Jump to topic:

Questions for christians.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 12:30:59 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
I have some questions for the christians here.

Is Jesus God?
Did Jesus rise from the grave?
Does hell exist?
Can you go to heaven without accepting Jesus as your saviour?
Is that a divine Jesus or another?
Is a God that demands a human sacrifice worthy of worship?
Can children/babies go to heaven?
Does anybody go to heaven?
Does God speak to people?
Has anyone ever seen God?
Did Jesus visit hell when he was dead?
Is God omnipotent?
Is God omniscient?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:46:10 PM
At 12/10/2015 1:16:34 PM, bulproof wrote:
Please?
I do want answers.

Have you tried Google?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 1:52:22 PM
At 12/10/2015 1:46:10 PM, annanicole wrote:
Please?
I do want answers.

Have you tried Google?

Is google a christian?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:04:09 PM
At 12/10/2015 1:52:22 PM, bulproof wrote:
Please?
I do want answers.

Have you tried Google?

Is google a christian?

Yes
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:48:46 PM
At 12/10/2015 2:04:09 PM, annanicole wrote:
Please?
I do want answers.

Have you tried Google?

Is google a christian?

Yes
Do the questions scare you?
Can you not answer them?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:51:51 PM
Well so far we have had one erstwhile christian who has responded by trying desperately to avoid answering the questions, not a good start I'd suggest.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:00:49 PM
At 12/10/2015 12:30:59 PM, bulproof wrote:

Is Jesus God?
Does hell exist?
Is God omnipotent?
Is God omniscient?

You will find all your questions have been answered in the Bible. But you have to read it to find out.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:37:36 PM

Is Jesus God?

He is the mediator between God and man, whether you want to believe He is or not God really doesn't matter, He is God's right hand Man, which makes Him equivalent, He is still the mediator, which makes Him God to you anyway, or at least your access to Him
Here is the most complete description I think says it all....
Philippians 2
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

That's how the story goes brother.

Does hell exist?

Debatable I suppose.

Read that passage above, I believe it says it all pretty clearly.

Divine, sure.

Read the passage above, Jesus voluntarily went.

Yes

Debatable but I believe so.

Of course, through the spirit.

The story says yes, at least in a vision or God's backside lol!

I believe that is what it says.

Is God omnipotent?

No, maximal.

Is God omniscient?

Yes.
Pollux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:38:04 PM
At 12/10/2015 3:00:49 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Is Jesus God?
Does hell exist?
Is God omnipotent?
Is God omniscient?

You will find all your questions have been answered in the Bible. But you have to read it to find out.

Huh. I wonder why so many people professing to understand the bible disagree on their answers to these questions.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 3:52:53 PM
At 12/10/2015 2:51:51 PM, bulproof wrote:
Well so far we have had one erstwhile christian who has responded by trying desperately to avoid answering the questions, not a good start I'd suggest.

Ummm .... I doubt that my response would be characterized as "trying desperately to avoid answering the questions."
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 4:12:56 PM
At 12/10/2015 3:38:04 PM, Pollux wrote:
At 12/10/2015 3:00:49 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Is Jesus God?
Does hell exist?
Is God omnipotent?
Is God omniscient?

Huh. I wonder why so many people professing to understand the bible disagree on their answers to these questions.

We are not all created equal. The scriptures can only reveal to us what we are developmentally, intellectually and spiritually prepared to accept. You will not be given a burden too heavy that you cannot bear.
So how do Christians still manage to get stuck on stupid? It is the weight of their stupidly that bogs them down because the average bible only weighs 800 grams or little less than 2 lbs.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 4:26:10 PM

Is Jesus God?
No

Yes

Does hell exist?
Yes, it is called the grave.

Yes. For example, some people in remote parts of the works may never know the good news.

Not sure what you mean.

Depends

No, but they can be on paradise earth.

He has spoken to people and continues to guide.

Not anyone on earth.

Since hell is the grave, yes.

Is God omnipotent?
Yes

Is God omniscient?
Yes
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 5:09:52 PM

Is Jesus God?
Does hell exist?
Is God omnipotent?
Is God omniscient?

Read it for your self, in what is commonly known as the Bible, everyone with any sence, in western culture knows that"s where you find out what was actually said done, by those who were there. I recommend the KJV with the OED to clarify the use of English words used in the times of the translation KJV.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 5:12:42 PM
At 12/10/2015 4:26:10 PM, tstor wrote:
Yes. For example, some people in remote parts of the works may never know the good news.

Actually quite sensible. For example, it would be quite impossible to spread the word to tribes like https://en.wikipedia.org... since it has been agreed to not violate their way of life, nor for anyone to even disembark at their island.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 5:16:50 PM
Is Jesus God?
The human form of God. One who lives under the general concepts of the flesh. If you could travel in time you would see many unique versions of yourself, but they are all still you and are one, yet different. Ten different ages of yourself could stand and fight together. The leader, or "the greatest" would likely be some version of your older self. Yet you are still all one, yet seperate.
He rose from the dead.
-Does hell exist?
Yes. Satan is cast there. The rich man who would not give Lazarus water went there. His punishment was thirst. It does not mention eternity for the rich man. But it does say he is in hell. Degrees of punishment/mercy for each individually. Only God knows the judgement. It speaks that a man will receive the level of mercy or lack of that he bestowed on others. It says the same of forgiveness. It declares that God is merciful and just. If god is like Christ, logic declares it really takes a lot to "piss him off" or receive no forgiveness or mercy from him. Someone will bring up Sodom and Gamorah. You can google "why did god destroy Sodom and Gamorah". It's not what most people assume. It has nothing to do with homosexualuty. Zero.
Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father(God as God) but by me."
But the Bible speaks of the knowledge of the truth as the true condemnation. So, if one knows or is pretty certain of "the truth", condemnation is greater. Simple point here is you want Christ as a part of your judgement. If you asked for God's help, accepted Christ, and heard his voice, first off, you have done something about your faults. You have sought out God vs. Sin classes essentially. He is giving you grace(unearned favor and forgiveness) because you seek him and his ways: love, mercy, forgiveness, etc. And not as just some meaningless words, but as your action. If one begs youfor help, the spirit moves you to lay down your sword and have compassion. God speaks to His. They hear him too. But they faulter constantly. He is there picking you up when you fall, comforting you when discomforted, and gives strength when you are weak, and knowing all of your circumstance, he knows exactly what you really NEED, not what you want.
-Is that a divine Jesus or another?-
Jesus is devine. Christ means king. His title in Revolation is "King of Kings and Lord of Lords." He is mentioned as the creator specifically and that nothing can exist in our reality without him. Another verse states "In the beginning was the word(Christ), and the word was with God(The Father), and the word was God. WAS God. Devine? Yes.
The "sacrificed one" declares that his life could not be "required of him" or "taken from him", but that he lays his life down willingly on our behalf to show us how much he loves us. His love for us is based off of becoming as likened unto one of us, fully understanding our humanness us, and dying for us as a statement of his willingness to sacrfice his own life if that's what it takes to prove to us his ability to love, forgive, show mercy, etc. He declared that he could prevent, stop, and destroy his enemies and those crucifying him, but he chose not to. This proves on a human level his patience, forgiveness, mercy, and love. He forgave on the cross his killers.
Anyone that can not be counted accountable knowledgewise will reside with God. As Adam and Eve were destroyed by knowledge these would be innocent due to a lack of it. Jesus said,"The kingdom of Heaven is likened unto these", speaking of children. He commanded them to let the children come to him, meaninging small, innocent children in this case, not to be mistaken for "The children of Israel" or "the children of God". But plainly, kids.
Some do. Some don't. "You are saved by grace, not of works, lest any man could bost." It is a gift. Free of charge, yet not free. It costs us to follow Christ. We are beckoned and "chastised" by the spirit at times to go way out of our comfort zone to follow God. I had a person who was very beligerant towards me that I argued with, defended others against, and did not like being around, and they had car problems. I saw them on the side of the road. I did not WANT to stop.But I stopped, and we jump started the car. WWJD? Right? That's what we mean by it "costs" to follow Christ. We are beckoned to do certain good things that we would not do otherwise.
Through the Holy Spirit and reading Chrst's words. Its a language only he reveals, interprets, and he speaks to whom he wills.
The Bible says everyone of his children will "see him as he really is."
-Did Jesus visit hell when he was- dead?
Samantics. Some think so. The Bible never says he did specifically.
Is God omnipotent?
Yes. He created it and is omnipotent over His creation. Just as a programmer is omnipotent over the video game they create. It dictates no laws or rules to its maker. The maker dictates the laws and rules to his creation.
-Is God omniscient
He is omniscient over his creation. Just as in the programmer example above. If there were anything the programmer needs to tweek, find out, or dscern, he can pause the game or stop it and do or find out anything about anything. When he starts it again or pushes start, his creations do not know the difference. All they know is that the programmer always knows, is never stumped, and invincible to them. That's the nature of cteation. You own your creation. It dictates nothing to you and in your creation's "real time to them, you are never unknowing, never fooled, and never "beatable".
Gaetan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 7:13:53 PM

Is Jesus God?

No

His soul did but not his body.

Does hell exist?

Yes

You can go to heaven without knowing Jesus but you have to follow the golden rule

Don't know what you mean

No

Yes

No

By his Holy Spirit or guides

Yes

Don't know

Is God omnipotent?

Not the Father but the Pro-Father

Is God omniscient?

The Pro-Father yes
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 8:47:18 PM
Is Jesus God?

I believe what the Bible tells. According to the Bible, Jesus is the temple of God, God lives in Jesus. That I think means Jesus is not himself the one true God.

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works. "
John 14:10-14

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

God raised him according to the Bible and I believe it.

God exalted him with his right hand to be a Prince and a Savior, to give repentance to Israel, and remission of sins.
Acts 5:31
But if the Spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
Romans 8:11

Does hell exist?

I believe so.

I rather remain in what Jesus said. According to him, eternal life is for righteous. If person is righteous, he will get into eternal life.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

I don"t think Bible God demands human sacrifice.

If they are righteous.

I believe it can be possible.

I don"t know at the moment.

I don"t think so.

Is God omnipotent?

I believe so.

Is God omniscient?

I believe so.
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 11:28:30 PM
At 12/10/2015 5:12:42 PM, Jovian wrote:

Actually quite sensible. For example, it would be quite impossible to spread the word to tribes like https://en.wikipedia.org... since it has been agreed to not violate their way of life, nor for anyone to even disembark at their island.
Thanks for the link, that was a good read! I had never heard of that tribe.
"The afternoon came down as imperceptibly as age comes to a happy man. A little gold entered into the sunlight. The bay became bluer and dimpled with shore-wind ripples. Those lonely fishermen who believe that the fish bite at high tide left their rocks, and their places were taken by others, who were convinced that the fish bite at low tide." (John Steinbeck; Tortilla Flat, 1935)
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 11:34:41 PM
At 12/10/2015 11:28:30 PM, tstor wrote:
At 12/10/2015 5:12:42 PM, Jovian wrote:

My pleasure. Then a question would be, how would people like these have to have conducted their lives in order to ascend to heaven?
tstor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:42:02 AM
At 12/10/2015 11:34:41 PM, Jovian wrote:

My pleasure. Then a question would be, how would people like these have to have conducted their lives in order to ascend to heaven?
Well, none of them would ascend to heaven, as they would have to be apart of the 144,000. However, I am not terribly sure what would need to be done in regards to resurrection on paradise earth. Jesus is the head of that.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:55:30 AM

I'll pretend to be one for fun

Is Jesus God?

No

You're not a Christian if you say no to this.

Does hell exist?

A literal translation of the bible would mean no.

Yes, a few Old Testament people did, as reported in the bible. I think it was only 2 people though.

A deity that created you, essentially owns you and is worthy of whatever he says he is worthy of.

Yes, it is only adults that need be worried.

a very literal translation would be only the two people mentioned in the Old Testament, the rest would just rise from the grave upon the return of Jesus and live on Earth.

Only to a select few prophets, such as David Koresh.

Nobody can see the face of God without dying, but Moses has come close.

Is God omnipotent?

No he has no problem maintaining an erection

Is God omniscient?

Sure
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 4:02:45 AM

Is Jesus God?

Yes

Yes
Does hell exist?
Yes
No
Huh?
He never demanded human sacrifice

Yes

You have accept Jesus as your savior, yes

Yes
I haven't personally but I don't see air either.

Yes
Is God omnipotent?

Yes
Is God omniscient?

Yes

In case you're wondering I'm a Christian.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Pollux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 4:10:13 AM
At 12/11/2015 2:55:30 AM, Wylted wrote:

I'll pretend to be one for fun

Is Jesus God?

No

You're not a Christian if you say no to this.

Does hell exist?

A literal translation of the bible would mean no.

Yes, a few Old Testament people did, as reported in the bible. I think it was only 2 people though.

A deity that created you, essentially owns you and is worthy of whatever he says he is worthy of.

Yes, it is only adults that need be worried.

a very literal translation would be only the two people mentioned in the Old Testament, the rest would just rise from the grave upon the return of Jesus and live on Earth.

Only to a select few prophets, such as David Koresh.

Nobody can see the face of God without dying, but Moses has come close.

Is God omnipotent?

No he has no problem maintaining an erection

Is God omniscient?

Sure

+1
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 4:30:20 AM

I am a Christian, I will answer and site the Bible.

Is Jesus God?
Yes. (John 1:1-5, 14)
Yes. (Luke 24)
Does hell exist?
Yes (Luke 12:5)
Not if you want to stay. Jews who trusted in God but did not know about Jesus were sent to Paradise, a place of rest, still separated from God. Numerous times prophets were allowed a glimpse of the Christ, and hoped in that future, though they didn't understand it fully. After Jesus paid for their sins, they were allowed to go to Heaven. (Luke 16:19-)
Is what a divine Jesus?
He does not demand human sacrifice. He is worthy of worship. The only examples of human sacrifice in the Bible were either
pagans sacrificing to idols,
a human non-sacrifice where God specifically intervened to show that he will provide a better sacrifice than we can, even if we give everything (Abraham's only son of promise),
a foolish oath not commanded or condoned by God,
or Jesus willingly sacrificing himself because normal human sacrifice isn't sufficient.

2 Samuel 12:18-23
Yes. (II Timothy 4:18)
1 Samuel 3
Jesus is the representation of God that we are allowed to see.
No one can see God the Father and live.
(Exodus 33:20, Hebrews 1:3)
I don't think so. Jesus told the thief that died next to him that "Today you will be with me in Paradise." He may have gone to that part of the grave, but we aren't given enough detail to say with certainty.
Is God omnipotent?
Yes.
Ephesians 1:18-22
Is God omniscient?
Yes.
Colossians 2:3
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 4:41:50 AM
At 12/11/2015 4:30:20 AM, Skynet wrote:

Is Jesus God?
Yes. (Luke 24)
Does hell exist?
Not if you want to stay. Jews who trusted in God but did not know about Jesus were sent to Paradise, a place of rest, still separated from God. Numerous times prophets were allowed a glimpse of the Christ, and hoped in that future, though they didn't understand it fully. After Jesus paid for their sins, they were allowed to go to Heaven. (Luke 16:19-)
Is what a divine Jesus?
He does not demand human sacrifice. He is worthy of worship. The only examples of human sacrifice in the Bible were either
a human non-sacrifice where God specifically intervened to show that he will provide a better sacrifice than we can, even if we give everything (Abraham's only son of promise),
or Jesus willingly sacrificing himself because normal human sacrifice isn't sufficient.

1 Samuel 3
I don't think so. Jesus told the thief that died next to him that "Today you will be with me in Paradise." He may have gone to that part of the grave, but we aren't given enough detail to say with certainty.

I think paradise (which no longer exists after Jesus rose from the dead) was a level of hell but wasn't the flames and torture of hell. I say this because of Lazarus and the rich man.
Is God omnipotent?
Yes.
Is God omniscient?
Yes.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 4:59:27 AM
At 12/11/2015 4:41:50 AM, Maccabee wrote:
At 12/11/2015 4:30:20 AM, Skynet wrote:

Is Jesus God?
Yes. (Luke 24)
Does hell exist?
Is what a divine Jesus?

1 Samuel 3

I think paradise (which no longer exists after Jesus rose from the dead) was a level of hell but wasn't the flames and torture of hell. I say this because of Lazarus and the rich man.
Is God omnipotent?
Yes.
Is God omniscient?
Yes.

I do not disagree. I just don't take a firm stance on it because it doesn't seem to be a vital topic, and that passage doesn't 100% nail it down that Jesus went there, as in a few places, heaven is called "the paradise of God."
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 9:00:18 AM
Early results would indicate that christians are not exactly a homogeneous bunch, even when it comes to the absolute tenets. The results for the other questions are pretty much the same.
Is Jesus God?
4x yes...3x no....4x avoidence.
6x yes....5x avoidence.
Does hell exist?
5x yes....1x no...5x avoid
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 12:57:36 PM

OK, the short answers.

Is Jesus God?

Nope

Jesus, as in the human body of, did not. Jehovah's son, who had been occupying that body did.

Does hell exist?

Not in the currently accepted state. Scripturally Hell is nothing more than the grave, to which all go when they die. It is a state, not a place.

Few go to heaven anyway, and those are specially selected and tested. The option for the rest of us is resurrection on to the earth, which is open to all who take advantage of Jehovah's channel for salvation, which includes knowledge of and acceptance of the sacrifice performed by Christ, but there is much more to it than just that.

The human Jesus was never divine, no human can be, however the one who occupied Jesus body to become the Christ was indeed divine, before and after his occupying of that body.

It is not simply a case of demanding a human sacrifice in fact an ordinary human would not have possessed sufficient value.

Jehovah's justice demands like for like.

Adam threw away his chance of eternal life on earth. The only way such could be repurchased for humanity was by the sacrifice of an equal. Hence the specially produced body of Jesus, occupied by Jehovah's son, was needed.

Jehovah forces no-one to serve him, therefore before his son was able to occupy the body of Jesus, Jesus had to show hime=self willing to serve in that way.

He did so by appearing to John the Baptiser and insisting on being baptised in demonstration of such willingness.

Anyone who has developed even a basic personality can have that personality placed in a new body at their resurrection.

At what point there is sufficient personality for that to happen is not known, but it is a large part of the reason that abortion is such a big deal in Jehovah's eyes whereas death is not.

The 144,000 who go to heaven to serve as Kings and Priests alongside the Christ do, All others have to wait, completely unconscious, for the earthly resurrection.

Not directly at present.

Since Adam's fall humans have not been sufficiently holy for him to deal with himself, hence since that time everything has been delegated to his son. ONly when his son has finished his work of returning us to the holy state Adam enjoyed will Jehovah again be able to deal with us directly, which is why his son then hands the Kingdom back to him, as scripture tells us.

In the meantime Jehovah communicates with us through his son or a designated Angel, by means of his holy spirit which as Paul points out, bears witness with our spirit.

As Jesus made very clear, the only human who had even seen God was Jehovah's son himself, who had seen him and worked with him since his creation, and before coming to the earth to occupy Jesus human body.

Like all who die he went to the grave, yes.

Is God omnipotent?

Omnipotent is a thoroughly misused word.

If by omnipotent you mean that he has the ability to do anything which falls within his moral compass, then the answer is yes, he is.

Is God omniscient?

Again a thoroughly misused term.

Jehovah has the ability to know anything he wishes to know, but his moral compass does not allow him to "spy" on us at times of privacy or to enter our minds without invitation.
If that is what you mean by omnipotent then yes he is. However as far as I am aware the term does not occur in scripture.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2015 12:59:51 PM
At 12/10/2015 2:04:09 PM, annanicole wrote:
Please?
I do want answers.

Have you tried Google?

Is google a christian?

Yes

No good asking you though cause currently you are a long way from Christian, lol.

As far as I am concerned only Christ has the right to judge what I am, since it is him I serve, and through him, his father.