just make believe and pretend wanna bees and religious flies.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2015 10:18:01 AM
At 11/28/2015 11:52:17 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 11/28/2015 10:36:34 PM, graceofgod wrote:

does that help...

Help? Certainly not. Whether or not such things as the second coming of Christ have actually come to pass yet has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not the word of God stands as confirmed. By your notions, it's NEVER been confirmed, has it?

On the contrary the signs and wonders and gifts should always be present when the word of God is preached, they still should be, they should not have ceased and have not ceased...

Looking at it your way this "confirmed" thing you have going, for the word to be confirmed it appears that every part of the written word must be completed or it cannot stand "confirmed", I think that is what you are saying, which is impossible as everything the bible speaks of in prophecy clearly has not come to pass....