Jump to topic:

Free will 'abused'?

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 11:06:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For the purpose of this thread, I am assuming the existence of the Christian god and that he has given free will.

Free will - the ability to make choices without any prior prejudice, inclination, or disposition.

http://www.theopedia.com...

I saw another poster state:

"yes certain perverts chose for themselves a way of life contrary to their design... sexual perversity over rides the true nature of the person..

God allows free will... some abuse that privilege .."

Overlooking the obvious misconceptions about homosexuality (let's not get into that), I immediately wondered if free will can be abused, and if so, how? Thoughts?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 3:01:43 AM
At 12/2/2015 11:06:10 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
For the purpose of this thread, I am assuming the existence of the Christian god and that he has given free will.

Free will - the ability to make choices without any prior prejudice, inclination, or disposition.

"yes certain perverts chose for themselves a way of life contrary to their design... sexual perversity over rides the true nature of the person..

Overlooking the obvious misconceptions about homosexuality (let's not get into that), I immediately wondered if free will can be abused, and if so, how? Thoughts?

Free will or choice cannot be abused if it is truly free.

However we need to ask in what way is human will or choice free?
Free from what ?

Free from doing what you want to do ?

Free from doing what others want you to do?

Free from consequences of actions ?

Free in the sense that no one had to pay to have a will or choice ?
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 3:17:39 AM

It's not license. It's free will. Killers have free will. Are they abusing this privilege? I would say yes. What about you?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:21:39 AM
At 12/3/2015 3:17:39 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

It's not license. It's free will. Killers have free will. Are they abusing this privilege? I would say yes. What about you?

Is free will a privilege or a right?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

Toad-Uoff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:28:58 AM
At 12/3/2015 3:01:43 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Free will or choice cannot be abused if it is truly free.

However we need to ask in what way is human will or choice free?
Free from what ?

Free from doing what you want to do ?

Free from doing what others want you to do?

Free from consequences of actions ?

Free in the sense that no one had to pay to have a will or choice ?

The first statement is all you had to say, then just simply point out that the only time "Free Will" is ever abused is when it doesn't exist, because it was stolen from you by government and society, via their Moral-Majority Laws shoving their Opinion down everyone's throat. That's when sHiTe happens!

"Order, via Control, breeds Chaos but Control, via Order, isn't Control." - Old Toad Proverb (aka: Open System Law of Order)

If the governments were to PROPERLY educate EVERYONE, there would be no need to CONTROL the pHuck out of any of us but because the Ruling Social Class has to have Servants, the rest pay the price.

http://i67.tinypic.com...

Ribbit :)
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:31:30 AM
At 12/3/2015 4:21:39 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

What's the difference between privilege and right?

To me they are the same.
Toad-Uoff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:44:31 AM

You say that because you blame not SourCe, which is atypical Parentalism, which is Nazism in the home.

Lawyer is the SourCe of ALL Politics!

Politics is the SourCe of ALL Evil in government.

The Lawyer IN government, to include the Benches, is the SourCe of ALL Evil in government.

Government is the Creator of ALL Criminals!

Parents are the Creator of ALL Bullies!

http://i65.tinypic.com...

"Ignorance does kNot SourCe from a lack of kn0wledge, instead, it SourCes from a lack of proper logic, commonly known as Common Sense." - Old Toad Proverb (aka: Open System Law of Common Sense)

"The greater the entropy of a government, the greater its People have been enslaved." " Old Toad Proverb

"A comfortable government is a government that is guaranteed to have enslaved its People." " Old Toad Proverb

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:45:51 AM
At 12/3/2015 4:31:30 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

To me they are the same.

A privilege can be taken away.

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:47:04 AM
At 12/3/2015 4:45:51 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

To me they are the same.

Do you think the right to vote or free speech can not be?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:49:04 AM
At 12/3/2015 4:47:04 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

To me they are the same.

We're not talking about government of humans, we're talking about a perfect god, correct? Is free will a privilege or a right?

Toad-Uoff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 4:53:22 AM

To me they are the same.

Privilege = it can be taken from you and kept or given back altered or unaltered.

Right = it can't be taken from you without you being ignorant as pHucK.

You are clearly ignorant as pHucK, since you don't know the difference between the two, so it's obvious your government has stolen your Free Will from eWe.

'nuff said.

"You have the Right to Remain Silent so when you Open your mouth Publicly, you forgo that Right and in doing so, you better the odds that more peeps will know you're an idiot, than just eWe alone." - Old Toad Proverb

Toad-Uoff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 5:01:49 AM
At 12/3/2015 4:49:04 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

To me they are the same.

We're not talking about government of humans, we're talking about a perfect god, correct? Is free will a privilege or a right?

Do you speak English?

I FULLY explained what HAPPENS WHEN YOUR GOVRNMENT STEALS YOUR FREE WILL FROM YOU!

ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!

"Order, via Control, breeds Chaos but Control, via Order, isn"t Control." - Old Toad Proverb

Do you not understand what that OTP says? Do you speak English? Do you know about the Controlled Chaos Experiments?

Do you understand anything, besides the bullsHiTe the Lawyers taught you in skewl?

"Lessor minds only quote others." - Old Toad Proverbs

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 5:07:40 AM
At 12/3/2015 5:01:49 AM, Toad-Uoff wrote:

To me they are the same.

Do you speak English?

I FULLY explained what HAPPENS WHEN YOUR GOVRNMENT STEALS YOUR FREE WILL FROM YOU!

ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!

"Order, via Control, breeds Chaos but Control, via Order, isn"t Control." - Old Toad Proverb

Do you not understand what that OTP says? Do you speak English? Do you know about the Controlled Chaos Experiments?

Do you understand anything, besides the bullsHiTe the Lawyers taught you in skewl?

