Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

I've developed a new appreciation for atheist

Benshapiro
Posts: 4,116
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 3:59:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've developed a new appreciation for atheists on DDO.

Holy sh*t. You guys are 20-40 points higher in IQ than your average atheist.

I recently decided to join an atheist group on Facebook for the purpose of debating and discussing philosophical issues and the rebutals to my arguments were absolutely embarrassingly horrendous.

Upwards of 90% of the responses that I'd received were just pictures of memes meant to mock me. The rest were mostly statements or bare assertions that had *absolutely nothing* to do with my argument (Ad Hominems) and posts that actually agreed with my argument but thought that they were disagreeing with me.

(It was a post saying that if God doesn't exist, our organs don't have functions. Functions defined as " the special purpose or activity for which a thing exists or is used").

Granted, there were about 5 atheists out of a total of 165 comments so far that've agreed with me.
annanicole
Posts: 20,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 4:01:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2015 3:59:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
I've developed a new appreciation for atheists on DDO.

Holy sh*t. You guys are 20-40 points higher in IQ than your average atheist.

I recently decided to join an atheist group on Facebook for the purpose of debating and discussing philosophical issues and the rebutals to my arguments were absolutely embarrassingly horrendous.

Upwards of 90% of the responses that I'd received were just pictures of memes meant to mock me. The rest were mostly statements or bare assertions that had *absolutely nothing* to do with my argument (Ad Hominems) and posts that actually agreed with my argument but thought that they were disagreeing with me.

(It was a post saying that if God doesn't exist, our organs don't have functions. Functions defined as " the special purpose or activity for which a thing exists or is used").

Granted, there were about 5 atheists out of a total of 165 comments so far that've agreed with me.

Well, what's the IQ of the average atheist?
Benshapiro
Posts: 4,116
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 4:03:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2015 4:01:47 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/5/2015 3:59:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
I've developed a new appreciation for atheists on DDO.

Holy sh*t. You guys are 20-40 points higher in IQ than your average atheist.

I recently decided to join an atheist group on Facebook for the purpose of debating and discussing philosophical issues and the rebutals to my arguments were absolutely embarrassingly horrendous.

Upwards of 90% of the responses that I'd received were just pictures of memes meant to mock me. The rest were mostly statements or bare assertions that had *absolutely nothing* to do with my argument (Ad Hominems) and posts that actually agreed with my argument but thought that they were disagreeing with me.

(It was a post saying that if God doesn't exist, our organs don't have functions. Functions defined as " the special purpose or activity for which a thing exists or is used").

Granted, there were about 5 atheists out of a total of 165 comments so far that've agreed with me.

Well, what's the IQ of the average atheist?

I have no idea. All I know is that it's far higher on DDO than on social media in general.
collintheboss10
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 4:06:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I agree with you, sometimes people with religious beliefs a blinded by them and disagree with things that are factual, such as Darwin's theory of evolution. Although thing might be scientifically proven to be true with a out a shadow of a doubt, people ignore this in favor of a textile written by the profit of their religion.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,408
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 4:29:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2015 3:59:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
I've developed a new appreciation for atheists on DDO.

Holy sh*t. You guys are 20-40 points higher in IQ than your average atheist.

I recently decided to join an atheist group on Facebook for the purpose of debating and discussing philosophical issues and the rebutals to my arguments were absolutely embarrassingly horrendous.

Upwards of 90% of the responses that I'd received were just pictures of memes meant to mock me. The rest were mostly statements or bare assertions that had *absolutely nothing* to do with my argument (Ad Hominems) and posts that actually agreed with my argument but thought that they were disagreeing with me.

(It was a post saying that if God doesn't exist, our organs don't have functions. Functions defined as " the special purpose or activity for which a thing exists or is used").

Granted, there were about 5 atheists out of a total of 165 comments so far that've agreed with me.

Hmmm, what group is that?
If Gravity were true, and Darwinism true - both of which are taught as true to children, then we would evolve as pancake people. - Edlvsjd

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
annanicole
Posts: 20,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:02:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2015 4:29:49 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/5/2015 3:59:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
I've developed a new appreciation for atheists on DDO.

Holy sh*t. You guys are 20-40 points higher in IQ than your average atheist.

I recently decided to join an atheist group on Facebook for the purpose of debating and discussing philosophical issues and the rebutals to my arguments were absolutely embarrassingly horrendous.

Upwards of 90% of the responses that I'd received were just pictures of memes meant to mock me. The rest were mostly statements or bare assertions that had *absolutely nothing* to do with my argument (Ad Hominems) and posts that actually agreed with my argument but thought that they were disagreeing with me.

(It was a post saying that if God doesn't exist, our organs don't have functions. Functions defined as " the special purpose or activity for which a thing exists or is used").

Granted, there were about 5 atheists out of a total of 165 comments so far that've agreed with me.

Hmmm, what group is that?

I'm having a tough time swallowing that the average DDO atheist has an IQ that is 30 pts higher than the average atheist out there. I know of a few in here that would sure drop that average, so if he's right, we must have some real geniuses.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,408
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 5:24:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2015 5:02:19 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/5/2015 4:29:49 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/5/2015 3:59:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
I've developed a new appreciation for atheists on DDO.

Holy sh*t. You guys are 20-40 points higher in IQ than your average atheist.

I recently decided to join an atheist group on Facebook for the purpose of debating and discussing philosophical issues and the rebutals to my arguments were absolutely embarrassingly horrendous.

Upwards of 90% of the responses that I'd received were just pictures of memes meant to mock me. The rest were mostly statements or bare assertions that had *absolutely nothing* to do with my argument (Ad Hominems) and posts that actually agreed with my argument but thought that they were disagreeing with me.

(It was a post saying that if God doesn't exist, our organs don't have functions. Functions defined as " the special purpose or activity for which a thing exists or is used").

Granted, there were about 5 atheists out of a total of 165 comments so far that've agreed with me.

Hmmm, what group is that?

I'm having a tough time swallowing that the average DDO atheist has an IQ that is 30 pts higher than the average atheist out there. I know of a few in here that would sure drop that average, so if he's right, we must have some real geniuses.

Facebook is not necessarily a high bar to begin with. ;-)
If Gravity were true, and Darwinism true - both of which are taught as true to children, then we would evolve as pancake people. - Edlvsjd

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
dee-em
Posts: 7,342
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 6:24:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/5/2015 3:59:37 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
I've developed a new appreciation for atheists on DDO.

Holy sh*t. You guys are 20-40 points higher in IQ than your average atheist.

Did it occur to you that those on FB might be 20-40 points lower in IQ than the average?

I can safely put forward this conjecture having deleted my FB account years ago. :-)
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
SNP1
Posts: 2,432
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2015 4:53:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have found that "New Atheism" has gotten more people to become atheist moreso through emotional means either with the POE or "if there is a god, and this god is allowing all this suffering, then it isn't a god worthy of worship". The problem is that only the first one is actually an argument for atheism.

I also figured this out when I went to an atheist site where they had a section for "Prove god exists". I decided to play devil's advocate, and no one could refute it (and it wasn't too hard to do so). Because of that they kept bashing me, even after I explained its flaw and explained to them what modal logic was (as it used modal logic and they never even heard of it).

Sadly, I find that the most subscribed to atheists on YouTube seem to be this way as well. I am not saying that this type of atheism is bad (as a lot of people are theists for emotional reasons and would only consider emotional arguments), I am just saying that intellectual atheism needs to be just as prevalent (because some theists are intellectual theists and need intellectual arguments).
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO