Jump to topic:

Six day creation

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:42:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is mainly between theistic evolutionists and young earth creationists like me. I contend that the Bible says that its was six literal 24 hour (take away a hour or two because the earth is slowing down) days.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:45:39 AM
At 12/4/2015 1:42:31 AM, Maccabee wrote:
This is mainly between theistic evolutionists and young earth creationists like me. I contend that the Bible says that its was six literal 24 hour (take away a hour or two because the earth is slowing down) days.

I agree thats what the bible says, but why do you believe it?
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 1:49:42 AM
At 12/4/2015 1:45:39 AM, janesix wrote:

Because after wading through the truth that's what you come to. There is evidence of a young earth first of all. There is evidence of a creator too. And Christianity is the religion that is right. All other religions that worship deferent gods have major flaws. That's the jist of it basically.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:01:34 AM
At 12/4/2015 1:49:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Because after wading through the truth that's what you come to. There is evidence of a young earth first of all. There is evidence of a creator too. And Christianity is the religion that is right. All other religions that worship deferent gods have major flaws. That's the jist of it basically.

What is your evidence of a creator?
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:24:10 AM
Reference my "debate":
http://www.debate.org...

It was a full forfeiture by my opponent, but my opening argument says it all.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:37:12 AM
At 12/4/2015 2:01:34 AM, janesix wrote:
At 12/4/2015 1:49:42 AM, Maccabee wrote:

What is your evidence of a creator?

Well first off, this is for people who already believe.
Second, to answer your question, the golden meme ratio and the DNA code is pretty good evidences.

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:42:02 AM
At 12/4/2015 2:24:10 AM, tstor wrote:
Reference my "debate":

Man, I think you blew him out of the water, sweetly in Christian love of course :)

tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:44:25 AM
At 12/4/2015 2:42:02 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Reference my "debate":

Man, I think you blew him out of the water, sweetly in Christian love of course :)
Yeah, a lot of people think there is only one type of literal creation interpretation. I wanted to set the record straight. Good luck in any discussion on this forum. You will be swamped by specific users whenever it comes to a topic like this. I will not name them, but you will find out soon enough.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 3:11:06 AM
At 12/4/2015 2:44:25 AM, tstor wrote:
At 12/4/2015 2:42:02 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Reference my "debate":

Yeah, a lot of people think there is only one type of literal creation interpretation. I wanted to set the record straight. Good luck in any discussion on this forum. You will be swamped by specific users whenever it comes to a topic like this. I will not name them, but you will find out soon enough.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been clashing heads with a few if them already for a while now.