Jump to topic:

The Issue of Yahweh and Lucifer

Berend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 11:04:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Really, the point of this is to hear what others think and what they feel on the idea of Lucifer and Yahweh from the Abrahamic mythos.

What I wish to throw out, and I believe many others have noticed, is this:

Lucifer himself is all powerful, everywhere, and powerful enough to rival the 'all powerful'. Thoughts on that claim, go. (I'm heading to work, so I really don't have much time to type this completely up.)
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 2:42:12 AM
At 12/2/2015 11:04:46 PM, Berend wrote:
Really, the point of this is to hear what others think and what they feel on the idea of Lucifer and Yahweh from the Abrahamic mythos.

Lucifer himself is all powerful, everywhere, and powerful enough to rival the 'all powerful'. Thoughts on that claim, go. (I'm heading to work, so I really don't have much time to type this completely up.)

Both Yahweh and Lucifer represent Light.
They represent opposite aspects of the same light.

That light represents knowledge and understanding as in the idiom " to see the light "

Light has the ability to cause people to see/understand things and also has the ability to blind them. Hence the opposite aspects being personified as good and evil. One brings light and the other brings darkness.

The more we learn, the more we come to understand that we don't know much at all. Hence revelation (light) enlightens us to our own stupidity and ignorance ( darkness).

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Winged_Star
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:53:56 PM

There is no being known as Lucifer in the Bible.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 7:35:28 PM
Lucifer himself is all powerful, everywhere,

On what basis Lucifer is all powerful and everywhere?
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 5:38:18 AM
At 12/3/2015 2:42:12 AM, Skyangel wrote:

That light represents knowledge and understanding as in the idiom " to see the light "

Light has the ability to cause people to see/understand things and also has the ability to blind them. Hence the opposite aspects being personified as good and evil. One brings light and the other brings darkness.

The more we learn, the more we come to understand that we don't know much at all. Hence revelation (light) enlightens us to our own stupidity and ignorance ( darkness).

There is no bearer of light as you call Lucifer. There is only one Yahweh all existing and flows through all things. He is the light of lights, the energy of all energy he is the source of life without him there is darkness. Now we both know darkness exist but we also know that light rules over darkness in the morning in at night even when you turn on your lights. Now if you worship a being that pulls you away from Yahweh then as we can tell from earlier you will be on the trails of darkness. However longs as you got light or life in your soul you don't have to worry about the darkness but some beings you may call light or Lucifer can fool you until you are trapped in that darkness either within yourself ( like when a person goes crazy or loses there mind, they are trapped within their on body) or when you die ( my aunt had a near death experience in she said the only thing she saw was a darkness that could not be explained a darkness that felt dark and freezing cold) Yahweh is a name but the creator we truly don't understand or know.
Berend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 6:42:05 AM
At 12/3/2015 4:53:56 PM, Winged_Star wrote:

You obviously know who I'm talking about and trying to make a meaningless correction.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 9:38:22 AM

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Is the above scripture referring to a being known as Lucifer?
Is that scripture not in your bible? ( KJV)
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 9:53:44 AM
At 12/4/2015 5:38:18 AM, question4u wrote:

There is no bearer of light as you call Lucifer.
There is only one Yahweh all existing and flows through all things. He is the light of lights, the energy of all energy he is the source of life without him there is darkness. Now we both know darkness exist but we also know that light rules over darkness in the morning in at night even when you turn on your lights. Now if you worship a being that pulls you away from Yahweh then as we can tell from earlier you will be on the trails of darkness. However longs as you got light or life in your soul you don't have to worry about the darkness but some beings you may call light or Lucifer can fool you until you are trapped in that darkness either within yourself ( like when a person goes crazy or loses there mind, they are trapped within their on body) or when you die ( my aunt had a near death experience in she said the only thing she saw was a darkness that could not be explained a darkness that felt dark and freezing cold) Yahweh is a name but the creator we truly don't understand or know.

Are you suggesting "the son of the morning" ( Isaiah 14:12) is not a bearer of light?
If so how do you explain scriptures like....
2 Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Psalm 139 :11-12 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Both alike?

Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

Matt 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Luke 11:35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

How can light be darkness?

Light is everywhere. Darkness is an illusion created by light which could be so strong that it blinds human vision so all they see is darkness instead of light.
question4u
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 12:41:32 AM
At 12/4/2015 9:53:44 AM, Skyangel wrote:

There is only one Yahweh all existing and flows through all things. He is the light of lights, the energy of all energy he is the source of life without him there is darkness. Now we both know darkness exist but we also know that light rules over darkness in the morning in at night even when you turn on your lights. Now if you worship a being that pulls you away from Yahweh then as we can tell from earlier you will be on the trails of darkness. However longs as you got light or life in your soul you don't have to worry about the darkness but some beings you may call light or Lucifer can fool you until you are trapped in that darkness either within yourself ( like when a person goes crazy or loses there mind, they are trapped within their on body) or when you die ( my aunt had a near death experience in she said the only thing she saw was a darkness that could not be explained a darkness that felt dark and freezing cold) Yahweh is a name but the creator we truly don't understand or know.

Are you suggesting "the son of the morning" ( Isaiah 14:12) is not a bearer of light?
2 Cor 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Psalm 139 :11-12 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

Both alike?

Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

Matt 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Light is everywhere. Darkness is an illusion created by light which could be so strong that it blinds human vision so all they see is darkness instead of light.

Are you saying the name of Lucifer is the same as Satan. Are they the same entity?
Winged_Star
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 12:42:35 AM
At 12/4/2015 9:38:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Isaiah 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

It's a title, as it always has been, and here references the Babylonian king. Jesus later refers even to himself as "the bright morning star" in revelations, another name of Lucifer.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 2:33:08 AM
At 12/5/2015 12:41:32 AM, question4u wrote:
At 12/4/2015 9:53:44 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Both alike?

Are you saying the name of Lucifer is the same as Satan. Are they the same entity?

Yes, same entity, different labels portraying different aspects of the entity.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 3:06:56 AM
At 12/5/2015 12:42:35 AM, Winged_Star wrote:
At 12/4/2015 9:38:22 AM, Skyangel wrote:

It's a title, as it always has been, and here references the Babylonian king. Jesus later refers even to himself as "the bright morning star" in revelations, another name of Lucifer.

Correct.
Same entity with different labels, titles or names attached to it.

http://www.apocalypseangel.com...
"It is king Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon who embodies the great villain position of Satan in the bible."

The Jesus character also embodies that same position. He is the angel which fell from heaven or came from heaven and was made sin or made sinful...

2 Cor 5 :21 For he ( God ) hath made him ( Jesus, Righteousness, Goodness) to be sin ( Devil, unrighteousness, Evil ) for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

The character on the cross embodied sin, evil, unrighteousness, the devil, in order to crucify it..
The crucifixion represents the crucifixion of sin, evil and all unrighteousness.

Deut 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

2 Ch 25:4 But he slew not their children, but did as it is written in the law in the book of Moses, where the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not die for the children, neither shall the children die for the fathers, but every man shall die for his own sin.

http://www.whatjewsbelieve.org...

"The Bible is clear, and it is consistent: one person cannot die for the sins of another. In other words, the sins committed by one person cannot be wiped out by the punishment given to another"