Jump to topic:

What is God's for which many pray?

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 12:56:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sorry but I am going to cheat here and copy and past it direct from http://www.jw.org...

What Is the Kingdom of God?

Would you say it is . . .

something within your heart?

a figure of speech?

a government in heaven?

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS
"The God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed.""Daniel 2:44, New World Translation.

"A son has been given to us; and the government will rest on his shoulder.""Isaiah 9:6; footnote.

WHAT THAT CAN MEAN FOR YOU
A righteous government that can benefit you personally."Isaiah 48:17, 18.
In a coming new world, life in perfect health and happiness."Revelation 21:3, 4.
People gardening and enjoying life on a paradise earth under God"s Kingdom

CAN WE REALLY BELIEVE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS?

Yes, for at least two reasons:

Jesus showed what God"s Kingdom will accomplish. Jesus taught his followers to pray for God"s Kingdom to come and for God"s will to be done on earth. (Matthew 6:9, 10) Jesus demonstrated how that prayer will be answered.

While on earth, Jesus fed the hungry, healed the sick, and restored life to the dead! (Matthew 15:29-38; John 11:38-44) As the future Ruler of God"s Kingdom, Jesus provided a beautiful preview of what that Kingdom will do for its subjects."Revelation 11:15.

World conditions confirm that God"s Kingdom will soon come. Jesus foretold that just before the Kingdom brings peace to the earth, our world would be plagued with wars, famines, and earthquakes."Matthew 24:3, 7.

We see those very conditions today. So we can be confident that God"s Kingdom will soon bring an end to all such problems.

What will life be like under the rule of God"s Kingdom?

The Bible answers that question at PSALM 37:29 and ISAIAH 65:21-23.

If you follow the link at the start of this post you will see other links leading to further answers.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 2:19:44 AM
At 12/1/2015 12:56:07 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Sorry but I am going to cheat here and copy and past it direct from http://www.jw.org...

a figure of speech?

a government in heaven?

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS
"The God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed.""Daniel 2:44, New World Translation.

.... says nothing about the nature of the kingdom.

"A son has been given to us; and the government will rest on his shoulder.""Isaiah 9:6; footnote.

.... and again says not a word about the nature of the kingdom, but yet "rest on his shoulder" would be a figure of speech.

In a coming new world, life in perfect health and happiness."Revelation 21:3, 4.

You quoted passages that do not say a word about the nature of this promised kingdom, then run to the figurative language of Revelation?

Jesus showed what God"s Kingdom will accomplish. Jesus taught his followers to pray for God"s Kingdom to come and for God"s will to be done on earth. (Matthew 6:9, 10) Jesus demonstrated how that prayer will be answered.

The passage says nothing at all about what the promised kingdom of God would accomplish.

While on earth, Jesus fed the hungry, healed the sick, and restored life to the dead! (Matthew 15:29-38; John 11:38-44) As the future Ruler of God"s Kingdom, Jesus provided a beautiful preview of what that Kingdom will do for its subjects."Revelation 11:15.

Again, an excursion to the flowery and figurative language of the Apocalypse. You just can't keep a JW from speculating on Revelation, can you?

World conditions confirm that God"s Kingdom will soon come. Jesus foretold that just before the Kingdom brings peace to the earth, our world would be plagued with wars, famines, and earthquakes."Matthew 24:3, 7.

Oh, no! Paul was in the kingdom of the Son. The Colossians were in it. John was in it. The first readers of Revelation were in it. And you are still analyzing world conditions and informing us that NO ONE is now in it. It's coming soon though, isn't it?

As Paul and John. They were citizens of it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 3:54:56 AM

a figure of speech?

a government in heaven?

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 7:02:10 PM
At 12/2/2015 2:19:44 AM, annanicole wrote:

a figure of speech?

a government in heaven?

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

.... and again says not a word about the nature of the kingdom, but yet "rest on his shoulder" would be a figure of speech.

You quoted passages that do not say a word about the nature of this promised kingdom, then run to the figurative language of Revelation?

The passage says nothing at all about what the promised kingdom of God would accomplish.

Again, an excursion to the flowery and figurative language of the Apocalypse. You just can't keep a JW from speculating on Revelation, can you?

Oh, no! Paul was in the kingdom of the Son. The Colossians were in it. John was in it. The first readers of Revelation were in it. And you are still analyzing world conditions and informing us that NO ONE is now in it. It's coming soon though, isn't it?

As am I.

We all know you have no wish to know what the Kingdom is outside of your rather wishy washy idea of it. But it will come and will cause Jehovah's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven, in other words universally, by all on the earth.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 7:41:11 PM
At 12/2/2015 7:02:10 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/2/2015 2:19:44 AM, annanicole wrote:

a figure of speech?

a government in heaven?

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS

As am I.

We all know you have no wish to know what the Kingdom is outside of your rather wishy washy idea of it. But it will come and will cause Jehovah's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven, in other words universally, by all on the earth.

You're in it, and Paul and John were in it - yet it will come? LMAO. Tell us, "EXACTLY when did this kingdom promised as "at hand" and "near" back in the first century actually GET HERE?" Can you do that? Once you do, could you explain how Paul and John were in it?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."