No hablo loco. Disculpas.

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 5:13:50 AM

To me they are the same.

god could remove either so I don't understand the difference. Are you saying if free will can not be taken away then it is a "right"?
Toad-Uoff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 5:18:45 AM
At 12/3/2015 5:07:40 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

To me they are the same.

Do you speak English?

ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!

You just violated one of the quotes on your signature line. :o

You just fed a troll. :p

"Reality is the Zer0 beHind all 0pp0sites and Zer0 is the Reality beHind all 0pp0sites, creating the perfect 0pp0sing blends from which each perpetually unwinds inversely into the 0ther." - Old Toad Proverb (aka: Mathematical Law of zEr0ality)

Ribbit :D
Toad-Uoff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 5:22:46 AM
At 12/3/2015 5:13:50 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

To me they are the same.

god could remove either so I don't understand the difference. Are you saying if free will can not be taken away then it is a "right"?

I see you need your signature explained to you.

"Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. - George Washington"

Religious Principle = COMMON SENSE

Duh!

'nuff said!

Toad-Uoff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 5:33:55 AM
At 12/3/2015 5:22:46 AM, Toad-Uoff wrote:
I see you need your signature explained to you.

"Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. - George Washington"

Religious Principle = COMMON SENSE

Duh!

'nuff said!

Ps: If George would have said "religious principles" that would not qualify as COMMON SENSE, it would qualify as Religion but because George used the singularity of "principle" that means COMMON SENSE instead.

"Start with bad math, end with bad math, irregardless the answer." - Old Toad Proverb

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 5:52:04 AM
At 12/3/2015 5:13:50 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

To me they are the same.

Assuming that god is omniscient and competent, Jesus should have never been sacrificed if free will is temporary.

dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 10:47:10 AM

It depends on your perspective. One could say because it's a gift from God, it's a privilege. Or, because He promised it, you're entitled to it.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 10:48:28 AM
At 12/3/2015 4:44:31 AM, Toad-Uoff wrote:

You say that because you blame not SourCe, which is atypical Parentalism, which is Nazism in the home.

Lawyer is the SourCe of ALL Politics!

Politics is the SourCe of ALL Evil in government.

The Lawyer IN government, to include the Benches, is the SourCe of ALL Evil in government.

Government is the Creator of ALL Criminals!

Parents are the Creator of ALL Bullies!

http://i65.tinypic.com...

"Ignorance does kNot SourCe from a lack of kn0wledge, instead, it SourCes from a lack of proper logic, commonly known as Common Sense." - Old Toad Proverb (aka: Open System Law of Common Sense)

"The greater the entropy of a government, the greater its People have been enslaved." " Old Toad Proverb

"A comfortable government is a government that is guaranteed to have enslaved its People." " Old Toad Proverb

Gibberish
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 11:05:19 AM

Of course it can.

What is the abuse of something?

To any reasoning person, abuse is the use of something in a way or for a purpose for which it was not intended.

By that definition, the use of free will in any way which is detrimental to the common good is abuse, since Jehovah gave us free will and trusted us to use it wisely for the benefit of all his creation.

Since humans are using their free will in so many ways which are harmful to the common good, in small or large ways, also in self-serving ways, we are definitely guilty, individually and collectively, of abusing free will.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 11:47:41 AM
At 12/3/2015 11:05:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Of course it can.

To any reasoning person, abuse is the use of something in a way or for a purpose for which it was not intended.

By that definition, the use of free will in any way which is detrimental to the common good is abuse, since Jehovah gave us free will and trusted us to use it wisely for the benefit of all his creation.

Since humans are using their free will in so many ways which are harmful to the common good, in small or large ways, also in self-serving ways, we are definitely guilty, individually and collectively, of abusing free will.

Madman, I didn't read your post because you have have claimed incessantly that you don't use your brain, you rely on your gods brain.
Ergo you don't have free will and are therefore unqualified to comment.
Go and suck a governing body. LMFAO
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 12:49:00 PM
At 12/3/2015 5:07:40 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

To me they are the same.

Do you speak English?

ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!

lol
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 1:08:42 PM

Do you mean soldiers and executioners?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 2:29:09 PM
At 12/3/2015 10:47:10 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

It depends on your perspective. One could say because it's a gift from God, it's a privilege. Or, because He promised it, you're entitled to it.

If I give or promise you something, is it okay for me to come back later and take it away?

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 2:42:40 PM
At 12/3/2015 11:05:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Of course it can.

How was free will intended?

By that definition, the use of free will in any way which is detrimental to the common good is abuse.

There is no such implicit stipulation on gifts or promises. Certainly, they can be taken for granted, but using them as you see fit is part of the deal.

dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 5:05:44 PM
At 12/3/2015 2:29:09 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

If I give or promise you something, is it okay for me to come back later and take it away?

If you didn't promise I could have it always, yes.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 5:07:38 PM
At 12/3/2015 1:08:42 PM, desmac wrote:

Do you mean soldiers and executioners?

Soldiers intention is self preservation, so no. Executioners, yes. Now, are you planning on answering my question?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 5:17:32 PM

Skepticalone Good to meet you..
You cannot LOVE with out the freedom to choose to love! God cannot force anyone to "Love" otherwise the love would not be true love!

When God made man in his image he had to allow "Free will" at the very same time.

>>> God IS Love<<<
Man is made in his image.... Pigs, Dogs, sheep, snails etc... are not made in God' image... They cannot love and they cannot hate!

Dogknox
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2015 5:30:24 PM
At 12/3/2015 5:05:44 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 12/3/2015 2:29:09 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

If you didn't promise I could have it always, yes.

It seems to me 'always' is implied unless otherwise stated. We don't take back our promises unless they meant nothing to begin with.