Total Posts:80|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Are Christians stuck on Stupid or with Stupid

Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law. The Jews would have preferred to stone him to death as their laws demanded. So all that blood spilling was a waste and scripturally irrelevant.
What is considered a transformational moment in Christianity is based on a lie a misinterpretation of old prophesies to make Jesus death significant.

Christians cannot know or understand the ultimate truth. They follow a false prophet called Jesus, who was crucified as a criminal. They haven turned his death into a human sacrifice and find in his death atonement for their sins. The sacrifice of Jesus was not sanctioned nor did it take place in the temple where all sacrifices and offerings have to be made and human sacrifices were not even lawful.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid ever since they exalted a rejected liar and lunatic and called him Lord.
So not only are Christians stuck on stupid, they are stuck with stupid.
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:11:25 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice.

Yet they murdered him without any lawful reason.

Jesus is not sacrifice similarly as some animal sacrifices were. Jesus sacrificed his life similarly as soldier may sacrifice his life while defending his country. Jesus came on earth to declare forgiveness and was killed because of that. Therefore it can be said he sacrificed his life for forgiveness of sins.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:22:13 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
All I read from this is confusion, jealousy and animosity ya know.... the usual baloney you are full of.

The Hindu calls himself a Christian creationist and yet harbors serious jealousy and animosity issues about the most spiritual Being that has graced this earth.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:46:45 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice.

That is because the Jewish practice was a temporary prefiguratory practice until the perfect sacrifice had been completed.

All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either.

The imperfect sacrifices had to be made in the temple are there any references to where the perfect sacrifice had to be made?

Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

The jews claimed he was guilty of blasphemy. If he was God then he was not guilty of blasphemy. The Romans executed him for being king of the Jews.

The Jews would have preferred to stone him to death as their laws demanded. So all that blood spilling was a waste and scripturally irrelevant.

Except that they didn't and instead they killed him as prophesied, where the shedding of blood was necessary.

What is considered a transformational moment in Christianity is based on a lie a misinterpretation of old prophesies to make Jesus death significant.

Or valid and a poor mischaracterization by you.

Christians cannot know or understand the ultimate truth. They follow a false prophet called Jesus, who was crucified as a criminal. They haven turned his death into a human sacrifice and find in his death atonement for their sins. The sacrifice of Jesus was not sanctioned nor did it take place in the temple where all sacrifices and offerings have to be made and human sacrifices were not even lawful.

Divine sacrifice is not a human sacrifice. God provided the perfect lamb. Apparently the sacrifices would not have to take place in the temple forever:

Mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles, and in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to my name a clean oblation: for my name is great among the Gentiles, saith the Lord of hosts.

Christians have remained stuck on stupid ever since they exalted a rejected liar and lunatic and called him Lord.
So not only are Christians stuck on stupid, they are stuck with stupid.

Sure.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 8:55:15 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 8:11:25 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice.

Yet they murdered him without any lawful reason.

Jesus is not sacrifice similarly as some animal sacrifices were. Jesus sacrificed his life similarly as soldier may sacrifice his life while defending his country. Jesus came on earth to declare forgiveness and was killed because of that. Therefore it can be said he sacrificed his life for forgiveness of sins.

All the Gospels show Jesus denying to Pilate at his trial that he was the king of the Jews. But he was lying because to the people he claimed to be the Messiah. It is the people who were witness to his false claims that demanded his death. He was condemned by both the Jews and Romans and crucified not offered as a sacrificial lamb which would have required it to be held in the temple.. Jesus was crucified in the public square. Human sacrifice was unlawful,crucifixion was not. Jesus was crucified as a criminal according to Roman law.
Only Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid claiming his crucifixion was a sacrificial offering an exalted human sacrifice.

Jesus had even gone to clean up the temple he called his fathers house of all the money changers and thieves. Thereby declaring he was Hosanna and the people welcomed Jesus. But when they saw Jesus in chains, they knew he had misled them. He was a false prophet, a liar and a lunatic.

Luke 23:3 "Are you the king of the Jews?" "You have said so," Jesus replied

Mark 15:2 New International Version
"Are you the king of the Jews?" asked Pilate. "You have said so," Jesus replied

John 18:37 l Version
"You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 9:03:41 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 8:55:15 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 8:11:25 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice.

Yet they murdered him without any lawful reason.

Jesus is not sacrifice similarly as some animal sacrifices were. Jesus sacrificed his life similarly as soldier may sacrifice his life while defending his country. Jesus came on earth to declare forgiveness and was killed because of that. Therefore it can be said he sacrificed his life for forgiveness of sins.

All the Gospels show Jesus denying to Pilate at his trial that he was the king of the Jews. But he was lying because to the people he claimed to be the Messiah. It is the people who were witness to his false claims that demanded his death. He was condemned by both the Jews and Romans and crucified not offered as a sacrificial lamb which would have required it to be held in the temple.. Jesus was crucified in the public square. Human sacrifice was unlawful,crucifixion was not. Jesus was crucified as a criminal according to Roman law.
Only Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid claiming his crucifixion was a sacrificial offering an exalted human sacrifice.

Jesus had even gone to clean up the temple he called his fathers house of all the money changers and thieves. Thereby declaring he was Hosanna and the people welcomed Jesus. But when they saw Jesus in chains, they knew he had misled them. He was a false prophet, a liar and a lunatic.

Luke 23:3 "Are you the king of the Jews?" "You have said so," Jesus replied

Mark 15:2 New International Version
"Are you the king of the Jews?" asked Pilate. "You have said so," Jesus replied

John 18:37 l Version
"You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

This is a pointless exercise and one I wonder why you wish to entertain. I've seen Christians (as well as myself) present you with answers but you never learn anything (as bad as an atheist) you just keep repeating the same non sense.
Do you want Christians to enlighten you or do you just want us to take your animosity up the wazoo?
Any chance we could get you to represent vedanta rather than Christianity lol?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 9:21:55 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 8:46:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice.

That is because the Jewish practice was a temporary prefiguratory practice until the perfect sacrifice had been completed.

Animals were sacrificed because they were sinless. The Jews akready had the perfect sacrifice. Jesus was a liar and lunatic. He was an illigetimate child and hated the traditional family. His ministry of 3 years when compared to the Jews following Moses for 40 years across tbe desert just shows how imperfect Jesus was for his role as messiah.

All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either.

The imperfect sacrifices had to be made in the temple are there any references to where the perfect sacrifice had to be made?

Are you saying God accepted imperfect offerings until Jesus came around? Even Abrahams offering of his son Issaac was turned down by God. But jesus was too trapped in his lies. He was surrounded by people who heard his false claims. He was crucified not sacrificed.

Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

The jews claimed he was guilty of blasphemy. If he was God then he was not guilty of blasphemy. The Romans executed him for being king of the Jews.

Jesus was neither God nor the king of the Jews. He was mocked and asked to show his powers. He remained hung where they had nailed him to the cross. Another fact to consider.

The Jews would have preferred to stone him to death as their laws demanded. So all that blood spilling was a waste and scripturally irrelevant.

Except that they didn't and instead they killed him as prophesied, where the shedding of blood was necessary.
There were 2 others that were crucified along with Jesus which you can say fulfilled the trinity. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Get real. The Romans were crucifying criminals for centuries. It didnt start with Jesus's arrival.

What is considered a transformational moment in Christianity is based on a lie a misinterpretation of old prophesies to make Jesus death significant.

Or valid and a poor mischaracterization by you.

Christians cannot know or understand the ultimate truth. They follow a false prophet called Jesus, who was crucified as a criminal. They haven turned his death into a human sacrifice and find in his death atonement for their sins. The sacrifice of Jesus was not sanctioned nor did it take place in the temple where all sacrifices and offerings have to be made and human sacrifices were not even lawful.

Divine sacrifice is not a human sacrifice. God provided the perfect lamb. Apparently the sacrifices would not have to take place in the temple forever:

It was an earthly human sacrifice a crucifixion to be exact. If it was for a religious purpose it would have been conducted in the temple. Crucifixions were carried out in public view. Jesus was crucified in full public view. Very different events!!!!

Mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles, and in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to my name a clean oblation: for my name is great among the Gentiles, saith the Lord of hosts.

Christians have remained stuck on stupid ever since they exalted a rejected liar and lunatic and called him Lord.
So not only are Christians stuck on stupid, they are stuck with stupid.

Sure.
You didn't have to agree.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 9:33:22 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 9:03:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/7/2015 8:55:15 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 8:11:25 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice.

Yet they murdered him without any lawful reason.

Jesus is not sacrifice similarly as some animal sacrifices were. Jesus sacrificed his life similarly as soldier may sacrifice his life while defending his country. Jesus came on earth to declare forgiveness and was killed because of that. Therefore it can be said he sacrificed his life for forgiveness of sins.

All the Gospels show Jesus denying to Pilate at his trial that he was the king of the Jews. But he was lying because to the people he claimed to be the Messiah. It is the people who were witness to his false claims that demanded his death. He was condemned by both the Jews and Romans and crucified not offered as a sacrificial lamb which would have required it to be held in the temple.. Jesus was crucified in the public square. Human sacrifice was unlawful,crucifixion was not. Jesus was crucified as a criminal according to Roman law.
Only Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid claiming his crucifixion was a sacrificial offering an exalted human sacrifice.

Jesus had even gone to clean up the temple he called his fathers house of all the money changers and thieves. Thereby declaring he was Hosanna and the people welcomed Jesus. But when they saw Jesus in chains, they knew he had misled them. He was a false prophet, a liar and a lunatic.

Luke 23:3 "Are you the king of the Jews?" "You have said so," Jesus replied

Mark 15:2 New International Version
"Are you the king of the Jews?" asked Pilate. "You have said so," Jesus replied

John 18:37 l Version
"You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

This is a pointless exercise and one I wonder why you wish to entertain. I've seen Christians (as well as myself) present you with answers but you never learn anything (as bad as an atheist) you just keep repeating the same non sense.
Do you want Christians to enlighten you or do you just want us to take your animosity up the wazoo?
Any chance we could get you to represent vedanta rather than Christianity lol?
But more people are disillusioned with Christianity which is why I devote more time with suicidal atheists and Christians stuck on stupid or stuck to stupid.

I don't control this forum. Go ahead and present your case. if Christians are not stuck on stupid or stuck to stupid. Why do you still follow a dead liar and a lunatic?
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 9:33:59 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

I agree, Hari, recognising your assumption that Jesus was a single historical figure, and not (say) some revisionist Robin Hood symbol capturing the idea of Judaic reform. I'm not myself persuaded he was a single historical figure. His hagiography is too heavily influenced by other sources, including Zoroastrianism and Greek paganism, and the authenticity of supposedly primary sources (i.e. the Gospels) seems in doubt, even among Christian theologians.

In any case, the reform failed in Palestine, but took root in Europe. So naturally, the Palestinian failure needed to be made a success story, or else the movement would die. The reverence of martyrs and claim of their transcendent ability and symbolic meaning became a Christian tradition that can be seen in later canonisations and beatifications. It's not only Christians who do this, but Christian tradition is now heavily influenced by such practice, beginning of course with the hagiography of its principle prophet.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 9:41:14 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 9:33:22 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:03:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/7/2015 8:55:15 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 8:11:25 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice.

Yet they murdered him without any lawful reason.

