Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I believe it's true Musn't I share it with u?

GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 10:58:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Atheists tend to get angry at Christians for sharing their faith. But think about it. If they truely believe it is true and choose to share it with you while you are degrading them, some of them must genuinely care for you despite not really knowing you. Wouldn't they have to truely and deeply have to hate you to not shsre it with you if they do believe it to be true?
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 12:36:04 AM
At 12/4/2015 10:58:46 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Atheists tend to get angry at Christians for sharing their faith. But think about it. If they truely believe it is true and choose to share it with you while you are degrading them, some of them must genuinely care for you despite not really knowing you. Wouldn't they have to truely and deeply have to hate you to not shsre it with you if they do believe it to be true?

What do you expect from people? You believe what you believe because you believe it. It doesn't make it the truth. It's true to you in your present consciousness. I have been approached by teenagers on the street trying to tell me the so called truth. Yes, a kid who hasn't lived that long is so intuned that they can tell me the truth. If you have stopped searching because you've found Jesus or some other religion, you've given up.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 1:24:20 AM

Most people have heard of jesus and hell, so why do you think your testimony will make them change their minds? As for those who havent heard, will god send them to hell for not believing? I personally dont want any part of that type of merciless god.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 2:22:18 AM
At 12/5/2015 1:24:20 AM, janesix wrote:

Most people have heard of jesus and hell, so why do you think your testimony will make them change their minds? As for those who havent heard, will god send them to hell for not believing? I personally dont want any part of that type of merciless god.

Almost every one including myself who doesn't believe in the give your life to Jesus or go to he'll bull crap says at one time. What if they're right? Of course they're not right. God loves it's creations. Zealot Christians can't logically back up their contention. Many come to Jesus out of fear, not love. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at the big grin on a born again's face when they tell me I'm probably going to hell but they'll be with Jesus.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 3:37:33 AM

On the other hand Christians get angry and frustrated at Atheists for sharing their belief that all gods are mythical. But think about it. If they truly believe it is true and choose to share it with Christians while those theists degrade them, some of them must genuinely care for those theists despite not really knowing them. Wouldn't they have to truly and deeply have to hate them to not share what believe to be true?

The principle works the same both ways.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 4:46:53 AM
Wouldn't they have to truely and deeply have to hate you to not shsre it with you if they do believe it to be true?

No. Converting others to a position that cannot be held other than by faith is fundamentally a narcissistic act, since each convert legitimises and helps normalise a faith constantly seeking legitimacy and normality absent compelling independent evidence.

To 'share' such information without first examining it for ignorance, error and blind self-interest using best practice methods for detecting same is an act of disrespect for every non-believer you preach to, atheist or no.

The only 'must' required in sharing belief is to first rid it of the false, fatuous and self-serving, so your ignorance, conceit and laziness do no harm to others.

Yet I've never seen a proselyte, in this forum or elsewhere, actually do this, or even realise why they should. Consequently as an atheist I find myself able to help proselytes far more ethically and intellectually than they can help me metaphysically.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 4:56:15 AM
At 12/5/2015 4:46:53 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
Wouldn't they have to truely and deeply have to hate you to not shsre it with you if they do believe it to be true?

No. Converting others to a position that cannot be held other than by faith is fundamentally a narcissistic act, since each convert legitimises and helps normalise a faith constantly seeking legitimacy and normality absent compelling independent evidence.

To 'share' such information without first examining it for ignorance, error and blind self-interest using best practice methods for detecting same is an act of disrespect for every non-believer you preach to, atheist or no.

The only 'must' required in sharing belief is to first rid it of the false, fatuous and self-serving, so your ignorance, conceit and laziness do no harm to others.

Yet I've never seen a proselyte, in this forum or elsewhere, actually do this, or even realise why they should. Consequently as an atheist I find myself able to help proselytes far more ethically and intellectually than they can help me metaphysically.

God keeps answering my prayers and Biblical prophecies are coming true as we speak. Someone is blind. That part is true.
Berend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 4:58:40 AM

No, because most of the world knows of the Christian faith. There's no reason to share it. I don't care if you truly believe it. If you truly believe it, then you truly believe in a God who knows everything and is all powerful. In which case, there's no reason to share your faith. Not only is it rude and annoying, but if they're wrong, and they are genuine and justified in their belief, your God will know and has no reason to have you share it, as they will know and meet him after death.

