Jump to topic:

Religious stance on extraterrestrial life

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 6:31:59 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
Do you religious people believe in extraterrestrial life? Could you support your belief from any verse in your holy book? If you do believe they exist, are these extraterrestrials equal as humans? Etc.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 9:07:37 PM
At 12/8/2015 6:31:59 PM, Jovian wrote:
Do you religious people believe in extraterrestrial life? Could you support your belief from any verse in your holy book? If you do believe they exist, are these extraterrestrials equal as humans? Etc.

Angels and demons can be seen as "extraterrestrials". And actually I believe all alleged aliens are really angels or demons, but people like to use alien rather than Biblical terms.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 9:13:18 PM
At 12/8/2015 9:07:37 PM, 12_13 wrote:

Angels and demons can be seen as "extraterrestrials". And actually I believe all alleged aliens are really angels or demons, but people like to use alien rather than Biblical terms.

Yeah I forgot to take this into account, I'm talking about the regular idea of aliens, creatures like us somewhere else in the universe.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2015 9:15:29 PM
At 12/8/2015 9:07:37 PM, 12_13 wrote:

There is the same amount of evidence for extra-terrestrial life as there is for angels or demons. But the mathematical probability is far higher for material extra-terrestrial life forms.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 8:20:54 PM
At 12/8/2015 9:15:29 PM, desmac wrote:
There is the same amount of evidence for extra-terrestrial life as there is for angels or demons. But the mathematical probability is far higher for material extra-terrestrial life forms.

How do you count the probability?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:34:14 PM
At 12/9/2015 8:20:54 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 12/8/2015 9:15:29 PM, desmac wrote:

How do you count the probability?
Because we KNOW that life forms actually exist, that's how.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 9:46:52 PM

Here are a list of scriptures which could be interpreted or misinterpreted to suggest aliens exist.

Ex 18:3 And her two sons; of which the name of the one was Gershom; for he said, I have been an alien in a strange land:

Deut 14:21 Ye shall not eat of any thing that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

Job 19:15 They that dwell in mine house, and my maids, count me for a stranger: I am an alien in their sight.

Psalm 69:8 I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children.

Isaiah 61:5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.

Then there are biblical reports of alien objects which could be interpreted as space ships and alien creatures?

Ezekiel 1:4-14 As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal. 5 And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, 6 but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings. 7 Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf's foot. And they sparkled like burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. And the four had their faces and their wings thus: 9 their wings touched one another. Each one of them went straight forward, without turning as they went. 10 As for the likeness of their faces, each had a human face. The four had the face of a lion on the right side, the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and the four had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. And their wings were spread out above. Each creature had two wings, each of which touched the wing of another, while two covered their bodies. 12 And each went straight forward. Wherever the spirit[c] would go, they went, without turning as they went. 13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, like the appearance of torches moving to and fro among the living creatures. And the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. 14 And the living creatures darted to and fro, like the appearance of a flash of lightning.

More alien creatures? >>>>
Rev 9:7-11 In appearance the locusts were like horses prepared for battle: on their heads were what looked like crowns of gold; their faces were like human faces, their hair like women's hair, and their teeth like lions' teeth; they had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the noise of their wings was like the noise of many chariots with horses rushing into battle. They have tails and stings like scorpions, and their power to hurt people for five months is in their tails. They have as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit. His name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek he is called Apollyon.

Have fun with them.