Jesus is not sacrifice similarly as some animal sacrifices were. Jesus sacrificed his life similarly as soldier may sacrifice his life while defending his country. Jesus came on earth to declare forgiveness and was killed because of that. Therefore it can be said he sacrificed his life for forgiveness of sins.

All the Gospels show Jesus denying to Pilate at his trial that he was the king of the Jews. But he was lying because to the people he claimed to be the Messiah. It is the people who were witness to his false claims that demanded his death. He was condemned by both the Jews and Romans and crucified not offered as a sacrificial lamb which would have required it to be held in the temple.. Jesus was crucified in the public square. Human sacrifice was unlawful,crucifixion was not. Jesus was crucified as a criminal according to Roman law.
Only Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid claiming his crucifixion was a sacrificial offering an exalted human sacrifice.

Jesus had even gone to clean up the temple he called his fathers house of all the money changers and thieves. Thereby declaring he was Hosanna and the people welcomed Jesus. But when they saw Jesus in chains, they knew he had misled them. He was a false prophet, a liar and a lunatic.

Luke 23:3 "Are you the king of the Jews?" "You have said so," Jesus replied

Mark 15:2 New International Version
"Are you the king of the Jews?" asked Pilate. "You have said so," Jesus replied

John 18:37 l Version
"You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

This is a pointless exercise and one I wonder why you wish to entertain. I've seen Christians (as well as myself) present you with answers but you never learn anything (as bad as an atheist) you just keep repeating the same non sense.
Do you want Christians to enlighten you or do you just want us to take your animosity up the wazoo?
Any chance we could get you to represent vedanta rather than Christianity lol?
But more people are disillusioned with Christianity which is why I devote more time with suicidal atheists and Christians stuck on stupid or stuck to stupid.

Devote more time doing what??

I don't control this forum. Go ahead and present your case. if Christians are not stuck on stupid or stuck to stupid. Why do you still follow a dead liar and a lunatic?

I gave you reason for some of my beliefs. If you think what I said was "stupid" so be it but I find that hard to believe because I am very practical and NOT stupid, you haven't given me a chance.

You claim Christians cannot be "enlightened" but I haven't seen you present any effort accept for non sense. I've asked you specific questions and you ignore them and mock instead, so how would you know who and what can be enlightened?? You may be surprised when you let down that guard.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 9:44:43 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 9:41:14 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:33:22 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:03:41 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 12/7/2015 8:55:15 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 8:11:25 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice.

Yet they murdered him without any lawful reason.

Jesus is not sacrifice similarly as some animal sacrifices were. Jesus sacrificed his life similarly as soldier may sacrifice his life while defending his country. Jesus came on earth to declare forgiveness and was killed because of that. Therefore it can be said he sacrificed his life for forgiveness of sins.

All the Gospels show Jesus denying to Pilate at his trial that he was the king of the Jews. But he was lying because to the people he claimed to be the Messiah. It is the people who were witness to his false claims that demanded his death. He was condemned by both the Jews and Romans and crucified not offered as a sacrificial lamb which would have required it to be held in the temple.. Jesus was crucified in the public square. Human sacrifice was unlawful,crucifixion was not. Jesus was crucified as a criminal according to Roman law.
Only Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid claiming his crucifixion was a sacrificial offering an exalted human sacrifice.

Jesus had even gone to clean up the temple he called his fathers house of all the money changers and thieves. Thereby declaring he was Hosanna and the people welcomed Jesus. But when they saw Jesus in chains, they knew he had misled them. He was a false prophet, a liar and a lunatic.

Luke 23:3 "Are you the king of the Jews?" "You have said so," Jesus replied

Mark 15:2 New International Version
"Are you the king of the Jews?" asked Pilate. "You have said so," Jesus replied

John 18:37 l Version
"You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

This is a pointless exercise and one I wonder why you wish to entertain. I've seen Christians (as well as myself) present you with answers but you never learn anything (as bad as an atheist) you just keep repeating the same non sense.
Do you want Christians to enlighten you or do you just want us to take your animosity up the wazoo?
Any chance we could get you to represent vedanta rather than Christianity lol?
But more people are disillusioned with Christianity which is why I devote more time with suicidal atheists and Christians stuck on stupid or stuck to stupid.

Devote more time doing what??

I don't control this forum. Go ahead and present your case. if Christians are not stuck on stupid or stuck to stupid. Why do you still follow a dead liar and a lunatic?

I gave you reason for some of my beliefs. If you think what I said was "stupid" so be it but I find that hard to believe because I am very practical and NOT stupid, you haven't given me a chance.

You claim Christians cannot be "enlightened" but I haven't seen you present any effort accept for non sense. I've asked you specific questions and you ignore them and mock instead, so how would you know who and what can be enlightened?? You may be surprised when you let down that guard.

*except* excuse me...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 10:03:27 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 9:33:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

I agree, Hari, recognising your assumption that Jesus was a single historical figure, and not (say) some revisionist Robin Hood symbol capturing the idea of Judaic reform. I'm not myself persuaded he was a single historical figure. His hagiography is too heavily influenced by other sources, including Zoroastrianism and Greek paganism, and the authenticity of supposedly primary sources (i.e. the Gospels) seems in doubt, even among Christian theologians.

In any case, the reform failed in Palestine, but took root in Europe. So naturally, the Palestinian failure needed to be made a success story, or else the movement would die. The reverence of martyrs and claim of their transcendent ability and symbolic meaning became a Christian tradition that can be seen in later canonisations and beatifications. It's not only Christians who do this, but Christian tradition is now heavily influenced by such practice, beginning of course with the hagiography of its principle prophet.

Thank you Ruv. I am just amazed how Jesus is seen as fulfilling the prophesies of prophets before him (Isaiah, Malachi, Daniel) and yet failing to fulfill his own mission as the promised messiah of the Jews sent to save the Jews and establish the Davidic covenant. Jesus accepts his martyrdom. But when given all authority over heaven and earth still fails to save the temple from destruction and the torching of Jerusalem.