You can play with your toys. But don't except me to play with it. I don't want to know what toys you have and I will not play with them, nor my family or children. If you want to play with them, than do so. Keep it to yourself.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:00:41 AM

Atheists do not get angry at Christians for sharing their faith. We get angry for:
1. The way we are talked down to as if we are scum of the earth because a book says so
2. The way Christians subject us to a barrage of baseless preaching about a subject that many of us have spent many years contemplating
3. The way Christians attempt to write a completely unsupported assertion into law because some guy wrote it down in a book 2,000 years ago after hearing voices in his head
4. The way Christians ignore what hundreds of years of critical thought and careful examination of the world we live in has taught us about the universe
5. The way Christians claim we are angry because they merely share their beliefs.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:02:49 AM
At 12/5/2015 5:00:41 AM, Double_R wrote:

Atheists do not get angry at Christians for sharing their faith. We get angry for:
1. The way we are talked down to as if we are scum of the earth because a book says so
2. The way Christians subject us to a barrage of baseless preaching about a subject that many of us have spent many years contemplating
3. The way Christians attempt to write a completely unsupported assertion into law because some guy wrote it down in a book 2,000 years ago after hearing voices in his head
4. The way Christians ignore what hundreds of years of critical thought and careful examination of the world we live in has taught us about the universe
5. The way Christians claim we are angry because they merely share their beliefs.

Typical Liberal. Blame anyone but yourself. I remember forcing you into a religious forum to "oppress you". You can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:04:34 AM
At 12/5/2015 4:58:40 AM, Berend wrote:

No, because most of the world knows of the Christian faith. There's no reason to share it. I don't care if you truly believe it. If you truly believe it, then you truly believe in a God who knows everything and is all powerful. In which case, there's no reason to share your faith. Not only is it rude and annoying, but if they're wrong, and they are genuine and justified in their belief, your God will know and has no reason to have you share it, as they will know and meet him after death.

You can play with your toys. But don't except me to play with it. I don't want to know what toys you have and I will not play with them, nor my family or children. If you want to play with them, than do so. Keep it to yourself.

Okay. What is the Christian faith and what your advocacy against it?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:06:14 AM
At 12/5/2015 5:02:49 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Typical Liberal. Blame anyone but yourself. I remember forcing you into a religious forum to "oppress you". You can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Could you explain how the statement "blame anyone but yourself" has any relevance to what I just said?

And as a bonus I would love to know what is this "religious oppression" you seem to remember...
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:08:03 AM

I see Atheists misquote, misrepresent, and fully change Biblical concepts into ideas that no Christians follow ir believe constantly on here. I'm pretty much obligated ethically to challenge that.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:08:59 AM

What does the Bible say about Hell and who goes there?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:10:15 AM

God/Christ commanded us to share it. His command not mine.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:12:43 AM
At 12/5/2015 5:06:14 AM, Double_R wrote:

Could you explain how the statement "blame anyone but yourself" has any relevance to what I just said?

And as a bonus I would love to know what is this "religious oppression" you seem to remember...

So Christians are talking down to you in real life? First off you would have to share your faith(which is what you think I should not do), for them to even know to "talk down to you".
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:15:03 AM

And if you are seriously being "talked down to" on this forum it's because well...you chose to come into a religious debate forum and wait fir it...share your beliefs. No one made you share. You chose to.
Berend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:18:52 AM
At 12/5/2015 5:04:34 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Okay. What is the Christian faith and what your advocacy against it?

You know what the Christian faith is, as you're one. As for what gains you get, that is moot and besides the point of the question/statement to which I addressed.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:19:57 AM
At 12/5/2015 5:12:43 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

So Christians are talking down to you in real life? First off you would have to share your faith(which is what you think I should not do), for them to even know to "talk down to you".

My comments were generic, not personal. Atheists get talked down to in this manner all the time.

Would you care to address my question?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:21:34 AM
At 12/5/2015 5:15:03 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

And if you are seriously being "talked down to" on this forum it's because well...you chose to come into a religious debate forum and wait fir it...share your beliefs. No one made you share. You chose to.