Matthew 28:18 New International Version
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid. There were 2 other criminals who were crucified along with Jesus.
Jesus promised them they too would be in Paradise.
Luke 23:43 New International Version
Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

This means the Roman method of crucifixion was sending people directly to Paradise. So why are Christians giving Jesus the credit when he too was transported to Paradise by way of crucifixion? Duh, Duh!
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 10:26:12 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 10:03:27 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:33:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

I agree, Hari, recognising your assumption that Jesus was a single historical figure, and not (say) some revisionist Robin Hood symbol capturing the idea of Judaic reform. I'm not myself persuaded he was a single historical figure. His hagiography is too heavily influenced by other sources, including Zoroastrianism and Greek paganism, and the authenticity of supposedly primary sources (i.e. the Gospels) seems in doubt, even among Christian theologians.

Thank you Ruv.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid.

That's a rather unkind way to say it, Hari.

You're right that Christian mythology doesn't bear close historical inspection. But idealised nationalistic mythology seldom does. However, there was a time when people were very religious, yet the word 'religion' didn't exist (for example, ancient Hebrew doesn't have a word for religion): religion was often so integrated with political and cultural identity that nobody thought to separate it.

Ironically, what made Christianity so successful in the long term might well include its early short-term failures: Christianity (eventually) did agreat job of adapting itself to existing empires and kingdoms perhaps because it was a failed Judaic reform movement in the first place. Forced to abandon the ethnic identity whose traditions it was trying to change, it was able to adapt -- and kept adapting throughout the conversion of Europe, and I think continues to adapt to support the conservative nationalism we see in places like the US today.

Monotheism does a great job of supporting nationalistic zealotry if you're willing to flex your dogma to accommodate the sentiments of the time. I think that has been a great part of the reason Christianity has flourished.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 10:44:18 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
Naaa. I'd just get in bed with Islam Harikrish as you have managed to do repeatedly on this forum. Aren't you the guy that says intolerance of Islam is bigotry? Doesn't that make this very thread a proof of your hypocrisy and your own bigotry towards Christians? I'm not feeling very tolerated by you? Do you have a crush on Islam or just a humongous distaste for the "golden rule" and the Sermon on the mount preached by Jesus Christ? If I were to discharge and come over to your way of thinking, what do I gain? Depression? No thoughts of eternal bliss? That sounds wonderful! Sign me up...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 10:44:57 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 10:26:12 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:03:27 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:33:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

I agree, Hari, recognising your assumption that Jesus was a single historical figure, and not (say) some revisionist Robin Hood symbol capturing the idea of Judaic reform. I'm not myself persuaded he was a single historical figure. His hagiography is too heavily influenced by other sources, including Zoroastrianism and Greek paganism, and the authenticity of supposedly primary sources (i.e. the Gospels) seems in doubt, even among Christian theologians.

Thank you Ruv.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid.

That's a rather unkind way to say it, Hari.

You're right that Christian mythology doesn't bear close historical inspection. But idealised nationalistic mythology seldom does. However, there was a time when people were very religious, yet the word 'religion' didn't exist (for example, ancient Hebrew doesn't have a word for religion): religion was often so integrated with political and cultural identity that nobody thought to separate it.

Ironically, what made Christianity so successful in the long term might well include its early short-term failures: Christianity (eventually) did agreat job of adapting itself to existing empires and kingdoms perhaps because it was a failed Judaic reform movement in the first place. Forced to abandon the ethnic identity whose traditions it was trying to change, it was able to adapt -- and kept adapting throughout the conversion of Europe, and I think continues to adapt to support the conservative nationalism we see in places like the US today.

Monotheism does a great job of supporting nationalistic zealotry if you're willing to flex your dogma to accommodate the sentiments of the time. I think that has been a great part of the reason Christianity has flourished.

Maybe Christianity needed a certain mass of stupid people for it to work and there just wasn't enough Jews to make it practical. But Europe was full of stupid people and Neanderthals as well which created the right conditions for success.
Christianity finally had a lock on the West when Americans joined in. Here was a country full of stupid people with guns...who could have asked for more.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 10:50:14 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 10:44:18 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Naaa. I'd just get in bed with Islam Harikrish as you have managed to do repeatedly on this forum. Aren't you the guy that says intolerance of Islam is bigotry? Doesn't that make this very thread a proof of your hypocrisy and your own bigotry towards Christians? I'm not feeling very tolerated by you? Do you have a crush on Islam or just a humongous distaste for the "golden rule" and the Sermon on the mount preached by Jesus Christ? If I were to discharge and come over to your way of thinking, what do I gain? Depression? No thoughts of eternal bliss? That sounds wonderful! Sign me up...

And Christians are stupid? Yet you come on this very forum every day to stand up and defend your awesome belief in...

Death and nothing else.

Tolerance of Islam but nontolerance of Christianity.

Focus on no eternal life or hope for your loved ones.

Here, I'll give you the floor to try and convince us how joyful the hope for eternal death for yourself and your family is. You can try and convince us how Atheism brings about a much more optimistic perspective and focus than the oh so "stupid" Christianity. Or shall we skip all of that and go directly to psychology which states that namecallers suffer from low self esteem and end all doubt of your weaknesses?
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 10:57:43 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 10:44:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:26:12 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:03:27 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:33:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

I agree, Hari, recognising your assumption that Jesus was a single historical figure, and not (say) some revisionist Robin Hood symbol capturing the idea of Judaic reform. I'm not myself persuaded he was a single historical figure. His hagiography is too heavily influenced by other sources, including Zoroastrianism and Greek paganism, and the authenticity of supposedly primary sources (i.e. the Gospels) seems in doubt, even among Christian theologians.

Thank you Ruv.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid.

That's a rather unkind way to say it, Hari.

You're right that Christian mythology doesn't bear close historical inspection. But idealised nationalistic mythology seldom does. However, there was a time when people were very religious, yet the word 'religion' didn't exist (for example, ancient Hebrew doesn't have a word for religion): religion was often so integrated with political and cultural identity that nobody thought to separate it.

Ironically, what made Christianity so successful in the long term might well include its early short-term failures: Christianity (eventually) did agreat job of adapting itself to existing empires and kingdoms perhaps because it was a failed Judaic reform movement in the first place. Forced to abandon the ethnic identity whose traditions it was trying to change, it was able to adapt -- and kept adapting throughout the conversion of Europe, and I think continues to adapt to support the conservative nationalism we see in places like the US today.

Monotheism does a great job of supporting nationalistic zealotry if you're willing to flex your dogma to accommodate the sentiments of the time. I think that has been a great part of the reason Christianity has flourished.

Maybe Christianity needed a certain mass of stupid people for it to work and there just wasn't enough Jews to make it practical. But Europe was full of stupid people and Neanderthals as well which created the right conditions for success.
Christianity finally had a lock on the West when Americans joined in. Here was a country full of stupid people with guns...who could have asked for more.

Oh heck, I'll rebutal your ignorant claim for giggles. Fid you know Harikrish that out of the 10 highest IQ tested people on Earth, 9 were religious? Ut oh. Your theory might be well..."the s word".
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 11:01:15 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 10:44:18 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Naaa. I'd just get in bed with Islam Harikrish as you have managed to do repeatedly on this forum. Aren't you the guy that says intolerance of Islam is bigotry? Doesn't that make this very thread a proof of your hypocrisy and your own bigotry towards Christians? I'm not feeling very tolerated by you? Do you have a crush on Islam or just a humongous distaste for the "golden rule" and the Sermon on the mount preached by Jesus Christ? If I were to discharge and come over to your way of thinking, what do I gain? Depression? No thoughts of eternal bliss? That sounds wonderful! Sign me up...

I did say Islam is a religion of peace and the more Jihadists get killed the more peaceful Islam becomes. Because all you have left are peaceful Muslims. Peace be upon you.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 11:01:30 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
http://www.examiner.com...

Crap I was one off. 8 of the 10 are theists and 6 are Christians. Hmmm...wonder why they chose a belief in something? That's so "S" word. I can't believe these geniuses would believe in something.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 11:11:11 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 10:57:43 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:44:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:26:12 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:03:27 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:33:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

I agree, Hari, recognising your assumption that Jesus was a single historical figure, and not (say) some revisionist Robin Hood symbol capturing the idea of Judaic reform. I'm not myself persuaded he was a single historical figure. His hagiography is too heavily influenced by other sources, including Zoroastrianism and Greek paganism, and the authenticity of supposedly primary sources (i.e. the Gospels) seems in doubt, even among Christian theologians.

Thank you Ruv.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid.

That's a rather unkind way to say it, Hari.

You're right that Christian mythology doesn't bear close historical inspection. But idealised nationalistic mythology seldom does. However, there was a time when people were very religious, yet the word 'religion' didn't exist (for example, ancient Hebrew doesn't have a word for religion): religion was often so integrated with political and cultural identity that nobody thought to separate it.

Ironically, what made Christianity so successful in the long term might well include its early short-term failures: Christianity (eventually) did agreat job of adapting itself to existing empires and kingdoms perhaps because it was a failed Judaic reform movement in the first place. Forced to abandon the ethnic identity whose traditions it was trying to change, it was able to adapt -- and kept adapting throughout the conversion of Europe, and I think continues to adapt to support the conservative nationalism we see in places like the US today.

Monotheism does a great job of supporting nationalistic zealotry if you're willing to flex your dogma to accommodate the sentiments of the time. I think that has been a great part of the reason Christianity has flourished.

Maybe Christianity needed a certain mass of stupid people for it to work and there just wasn't enough Jews to make it practical. But Europe was full of stupid people and Neanderthals as well which created the right conditions for success.
Christianity finally had a lock on the West when Americans joined in. Here was a country full of stupid people with guns...who could have asked for more?

Oh heck, I'll rebutal your ignorant claim for giggles. Fid you know Harikrish that out of the 10 highest IQ tested people on Earth, 9 were religious? Ut oh. Your theory might be well..."the s word".

Yiu got it backwards.
I am not saying you cannot find 9 religious people with high IQs in Europe or America. For Christianity to work it needs a certain mass of stupid people and Europe and America are full of stupid people which is why Christianity was so successful.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 11:18:07 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 11:11:11 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:57:43 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:44:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:26:12 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:03:27 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:33:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

I agree, Hari, recognising your assumption that Jesus was a single historical figure, and not (say) some revisionist Robin Hood symbol capturing the idea of Judaic reform. I'm not myself persuaded he was a single historical figure. His hagiography is too heavily influenced by other sources, including Zoroastrianism and Greek paganism, and the authenticity of supposedly primary sources (i.e. the Gospels) seems in doubt, even among Christian theologians.

Thank you Ruv.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid.

That's a rather unkind way to say it, Hari.

You're right that Christian mythology doesn't bear close historical inspection. But idealised nationalistic mythology seldom does. However, there was a time when people were very religious, yet the word 'religion' didn't exist (for example, ancient Hebrew doesn't have a word for religion): religion was often so integrated with political and cultural identity that nobody thought to separate it.

Ironically, what made Christianity so successful in the long term might well include its early short-term failures: Christianity (eventually) did agreat job of adapting itself to existing empires and kingdoms perhaps because it was a failed Judaic reform movement in the first place. Forced to abandon the ethnic identity whose traditions it was trying to change, it was able to adapt -- and kept adapting throughout the conversion of Europe, and I think continues to adapt to support the conservative nationalism we see in places like the US today.

Monotheism does a great job of supporting nationalistic zealotry if you're willing to flex your dogma to accommodate the sentiments of the time. I think that has been a great part of the reason Christianity has flourished.

Maybe Christianity needed a certain mass of stupid people for it to work and there just wasn't enough Jews to make it practical. But Europe was full of stupid people and Neanderthals as well which created the right conditions for success.
Christianity finally had a lock on the West when Americans joined in. Here was a country full of stupid people with guns...who could have asked for more?

Oh heck, I'll rebutal your ignorant claim for giggles. Fid you know Harikrish that out of the 10 highest IQ tested people on Earth, 9 were religious? Ut oh. Your theory might be well..."the s word".

Yiu got it backwards.
I am not saying you cannot find 9 religious people with high IQs in Europe or America. For Christianity to work it needs a certain mass of stupid people and Europe and America are full of stupid people which is why Christianity was so successful.

And brilliant people. What's your point. I've known mentally handicapped Atheists. Is that how you kept the belief going?
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 11:24:47 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
Hmmm...based on your assertion Harikrish, perhaps Atheism started with people who were the "s" word and continued for the same reason. Did the "s" word give Atheism the power to grow legs or was that evolution? Wasn't that Darwin's creation? Wasn't he a Christian? Do you believe in Evolution harikrish? Then you believe a concept created by a "stupid" Christian. What does that make thou?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 11:26:06 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 11:18:07 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/7/2015 11:11:11 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:57:43 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:44:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:26:12 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:03:27 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:33:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

I agree, Hari, recognising your assumption that Jesus was a single historical figure, and not (say) some revisionist Robin Hood symbol capturing the idea of Judaic reform. I'm not myself persuaded he was a single historical figure. His hagiography is too heavily influenced by other sources, including Zoroastrianism and Greek paganism, and the authenticity of supposedly primary sources (i.e. the Gospels) seems in doubt, even among Christian theologians.

Thank you Ruv.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid.

That's a rather unkind way to say it, Hari.

You're right that Christian mythology doesn't bear close historical inspection. But idealised nationalistic mythology seldom does. However, there was a time when people were very religious, yet the word 'religion' didn't exist (for example, ancient Hebrew doesn't have a word for religion): religion was often so integrated with political and cultural identity that nobody thought to separate it.

Ironically, what made Christianity so successful in the long term might well include its early short-term failures: Christianity (eventually) did agreat job of adapting itself to existing empires and kingdoms perhaps because it was a failed Judaic reform movement in the first place. Forced to abandon the ethnic identity whose traditions it was trying to change, it was able to adapt -- and kept adapting throughout the conversion of Europe, and I think continues to adapt to support the conservative nationalism we see in places like the US today.

Monotheism does a great job of supporting nationalistic zealotry if you're willing to flex your dogma to accommodate the sentiments of the time. I think that has been a great part of the reason Christianity has flourished.

Maybe Christianity needed a certain mass of stupid people for it to work and there just wasn't enough Jews to make it practical. But Europe was full of stupid people and Neanderthals as well which created the right conditions for success.
Christianity finally had a lock on the West when Americans joined in. Here was a country full of stupid people with guns...who could have asked for more?

Oh heck, I'll rebutal your ignorant claim for giggles. Fid you know Harikrish that out of the 10 highest IQ tested people on Earth, 9 were religious? Ut oh. Your theory might be well..."the s word".

Yiu got it backwards.
I am not saying you cannot find 9 religious people with high IQs in Europe or America. For Christianity to work it needs a certain mass of stupid people and Europe and America are full of stupid people which is why Christianity was so successful.

And brilliant people. What's your point. I've known mentally handicapped Atheists. Is that how you kept the belief going?

You cannot have all generals in the army. You need the soldiers too. So a few bright guys at the top and the rest cannon fodder. Christianity needed a certain mass of stupid people for it to be successful. There were plenty of stupid people in Europe and America which is why Christianity became so successful.
TheWORDisLIFE
Posts: 1,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 11:27:27 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law. The Jews would have preferred to stone him to death as their laws demanded. So all that blood spilling was a waste and scripturally irrelevant.
What is considered a transformational moment in Christianity is based on a lie a misinterpretation of old prophesies to make Jesus death significant.

Christians cannot know or understand the ultimate truth. They follow a false prophet called Jesus, who was crucified as a criminal. They haven turned his death into a human sacrifice and find in his death atonement for their sins. The sacrifice of Jesus was not sanctioned nor did it take place in the temple where all sacrifices and offerings have to be made and human sacrifices were not even lawful.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid ever since they exalted a rejected liar and lunatic and called him Lord.
So not only are Christians stuck on stupid, they are stuck with stupid.

I did not see one Scripture to support your claim.
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 12:03:53 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 11:26:06 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 11:18:07 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/7/2015 11:11:11 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:57:43 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:44:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:26:12 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:03:27 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:33:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

I agree, Hari, recognising your assumption that Jesus was a single historical figure, and not (say) some revisionist Robin Hood symbol capturing the idea of Judaic reform. I'm not myself persuaded he was a single historical figure. His hagiography is too heavily influenced by other sources, including Zoroastrianism and Greek paganism, and the authenticity of supposedly primary sources (i.e. the Gospels) seems in doubt, even among Christian theologians.

Thank you Ruv.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid.

That's a rather unkind way to say it, Hari.

You're right that Christian mythology doesn't bear close historical inspection. But idealised nationalistic mythology seldom does. However, there was a time when people were very religious, yet the word 'religion' didn't exist (for example, ancient Hebrew doesn't have a word for religion): religion was often so integrated with political and cultural identity that nobody thought to separate it.

Ironically, what made Christianity so successful in the long term might well include its early short-term failures: Christianity (eventually) did agreat job of adapting itself to existing empires and kingdoms perhaps because it was a failed Judaic reform movement in the first place. Forced to abandon the ethnic identity whose traditions it was trying to change, it was able to adapt -- and kept adapting throughout the conversion of Europe, and I think continues to adapt to support the conservative nationalism we see in places like the US today.

Monotheism does a great job of supporting nationalistic zealotry if you're willing to flex your dogma to accommodate the sentiments of the time. I think that has been a great part of the reason Christianity has flourished.

Maybe Christianity needed a certain mass of stupid people for it to work and there just wasn't enough Jews to make it practical. But Europe was full of stupid people and Neanderthals as well which created the right conditions for success.
Christianity finally had a lock on the West when Americans joined in. Here was a country full of stupid people with guns...who could have asked for more?

Oh heck, I'll rebutal your ignorant claim for giggles. Fid you know Harikrish that out of the 10 highest IQ tested people on Earth, 9 were religious? Ut oh. Your theory might be well..."the s word".

Yiu got it backwards.
I am not saying you cannot find 9 religious people with high IQs in Europe or America. For Christianity to work it needs a certain mass of stupid people and Europe and America are full of stupid people which is why Christianity was so successful.

And brilliant people. What's your point. I've known mentally handicapped Atheists. Is that how you kept the belief going?

You cannot have all generals in the army. You need the soldiers too. So a few bright guys at the top and the rest cannon fodder. Christianity needed a certain mass of stupid people for it to be successful. There were plenty of stupid people in Europe and America which is why Christianity became so successful.

So Atheism doesn't have all generals and has a mass of neanderthals as do all beliefs if to be consistant with your previous posts in logic? Are you a general or just "one of the sheep"? (Wink wink).

It :s stupid to believe in things bigger and better than yourself? Wierd. Whoda thunk it?
GrittyWorm
Posts: 1,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 12:08:26 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 10:44:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:26:12 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:03:27 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:33:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

I agree, Hari, recognising your assumption that Jesus was a single historical figure, and not (say) some revisionist Robin Hood symbol capturing the idea of Judaic reform. I'm not myself persuaded he was a single historical figure. His hagiography is too heavily influenced by other sources, including Zoroastrianism and Greek paganism, and the authenticity of supposedly primary sources (i.e. the Gospels) seems in doubt, even among Christian theologians.

Thank you Ruv.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid.

That's a rather unkind way to say it, Hari.

You're right that Christian mythology doesn't bear close historical inspection. But idealised nationalistic mythology seldom does. However, there was a time when people were very religious, yet the word 'religion' didn't exist (for example, ancient Hebrew doesn't have a word for religion): religion was often so integrated with political and cultural identity that nobody thought to separate it.

Ironically, what made Christianity so successful in the long term might well include its early short-term failures: Christianity (eventually) did agreat job of adapting itself to existing empires and kingdoms perhaps because it was a failed Judaic reform movement in the first place. Forced to abandon the ethnic identity whose traditions it was trying to change, it was able to adapt -- and kept adapting throughout the conversion of Europe, and I think continues to adapt to support the conservative nationalism we see in places like the US today.

Monotheism does a great job of supporting nationalistic zealotry if you're willing to flex your dogma to accommodate the sentiments of the time. I think that has been a great part of the reason Christianity has flourished.

Maybe Christianity needed a certain mass of stupid people for it to work and there just wasn't enough Jews to make it practical. But Europe was full of stupid people and Neanderthals as well which created the right conditions for success.
Christianity finally had a lock on the West when Americans joined in. Here was a country full of stupid people with guns...who could have asked for more.

Remeber when Jesus spoke to the woman at the well about the practices of Jews vs. Samaritans? If you do, you have your answer on sacrifices and Jewish custom concerning such. If you don't, then maybe you should try reading it for yourself and learn. You are welcome. I know you are in love with me. Do not deny it. I've seen how you look at me. Now get to work on your rebuttle.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 12:18:44 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 11:27:27 PM, TheWORDisLIFE wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law. The Jews would have preferred to stone him to death as their laws demanded. So all that blood spilling was a waste and scripturally irrelevant.
What is considered a transformational moment in Christianity is based on a lie a misinterpretation of old prophesies to make Jesus death significant.

Christians cannot know or understand the ultimate truth. They follow a false prophet called Jesus, who was crucified as a criminal. They haven turned his death into a human sacrifice and find in his death atonement for their sins. The sacrifice of Jesus was not sanctioned nor did it take place in the temple where all sacrifices and offerings have to be made and human sacrifices were not even lawful.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid ever since they exalted a rejected liar and lunatic and called him Lord.
So not only are Christians stuck on stupid, they are stuck with stupid.

I did not see one Scripture to support your claim.

Human sacrifice was forbidden.

The Bible makes it quite clear that God hates human sacrifice. The pagan nations that surrounded the Israelites practiced human sacrifice as part of the worship of false gods. God declared that such "worship" was detestable to Him and that He hates it (Deuteronomy 12:31; 18:10). Furthermore, human sacrifice is associated in the Old Testament with evil practices such as sorcery and divination, which are also detestable to God (2 Kings 21:6).

jesus was crucified not sacrificed.

John 19:The Crucifixion of Jesus
So the soldiers took charge of Jesus. 17 Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). 18 There they crucified him, and with him two others"one on each side and Jesus in the middle.

Sacrifices only in the chosen area/temple.

"For example, we find that the Torah says, "You may not worship Hashem your G-d in such a manner. This you may do only on the site that Hashem your G-d will choose from among all your tribes to place His Name there. You must seek His Presence, and you must go there. You will bring there your elevated offerings, your eaten sacrifices, your tithes, your hand-delivered elevated gifts, your general and specific pledges, the first born of your cattle and flocks...." (Deut. 12:4-6).

And the Torah continues, "You will not do then what we do here now, where each person does as he sees fit. For you have not yet come to the resting place and hereditary land that Hashem your G-d giving you. When you cross the Jordan and you settle the land that Hashem your G-d is allotting you, and Hashem has granted you safety from all your enemies around you, and you are living securely, there will be a place that Hashem will choose to rest His Name there. It is to there you must bring all that I command you, your burnt elevated offerings, your eaten sacrirfices, your tithes, your elevated gifts, and all your choice pledges that you might pledge to Hashem" (Deut 12:8-11).

As if this were not strong enough, the Torah warns us: "Watch yourself! Lest you bring your burnt elevated offerings in any place you see fit. Only in the place that Hashem will choose, somewhere from among your tribes, there shall your bring your burnt elevated offerings, and there you must do all that I command you concerning this." (Deut 12:13-14)

Once the Holy Temple was built, we were no longer permitted to bring sacrifices anywhere else."
Summary.

1. No human sacrifice accepted.
2. Jesus was crucified not sacrificed.
3. He was not sacrificed in a temple or offered in a temple accompanied by religious traditions and rites.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 12:27:53 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/8/2015 12:03:53 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/7/2015 11:26:06 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 11:18:07 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/7/2015 11:11:11 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:57:43 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:44:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:26:12 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 10:03:27 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 12/7/2015 9:33:59 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law.

I agree, Hari, recognising your assumption that Jesus was a single historical figure, and not (say) some revisionist Robin Hood symbol capturing the idea of Judaic reform. I'm not myself persuaded he was a single historical figure. His hagiography is too heavily influenced by other sources, including Zoroastrianism and Greek paganism, and the authenticity of supposedly primary sources (i.e. the Gospels) seems in doubt, even among Christian theologians.

Thank you Ruv.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid and stuck with stupid.

That's a rather unkind way to say it, Hari.

You're right that Christian mythology doesn't bear close historical inspection. But idealised nationalistic mythology seldom does. However, there was a time when people were very religious, yet the word 'religion' didn't exist (for example, ancient Hebrew doesn't have a word for religion): religion was often so integrated with political and cultural identity that nobody thought to separate it.

Ironically, what made Christianity so successful in the long term might well include its early short-term failures: Christianity (eventually) did agreat job of adapting itself to existing empires and kingdoms perhaps because it was a failed Judaic reform movement in the first place. Forced to abandon the ethnic identity whose traditions it was trying to change, it was able to adapt -- and kept adapting throughout the conversion of Europe, and I think continues to adapt to support the conservative nationalism we see in places like the US today.

Monotheism does a great job of supporting nationalistic zealotry if you're willing to flex your dogma to accommodate the sentiments of the time. I think that has been a great part of the reason Christianity has flourished.

Maybe Christianity needed a certain mass of stupid people for it to work and there just wasn't enough Jews to make it practical. But Europe was full of stupid people and Neanderthals as well which created the right conditions for success.
Christianity finally had a lock on the West when Americans joined in. Here was a country full of stupid people with guns...who could have asked for more?

Oh heck, I'll rebutal your ignorant claim for giggles. Fid you know Harikrish that out of the 10 highest IQ tested people on Earth, 9 were religious? Ut oh. Your theory might be well..."the s word".

Yiu got it backwards.
I am not saying you cannot find 9 religious people with high IQs in Europe or America. For Christianity to work it needs a certain mass of stupid people and Europe and America are full of stupid people which is why Christianity was so successful.

And brilliant people. What's your point. I've known mentally handicapped Atheists. Is that how you kept the belief going?

You cannot have all generals in the army. You need the soldiers too. So a few bright guys at the top and the rest cannon fodder. Christianity needed a certain mass of stupid people for it to be successful. There were plenty of stupid people in Europe and America which is why Christianity became so successful.

So Atheism doesn't have all generals and has a mass of neanderthals as do all beliefs if to be consistant with your previous posts in logic? Are you a general or just "one of the sheep"? (Wink wink).

It :s stupid to believe in things bigger and better than yourself? Wierd. Whoda thunk it?

We are talking about the success of Christinity aided by the large masses of stupid people in Europe and America. If atheists got to them first the outcome would be quite different.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 12:32:20 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/7/2015 7:17:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus was not the sacrificial Lamb because human sacrifice was not a Jewish practice. All offerings had to be made in the temple. Jesus was not offered in the temple either. Jesus was put to death for blasphemy and was crucified according to Roman Law. The Jews would have preferred to stone him to death as their laws demanded. So all that blood spilling was a waste and scripturally irrelevant.
What is considered a transformational moment in Christianity is based on a lie a misinterpretation of old prophesies to make Jesus death significant.

Christians cannot know or understand the ultimate truth. They follow a false prophet called Jesus, who was crucified as a criminal. They haven turned his death into a human sacrifice and find in his death atonement for their sins. The sacrifice of Jesus was not sanctioned nor did it take place in the temple where all sacrifices and offerings have to be made and human sacrifices were not even lawful.
Christians have remained stuck on stupid ever since they exalted a rejected liar and lunatic and called him Lord.
So not only are Christians stuck on stupid, they are stuck with stupid.

Even if what you say about Jesus was true it shows he's no where near the low consciousness of a murdering pedophile such as Mohamed. Good try but you are a lousy baiter. I'm not a practicing Christian by the way.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 12:41:30 AM
Posted: 12 months ago
Jesus IS sacrificial, compassionate, passionate, virtuous, loving, personable, courageous, humble, honorable, loyal, righteous, holy, honest, generous, empathetic, dynamic, creative, genius, simplistic, faithful, intelligent and SPIRITUAL.

How many people do you know who fit that description, not Hari anyway lol.