I'm not talking about this forum.

Wow. Do you really think I "can't take the heat" of this forum? lol
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 10:19:23 AM
At 12/5/2015 4:56:15 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

God keeps answering my prayers and Biblical prophecies are coming true as we speak. Someone is blind. That part is true.

If god keeps answering your prayers, can you please ask her for world peace and a cure for cancer. Many thanks,
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 10:57:32 AM
At 12/5/2015 4:56:15 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

67% of the world finds strong reason to reject your faith, but you're still so infatuated with your own importance that you think the banal facts of your corrupt belief should single you out to be thanked for indulging your vanity?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 3:12:42 PM
At 12/5/2015 5:10:15 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Atheists tend to get angry at Christians for sharing their faith.

That is incorrect, God commands to spread the gospel, not your faith.

And, since there no books for everyone to read long ago, word of mouth was the medium of which to spread the gospel. However nowadays, we have books, such as the Bible, hence God's command has now been fulfilled with the Bible, therefore there is no need for anyone to share anything, we all have access to Bibles.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 5:04:53 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/5/2015 3:12:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

And, since there no books for everyone to read long ago, word of mouth was the medium of which to spread the gospel. However nowadays, we have books, such as the Bible, hence God's command has now been fulfilled with the Bible, therefore there is no need for anyone to share anything, we all have access to Bibles.

Okay. Tell me why Christians don't sacrifice animals nor do the Jews? And how might one become saved?
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 5:07:57 AM

And danaje gets caught falsifying again.

"Be prepared with your defense of the gospel".

Look it up.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 5:36:07 AM

Prove it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Berend
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 7:40:54 AM

Then he's not all powerful and knowing. But that's neither here nor there. And, still, I don't care. Keep it to yourself. This "Christ said" is nonsense. Think for yourself. You never saw Jesus back 2000 years ago. The entire story isn't the most logical, purely grandiose thing ever. Islam says the same. Other religions have preached the same on "fishing for men". just keep it to yourself. People will find out when they die. This "spread the word" has caused child indoctrination, which I'm highly against and find to be a bane of society from the religious.

God also commanded Abraham to kill his son. Would you do it because you think you hear God saying to do it? No, you wouldn't.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 8:37:29 AM

Just because someone believes something to be true, doesn't mean it is if there is no supporting evidence, which there isn't where religion is concerned.

Obviously if a non believer wishes to discuss religion with someone of faith that is fine, if they don't then it should not be forced down their throat!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 2:20:47 PM
At 12/6/2015 5:04:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Okay. Tell me why Christians don't sacrifice animals nor do the Jews? And how might one become saved?

So essentially, you're asking me to look that up in the Bible. Easy peasy. Just look it up.

"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, 'Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!'" (John 1:29 NIV).

Jesus allowed Himself to be put to death so that His holy blood could cleanse us. The sacrifice Jesus made when He hung on the tree is the final sacrifice and no other is needed.

The following Scriptures attest to this fact.

...But because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Such a high priest meets our need - one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.
(Heb. 7:24-27 NIV)

And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
(Heb. 10:10-14 NIV)

When Jesus Christ died on the cross, He provided salvation for all. ""And when I am lifted up on the cross, I will draw everyone to myself." He said this to indicate how he was going to die" (John 12:32-33). Salvation has been provided; it now must be accepted. Once a man or woman recognizes the need for salvation and realizes that God has provided for their salvation through Jesus Christ, he or she must go on to embrace it.

Salvation is simply a process of confessing and believing. A man must confess that Jesus is Lord, which signifies his realization that Christ must have full rule over his life with all of His righteous requirements. This confession of Christ as Lord also assumes that it is Christ who will work and fulfill His own righteousness within man.

Next, he must believe that God has raised Jesus Christ from the dead. This belief in the death and resurrection of Jesus carries with it the realization that the penalty has been paid for sin and power is provided for man to live a life free from sin. Thus man"s relationship to God is restored. "For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. As the Bible tells us, "For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved" (Romans 10:9-11). Do you feel unworthy to "go to heaven"? Peace with God is within your reach.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth